#301 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

I'm hearing "Pay Premium to Hide form Teh L337z" instead of "High Elos will be drawn off to Lobbies, just as Skirmish has done."

B)

#302 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 May 2014 - 04:56 PM, said:

Dude.

Really?

Yes - there is going to be IS vs IS.

However - since everyone has been asking whether there is going to be mixed matching (IE IS and Clan on the same side) they came out with that statement.

You would only have known that for sure if you were following me on Twitter after I lost my **** about that comment.
https://twitter.com/...641866439172097

#303 Tekadept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 22 May 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

Did Russ not contradict what was said about the movement archetype stuff back when it was added? It was said something along the lines of "we built the maps in mind for it".

Lemme go look for it.

Edit: Can't find it, but that was the original thread about the archetype behavior:
http://mwomercs.com/...ement-behavior/

Edit #2: It's probably written in some AtD somewhere.

Yeh it was around somewhere.. But That was just his postitution at the time..

#304 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 22 May 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

B) it got answered? ;)

It did color me surprised, here is the answer. Props to Russ for tackling it, even if I'm skeptical of the answers because of the amount of lost faith and the reasons for that loss at this point, But while there nothing I'll hang my hat of if they can SHOW ME results along these lines, then it'll be the first step to cutting into the rampant disillusionment.

That said N.O.P.E. is still in effect for me at least.

Russ Bullock" said:

• Yes - CW the remaining pillar missing the other pillars needs more improvements.
  • Its a quality base but needs lots of refining and that work begins after clan release
  • MM - I am going to post a large update on the subject before I finish here tonight look for that please.
  • I never did believe that they werent our core audience. I have had some fun with that island comment over the months but what I really was saying is that there are many factions of beliefs on how MW should play in the community and the faction that I was referring to at the time wasnt even the largest one, many and perhaps a larger group wanted the sort of balance that we were providing. My apologies again to anyone that feels slighted by that. Let's start over, I want to hear from you the BT fan and I will listen carefully and weight it along with all the other players feedback.

Edited by Agent of Change, 22 May 2014 - 05:18 PM.

#305 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:14 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 22 May 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

You would only have known that for sure if you were following me on Twitter after I lost my **** about that comment.
https://twitter.com/...641866439172097

It was his position 15 minutes ago.

I'm personally having a hard time imagining House vs House and House vs Clans when the latter is hard to represent (if not correctly in the first place). Heck, the plan probably changed since the Clan launch was "accelerated" (aka, needed to start selling it before Christmas)... but then again no part of CW was implemented so there's no consequences in adding "more stuff" on the "empty plate".

Edited by Deathlike, 22 May 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#306 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 22 May 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

Did Russ not contradict what was said about the movement archetype stuff back when it was added? It was said something along the lines of "we built the maps in mind for it".

Lemme go look for it.

Edit: Can't find it, but that was the original thread about the archetype behavior:
http://mwomercs.com/...ement-behavior/

Edit #2: It's probably written in some AtD somewhere.

Interesting, I recall that moment and since then, I have seen Mechs climb areas supposed to be unreachable.

One obvious spot, the mountain in I9 on Alpine Peaks. I frequently see Lights going up there probably with JJ assistance.
I also know a trick for getting up some slopes my Mechs cannot climb head on and I do not even need the module!

So much for preventing some climbing. I am sure it partially worked but not as much as thought.

#307 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostAgent of Change, on 22 May 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

It did color me surprised, here is the answer. Props for tackling it if nothing else.

I some how think that SotMM post he spoke about is going to get pushed until after the Clans though. Gotta keep marketing happy with working on cashy money things and not waste their time on things that only produce good will.

Can't spend good will on server farms B)

#308 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

View PostAgent of Change, on 22 May 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

It did color me surprised, here is the answer. Props for tackling it if nothing else.

The copypasta font size is killing my vision, but as with a lot of things Russ says...

I'll believe it when I see it.

#309 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

So did they actually answer any questions from the forums like they said they would or was that more smoke and mirrors?

#310 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:20 PM

View PostMerchant, on 22 May 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

Just read this Question and Russ response.

Highlighted item cannot be found.
I was going to do a series of Map & Mode reviews with hopefully other members input. Got one ready to go, partial on 3 more and one held for when a Tournament Round finishes.
Will / Is there the topic Russ mentioned or should I just start my own somehwere?

I think he means this:

http://mwomercs.com/...ision-feedback/

#311 Agent of Change

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 22 May 2014 - 05:18 PM, said:

The copypasta font size is killing my vision, but as with a lot of things Russ says...

I'll believe it when I see it.

I fixed it and elaborated on my position

#312 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostAgent of Change, on 22 May 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

I fixed it and elaborated on my position

TBH, there's a difference between joking and letting it fester for a while.

Right now, a lot of what Russ says is hollow, including various apologies he has made (particularly the 3PV one). Russ should actually SAY WHAT YOU MEAN and DO WHAT YOU SAY. It's not that complicated.

Edited by Deathlike, 22 May 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#313 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 22 May 2014 - 05:19 PM, said:

So did they actually answer any questions from the forums like they said they would or was that more smoke and mirrors?

They answered quite a few questions. As for Clan vs IS they've said CW it'll be clan vs is, but I hope for regular matches they might do mixed teams.

EDIT: Put hope in a really bad place in the sentence.

Edited by Regulus1990, 22 May 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#314 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostRegulus1990, on 22 May 2014 - 05:25 PM, said:

I hope in CW it'll be clan vs is, but for regular matches they might do mixed teams.

It's comments like that that are ruining this game.

#315 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 22 May 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

Sorry I REALLY worded that wrong. They've come out and said CW will be IS vs Clan. (http://www.reddit.co...ovdm1?context=3) I'm hoping for some form of Mixed compared to none at all. Again I worded that badly and I'm sorry.

Edited by Regulus1990, 22 May 2014 - 05:33 PM.

#316 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:33 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 22 May 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

Well, for PUGing, it may be OK (matches of no consequence should stay that way). It matters if ANY sort of CW shows itself though...

#317 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

View PostCtrlAltWheee, on 22 May 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

If that is it, that is not what I need.
Thanks, seems I may have to start my own.

#318 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

No, what I'm saying is that if there is no House vs House CW, I'm going to completely loose my ****. I didn't sign on to fight some vat-grown bacon eating tryhards. I signed on to drag sack on those lederhosen wearing Steiners.

And Russ's retraction on Twitter about IS v IS better not be "Well, you can set up whatever kind of CW you want in the Premium Private Match system, so we didn't lie" like he did with 5-11 grouping.

#319 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostJohn Archer, on 22 May 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

Folks, listen to this man.

Ask legitimate questions. Keep them as simple as possible, not three question in one sentence.

Do not turn it into a ***** session. We have the forums here for that. ;)

Just because Russ gives you an actual answer (I hope like hell he does not answer like a U.S. politician!), it does not mean it is set in stone. Remember that.

Now you may be asking, 'How can you sit here and toss out advice regarding people you have never met?'.

Simple. I have been there. In a far smaller environment but one that was filled with smart, dedicated players. I used to admin several MUSH's.. (text base role playing). I have had to field questions by the players and know very well what it feels like to be in the 'hot seat'. It sucks. B)

So at the very least, be courteous and professional with your questions.

Have we met?
You're LateTo TheParty, right?

#320 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

Two things I really didn't like in these answers. First I hate the indignant tone Russ gives - acting as though "we" should be thankful they're here ponying up to develop this IP. Seriously? He even goes so far as to insinuate that the massive backlogs they suffered earlier in the development of the game were because they were trying to fulfill what the players wanted. So hey guys... They were just trying to make the game we want. It's all on us B) Sounds more like lack of focus and long-term planning to me.

Second issue. Russ goes into several different areas where he promises resources as soon as Clans are finished. And yet in the same breath, he promises that all resources are full-speed ahead for CW in the same breath. In the same set of answers. What's the real priority?

He also says his vision for the future of the game branches into PvE/single player... So get ready for that port to XBONE. We all know it's coming sooner or later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users