#21 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

View Postfocuspark, on 26 May 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

Ahh math... that magical elixir of facts.

(That and people don't seriously think an MG fires exactly 1 bullet in 10 seconds even in tabletop, right?. I mean, really? Why would any other weapon ever be used if that were true and you could then actually hold the trigger...a concept which by that interpretation is completely lost on these pilots who trained for their entire lives to run one of these...whose lives are completely on the line... Somehow it just doesn't click...)

Though I will say for at the time of MWO's MG doing 4 damage per 10 seconds [the 1:1 of TT to MWO] scale, 2,000 bullets would only be 20 boxes, not 200 boxes of ammunition. So we don't have enough ammunition per ton.

The reload time is missing too. If the autoloader takes say 2 seconds to change boxes of ammunition, then effectively a 1:1 scale damage scale at 10 bullets per second is 0.05 damage per shot, but you'd hit the 4 damage in 8 seconds and spend 2 seconds changing crates of ammunition.

Compared to now with the 10 damage in 10 second period, you'd hit 10 damage in 8 seconds at 0.125 damage per bullet (instead of 0.1 damage per bullet), but again hit that 2 second 'reload' period where you can't use the weapon after firing 100 bullets. Of course the 100 bullets is an MWO limit in the first place, there's MGs that pack between 250 to 5,000 rounds per box, which are more appropriate to the 20mm standard size of BT MGs.

(Bit more on the MG)
Spoiler

Also remember that part of the tonnage is individual protection for the weapon system (it has enough protection to constitute '10 points' of health, in MWO armor that's 31.5% of 1 ton right there, then there's the mounts, any attached plating, and an auto loading system that can feed the ammunition from (apparently anywhere) within the mech. So it's certainly not a Gau 8 as many say (though the 30mm diameter of its shots are fitting with the smallest AC/2's round diameter).

How much 'crit health' does an MG have in TT anyway? Anyone know?

Edited by Koniving, 26 May 2014 - 09:30 AM.

#22 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostKoniving, on 26 May 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

How much 'crit health' does an MG have in TT anyway? Anyone know?

If memory serves, all items had exactly one health. Basically, any time a section was damaged beyond its armor a roll was made to see which component was destroyed. 'Empty' criticals were considered roll-again, so basically something was getting destroyed. If any critical of a component was destroyed, the entire component was considered destroyed (with the exception of Gyro and Engine). MG were small (only a single critical) thus they were highly resilient in "packs".

#23 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

View Postfocuspark, on 26 May 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

If memory serves, all items had exactly one health. Basically, any time a section was damaged beyond its armor a roll was made to see which component was destroyed.

Almost all our balancing issues would be gone with just that one rule changed back, then. Dink. Damage. BOOM went the ammo!

#24 Creovex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostMawai, on 26 May 2014 - 05:02 AM, said:

Just one clarification to this post since it is generally a good suggestion. They recently changed jump jets so that you need to have most if not all of them to effectively jump. I built an ember with 3 of 6 jump jets and it was enough to get up steeper hills or to make faster turns by jumping but it was not enough to really get off the ground. The full complement of 6 was enough to actually jump over terrain. It used to be that a single jump jet would provide most of the desired functionality but it doesn't work that way any more in my experience.

The best approach is to try it for yourself ... vary the build and number of jump jets. The most expensive single purchase will be the XL engines (they cost more than the light mechs) ... and you will want to transfer them between the mechs rather than having multiples (unless you have lots of cbills).

I must have missed the change. Then again I use my jump jets for terrain hopping and soft landings.... anyone have a link to the change note on this?

#25 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostCreovex, on 25 May 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

For the Founder Jenner I recommend the following for some fun.
-Put an XL300 on it (small to medium mechs can use XLs better as it is harder to pinpoint the torso sections on them... thus most hits are legs or general torso hits)

Good luck and good hunting!

Please don't buy a XL300.. See my thread http://mwomercs.com/...mech-for-xl300/

Instead save a little extra, and buy a mech that has the engine you want to try.. this way, you get the engine, and get to try another mech, and save yourself a lotta money.

See this site, for a list of all engines, mechs, loadouts and costs..

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

as a new player sometimes you just wan't to try something else.. and if you need a certain engine for a mech, this is a great way to try something new.

good luck!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users