#42 Vagabond HT

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:58 AM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 23 May 2014 - 12:11 AM, said:

Timberwolf Ssssssssssssssss hm? I honestly dont thing it a new superior jumpsniper in bound. But seeing how efficient can a JJting mech with Lurms be... I can't... i must resist...

Any news about when will (if ever) invisible walls be finally fixed? Cos that is the last obsticle which forces me to not buy any of the clan packages

You won't be able to remove the jumpjets from the S so thats 5 tons for movement, and i suspect they will be hardlocked 2 in each leg and 1 in the CT. If the jjs where in the side torso's that would make any of the timberwolf configs with jumpjets since what makes the "Varient" in pgi's eye is the ct and legs.

And about the other Uac's i do think they will be in game you just need to purchase them. remember the LB 10 X was ingame but not on any of stock varients of IS mechs. and i have a few sexy plans for the Direwolf using the prime,A,B config parts ;)

#43 Grimmrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:25 AM

I am happy with the Nova,
but since the stormcrow also can mount missiles, the stromcrow seems to offer more variety.

The Direwolf, not sure, does the Direwolf have any kind of arm with lower actuators? Seems not.

Edited by Grimmrog, 23 May 2014 - 02:31 AM.

#44 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:32 AM

View Postvagabond The Scot, on 23 May 2014 - 12:58 AM, said:

You won't be able to remove the jumpjets from the S so thats 5 tons for movement, and i suspect they will be hardlocked 2 in each leg and 1 in the CT. If the jjs where in the side torso's that would make any of the timberwolf configs with jumpjets since what makes the "Varient" in pgi's eye is the ct and legs.

And about the other Uac's i do think they will be in game you just need to purchase them. remember the LB 10 X was ingame but not on any of stock varients of IS mechs. and i have a few sexy plans for the Direwolf using the prime,A,B config parts ;)

The Jump Jets on the Mad Cat S aren't listed as fixed equipment on the base chassis (unlike, say, the Flamer built into the Puma's CT or the first five Jump Jets on the Thor), so they should be removable.

Though, PGI could, in theory, lock them into place anyway (in which case, they would actually take two critical spaces in each side-torso and fill the remaining critical space in the Center Torso, per the BT record sheet).

#45 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:17 AM

Hehe, yay! Get to know how to mix and match in advance now. XD

Spoiler

View PostStrum Wealh, on 23 May 2014 - 02:32 AM, said:

The Jump Jets on the Mad Cat S aren't listed as fixed equipment on the base chassis (unlike, say, the Flamer built into the Puma's CT or the first five Jump Jets on the Thor), so they should be removable.

Though, PGI could, in theory, lock them into place anyway (in which case, they would actually take two critical spaces in each side-torso and fill the remaining critical space in the Center Torso, per the BT record sheet).

Worth noting, however, that if PGI sticks with the free swapping of torso and arms (aside from the CT that is), even if they treat all Jump Jets as fixed you could still actually reduce the number of Jump Jets on the S Timber Wolf and Kit Fox by simply replacing a side torso. A roundabout way to reduce the number of Jump jets, but it should, in theory, work.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 23 May 2014 - 05:45 AM.

#46 Av4tar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOcean 12

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:49 AM

Very Interesting, 2 cgauss 2 cerppcs could fit in.

Dire Wolf / Daishi
P: 4xERLL 4xMPL 2xUAC5 1xLRM10
-- 2B 8E 1M

A: 1xGauss 3xLPL 2xSSRM6 AMS
-- 1B 3E 2M

B: 4xUAC2 2xERPPC 1xLBAC10 2xMPL 1xERSL
-- 5B 5E

Edited by ed3n1, 23 May 2014 - 05:50 AM.

#47 Keeshu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 470 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:57 AM

Taking a look at all the configurations on Sarna, I'm happy with all the configurations they chose because they either didn't have any other choices, or these are the most diverse of what they had available to them. There's a lot of configurations with weapons we will be having for a long time.

The only Configuration I thought that would have been better to get in is Warhawk F, mainly because it means more tubes for LRMing. Though I'm alright with the configurations they chose (besides F isn't for another 4 years in the timeline, I don't think tubes will be that big of a deal, especially because of "ripple firing" clan LRMs)

Timber Wolf S is a major surprise to me. I'm incredibly happy they chose it though, I'm a sucker for jumpjets. However, I'm not too impressed with it's weapons. I will probably make the Timber Wolf S one of my go-to mechs in this game.
Kit Fox S also has Jumpjets, I thought Kit Foxes couldn't use jumpjets on any variants, glad I was wrong there.

As a lover of SRMs + LRMs, I'm happy to see some Missle mech variants outside the Timber Wolf.
Summoner B, Stormcrow D, Kit Fox D, Adder A
Though personally I'll always view Stormcrow as the laser boat, and Adder as the double ER PPC user.

Here's what I plan to use the most for each chassis:
Adder Prime or A - I can't decide between Apples and Grapes for this thing! I'd have to test it out, it really depends on how Clan LRMs work and how they go about Clan ER PPCs
Kit Fox S - Jumpjets are must have for me. As for the loadout, LRMs on a light sounds iffy, but maybe it'll be alright cause Clans have more weight for weapons. Chances are I will snag the Right arm off the primary. Go Double SRM 6, 1 LBX5 AC, 1 ER medium laser, the rest to ammo. It's either this or I do Double Streak SRM 6 with a PPC and ignore the ballistic hardpoint so I can be a terror to fast lights. Though I'd feel bad for not using a ballstic on Kit Fox because in MW2 it was the only ballistic light.
Nova Prime - Just stick with Primary loadout, it's pretty solid.
Stormcrow - Choosing between Carrots (primary) and Grapes (D). I like them both for their own things. Though probably I'd do Primary and stick with that because I always remember Stormcrow for the fast medium with lasers.
Summoner - I can't decide at all, they all have pros/cons for what I like in a mech.
Timberwolf S - Gotta have those jumpjets again. Gonna use the LRMs, ER PPC, and add in extra heat sinks/ammo.
Warhawk - Overall not a fan of the mech in anything. However, I'll probably play it for my love of PPCs, I'll probably stick to stock, or remove the LRMs for more heat sinks cause the heat will be crazy. However, high heat from 4 ppcs is really hard to use I'd imagne, challenge accepted.
Dire Wolf - So customizable, I can't decide.

Which ones I'll probably play the most:
Timber Wolf S
Summoner (not sure which just yet)
Nova Primary
Dire Wolf (not sure which yet)
Kit Fox S (with Primary's Right Arm)
Adder Primary
Warhawk Primary
Stormcrow Primary
Gee, they just have really nice solid normal loadouts. It's weird, I'm used to absolutely gutting everything in the Inner Sphere mechs because I usually don't like their defaults.

Semi-Unrelated:
Still looking forward to the Mad Dog being my main mech when it gets in. However, now that the Timber Wolf S has Jumpjets, I'll be a little bit more reluctant to use the Mad Dog, because I love jumpjets a lot, and the Timber Wolf is just a bigger version of the Mad Dog that runs the same speed with more armor/weapons. Of course if I had my way with the Mad Dog I'd replace the Large Pulses with ER PPCs (cause PPCs are my favorite weapons after missles), and the Medium Pulses with Jumpjets and call that my favorite mech. ;) I'm still looking through sarna for my favorite mechs designs and loadouts, Mad Dog is still has the mech closest to what I want in a mech's loadout [and one of the few mechs that I actually love the default loadout with as well]).

#48 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:11 AM

Perfect, no Ultra 20. Which means, there goes one of my variants for Heimdall.

Edited by Hawk819, 23 May 2014 - 07:12 AM.

#49 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

...just because none come with an ultra 20 stock does not bar you from replacing a ballistic hard point with an ultra 20. ;)

#50 VanillaG

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:14 AM

View PostPygar, on 22 May 2014 - 11:44 PM, said:

You can just put UAC20 on anything with 12 tons to spare and a ballistic slot.

And available crit space. Keep in mind that ES/FF crit allocation are fixed so you can move them around to make space. As others have said, it will not be possible to mount a UAC/20 in the Timberwolf torso because there are some fixed crits so there is not enough space.

#51 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostMoenrg, on 22 May 2014 - 08:17 PM, said:

Many variants look very good, and with the ability to swap limbs/torso's in reality we only have to field the 'best' build with 3 different centers to master them....it definitely makes you think differently to min/max them. For those worrying about our lack of ECM, hopefully we'll have the Kit Fox 'C' right arm available (at least until they release the hellbringer).

The Summoner D will make a nice poptart (as well as the Timber Wolf 'S') - should be interesting to see which one is more popular. For those worrying about how our mechs will stack up (especially how badly our weapons will be nerfed) keep in mind our mechs will be very fast and very nimble by MWO standards (excepting our current lights atm) and speed does make a significant difference in this game.... 25 days but who's counting :P

While true, one of the few intelligent decisions that PGI has gone with (though I can't vouch for how well it will work) is that each 'part' is supposed to affect our ability to move. For example, arms with only 1 hardpoint would be significantly more agile than arms with 4 hardpoints. Whether it's by arm range, arm speed, or some other factor.

I would imagine side torsos would have a similar effect on the body.

Want to twist fast and far, have fewer hardpoints. Want to hit with lots of things? Stack the hardpoints!

#52 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostVanillaG, on 23 May 2014 - 07:14 AM, said:

And available crit space. Keep in mind that ES/FF crit allocation are fixed so you can move them around to make space. As others have said, it will not be possible to mount a UAC/20 in the Timberwolf torso because there are some fixed crits so there is not enough space.

T-Wolf B has 7 slots in the right arm (Summoner too), and devs said that big guns like 20-caliber and Gauss force the arm actuator to be removed, which makes it 8 slots. UAC/20 will fit, but LB 20-X AC would not (it occupies 9 slots).

And why everyone praises the Kit Fox C right arm with ECM and yet forgets it also has three (3) AMS slots? And what if they implement Laser AMS as well? Trollfest!!!

#53 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

View PostKoniving, on 23 May 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

Want to twist fast and far, have fewer hardpoints. Want to hit with lots of things? Stack the hardpoints!

Which will make the Adder and Summoner-Prime pretty darn mobile if they do not add extra hardpoints. :P

2E and 1 of each?
Lowest hardpoint counts in the game

#54 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:31 PM

The only thing thing that mostly surprised me as many others is the Timberwolf S (and the Kit Fox S too).

I mean, really? A Timberwolf with JJs?

Of course i would love having them (Leaping at the throat of my prey like a wolf.. Ok this is starting being repetitive) on my TWolf..

But i fear that the other configurations will be found less interesting than it.. And now Aidan Pryde's Timberwolf hero 'Mech has less sense to be made..

Last but not the least, i must get used to a Timberwolf with JJs ;)

#55 Shikata nai

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 23 May 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

The only thing thing that mostly surprised me as many others is the Timberwolf S (and the Kit Fox S too).

I mean, really? A Timberwolf with JJs?

Of course i would love having them (Leaping at the throat of my prey like a wolf.. Ok this is starting being repetitive) on my TWolf..

But i fear that the other configurations will be found less interesting than it.. And now Aidan Pryde's Timberwolf hero 'Mech has less sense to be made..

Last but not the least, i must get used to a Timberwolf with JJs ;)

Maybe they did it intentionally to bring the famous Timberwolf of Aidan into the game without having to deal with P2W issues...

#56 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

View PostLachesis Muta, on 23 May 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

Maybe they did it intentionally to bring the famous Timberwolf of Aidan into the game without having to deal with P2W issues...

But then what should they use for Clan Hero 'Mechs? That was their best option, much like Yen-Lo-Wang: a famous pilot, a known and viable loadout.. And JJs on a Timberwolf!

#57 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

Honestly, I feel like the Timber Wolf S kind of obsoletes the Summoner. What can the Summoner do that the TWolf S cannot, with 5 more tons?

#58 Shikata nai

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:36 PM

1. Hitboxes - Could be less vulnerable to Centertorsohits
2. Maybe better Movementquirks since PGI stated it kinda correlates with lower Hardpointamounts
3. Potentially better Hardpointmounts.
4. Ability to mount 2xUAC20 - someone said that Timberwolf cant mount such loadouts due to some fixed stuff in the sidetorsos.

Overall there could be some stuff speaking for the Summoner but i guess we need to wait untill the Mechs are out. The whole gameplay could change anyway.

@CyclonerM
Maybe you misunderstood what i wanted to say. I think they could have brought the S to bring also Aidain's Herovariant giving them something agains P2W screams since there are also C-Bill possibilities for JJ-Timberwolfs.

Edited by Lachesis Muta, 23 May 2014 - 01:40 PM.

#59 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostLachesis Muta, on 23 May 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

1. Hitboxes - Could be less vulnerable to Centertorsohits
2. Maybe better Movementquirks since PGI stated it kinda correlates with lower Hardpointamounts
3. Potentially better Hardpointmounts.
4. Ability to mount 2xUAC20 - someone said that Timberwolf cant mount such loadouts due to some fixed stuff in the sidetorsos.

1-3 might be true, but with 22 tons of space to stick stuff in, there is no way it is packing duel UAC20 or LB20X. Hell, a single one sucks up half the tonnage before ammunition. :\

#60 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

View Post101011, on 23 May 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Honestly, I feel like the Timber Wolf S kind of obsoletes the Summoner. What can the Summoner do that the TWolf S cannot, with 5 more tons?

Only thing I can possibly think of is the smaller frame, width wise, of the Thor. Don't have two massive CRT TVs mounted on your shoulders either.

Edited by Todd Lightbringer, 23 May 2014 - 03:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users