#121 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:23 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 26 May 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

....It's white knight morons like yourself that really make pgi look even worse.

His wording is much to be desired but he has a point. The real culprit here is designing the game, No one could foresee the problems you can run in to when making a game. A good majority of people dont have a clue so when there's a delay they immediately think the cause is incompetence but i can say a lot of people who are admit on crushing PGI dont have the slightest clue how to program anything on a large scale. I Model as a hobby i can also mod games on a small level. Depending on your level it is not easy.

They didn't miss that many dates, this is exaggerated. I would go back but it's irrelevant. They did hit every date this year they set, but People still dont want to give them the credit. Use topics such as balancing as a shield to be able to continue flaming.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 26 May 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#122 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:39 PM

ROFL, because every patch put out this year hasn't been an unmitigated FAIL.

Yeah, good thing they're releasing total crap on time.

#123 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

Whiteknights are created by critics. We look at people misinterpreting delays and changes as lies and evil, and we go "Sheesh people, grow a brain and get off the Adderall" and start looking for other ways to explain the sitch.

#124 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

LOL, because a few months ago, I was so WK that I make you two look like kids wearing their daddy's clothes, trying to fill my shoes.

How do you explain THAT turn?

#125 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:00 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 26 May 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

LOL, because a few months ago, I was so WK that I make you two look like kids wearing their daddy's clothes, trying to fill my shoes.

You took Russ's/PGI's words to heart. It was your position at the time.

^_^

Edited by Deathlike, 26 May 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#126 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

He smacked the ice cream out of our hands and then told us to buy his ice cream cause the majority ate it more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdZkqu0KlqM?t=37s

Edited by Imperius, 26 May 2014 - 06:12 PM.

#127 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

Alright. Thank you.

That is a mother ******* update. Well put, to the point, covering the important details without data dumping. Professional and covering the basics of the what/why/how/when and setting reasonable expectations at the end.

Due props, thank you.

3/3/3/3 is an important facet for the game, it solves a lot of issues and is worth the work. I appreciate that it's a priority and that people are being moved to handle the investment involved in making it work. I feel a lot better knowing that it is a priority even though it doesn't directly translate into more revenue.

I would really love to see this become an example of something we can point and and say 'PGI said they'd get this fixed in 1 month and, 4 weeks later, BAM. Delivered.' We could use some of those that are as big and important as this.

Again, all due props for the update, well put and good information. Wish this was sticky so it would be at the top of this forum - I missed it for almost a week.

#128 ScorpionNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:18 PM

View PostCathy, on 26 May 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

I thought Ninja were legendary asassins not well you know...that way inclined, as you can't mean motorbike as real bikers aren't scared of foul weather ^_^

I live in Michigan. Let see you ride a sportbike on roads with lots of Real Snow, for your "foul weather". I'm guessing you live in a state like California which you get to ride 12 months out of 12 months! Not here in Michigan. Maybe 7 months out of 12 months a year! If you wanna talk about bikes and trips . . . PM me! ^_^

#129 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:25 PM

I'm guessing loads of groups trying to cue in 3 assaults and a heavy might be a problem, why not limit groups of four or less to one chassis type per person?

#130 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:18 AM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 26 May 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

I didn't say I specifically spent a thousand bucks idiot, that I have spent quite a bit as well, I have bought several mechs then decided they didn't play right so would sell them then buy something else, sell it yada yadda, I bought into the clans so I dont know the exact amount I have spent but it's several hundred dollars. More than any other game I have spent, I have spent more on this than any console.

Poser

#131 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:21 AM

Too many beers?

#132 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:30 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 22 May 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

we actually were able to prove that players are willing to adjust there behaviour and play more Light and Medium mechs
This line bothers me, mostly on the fact that they're basically requiring players to adjust their behavior, which punishes those that do with playing mechs they may not want, and those that don't by giving them longer queues.

Why not use the 4 mech max rule instead? The queue adjusts to players better rather than forcing players to adjust to the queue, the matches are still generally even (Though I prefer max 4 min 2 myself), and you don't punish players who want to play the popular weight class at the moment.

#133 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:03 AM

Stop making joining public matches unbearable and a pain in the ass. Just demand a subscription, enough of this charade. In all honesty if you would have asked the people to pay so that you could focus on the gamedevelopement instead of putting most of your ressources towards the cashshop enough would have payed, but hey, who am i to ask for integrity.

#134 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:13 AM

View PostScorpionNinja, on 26 May 2014 - 06:18 PM, said:

I live in Michigan. Let see you ride a sportbike on roads with lots of Real Snow, for your "foul weather". I'm guessing you live in a state like California which you get to ride 12 months out of 12 months! Not here in Michigan. Maybe 7 months out of 12 months a year! If you wanna talk about bikes and trips . . . PM me! :)

I live in England it rains nearly everyday :(

#135 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:08 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 26 May 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

A good majority of people dont have a clue so when there's a delay they immediately think the cause is incompetence but i can say a lot of people who are admit on crushing PGI dont have the slightest clue how to program anything on a large scale.

That is true. But even they can compare between other game developing companies and this game developer, between other projects and this project.
And you don't need to know anything about programming to judge good communication or bad communication.

Sometimes a detached point of view even lets you see things clearer.
Plus every situation has to be reviewed independently. Just because it's not always incompetence doesn't mean it's never incompetence.

So this argument brings us nowhere. It's neither proof nor disproof. Let's talk about what people say who do have a clue.

Edited by John Norad, 27 May 2014 - 07:31 AM.

#136 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

View PostMrWhite, on 26 May 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

I'm guessing loads of groups trying to cue in 3 assaults and a heavy might be a problem, why not limit groups of four or less to one chassis type per person?

For the same reason they didn't use tonnage limits instead of the rule of 3, and that reason is because it is really stupid to make people choose between playing with friends and playing with the mech they want to play with in particular when it is a mech you might have paid real money for.

#137 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostBront, on 27 May 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

This line bothers me, mostly on the fact that they're basically requiring players to adjust their behavior, which punishes those that do with playing mechs they may not want, and those that don't by giving them longer queues.

Why not use the 4 mech max rule instead? The queue adjusts to players better rather than forcing players to adjust to the queue, the matches are still generally even (Though I prefer max 4 min 2 myself), and you don't punish players who want to play the popular weight class at the moment.

I don't mind waiting longer to drop with what I prefer, just for the record. It's the same way in most other online games that have any sort of class/weight balancing as well, such as WoW. I think it would be much more successful if they add in an incentive system for using under-utilized mechs, but they could do the same thing just by balancing the role rewards.

Balance the reward system and you get a balanced population, regardless of which method you choose.

View PostCathy, on 27 May 2014 - 06:13 AM, said:

I live in England it rains nearly everyday ;)

Rain has little to do with riding. I'm not sure about Britain, but Michigan has below zero temperatures for 4-5 months out of the year, and heavy slush for a couple more on average. Both of those conditions make riding a motorcycle not only extremely dangerous, but also very UNenjoyable...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users