• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:17 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 May 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

I am not even talking about things like OB.

Consider this - what if the Davion players chose NOT to stop pushing into Liao territory during the 4th succession war?

It was never going to be in the player's hands where they attacked and there were going to be planets that were unassailable as well.

#342 Jakob Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:21 PM

Soooo....CW is going to be IS vrs Clan?

Since one of the parts of CW has been stated as a fluctuation in the availability and price of faction-specific mechs (i.e. gaining access to the mechs and equipment of the enemy defeated) based on the conquest or loss of worlds and the contracts of merc units to gain access to their employer's faction tech, would that mean that IS factions would obtain Clantech and Clan mechs by taking over Clan worlds, and vise versa the Clan who take over IS worlds? Since the IS powers will not be fighting each other but the Clans, how else could gaining or losing a Clan world benefit them in the stated way that CW is to work?

I won't even comment about the work on CW being put on hold for the Clans, which were not supposed to be introduced until after it was implemented (or not at all) in the first place. I think we're all used to this old song by now.

#343 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

Since they are trying to move away from organized groups CW is centered around whether you won the PUG lottery or not. Does that sound like fun? There is very little middle ground when it comes to PUGging. It is usually just the thrill of victory or the agony of defeat. Rare is it an even match... usually just stomps one way or the other... over and over and over and over again.

Edited by IceCase88, 22 May 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#344 Kaio-Kerensky x10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 331 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:53 PM

themittani.com has a summary of the AMA, if anyone's interested.

#345 Koniks

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 22 May 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

I am not even talking about things like OB.

Consider this - what if the Davion players chose NOT to stop pushing into Liao territory during the 4th succession war?

ComStar can always stage an interdiction. Nerf a winning faction until they stop.

#346 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:36 PM

Mint Frog made an awesome post:

How are players supposed to trust you when you say some elements of CW is coming shortly after the June 17th clan release when you said similar things just before the game launch last September? How do we know this isn't another fib to push a few more clan pack sales?
Edit: After reading it again, you're not even promising that. Simply stating that you're going to begin allocating resources in June. I apologize for attributing a level of focus and competence that is actually lacking.

#347 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

If anyone is interested in just reading the questions and answers I got them all here
http://hpg.clanhells...-on-reddit.104/

Bit of a PITA to get it formatted somewhat readable hence why I will not repost all of it (even with our forums and a 1000 character limit). Lots of text lots of well....go read if you wish to.

Edited by Dark DeLaurel, 22 May 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#348 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

After reading a lot of this. I End up with:

- We make Clan Mechs now.

-We don t realy care for fraction. Lio and Steiner are the same. That sounds for me like: Where is the difference between an US citizen and a Chinese? Sorry. But. CW? They have NO clue. When in a WW simulation China and the US would share weapons.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
They will not do it. POINT.

#349 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 22 May 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

You would only have known that for sure if you were following me on Twitter after I lost my **** about that comment.
https://twitter.com/...641866439172097

Seeing your second 'Tweet?' there, you know you can break 140 characters if you want.

#350 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

I'm rather surprised to see roadbeer talk that way with the devs and though I totally agree with it, but in the past he totally trolled against anyone not blindly supporting pgi. Glad to know he finally opened his eyes to their bs. Thats not to say I expect him to stop playing the game and try to get others to stop, just merely accepting that their mistakes are not just simple mistakes they are big ones that should never have happened.

CW is never going to happen guys they are just gonna keep making mechs and the extremely rare and poorly done map thats it. Sure Russ sais this game has contract for up to 2020....yeah it's not gonna last that long.

#351 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:24 PM

That's because you never really understood what I was doing in the first place.

#352 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:11 PM

A highly maneuverable urban combat configuration of the Timber Wolf, the S mounts five jump jets, allowing it to jump up to one hundred and fifty meters.

http://www.sarna.net...f_%28Mad_Cat%29

150 meter jump jets.

lol...

#353 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

Is it just my reading skills that are failing me or are the Clans launched without a single ECM mech variant?

#354 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

None have ECM.

Less chance clan mechs will be OP?

#355 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 22 May 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

None have ECM.

Less chance clan mechs will be OP?

Well, when we bolt down their engines, hardwire their heatsinks and internals structure slots, "balance" their weapons AND give them zero ECM the chance of seeing them as OP is slim... of course the chance of them being viable seems slim too but lets worry about that when they are released.

Tho now I see the logic in mixed drops for IS/Clans, players will still need IS mechs for ECM at least!

#356 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

View PostPyrrho, on 22 May 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

Question:
How financially viable and healthy is PGI and MWO?

Many on the forums believe that MWO is on the verge of shutting down and any money spent (Clan Pack) is going to be lost as the game shuts down.

Given the lack of visibility of number of players (no lobbies, no view of how many are playing except the other 23 you are with in a launch), lack of communication from PGI on the forums, lack of progress towards goals (e.g. Community Warfare, UI 2.0), untested game breaking bugs introduced in patches and being left for days/weeks (Missile bugs, Matchmaker), and sales that appear to be cash grabs and or compensation/diversion from the patch bugs; confirmation bias shows this to be a game and company on the verge of shutting down.

Convince me that the forums are wrong and PGI and MWO are healthy.

Answer:
Well this is nothing new, people have been predicting our demise since the initial announcement of MWO. I can also remind everyone that we recently received an extension on the license from MSFT that can take us through to the year 2020. I will also point to the fact that PGI is currently hiring and has grown as a studio by 25% in the past 6 months. We have been around for 14 years and I expect we will be around for many more years to come. I know I plan on making MechWarrior content for a long time yet. You may continue to show your confidence in PGI or the lack thereof with your heart and wallet.

Translation:
Pay us, or don't, we are going full steam ahead! (I like this answer a lot)

I dont like his answer. Because the question shows what the signs are. And these signs are not good.

#357 FallenFactol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTulsa

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

I think the perceived silence from PGI really magnified the communities anger and I think this did a good job bringing things back down to a civil level.

#358 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:58 PM

View PostSarlic, on 22 May 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

I dont like his answer. Because the question shows what the signs are. And these signs are not good.

Personaly I think the question shows a very narrow view. The forums, like in most games, is only populated by the most vocal people. I play with a bunch of people who never visits them yet somehow manage to play the game.

Beside the gamebreaking patches the diffrent topics affects diffrent sections of the community (i.e. No CW yet dont affect people who dont give a hoot about CW, pricing of Clan Packs dont affect people who are not die-hard Clan fans, poor communications dont affect people who dont bother with the forums and so on). Its not a roadmap to the game shutting down next week.

#359 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

So: all we can really expect for the next 6 months is a bunch of Clan chassis, and a fix to 3-3-3-3 (assuming they're capable).

They still haven't started work on coding CW, but they expect it will be launched by December.

Posted Image

#360 TuntematonSika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 122 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPig with an identity crisis.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:44 PM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 22 May 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:

150 meter jump jets.

lol...

Those are the old battletech specs, it will be most likely around 30 meters in this game.

Edited by TuntematonSika, 22 May 2014 - 11:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users