#401 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostDavers, on 22 May 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

It was never going to be in the player's hands where they attacked and there were going to be planets that were unassailable as well.

Which takes all the actual meaning out of pushing the borders around - especially as in the plan they showed in that one video I keep losing - we do not even have access to the planets with any of the factories.

And people wonder why I do not stress over CW being pushed back time and time again....

View PostMizeur, on 22 May 2014 - 08:11 PM, said:

ComStar can always stage an interdiction. Nerf a winning faction until they stop.

Potentially yes - but once again, that can either take all the actual meaning out of it - or be circumvented.
IE: the attacking faction loses access to the map.... they drop in an alt account in another faction.... drop into a 3rd party communication program.... ComStar circumvention circumvented.

#402 Mitzli Softpaw

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostForte, on 23 May 2014 - 10:59 AM, said:

Not to mention the Reddit format is better for a AMA than the MWO forums.

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 May 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

We have attempted similar events in the past on the forums. Unfortunately, the nature of forum style discussion boards do not lend themselves as well to this style of event as reddits design does. Much work was needed to carry out the old Ask The Dev format and it became burdensome for player, moderator and dev alike. We feel this could be an experiment at seeing if Reddits design can make for a better experience for all.

As mentioned in the original post, all questions and answers will be re-posted here.

Yes, he mentioned that same thing on the first page. =)

#403 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOutreach - Shopping of course!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

I missed the Reddit thing so have to put my comment here.

Nikolai, if new maps and things are being held up because the art department was focused on Clan content then surely expanding the art department would be a sensible idea. I have no idea how many is on that team but I'm guessing at 3-5.

There are several talented texture artists/modelers right here in the MWO community, I can name two of the top of my head. Wouldn't it be a good idea to run some sort of invitational to the community for creating their choice of assets be it 'Mechs, vehicles, buildings or environments the best being included into MWO with the possibility of either contractual commission or employment in the art department?

I mean, why waste good talent already in the community who have a love for BattleTech to the point that they create it in their spare time and for fun?

#404 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

Holy crap. Nice job Niko. Normally we have to wait for a player to put this stuff up here. Really appreciate you taking the time to wrap us into the loop on this event and the results of it.

Seriously, well done, appreciate all the responses on here and your involvement. Keep this up and I bet you could do this for a living :P

#405 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

• Nova:
o Prime
o B - 1xUAC5, 1xLPL, 1xERSL, 2xMG
o S - 6xMPL, 4xMG

A med with 4 ballistic hardpoints. I didn't realize there was a mini jag in the mix.

#406 Sharknoms

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 129 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 23 May 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

Which takes all the actual meaning out of pushing the borders around - especially as in the plan they showed in that one video I keep losing - we do not even have access to the planets with any of the factories.

What do you expect?
Conquering a planet setting up factories and gather rescources? Establishing a player run economy?
Probably with a standing defense force right?
This isn't EvE Online you know.

#407 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostIguana Iguana, on 23 May 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

NO.

REALLY?

Never would have guessed this was not a game that handed all power over to the goons the moment they walked in the door. :P

As for what I expect - I do not know.
I do know that meaningful community warfare was discussed for months on my server when I was playing WoW, and no one had a solution to making it mean anything without potentially screwing a lot of players.

#408 Sharknoms

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 129 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 23 May 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

NO.

REALLY?

Never would have guessed this was not a game that handed all power over to the goons the moment they walked in the door. :P

As expected lol =P

On a side note: Shooting Goons is fun =D

#409 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

I'm sorry if I'm missing something, really, but can someone (Niko, perhaps) clarify this?

As I understand it, Russ's reply to questions of game balance essentially amounted to "If you don't like it, go play Private Matches".

Is that correct?

I know, I know. I'm never going to get an answer to this.

I can dream, right?

Edited by Harathan, 23 May 2014 - 12:19 PM.

#410 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostHeffay, on 23 May 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

Is it reality, or a bet you're making?

Oh geez, thats all the spinning you're capable of? You should take some crash course at the Goons headquarter.

View PostIguana Iguana, on 23 May 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

What do you expect?
Conquering a planet setting up factories and gather rescources? Establishing a player run economy?
Probably with a standing defense force right?

Well, I would expect that from a good game.

Is this Eve Online? No!

THIS

IS

MEDIOCRITY!

Edited by John Norad, 23 May 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#411 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:25 PM

<unintended double post>

Edited by John Norad, 23 May 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#412 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 23 May 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

On the contrary we intend to continue creating an IS Mech for each month throughout the duration of the Clan Release and onwards. More Clan Mechs may be considered as we wrap up turning the Collection mechs into standard store items, twice a month until November.

I am not going to beat up on you, Niko. However, everyone has to admit it looks really bad to hear from someone that something is going to be out in 90 days many times and it has not even been worked on. Not to mention all the secrecy surrounding every aspect of the game. Why the secrecy? What trade secrets are going to lost by divulging to the player-base the status of certain things (i.e. CW, IS mech release schedule, etc.)? The secrecy just wreaks of a kid who broke an expensive vase and hid it under their bed to avoid punishment. Why all the secrecy? That is the biggest question everyone wants to know in all honesty. All assets have been put on the clan release... what were the assets doing before the clan release since we have no new game modes, no new maps, and CW has not even been started? How is Russ going to relocate assets in June to new maps and CW? Both are needed and both seem to suck up a ton of resources all the while he intends to push out more IS mechs there is no schedule for them and no names of what is going to be released. At least give some names and dates of IS mechs so people can prepare to grind for the mechs they want to buy instead of wasting cbills on mechs just to attempt to keep the game fresh for them to play.

I have been playing this game since Nov. 2012 and the grind is getting pretty monotonous. I can only imagine how bad it is for the founders of the game. Really the only thing keeping me playing is the friends in my group and I have not started looking for another game. With the revelation that CW has not even been started makes my desire to find another game to play even greater.

Edited by IceCase88, 23 May 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#413 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

View PostHarathan, on 23 May 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

I'm sorry if I'm missing something, really, but can someone (Niko, perhaps) clarify this?

As I understand it, Russ's reply to questions of game balance essentially amounted to "If you don't like it, go play Private Matches".

Is that correct?

I know, I know. I'm never going to get an answer to this.

I can dream, right?

Yes, go play those private matches if you want to play the way you want. Oh, but you have to pay for that ability.

#414 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostBongfu, on 23 May 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

Yes, go play those private matches if you want to play the way you want. Oh, but you have to pay for that ability.

That *is* how it reads, right? I'm not the only one who took it that way? So to play the game with anything approaching sensible balance, we have to do it privately, and we have to pay for it.

I really want to be wrong about this.

#415 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostHarathan, on 23 May 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

That *is* how it reads, right? I'm not the only one who took it that way? So to play the game with anything approaching sensible balance, we have to do it privately, and we have to pay for it.

I really want to be wrong about this.

I wish you were wrong, amigo.

#416 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

In a nutshell, all this blather to just repeat the same tired load of horse manure:

"Anything we can sell you via some type of currency:" Details aplenty

:"Broken or unreleased game features?" Soon. working on it, can't say. optimistic, soon, soon, and oh yeah new mechs to buy incoming.

Nothing much to see here.

#417 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

Another gem from reddit that our very own El General Community Manager helped create.

I guess he is implying that PGI's policy is to laugh at our feedback rather try to develop a game we are paying for to be developed.

Explains a lot really.

Posted Image

Edited by Bongfu, 23 May 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#418 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:57 PM

Well there goes any respect I had for Niko.

If listening to users would lead to the game being such a mess... why is it such a mess now, when you haven't listened to us thus far?

#419 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:00 PM

View PostBongfu, on 23 May 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

Another gem from reddit that our very own El General Community Manager helped create.

I guess he is implying that PGI's policy is to laugh at our feedback rather try to develop a game we are paying for to be developed.

Explains a lot really.

Posted Image
Niko? I... what...?

#420 Dymlos2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 23 May 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

Niko? I... what...?

What? I would do the same? Some of the ideas these people throw out are just ridiculous. Don't try to act all high and mighty. I'm sure you do it to, actually you guys do it all the time with PGI.

Then again /mwo is a cess pool of haters drowning in their hate and will never see any reason.

Edited by Dymlos2003, 23 May 2014 - 02:17 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users