136 replies to this topic

#101 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:38 AM

View PostCathy, on 26 May 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

Don't worry about trying to explain that Autumn really means fourth quarter, I'm seriously not interested in waiting for a feature that was going to be October, which is now magically going to be December, nearly two years late

Posted Image

Does it matter? it's going to be a fiasco just like every other implemented feature has been since Closed Beta

That is, unless they find a way to monetize it, then it will work perfectly on the first run.

#102 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:40 AM

View PostZolaz, on 26 May 2014 - 07:33 AM, said:

I dont even worry about Russ says anymore. He is going to implement some abortion of an idea and the white knights will shout it to the heavens. There wont be CW or any of the other pillars that Paul and crew have been promising for years now.

The problem with MM is that it doesnt do its job. You do not have similar teams or comparable teams matched up together. That is because the MM is PGI's last horrible attempt at giving you "fair" matches.

As for people who think that one person makes a difference? lol Unless you have a KDR of 5 or 6 you arent Kai Allard-Liao. And as far as an "Army of One", go slap a general and see how important you are. I rarely see awesome pilots in this game. Most people would barely make requirements to be in a line unit, much less be a hero from the books.

while no fan of the match maker it can't compensate for dumb builds I'm no fan of meta but when I see atlateans with twin machineguns and stalkers with no secondary weapons, you had better hope the other team is really really bad.

#103 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

Yes I read ...Reddit, Nikolai, and now the entire community, has concrete proof of how Russ will call white, black and blue, green to justify failure on the companies part.

let me explain

Find the part where he talks about community warfare and how, its definately going to be in this..AUTUMN, thats fall, for Americans, he then goes on to say, that people have to understand that Autumn means right up to the 21st of December.

This statement says two things.

He all ready knows its not going to make the promised October date (which is Autumn b.t.w) so is all ready shooting the breeze and.

He lives on a world of his creation, as the 21st of December is the winter solstice of as everyone but Russ seems to know is Midwinter, it has been midwinter before Islam and Christianity, and will remain midwinter until the world ends or P.G.I hit a deadline on time and without bugs.

Don't worry about trying to explain that Autumn really means fourth quarter, I'm seriously not interested in waiting for a feature that was going to be October, which is now magically going to be December, nearly two years late

It was, how you say...

His position at the time.

#104 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 26 May 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

It was, how you say...

His position at the time.

FREEZE suckers ! adopt the position <_<

#105 pesco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

So I'm confused. He says the matchmaker doesn't worry about weight class (3/3/3/3 still out). But it tells you which class to pick "to get in quicker"? How does that compute?

#106 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:47 AM

View Postpesco, on 26 May 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

So I'm confused. He says the matchmaker doesn't worry about weight class (3/3/3/3 still out). But it tells you which class to pick "to get in quicker"? How does that compute?

Russspeak

#107 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,631 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

well, in most situations, no news is good news. sort of. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Appreciate it.

#108 Hallbor

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

Yes I read ...Reddit, Nikolai, and now the entire community, has concrete proof of how Russ will call white, black and blue, green to justify failure on the companies part.

let me explain

Find the part where he talks about community warfare and how, its definately going to be in this..AUTUMN, thats fall, for Americans, he then goes on to say, that people have to understand that Autumn means right up to the 21st of December.

This statement says two things.

He all ready knows its not going to make the promised October date (which is Autumn b.t.w) so is all ready shooting the breeze and.

He lives on a world of his creation, as the 21st of December is the winter solstice of as everyone but Russ seems to know is Midwinter, it has been midwinter before Islam and Christianity, and will remain midwinter until the world ends or P.G.I hit a deadline on time and without bugs.

You know, i won't disagree that they have a (strong) tendency to not be able to hold dates and all. or that we have been waiting for quite some time for CW
And i KNOW the forums will explode if we don't get at least SOME sort of CW feature this year. They will likely explode to a degree no matter what happens because lots of people will likely not be satisfied even if we get it.
But that we have to get something this year we can all agree on.

But as far as autumn/fall goes you aren't entirely correct. Depending on where you live and what calendar you use and all that varies a lot. For many fall is september, october and november for example (most metereologists as well i believe).
After that comes winter with december/january/february.
And the official start of winter is december 21/22. What you called Winter solstice. That is the shortest day of the year and officially considered the first day of winter.
And since winter starts in late december, many consider fall to go until then. I know spring starts on march 21 for me as well.
So many consider fall to go from september 21 to december 21.

Or to make that long winded thing short: many WOULD consider autumn to go until december 21.
So i will wait until then and give them that time. If they can't hold THAT date as well,........

Edited by Hallbor, 26 May 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#109 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostHallbor, on 26 May 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

You know, i won't disagree that they have a (strong) tendency to not be able to hold dates and all. or that we have been waiting for quite some time for CW
And i KNOW the forums will explode if we don't get at least SOME sort of CW feature this year. They will likely explode to a degree no matter what happens because lots of people will likely not be satisfied even if we get it.
But that we have to get something this year we can all agree on.

But as far as autumn/fall goes you aren't entirely correct. Depending on where you live and what calendar you use and all that varies a lot. For many fall is september, october and november for example (most metereologists as well i believe).
After that comes winter with december/january/february.
And the official start of winter is december 21/22. What you called Winter solstice. That is the shortest day of the year and officially considered the first day of winter.
And since winter starts in late december, many consider fall to go until then. I know spring starts on march 21 for me as well.
So many consider fall to go from september 21 to december 21.

Or to make that long winded thing short: many WOULD consider autumn to go until december 21.
So i will wait until then and give them that time. If they can't hold THAT date as well,........

I'll only say that the winter solstice's other name is midwinter I guess its called that for a reason.

I certainly won't be one of the people exploding in rage if there isn't CW come October, but if its not here, when the callendar turns November I'm outta here.

#110 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 440 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

So you *ked up again on a main match-item that should have been there when we went off Beta.
I just find this imcompetent from game studio and were still have to make do with the redicilous PUG-games.

Sry for he strong words, but i'm dissapointed.

#111 Metalcell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 104 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

Its looks like the 3/3/3/3 MM is in the same place as CW, in limbo!

#112 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:42 PM

What about collisions and destruction.... oh yeah that's right "lost-tech" stuff I had in games a kind back in 2000 is too hard to put in. Same goes with LAN, OFFLINE MODES (Single Player), Map creators, I have a dream but I'm not going to waste my time sharing it to people who wont think of more than the millisecond when they read it.

I'm invested close to $1000 into the game and if the servers one day shut off well I have nothing to show for it. That is what scares me the most. It's why I push for a single player of the game.

Edited by Imperius, 26 May 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#113 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

Honestly are we really surprised by pgi here guys? He just admitted they would have had to change the code for cw years ago...which they are just doing now which tells me they still haven't done a thing with cw. Why are we still giving these clowns money? Is this ip really worth funding anymore in anyway? I'm beginning to think not.

In fact where do I go for getting a refund for the clan packages? I rather do that now before they are released because at this point the clans are going to be so broken to not be worth playing with anyways and dont care for the IS mechs never have I always preferred the clans, but if they cant do the clans right or any kind of balancing a rookie should have a chance of being able to pull off...why should I even keep playing this?

View PostImperius, on 26 May 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

What about collisions and destruction.... oh yeah that's right "lost-tech" stuff I had in games a kind back in 2000 is too hard to put in. Same goes with LAN, OFFLINE MODES (Single Player), Map creators, I have a dream but I'm not going to waste my time sharing it to people who wont think of more than the millisecond when they read it.

I'm invested close to $1000 into the game and if the servers one day shut off well I have nothing to show for it. That is what scares me the most. It's why I push for a single player of the game.

Dude I agree with ya and in the same boat, but at this point I rather take the loss, we will never get any real money value out of this game, there will never be a story mode ever with this franchise as long as pgi's name is on it. I guess you can say we were fools to let ourselves think these guys who have never made a good game in their careers could do this justice.

#114 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostImperius, on 26 May 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:

I'm invested close to $1000 into the game and if the servers one day shut off well I have nothing to show for it.

What the... I don't even..
Please don't get me wrong on this, but these raw amounts of cash people have dumped into the <unfinished> game are probably the reason PGI felt/feels justified in what they're doing.
The reason they keep developing THEIR vision of a mechwarrior game, discarding and disregarding so much player input and concerns.
The worst part is that it will certainly not continue like this. I mean, ok I might be wrong, but it's very unlikely that someone who has spent 1000$ the first year is going to spend another grand the next year. Or am I completely mistaken?
I see a lot of initial purchases and one-time purchases. But I just don't see this keeping up for long. BT fans don't grow back as fast as they've been leaving.
Is this really going to function without the whole BT community as a backbone? Will it really work with mostly casual gamers and the FPS crowd as sponsors?
I guess I'm starting to see what PGI is trying to do here with esports and all that shizzle. But why this game? Why a BT product? This could've worked and it can still work with a more ambitious and forward-looking approach.

#115 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 26 May 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Honestly are we really surprised by pgi here guys? He just admitted they would have had to change the code for cw years ago...which they are just doing now which tells me they still haven't done a thing with cw. Why are we still giving these clowns money? Is this ip really worth funding anymore in anyway? I'm beginning to think not.

In fact where do I go for getting a refund for the clan packages? I rather do that now before they are released because at this point the clans are going to be so broken to not be worth playing with anyways and dont care for the IS mechs never have I always preferred the clans, but if they cant do the clans right or any kind of balancing a rookie should have a chance of being able to pull off...why should I even keep playing this?

Dude I agree with ya and in the same boat, but at this point I rather take the loss, we will never get any real money value out of this game, there will never be a story mode ever with this franchise as long as pgi's name is on it. I guess you can say we were fools to let ourselves think these guys who have never made a good game in their careers could do this justice.

Darthbane invested a $1000 into this game? Where is your founders badge? Where is the Phoenix badge when you write?
You have none of these. You lie.

Poser.

#116 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 26 May 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Because there is naturally absolutely no other way to put money into the game, of course.

#117 Commander Kobold

• The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

my guess is that the match maker *tries* to balance the weight classes (I.e heavy light ect) and by choosing one of the harder to find weight classes (on with fewer number of players piloting them say a medium) the match maker is more likely to throw you into a match faster since your weight class is in higher demand.

#118 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:44 PM

View PostCarbon Guardian, on 22 May 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

PGI listens way too much to this community. They need to let the community complain without being heard at all, until they make real progress on what they feel are the top priorities in this game. The problem from the start was open beta they let people unfamiliar with the development process of a game see the development process of this game. The community couldn't handle it, and PGI tried to please us. Rewriting code happens all the time in every game especially in F2P games, guys are just shocked cause PGI is being open about it.

I don't see a problem with them knowing that MM had to be rewritten for CW. They needed a match maker, or community would complain that they can't play the game.

....It's white knight morons like yourself that really make pgi look even worse.

#119 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:50 PM

View PostGorgo7, on 26 May 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Darthbane invested a $1000 into this game? Where is your founders badge? Where is the Phoenix badge when you write?

Poser.

I didn't say I specifically spent a thousand bucks idiot, that I have spent quite a bit as well, I have bought several mechs then decided they didn't play right so would sell them then buy something else, sell it yada yadda, I bought into the clans so I dont know the exact amount I have spent but it's several hundred dollars. More than any other game I have spent, I have spent more on this than any console.

View PostShar Wolf, on 26 May 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

Because there is naturally absolutely no other way to put money into the game, of course.

Thank you for clearing that up. I did not put money into those but have bought and sold a lot of mechs and with the clans which add 240 it's a pretty high number that I have spent on this maybe not like an uber whale would spend but I could. I wont ever give money to this company again though. Ever.

#120 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostMerchant, on 26 May 2014 - 05:34 AM, said:

Possibly. Still, no matter what time I go on, that is what I get, always Lights and Mediums recommended. Found it hysterical yesterday, had 3 matches in a row where it recommended Lights, took an Assault and had 5+ Lights every time just on my team.

Maps, I would rather they wait until other features are in. Some things have taken too long.

Content is highly subjective, which is why PGI is floundering so much trying to make people happy. Every time they implement something that makes one group happy, it irks every other group that thinks it's a waste of time. Many are calling for more maps, yet you don't want them. Many are calling for more mechs, yet people complain all the time about "more maps, less mechs".

Also, without 3/3/3/3 working, the queue indicator doesn't actually mean anything, but it is a psychological thing regardless. If people see Lights and Mediums constantly in the recommended section, they are more likely to use them, even if they don't realize it.

Regardless, I still drop with Assaults primarily, and Heavies after that, just because that is what I prefer. I'll deal with a longer queue time to play what I want.

View PostRoadbeer, on 26 May 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

You mean like all those people who wanted "Skirmish" mode until their first match where they spent 7 minutes hunting a powered down spider, only to have the match end in a tie? (in the only game I know of on the planet where a tie is worse than a loss)

Skirmish is my favorite game mode, and I immensely enjoy legging lights just to avoid your scenario.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users