Performance & Connectivity Feedback - 1.3.294

87 replies to this topic

#21 somiux

Rookie

• The Nimble
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

I patched as soon as the server was available. I have tried to get in missions since that time. I have only been able to get int a few matches with most of the matches saying "unable to find a match."

Is this a result of the patch?

#22 Bolt IronStag

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationMy Happy Place Watching the Servers Burn with Community Rage.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

Absolutely, in fact I am playing with my unit in private matches because of the intolerable wait times in the public queue.

#23 Everholt

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:09 PM

I hate this patch. Too much time of wait, it is exagerated. You are forcing me to leave the game.

#24 Bulletcatcher7

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

It took me over 1 hour to find one match. I have a premium membership and have invested over $200 in this game because I love to PLAY Mechwarrior. You all need to fix this immediatly. I will not wait longer than 1 minute to find and play a mech. I expect better features from patches not worse. Reference this post as the time I expect my premium time to be put on hold until you all fix this game. Also this gravy train of money I have provided is to be put onhold until I feel confident you all will have a service I can actually use for the longterm. Driving your employers/customers away with a faulty game is not something I will continue pumping money into. FIX THIS!

P.S. You all are going to need to actually make this a comprehensive game soon or your gonna lose my funding. More maps and objectives are needed.

BulletCatcher7

#25 Celente

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostBulletcatcher7, on 20 May 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

It took me over 1 hour to find one match. I have a premium membership and have invested over $200 in this game because I love to PLAY Mechwarrior. You all need to fix this immediatly. I will not wait longer than 1 minute to find and play a mech. I expect better features from patches not worse. Reference this post as the time I expect my premium time to be put on hold until you all fix this game. Also this gravy train of money I have provided is to be put onhold until I feel confident you all will have a service I can actually use for the longterm. Driving your employers/customers away with a faulty game is not something I will continue pumping money into. FIX THIS!

P.S. You all are going to need to actually make this a comprehensive game soon or your gonna lose my funding. More maps and objectives are needed.

BulletCatcher7

I have invested 0$ in this game and yet I am also greatly distressed by this latest patch. Can't imagine how you feel :P

#26 Bulletcatcher7

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

Things one can do while they wait for matches:

-Take and complete an advanced physics degree

-Kniting

-Paint a home

-Roast a beef brisket

-Put together a 5 million peice puzzle

-Play other games like Titanfall, Mechwarrior Living Legends, Hawken .............

People only have so many hours in a day, I will not spend 99% of my game time to wait for a match. <-------Period

#27 ThisOneDiesALot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFreiburg

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

hey i know we are all pissed off by the waiting time right now, but still i'd like to give some feedback about the patch besides the waiting time: For me it feels like FPS got much much better, yesterday i had matches where i was down to something that feeled like turn based FPS (literally). Unable to engage any fight with more then 5 or six mechs on the screen don't even mention heat/night view... today everything worked smoothly even with lots of mechs on screen and heat view activated.

#28 Celente

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

View PostThisOneDiesALot, on 20 May 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

hey i know we are all pissed off by the waiting time right now, but still i'd like to give some feedback about the patch besides the waiting time: For me it feels like FPS got much much better, yesterday i had matches where i was down to something that feeled like turn based FPS (literally). Unable to engage any fight with more then 5 or six mechs on the screen don't even mention heat/night view... today everything worked smoothly even with lots of mechs on screen and heat view activated.

Would love to give feedback as I play games. But waiting forever to join a game is driving me crazy. This game is supposed to be fun. It is not supposed to be a chore. Playing a game now feels like mowing the lawn.

#29 Drazil OcceG

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

View PostGheist777, on 20 May 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

New matchmaker blows. I was able to deal with the unbalanced matches but this just made things unplayable for me. It was a pick up game for me and now I have to devote a couple hours for maybe 2-3 matches lasting an all of 15 minutes at max. I wonder how pissed the people who paid for premium time are?

very pissed i just bought 2 months not long ago hope they fix this or its just wasted money

#30 Ice age

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

had FPS in the 30's prepatch,....post patch after many fails dropped in a match and now have fps in the less than 10 range.

#31 ThisOneDiesALot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFreiburg

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

well i hope they're going to reward premium time buyer somehow... would be a nice gesture. i work in online software development myself, i know how it feels when patches go weird :-\

#32 VonWolfman

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostTechnoMechDestroyer, on 20 May 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

After the patch on 20/05/2014 - Been searching for over 10 minutes to enter a game. Finally got bored of waiting for the game to get me into a match so I decided to play another game.

Not cool.

No, very VERY not cool. I only get bits of time to sit and play when the wife and kids are busy with other things.. and not being able to play when i have time, SUCKS.. just saying.

#33 Albatroz

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

MWO doesn´t have that many players to this kind of matchmaking. It´ll take forever for some players to use their heavy mech for instance. You´ve lost too many players and keep losing them. Hence matchmaking is not the problem until you have a certain number of players really logged in. And for that, you must stop listening to people and start to make this game attractive for everyone else there´s playing ANYTHING else (even arcade Hawken). Democracy doesn´t work, just create a strategy and focus on it. Focus on making this game attractive for people again, focus on details.

Edited by Albatroz, 20 May 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#34 bangers

Rookie

• The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

folks this is beyond rediculous.... don't you test anything before deploying it anymore?

maybe I should test charging back the money I spent on your broken game?

#35 grraystorm

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Ironhold

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

one hour six minutes........... still waiting, thank god for Youtube to kill time between matches.

Did see a new error message that I've never seen before "We are sorry for the inconvenience but you have actually watched ALL of Youtube, you must have launched the NEW and IMPROVED Mechwarrior Online Patch."

No Guts No Gameplay

#36 grraystorm

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:15 PM

So when does the patch go live that pauses our premium time while waiting for the game to actually launch?

#37 Cruxs

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMy parents basment.

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

Well PGI we had a good run. I had a lot of fun playing your game. it is finally time to move on. I'm not going to wait 5 to 15 minuets to play a game for 5 to 15 minutes. With your goal to balance before all else with this 3333, constant nerfs and buffs. You have finally broke your own game. At least for me. Maybe I'll come back some day if you finally fix things but I'm not hopeful. Best of luck to you I think your game is dying and I think you know it.

#38 grraystorm

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

Can we get some elevator music in the next patch............. still waiting....... one hour nineteen minutes

#39 grraystorm

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:21 PM

Please note the amount of money I have already spent on this game do to my loyalty in the Battletech universe
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
<
|
|
|
|
|
<

Patches like this are starting to get a bit old!

Edited by grraystorm, 20 May 2014 - 03:22 PM.

#40 Renegade max

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

PGI what did you do.

This patch has the matchmaking but WHOOAAAAAAA I had public match wait times of 30 sec to 1 minute previously- Now I wait for 10 minutes. You have to change this or you will loose losts of players fast.

I have seen many comments about this. what happened. You seem be going backwards again with this change. I understand you are trying to balance the matches but this wont work.

Edited by Renegade max, 20 May 2014 - 03:27 PM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users