#141 DEN_Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:37 AM

View PostInterceptor12, on 28 May 2014 - 06:33 AM, said:

NIko, listen. I know Mechwarrior_Buddah senpai (or his many alts) has never really noticed you in a positive light, but that doesn't mean you have to take it out on everyone else.

The fact that he has many alts that ACTIVELY influence vote count is a direct violation of Reddit's core rules. The fact that MWB/Ed_Eldrich/Names is not shadowbanned from reddit is surprising. Unless he is and I just don't know about it.

Just one example of some of the bad apples over there :/

#142 Aeolus Drift

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationStillwater, OK

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

View PostTichorius Davion, on 28 May 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

The fact that he has many alts that ACTIVELY influence vote count is a direct violation of Reddit's core rules. The fact that MWB/Ed_Eldrich/Names is not shadowbanned from reddit is surprising. Unless he is and I just don't know about it.

Oh go on please. Send some more examples.

#143 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:48 AM

One or two bad apples does not mean you throw out the whole bag.

The problem is you aren't communicating enough Niko. We still don't even know what some of us paid $500 for. Call me an idiot if you will, but generally when you spend money on any other product you are able to know what it is, in exact detail, before you make the transaction.

We have no idea what is going on other than art team is busy with Clan mechs (still?) and Community Warfare is still being pushed back because it hasn't even been started on.

What about... I don't know? Posting some pictures of development meetings or having some tangible evidence that all the stuff you are saying is going on is actually happening. You have to realize that even the white knights are not taking your word anymore. Russ has burned the community trust in his word with broken promise after broken promise. In a court room your lack of evidence would have been laughed at years ago.

So no, Niko, PGI does NOT communicate enough. Which is partly why we are here today. The only communicating seems to be your attempts to segregate and not integrate the community.

#144 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 28 May 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

Bunch of words.

Allow me to say this one last time.

IT'S NOT ABOUT REDDIT

Your post clearly states, in no uncertain terms, that PGI openly mocks it's customers. Every word you have said since it just equivocating.

I don't give two shits about reddit, what I do care about is that PGI has such contempt for it's customers, that the COMMUNITY MANAGER feels embolden enough to actually tell it's customers that they openly mock them.

The shame is, that it took you exactly 2 days of being in the offices at PGI for you to go from being somewhat cool to being Russ's "Mini ME"

Russ and Paul (and now you) seem to think that PGI is Toyota or Ford. It's not, it's a shady little used car dealership on the bad side of town with a couple good service mechanics but everyone knows it for it's smarmy salesmen, terrible prices and prolific upselling, "Sure you can buy this car for $2,300, but if you want the engine, we'll lease you that at $100 per month".

Again, you can make this about reddit all you want, but deep down Niko, you know that comment was about ALL feedback, and instead of just saying "Yeah, I probably shouldn't have said that.", You keep doubling down and you continue to keep redoubling after it.

Welcome to "Island 2.0". Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

#145 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:51 AM

View PostInterceptor12, on 28 May 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

Victor Morson.

#146 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:51 AM

[insert marketing faux pas here]

Posted Image

Edited by Mycrus, 28 May 2014 - 06:52 AM.

#147 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 28 May 2014 - 06:48 AM, said:

that the COMMUNITY MANAGER feels embolden enough to actually tell it's customers that they openly mock them.

We all mock you though. Are you just offended that he said it out loud?

#148 SQUIRRELLL

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:52 AM

And your White Knight leader Heffey does the exact same thing with his alts. Both sides have there extremes.

#149 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:54 AM

View PostSQUIRRELLL, on 28 May 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

And your White Knight leader Heffey does the exact same thing with his alts. Both sides have there extremes.

No alts here. Just my one account, MWB.

Edited by Heffay, 28 May 2014 - 06:54 AM.

#150 Eglar

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 921 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

Unless he is and I just don't know about it.

You mean that how /r/mwo Mods would unban every single post of him in that case would be even more surprising? :ph34r:

Personally, I thought that the decision to make HPGOutreach an "official" reddit was a really good one until Serious Table made his very (sarcasm now): adult-like and neutral ultimatum. And how, just hypothetically, it's a valid cooperate decision to abandon certain individuals or even target-communities.

but then again

It is with those individuals who believe that negative feedback must exclusively be given with insult, and who demean those who try to provide critical constructive feedback without the urge to denigrate others. They may seem funny, but they ultimately aren't helping you or us when they replace legitimate feedback by brute forcing their way into each subject.

You mean this?
Spoiler

This is Community Warfare at it's best.

Edited by Eglar, 28 May 2014 - 07:00 AM.

#151 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:00 AM

View PostHeffay, on 28 May 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

We all mock you though. Are you just offended that he said it out loud?

When you say we all, you mean the smaller community PGI has left playing the game?

Edited by Bongfu, 28 May 2014 - 07:00 AM.

#152 Tekadept

• Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

All this fuss over Reddit. Maybe Niko you should create your own subreddit and IGP can moderate it, then it can meet any standards you require.

#153 EyeOne

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,488 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCockpit, Stone Rhino

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:03 AM

I'm not sure I understand why you guys mess with Reddit anyway. Mod your own forums, announce stuff on your own forums and let the fans take care of Reddit in whatever way they see fit. Don't post there, don't link news there, just let it be.

#154 Aeolus Drift

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationStillwater, OK

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:03 AM

View PostHeffay, on 28 May 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

Victor Morson.

I guess I can play this game again. Show me on the doll where the Morson touched you.

Edited by Interceptor12, 28 May 2014 - 07:05 AM.

#155 Glory in the Highest

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:05 AM

I don't really know what the eff is going on here and I'm not sure I care.

But I guess I'm in clan "White Knight", so I'll do that sh*t.

Y'all are all being ridiculous. It's a video game. For those who are seriously so sad that they spend hours trolling and complaining about a game they no longer play (which they left to play a game that still doesn't exist yet), just... go have a beer and live. For those getting butthurt about those people... go have a beer and live.

The rest of us, avert your eyes from the trainwreck between the two. Have a beer. Live.

Let's go, people.

Edited by Glory, 28 May 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#156 StandingCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

Anybody should be able to see why so much of the community is... as Niko would put it, "toxic". PGI has told a lot of it's community, several times now, that it doesn't matter.

1. We were told we were on an island by the president of your company.
2. We were told we weren't the target demographic.
3. And now the new CM starts a crap thread like this.
(I am sure I am missing other examples off the top of my head)

Toxicity and negativity exists in all games, but what PGI has done over the years is pretty impressive... it has pissed enough of the community off that entire units have broken apart... many that were large. I don't recall ever seeing a game this small as negative as it is... hell no game has made ME this negative toward it before.

Comments from a profession company that trolls, mocks, divides a community and/or tells it's customers (in so many words) that they don't matter should not happen. It isn't healthy for the company nor the consumer.

The best thing you could do at this point Niko is apologize and delete this thread. Learn from your mistakes and strive to bring the community back together and back to MWO.

Edited by StandingCow, 28 May 2014 - 07:10 AM.

#157 Goosfraba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 221 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

View PostEyeOne, on 28 May 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

I'm not sure I understand why you guys mess with Reddit anyway. Mod your own forums, announce stuff on your own forums and let the fans take care of Reddit in whatever way they see fit. Don't post there, don't link news there, just let it be.

Agreed, I shouldn't have to check Twitter or Reddit to find information that should be on the front page.

#158 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:11 AM

View PostInterceptor12, on 28 May 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

Eidorian Seeker. Numerous posts with the content and context in telling new subscribers to not play MWO. On the 'official' MWO subreddit. It is a free to play game. I am all for review and educated opinion but this is fully on the side of negative. Let the guy download and try the game himself.

Repete; Has numerous posts in /r/mwo. His particular context of posts are purely there to incite of invoke flaming. Especially with his recent posts/conversation with Serious_Table. Pointed and Biased Questsion with remarks that were there to force a 'response'

There are more. I just don't care to read the filth. And yes victor morson is one.

Edit: I could go onto /r/mwo do some direct copy pasta just to prove a point but I've decided that I have better things to do than fight on the reddits. I am grabbing lunch and probably play a few MWO matches.

Take care y'all.

P.S. For what it is worth Niko I agree with ya even if it was not the most appropriate way to say it.

Edited by Tichorius Davion, 28 May 2014 - 07:21 AM.

#159 TyrEol

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 76 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

@Niko

This whole thing seems horribly pointless, if you don't have something nice to say about the posters at /r/mwo why say anything at all? I choose not to read it, so can you or anyone else, you can even choose not to post there.

A simple "we're engaging here as it seems the most productive use of our time" would really have been enough if you even had to say anything at all. Even link Outreach from your community page if you want to explicitly endorse it further.

ps thanks to the community over at Outreach it's a good resource for MWO related news, if I actually did this newfangled reddit thing I'd follow it I guess I might have to if it goes private as a result of this needless drama ......

Edited by TyrEol, 28 May 2014 - 07:23 AM.

#160 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

I would post how I feel, but my unit has an anti-bashing policy on the devs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users