#61 Magos Titanicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSagittarius A

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

A few questions:

- (when) will there be more content or is this game intended to be a Counter-Strike Like game?
- what about a map-release-schedule? Let's say every third month?
- what about contributer rewards? People who buy MCs should get a (freemium-time) reward on top. It costs you nothing!
- what will clanwars look like? (will there be a galaxy to conquer or is it intended to play random maps all the time?)

just a few thoughts of a contributer who really likes the game

Edited by Magos Titanicus, 22 May 2014 - 05:03 AM.

#62 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:52 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 May 2014 - 09:13 PM, said:

That said, the MWOMercs forum remains the hub of the Community,

Dude, now I have to clean the cornflakes out of my keyboard...

Edited by Appogee, 21 May 2014 - 10:52 PM.

#63 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

A while ago, it was mentioned that we will at some point be able to gift mechs to our friends.

When, if ever, is this likely to happen?

I can see so may advantages to this, that would help units keep their members motivated and playing. If they are playing they will ultimately spend real money. Ie If I were to offer a prize of a mech (or other cockpit items, paint etc) it would likely lead to the purchase of 2 more mechs needed to master it up, either via Cbills or MC. It's a win for everyone. It would still be useful even if there was a small MC cost involved (<100)

#64 zhujiK

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:39 PM

View PostStormwolf, on 21 May 2014 - 09:53 PM, said:

Why don't you guys go to /mwo? it has 4 times the population of HPG, you'll reach more people that way.

r/mwo has become the ****iest subreddit there is. Its full of jobless neckbeards who are in constant rage about every mistake of pgi. I don't agree with everything PGI does either, but the way it is represented on this subreddit just lets me want to vomit.

#65 JudgeDeathCZ

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:40 PM

I guess it is so hard to make this on your OWN forums...*sigh*

#66 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:42 PM

View PostIceCase88, on 21 May 2014 - 09:50 PM, said:

Why do I have to signup for reddit or twitter to get info? It is clear the forums are not the hub of info. I do not want reddit, twitter, facebook, etc., etc...........

After that needless and heartless combi-breaker just be glad you are still allowed on the internet.

Also learn to read: first post makes it clear you can experience the whole thing without leaving the sacred ground/womb like hugbox of the forums.

#67 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

Oh Niko, im not sure if you are aware of it but on reddit you can downvote posts to make them hidden. Unless that feature can get turned off in Russ's thread, i think what you will see is a lot of people spamming downvotes to hide most posts to sabotage the Q&A session. You might want to take that into account.

Here's my question if anyone wants to post it during the Q&A :

Given that the recent tournament has showed that high level competitive play consists soley of PPC/ballistic boating (mostly with JJs) and hiding in a corner of the map waiting for the other team to get bored and attack first, will PGI be re-evaluating it's statement that weapons are mostly balanced at the moment? Given that if weapons were mostly balanced, we would be seeing a variety of weapons and mechs used (and not the same two or three repeated) in the tournament, which is not true currently.

#68 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:20 AM

View PostRaggedyman, on 21 May 2014 - 11:42 PM, said:

After that needless and heartless combi-breaker just be glad you are still allowed on the internet.

Also learn to read: first post makes it clear you can experience the whole thing without leaving the sacred ground/womb like hugbox of the forums.

I can read and I cannot experience the whole thing on the forum. I have to wait for a recap. So essentially, if they start picking crazy glue sniffers to ask questions that does not make it a productive event. Sure I can field questions on the forums and hope they pick them but it still does not mean I can experience the whole thing. It is funny how they cannot rely on their own medium to convey their message or answer questions.
Not to mention the fact that this kind of thing would be entirely unnecessary if they communicated more and would give regular updates of what the issues are and the schedule moving forward. Also, what their grand vision is now as opposed to what they told us last year. The should take a page from Chris Roberts and Star Citizen. I will give them credit for putting Niko out in front more. He is providing excellent information and his communications are well written, clear, and concise.

I choose not to be bothered with more intrusion into my life than I already experience. Which is why I choose not to subscribe to things like facebook, reddit, twitter, and instagram. Just what I need, more junk mail and other useless crap as well as several more sites for personal information to be on. No thank you. I prefer to live by the KISS method. Keep It Simple Stupid. You choose to use those mediums more power to you. You are so hip.

Edited by IceCase88, 22 May 2014 - 12:57 AM.

#69 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 21 May 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

Gentlemen, I welcome you all to Outreach. Ballsy move, especially after the missile bug; I like it. Shame I'll be moderating instead of asking questions.

On that note, I ask that everyone act like adults and be civil. I will not hesitate to moderate questions that contain name-calling or snide potshots. Grill them all you want, but don't be a **** about it.

You can't do both? You usually have some good insight into problems and potential solutions. Or are you just anticipating that cleaning up all of Victor Morson's "Fire Paul!" posts is going to be time consuming?

#70 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 21 May 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

Oh Niko, im not sure if you are aware of it but on reddit you can downvote posts to make them hidden. Unless that feature can get turned off in Russ's thread, i think what you will see is a lot of people spamming downvotes to hide most posts to sabotage the Q&A session. You might want to take that into account.

Here's my question if anyone wants to post it during the Q&A :

Given that the recent tournament has showed that high level competitive play consists soley of PPC/ballistic boating (mostly with JJs) and hiding in a corner of the map waiting for the other team to get bored and attack first, will PGI be re-evaluating it's statement that weapons are mostly balanced at the moment? Given that if weapons were mostly balanced, we would be seeing a variety of weapons and mechs used (and not the same two or three repeated) in the tournament, which is not true currently.

Questions get downvoted if people deem them as "stupid", "trolling" or "unimportant". Your question itself is not remotely reflecting the truth about the tournament. I am fairly sure that Medium Lasers had the biggest presence at tournament. :ph34r:

#71 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:33 AM

Question time:

Can we please have the additional variants of the Clan mech packages to be released alongside the Prime variants?

Can you please explain warhorns, the "bonus module", and targeting computer?

Can we have the King Crab now? Perfectly suited to matching the Daishi on the battlefield with a matching pair of dual arm-mounted ballistic, similar speed, range, armor, loadout, and firepower. Alex has already sketched an amazing King Crab!

I'll be at work in the Emergency Room during the AMA, so if someone wants to ensure these important questions get asked, that would be swell.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 22 May 2014 - 12:37 AM.

#72 Siriothrax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 134 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:37 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 21 May 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

Given that the recent tournament has showed that high level competitive play consists soley of PPC/ballistic boating (mostly with JJs) and hiding in a corner of the map waiting for the other team to get bored and attack first

*cough*

Guess we're just not high level. :ph34r: Oh well, we'll get there some day.

#73 ShoeButton

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationSpring, Texas

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:49 AM

Thank You for giving us the chance to ask questions...

I only have a few:

1) Will the Clan Omni Mechs ever be truly Omni?
2) Where is my Mad Dog? (Respectfully)
3) Where is my Hellbringer? (Respectfully)

And if it isn't too much trouble I'd really like to have a Shodow Cat... :ph34r:

Love the Game, Mostly!

Best Regards,
-ShoeButton

#74 Problem Child

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:51 AM

MWO was originally advertised as being based around 4 pillars: mech warfare, community warfare, information warfare, and role warfare.
We arguably have mech warfare, even if it is essentially team deathmatch on a handful of undersized maps.
We have been consistently promised community warfare, and a few sketchy details have been discussed about it.
Information warfare basically boils down to the presence or absence of ECM; and there is no noticeable role warfare.

So here's my question: what plans are there for making the latter two pillars into a meaningful part of the game, and when will we see progress being made towards fulfilling those plans?

#75 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:00 AM

I'll be at work during the AMA (stupid time zones), but would really appreciate an answer to this question ...

What do you have planned to improve the new user experience?

Background: I have several real-life friends (distinct from my internet-friends, who I play with regularly) that I would love to invite into the game, but without a meaningful, educational new-user experience, I cannot ask them in good faith to join up because (stupid time zones) I cannot be there to help them learn the complicated game mechanics. The movement tutorial was a huge step in the right direction, but there needs to be more. Basic combat ... assigning weapon groups, targeting a 'mech, managing your heat, min-max ranges and damage drop-off for the various weapon systems, gauss charge mechanic. Navigating U.I. 2.0 ... how to find useful information about 'mechs you're going to purchase (hint: it's not in the store, where you actually buy a 'mech, which is silly), how to find useful information about all the weapons, equipment, etc., how to configure a 'mech, how to upgrade your skills, etc.

If you can find some way to make it easy for new users to find enough information to make new players a little bit dangerous, I'll (figuratively) shout from the mountaintops about what a great game you guys are producing, and do my best to increase your player base. (OBTW - all my IRL friends have disposable income and love good, immersive video games.)

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 22 May 2014 - 01:02 AM.

#76 N0MAD

• 1,757 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:05 AM

Nikolai Lubkiewicz'
Greetings MechWarriors,
I will also be making an appearance to help answer those specific questions which have otherwise already been recently addressed by our team so that Russ may focus his efforts on the big and the new ones.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People already saying +1 for communications, why?
It will be 2 hours of, soon, on the drawing board, considering it, working hard on it, its in design, we will have the Cbill version tomorow, it was our position at the time, and Niko saving him from relavent questions as he has already told us above.

I have a Question for Russ if some one can ask politely... When is he stepping down...

Edited by N0MAD, 22 May 2014 - 01:10 AM.

#77 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:57 AM

Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants. Ask about Clan mech variants.
Pweeeaaasssee :ph34r:

#78 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:06 AM

View PostEglar, on 22 May 2014 - 12:27 AM, said:

Questions get downvoted if people deem them as "stupid", "trolling" or "unimportant". Your question itself is not remotely reflecting the truth about the tournament. I am fairly sure that Medium Lasers had the biggest presence at tournament. :ph34r:

Maybe its just the lower tier teams using them then? I know someone whos in the tournament and he keeps mentioning that matches are either mass PPC/AC poptarts or jagermech ballistic boats. One he watched had like 10 jagermech ballistic boats, and in one match both him and the enemy team just camped and refused to engage till the enemy team rushed them at the last second to avoid a draw and his team won because they got a kill at the last second or something.

I seriously doubt any successful teams are boating lasers or missles, especially SRMs/streaks. Maybe a few med lasers as backup weapons or on lights. I doubt anyone here believes the final winner will be a team of HBK-4Ps boating lasers.

Its an unfortunate fact of reddit that they dont use the downvote option correctly. On some other older reddits they had to implement huge notices telling people not to downvote posts just because you dont agree, and to instead engage in constructive discussion over points raised. I think its really childish when you have someone trying to discuss an issue and people start spamming downvotes because they go "its a topic i dont like!!! SAGE SAGE SAGE!!!!".

Edited by Jun Watarase, 22 May 2014 - 02:13 AM.

#79 Goosfraba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:12 AM

Dear Friends:

I understand you are under pressure, you have this one vision, and you might be going slightly mad, but I want it all.

Edited by Goosfraba, 22 May 2014 - 02:13 AM.

#80 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:17 AM

View PostHomeless Bill, on 21 May 2014 - 10:38 PM, said:

Gentlemen, I welcome you all to Outreach. Ballsy move, especially after the missile bug; I like it. Shame I'll be moderating instead of asking questions.

On that note, I ask that everyone act like adults and be civil. I will not hesitate to moderate questions that contain name-calling or snide potshots. Grill them all you want, but don't be a **** about it.

Ballsy move to announce it here and on /r/mwo.

You better be prepared for a multitude of Victor Morsons.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users