#101 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:55 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 27 May 2014 - 10:49 PM, said:

So typical of this generation. Hide behind someone else's actions to justify your own, after having first completely misinterpreted their actions. "I don't agree with Ghost Heat, so it's my quest to blacklist this company." Get a life.

At the same time, if they owned up to that, they would actually have to... gasp!.... grow up!

#102 stabbitystyle

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWalla Walla, WA

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:56 PM

I just want to say I absolutely agree with Niko. I think it's a shame that /r/mwo has become such a negative and caustic place after the Goon takeover. Especially since it has the easy to find subreddit name. Glad to see that you're no longer going to subject yourselves to that horrible place.

#103 Aware

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:58 PM

If you are blaming PGI for anyone's immature actions, I consider your opinion null and void.

So typical of this generation. Hide behind someone else's actions to justify your own, after having first completely misinterpreted their actions. "I don't agree with Ghost Heat, so it's my quest to blacklist this company." Get a life.

The story of MWO's development has already been revealed to us and has NOTHING to do with money-grubbing or apathy towards the community. Failing games don't produce launch modules, clans, or even new matchmakers. If you're not familiar with the story, get your facts straight before you walk around accusing PGI of malfeasance and using it to justify the defamation and smearing going on at r/mwo.

A lot of us have been here since closed beta so I'm pretty sure we know the story. Hell I played the game before you could buy founders packs. In 2 years of development we have only received balance changes (both bad and good), art assets and net code fixes (both good and bad). We have consistently been told CW was on the horizon forgive us if we don't believe what PGI tells us anymore.

#104 Kaio-Kerensky x10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

Way to feed the trolls.

#105 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:02 PM

the unicorn saga continues

or how i learned to not give a **** about being the public face of a company and learned to mock people with my managing prowess!

belittling staff member is a fired staff member... where would he go since igp won't have him anymore...

#106 Vulix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationSouthwest USA

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:09 PM

I consider your opinion null and void.

Simple fact (i.e. not opinion) is people have provided essays worth of constructive feedback back in closed and open beta with much of it being ignored by PGI. I completely understand that there are times when PGI's hands are forced by IGP, but they are at fault much of the time.

Back when I was a daily player, it took us literally months of begging PGI to give us tangible updates on community warfare, UI 2.0, new maps, etc. We generally received no information or we we're simply lied too, such as with all the promised UI 2.0 and community warfare release dates. Most recently, at the September launch party, we we're promised community warfare this fall "at worst case." Well, it looks like we are probably going to wait even longer. Or, they may just serve us a pile of crap, call it community warfare, and be done with it. Who know's at this point, honestly?

Further, instead of getting what we wanted, we instead got half-baked mechanics like ghost heat, terrible weapon balancing, a lack of maps, etc. How about the stuff players were actually asking for? Like mech collisions? Loyalty points? The MASC system (for the Flea and other mechs)? Once promised, never heard of again. I guess adding these mechanics in years late is better than never at all, right? Which naturally leads us to asking, what exactly DID PGI do during 2013? The likely answer is they didn't do much except except push out more mechs to sell for money while waiting to see if Microsoft renewed their license for Mechwarrior. I sincerely doubt PGI lifted a finger to work on community warfare the entire time they promised us it was being developed. If they did actually work on it, where are the results? The game has barely progressed since open beta, given how much time has elapsed

In sum, anyone who thinks a significant portion of the playerbase is revolting solely because it's stylish to do so is, to be frank, completely clueless about MWO's history.

Edited by Vulix, 27 May 2014 - 11:38 PM.

#107 Theycallmetheworkingman

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

View Poststabbitystyle, on 27 May 2014 - 10:56 PM, said:

I just want to say I absolutely agree with Niko. I think it's a shame that /r/mwo has become such a negative and caustic place after the Goon takeover. Especially since it has the easy to find subreddit name. Glad to see that you're no longer going to subject yourselves to that horrible place.

r/mwo never suffered from a "Goon takeover" it was created by a Goon who handed it over to several moderators. It turned out that those moderators could not be trusted and would stifle any posts that they disagreed with and placed PGI in any sort of negative light. The goon administrator returned and outted the shill moderators who were being paid off.

Get your facts straight.

#108 Theycallmetheworkingman

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:31 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 27 May 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

At the same time, if they owned up to that, they would actually have to... gasp!.... grow up!

More hypocritical and useless crap posting filled with vitriol. Stay classy Shar Wolf.

#109 stabbitystyle

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWalla Walla, WA

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:50 PM

View PostTheycallmetheworkingman, on 27 May 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

r/mwo never suffered from a "Goon takeover" it was created by a Goon who handed it over to several moderators. It turned out that those moderators could not be trusted and would stifle any posts that they disagreed with and placed PGI in any sort of negative light. The goon administrator returned and outted the shill moderators who were being paid off.

Get your facts straight.

lol

#110 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:17 AM

View PostTheycallmetheworkingman, on 27 May 2014 - 11:24 PM, said:

Get your facts straight.

There was one mod that was being a problem. They got rid of *all* the good mods, **** all over the headers, renamed fan site to varying flavored of "shill" and pointed the links to Fox News, replaced the art with joke gold urban mechs and proceeded to ban positive posters after specifically saying they weren't going to ban anyone.

Get *your* facts straight.

#111 StandingCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:54 AM

Community manager bringing the community together! Good job Niko, you are turning out to be exactly what I expected when you were re-hired.

Edited by StandingCow, 28 May 2014 - 01:50 AM.

#112 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:57 AM

The funny thing is, r/mwo was pretty much dying on it's arse. It was entirely full of posts from VictorMorson and various mechwarrior buddah alts that were getting very little traffic. And if all Niko had said was "We prefer the moderation on Outreach for our events" then it probably would have just quietly withered and died. Instead, this.

#113 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:40 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 26 May 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

Note, this is a topic split from http://mwomercs.com/...-anything-poll/ to help separate these two different topics.

I do not think that particular subreddit (r/mwo) can be defined as a base for our fans or customers any longer...

Rather, since the change of management, and the resulting diaspora of our active Reddit fans towards r/OutreachHPG and other Subreddits. r/mwo has essentially become an echo-chamber for those who have been banned from our services for repeated abusive behavior.

I just wished PGI would moderate these forums in the same manner as HPGOutreach is moderated.

Edited by Eglar, 28 May 2014 - 02:01 AM.

#114 LegoPirate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 339 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:44 AM

View Postfil5000, on 28 May 2014 - 12:57 AM, said:

The funny thing is, r/mwo was pretty much dying on it's arse. It was entirely full of posts from VictorMorson and various mechwarrior buddah alts that were getting very little traffic. And if all Niko had said was "We prefer the moderation on Outreach for our events" then it probably would have just quietly withered and died. Instead, this.

what if............

victor morson is actually just another alt of MWB?

mind explosion.

#115 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:06 AM

So this is how you community manage.

#116 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:22 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 28 May 2014 - 02:06 AM, said:

So this is how you community manage.

no this is
http://mashable.com/...ager-qualities/

and this
http://www.gamasutra...nt_.php?print=1

Edited by Tekadept, 28 May 2014 - 02:24 AM.

#117 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:24 AM

Haven't posted for a while but as somebody that does spend some time on reddit I suppose I should say something here. Basically, I am subscribed to r/MWO and r/OutreachHPG and find both to be rather annoying. One is negative to the point of hatred and you can't trust anything you read, the other is so sycophantically positive that you can't trust anything you read either. As this thread may have finally shut the door on any kind of reconciliation, I guess we should just be glad they gave us back General Discussion when they did.

But the mood of the community can not and must not be blamed on the community, even with a few bad apples. If the game was where it should be, if $500 mechs were not so obnoxious, or even if the devs had just maintained good relations with said community we would not be where we are now. I'm not sure how far this latest move by the new community manager goes to actually sorting anything out.

Edited by Ozric, 28 May 2014 - 02:33 AM.

#118 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:27 AM

But seriously, I think I'm gonna point out why Niko is so wrong.

You have this one reddit, and it's a pretty big reddit (as far as niche games and sub reddits go), and they have no problems sitting there, talking to the regulars, endlessly reposting screenshots of what people like Niko said. They go out of their way to repost the reposts on the 'good' ribbit, too, so even white knight haven outreach gets their love.

Often times, they share their reposts with 4chan, and many of them post on RSI, so whenever something hilariously bad happens, it's suddenly everywhere. It's not contained on the cancer reddit - far from it. I mean, why should it? The people there are as much a part of the community as those of us over on the 4chains. We generally know what's going on, and who said what.

In many ways, the evildoer rebbit is like an open, festering wound. Now, instead of going in there and fixing the problem, Niko has decided to simply not visit. The sickness thus remains untreated, and the reposts will not stop. In fact, they probably got way worse with this thread. I bet you they have threads about how PGI are incapable of learning right as I'm typing this, where they're discussing hubris and egos.

Posted Image

It's a fire, and your company's the one feeding it.

gg clothes

Edited by Vassago Rain, 28 May 2014 - 02:39 AM.

#119 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:19 AM

You wonder why stuff like this continues to generate angst?

Because it's considered "off-topic".

Attempting to control opinions outside of MWO's own forums is like trying to hold sand in a sieve. Attempting to split opinions by having multiple reddits just distills any poison you were trying to cut out. And good luck with 4Chan. Places like that actually hold the fans you wanted to keep, and the only way to cure any "toxic" is to deliver content, not delays, nor excuses.

Outside this forum, There Be Monsters. And MWO does a crackerjack job of breeding more, with notable exceptions that should be used as learning experiences for navigating hostile environments and making them LESS hostile- and that's from staff who AREN'T the public mouthpieces for the company. Do not take a "Kool-Aid" approach to Reddit and company. Corporatespeak is for corporate sites, and fanbases are notoriously allergic to it. And FFS, the MWO forums should be your FIRST source of official info, not a maze of Twitter posts and random teasers. If I see a Twitter post regarding info, it should be a link to something on here- in the ON topic sections.

#120 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

read most of thread.
understood most points of view
can't locate my level of interest with a tunneling electron microscope.
Niko is one of the good guys.
carry on.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users