478 replies to this topic

#441 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

Some good answers, and some vague ones which aren't really very satisfying.

However.

Some real whining ballbags here, that need to get out more and realise there is more to life than BattleTech. Hearing some really butthurt people, that are sounding like their family dog just got ran over by Russ or something. When in actual fact, its just the fact that their idea of what they think MWO should be, is not the reality. So obviously what it currently looks like, MUST be wrong. Sure.

Some real drama queens that need to realise its just an old board game and video games that no one really gave a **** about for many years, before they bothered to make this game. Its a little bit sad to be honest how upset some people get over it. I appreciate there might be a lot of nostalgia around it, but no need to blow it out of proportion and start making out like its a religious text.

Just step away from the PC. Take a deep breath. Look for a window. Look out the window. Possibly see some people in the real world, walking around, with absolutely no ***** or awareness given about this make believe world or whether its 'canon' or not. Who knew?

And seriously, canon? Some dude makes it up for a board game years ago, and now some odd people are sacking out because some other dude didn't make an imaginary robot on this video game, that is exactly the same as the other dude said his imaginary robot was ten years ago. Grow up?

So Russ is actually right about one thing. Be thankful anyone even made a new MW game at all, whatever form it takes. As long as its not bad of course, which this game isn't. It needs work, and he admits that, but its still a decent game and fun to play.

#442 Kassatsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

View PostFade Akira, on 23 May 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

So Russ is actually right about one thing. Be thankful anyone even made a new MW game at all, whatever form it takes. As long as its not bad of course, which this game isn't. It needs work, and he admits that, but its still a decent game and fun to play.

You mean like a certain free modification that got a C&D because of this? Yeah, that mod was great.

#443 Theycallmetheworkingman

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

Niko, why would you go out of your way to act like a complete and utter child toward the people who are feeding you and paying your bills? What sense does that make?

What I suspect has happened is that you guys realized about 6 months in that none of you have the talent that is needed to pull this game off properly, so you're going to ride this mother into the ground with cash grabs and then up and suddenly shut down the servers without warning. That's the sort of bull crap move we can expect from you guys, because you guys don't have the integrity or decency as human beings to respond to your user base and the people who pay for your content in a transparent and friendly manner that any TRUE professional developer would. The way you guys operate, it really feels like there's a bunch of monkeys behind the wheel of a clown car.

Show some dignity. Show some maturity. Own up to your mistakes. Be a man and show some respect for the people who sit there patiently putting up with all of the blunders and blatant falsities that you guys spew out, yet still are nice enough to pay for your content because they believe in this IP.

That would be nice. Instead of ya know, making snarky childish remarks about them. It's like you guys don't even care. PROVE TO US YOU CARE. That's what we want. We want you to PROVE TO US THAT YOU CARE ABOUT THIS IP. Do you like your job? Or do you just consider it a painful 9-5 that you have to put up with until you can go home and climb into a bottle? Because that's the sort of attitude that we are getting from you.

I understand that it's not possible to make everyone happy. I do. I get that. It's not humanly possible to appease everyone because everyone wants to have it their way. But you know what? That hasn't stopped IP's from becoming completely legendary and successful due to amazing balancing acts by the developer i.e. blizzard and valve.

I want this game to be completely and totally successful. I want to come home from university everyday, after I'm done with my coursework, and just sink all of my time into this as if it's more addictive and powerful than a full blown heroin addiction.

I want this so much, yet everyday, when I see your attitudes and blatant flipping of the bird to the community, I have to ask why I'm still here, why I'm still hoping.

So here I am. Calling you out on your crap. Calling you out to act like a professional. Calling you out to act like a man and quit your childish antics. It's time to put up or shut up.

Edited by Theycallmetheworkingman, 23 May 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#444 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:44 PM

Posted Image

Someone lock this thread before someone has an aneurysm.

#445 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

Some good answers, and some vague ones which aren't really very satisfying.

However.

Some real whining ballbags here, that need to get out more and realise there is more to life than BattleTech. Hearing some really butthurt people, that are sounding like their family dog just got ran over by Russ or something. When in actual fact, its just the fact that their idea of what they think MWO should be, is not the reality. So obviously what it currently looks like, MUST be wrong. Sure.

Some real drama queens that need to realise its just an old board game and video games that no one really gave a **** about for many years, before they bothered to make this game. Its a little bit sad to be honest how upset some people get over it. I appreciate there might be a lot of nostalgia around it, but no need to blow it out of proportion and start making out like its a religious text.

Just step away from the PC. Take a deep breath. Look for a window. Look out the window. Possibly see some people in the real world, walking around, with absolutely no ***** or awareness given about this make believe world or whether its 'canon' or not. Who knew?

And seriously, canon? Some dude makes it up for a board game years ago, and now some odd people are sacking out because some other dude didn't make an imaginary robot on this video game, that is exactly the same as the other dude said his imaginary robot was ten years ago. Grow up?

Hardly anyone is upset about "canon" mechanics in the game. This is a fight against the monetizing every new feature that comes out. Mark my words, if Community Warfare ever hits it will be monetized in some asinine way.

So my advice to you is learn to read the feedback before offering feedback yourself.

By the way, Battletech is one of the oldest tabletop franchises out there. I am sure millions of players and the hundreds of books written in that setting means no one gave a **** about the universe. Please go play some other franchise no one actually cares about like Call of Duty before you spout your filth here again about Battletech.

#446 Theycallmetheworkingman

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:52 PM

Thank you for proving within your own post that you don't know jack **** about this universe, IP, or it's history. You've made it obvious that you are either a **** poor troll, or you're just completely ignorant. You sit there telling people to stop whining, yet you sit there and whine about them expressing their opinions. I suggest you take your own advice, realize that this is a somewhat obscure board that most of the userbase doesn't give two ****s about. Particularly your terribly misinformed and uneducated opinions. Look out a window, go outside. Realize that there is life other than making craptastic posts on a god forsaken board that only you care about. Get real. Grow up.

Edited by Theycallmetheworkingman, 23 May 2014 - 08:52 PM.

#447 SWJesus

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostBongfu, on 23 May 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Mechwarrior is fun, but advancements never seen in a Mechwarrior game? What are those? Unless he means a pay-to-play model and advancements on how to **** a community for money... then yes! PGI has done a fabulous job.

We have been hearing that the future is bright since closed beta. That was years ago in a dark age when we still believed in PGI. Now they have proven they cannot keep their word on ANYTHING that PGI says. They can't even release something like private matches until years later and then make us pay for the ability to use the functionality beyond set 12v12 matches.

Sorry if I seem sour, but I wanted a game from a company that could deliver on their visions. If the company had trouble, they would be open and honest about it, not give us bull and excuses like "game developing is hard." Well no ****. If PGI is not up to the task I would rather see them drop the IP and let someone develop a mod like Living Legends than continue on the downward spiral they are falling into.

+1
Rins and Repeat of old phrases plus some damn right insults from PGI .-)

Aww Game Development is hard...OMGOSH...
So you used your OWN money and INVESTED it into a buisness plan to make money..
*and ooow yea ofc there was no croudsourcing involved aye* Bllsht*
...omg.. its liek... i donno, all the world works untill croudsourccing was around pretty much.
dont make this sound how your guys are the angels of the MW community doing SOO much
for the Fanbase..
Your Money Policy aka plain out greed is a joke.
"buy buy buy buy buy" , PGI did not learn that Pay2Win failed
not casue of the lack of **** to buy but becasue of the
horrible greed developers showed..*aka p2w got owerpowered to much*
How about trying to Fokus a few Month less on marketing,
less on *what can we add that ppl will pay real money for* but instead trying to make
a Stable, enjoyable and maybe somewhat balanced game with
most of the features you promised some 2 years ago.
Maybe and just maybe there would be more ppl playing this game
and you girls would actually own some money without "500$ blinky mechs" becasue
ppl would buy all those GAZILLION things for MC available already .-) ?

It is quite fun that Gems like "Goat Simulator", a game which its developers advice ppl
NOT to buy, scores better Userrating on metacritics then mechwarrior online..

The Community and MW fanbase is bitter at PGI for VALID reasons,
untill those reasons disappear the bitterness also will stay around and be a
constand partner of whatever PGI does.

THIS ->

View PostKassatsu, on 23 May 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

I can think of four of my friends that have played the game, absolutely loathed it, its monetization scams and where it's headed, and quit faster than it took them to download the client. They are not dumb individuals, nor did they "never give the game a chance", they're all MechWarrior vets and huge gamers I've known for going on 10+ years each.

So for every 'me', I'd be willing to bet money that there's at least four others that tried the game and silently left.

Speaking of gambling, when do we get our random boxes (that cost no less than $5 each) that contain "guaranteed medium lasers with a 0.001% chance of a premium mech skin/hero mech/something you want!" and 99.999% of the time contain the least used consumable in the game?

ps: and yes as usual i am expecting this thread will be deleted cause it contains to much truth

And stop putting my glasvitrine content of 15+years in hand colored coustomized Mechs to shame,
i spend more time coloring my mechs then you guys spend all together programming this game.
->
Posted Image

Edited by SWJesus, 23 May 2014 - 10:33 PM.

#448 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Excellent event and great information, thank you!

#449 Peter Valentine

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 59 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:26 PM

I missed it that noone asked....When we'll have PHYSICS?!?!?!? I think a lot of ppl want falling mechs,and chance against light swarms.....

#450 Tarzilman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:23 AM

View PostTheycallmetheworkingman, on 23 May 2014 - 08:52 PM, said:

Thank you for proving within your own post that you don't know jack **** about this universe, IP, or it's history. You've made it obvious that you are either a **** poor troll, or you're just completely ignorant. You sit there telling people to stop whining, yet you sit there and whine about them expressing their opinions. I suggest you take your own advice, realize that this is a somewhat obscure board that most of the userbase doesn't give two ****s about. Particularly your terribly misinformed and uneducated opinions. Look out a window, go outside. Realize that there is life other than making craptastic posts on a god forsaken board that only you care about. Get real. Grow up.

Edited by Tarzilman, 24 May 2014 - 01:24 AM.

#451 Hypocrisy

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:00 AM

I'm disappointed they didn't talk about SLI \ Crossfire updates.

#452 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

View PostBongfu, on 23 May 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

By the way, Battletech is one of the oldest tabletop franchises out there. I am sure millions of players and the hundreds of books written in that setting means no one gave a **** about the universe. Please go play some other franchise no one actually cares about like Call of Duty before you spout your filth here again about Battletech.
Thank you, Bongfu. If this game was built around Heavy Gun, and simply had the names and basic images of BattleTech, with zero care toward the BattleTech universe, at all, I would agree that people need to get a life, "look out the window", etc. Well, I actually get outside and, when I'm not outside, I have the shades open and, more often than not, the windows themselves open, and I watch people and breathe fresh air and walk, and get away from the computer. None of that lessens my desire to live in the BattleTech universe and, since I started in the game nearly three DECADES ago, I doubt it ever will. This particular computer game is NOT just any other computer game, it has legs and a life of its own, and it needs to be taken care of well. To dismiss those of us who actually care about the game as cranks, or people without lives, etc., is a huge mistake, because we are your neighbors, Father's, Mother's, Brother's, Sister's, friends and the sub-culture that is BattleTech was, at one time, enormous and around the world and, if PGI can pull this off, it will be enormous, again, perhaps larger than ever. So, the details are important.

#453 Quincy McAllister

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 118 posts
  • LocationEssen, Germany

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:47 AM

"Community warfare will involve a map of the inner sphere or at least the contested part, and players can choose whether to aid the invasion or defend against it."

Looking at the following quote (wich I assume to be right but have not checked), I hope that you (PGI) will implement the whole inner sphere as background to community wafare. Otherwiese internal inner sphere conflicts (e.g. with inner sehe only mechs) might be limited. Faction players from Marik and Liao factions have few options since the Invasion corridor does not touch Marik or Liao space. Last but not least we have some more smaller periphery states like the Taurian concordat or the magistracy of canopus which will bring some more flavour into the game.

So please implement the compete inner sphere.

#454 mack sabbath

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 24 May 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

Oops. Seems I missed one:
Q: How does PGI respond to the increasing numbers of Battletech/Mechwarrior fans who think that they were left out of the focus for PGI's vision of the game development?

A: I think the majority of people felt they were left out during 2013 when we were dealing with our immense backlog and didnt have the ability to react to feedback as much as we or the community would have liked. This was frustrating for both parties, but I would like to believe that again going forward we can get on the same page much better. We can't please all factions of or "belief" systems however again I think we can look to the Private Match area to help give more options for your player defined "feel" for MW.

So in other words, that "Battletech Game" will be available for MC. ($)

Otherwise, back to the mixed tech pug troughs.....got it.

#455 Ulvar

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

i think the release of the clans will be the end of this game. somehow sad but on the other hand more time for other things.

#456 John Norad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 524 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

Stuff

Dude, you came here only to insult people and call them names? To insinuate that others 'have no life', although you know jack **** about them, other than the fact that their opinion is different?
And to top it all off you possess the audacity to tell them to grow up?

Many, if not most, of those persons you adress use their time to actually talk about the game. Even if it's harsh and negative, it's about the game.
You dedicated a whole post just to assault them.
I'm not sure who needs a reality check here.

#457 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

25 % more Manpower!!!!???? not enough Mans for Maps! MapTeam helping by Clanmechs !!!!! ..enough Manpower,for Flags,and Cockpititems,Heromechs !

#458 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

A: I think the majority of people felt they were left out misled,treated with contempt, ignored, mocked, derided, fleeced and blatantly lied to during 2013/2014 when we were dealing with our backlog failed interpretation of Mechwarrior and didnt have the ability desire to react to feedback as much as we or the community would have liked deserved. This was frustrating for both parties the people who actually spent money on a start up with a bad track record, but I would like to believe that again going forward we can get on the same page much bette you'll continue to believe my bullshit. We can't please all factions of or "belief" systems however again I think we can look to the Private Match area to help give more options for your player defined "feel" for MW pay for the privilege to get the game we promised in the first place.

FTFY

Edited by Nikolai Lubkiewicz, 24 May 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#459 Rick Rawlings

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:12 PM

Is it just me or does it seem like PGI's response to everything for the next several months is going to be: "Yeah, we still need to do that..."?

#460 Ulvar

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

hey roadbeer you've got 18888 likes ^ ^

@ rick: so what has changed?

Edited by Ulvar, 24 May 2014 - 12:23 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users