If You Were Forced To Pick A Clan To Play, Which Clan Would It Be?

94 replies to this topic

#21 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

If I was forced pick a clan? Probably Smoke Jaguar. Luckily I will not be forced to pick a Clan and may stay with my trothkin in Clan Ghost Bear. ;)

#22 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

Out of the four we have, I'd probably go with Clan Wolf.
Any others? Coyote just because. ;)

#23 Gamebully

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSioux Falls

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

Ghost Bear all the way!

#24 DragonFire1170

Rookie

• The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia, USA

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

I'd likely go with Ghost Bear or Wolf, if forced I'd go Ghost Bear.

As for the other clans, Coyote

#25 Tulip Lee

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

Clan Mongoose or Black Widow! ;-P

But really, Nova Cats. I like the mysticism. They seem like they'd be fun to roleplay, which is the entirety of my reason for picking them.

#26 HANGMAN1962

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 277 posts
  • Locationnew hampshire usa

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

clan widowmaker!
destroyers of clan wolverine!
ubsorbed by clan wolf!

#27 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:22 PM

Wolf. Warden. nuff said

#28 Colonel Cody

• PipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBoston; MA

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

Ghost Bears would be the first choice, Snow Ravens as the second.

#29 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostHarathan, on 30 May 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Star Adder. They're the most sensible of the bunch, and they play proper football. Some people - ignorant, sad people - call it soccer.

EDIT - Oh, and we have the best mechs and best weapons, if you want to get into that.

Blood Asp? Check!
Heavy Lasers? Check!
Only Clan other than the Jade Falcons to win during the Trial of Refusal? Check!
Not giant douchebags like Jade Falcon? Check!
Not one of the Big 4 that everyone and their dog chooses? Check!

Theta Galaxy has a position for you Harathan, lol!

#30 Spackle Overlord

Rookie

• The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

I'd go with Clan Blood Spirit. I know they're not one we can choose in MWO ... yet. But I've always liked the underdog, and one-on-one they're the best warriors in Clan space.

#31 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:10 PM

Jade Falcon.

as for a homeworld clan, I'd go Coyote, simply for the fact that they may literally be the only clan to betray everything the clans stand for by siding with the society, and lived to tell about it. (and this was during the wars of reaving too, which makes their survival even more awesome.)

#32 Sealawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationBuckminster City, Buckminster Prefecture

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:15 AM

If I were forced to puck a clan I would pick Clan Seppuku. It is preferable, as it is the only one that is digestible.

#33 Draconis Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 147 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:07 AM

I would Seppuku as well, If I was forced to mingle with some questionable people.

Clan Diamond Shark with out a doubt.

#34 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

Clans Wolf, Adders, Ghost Bear and Jade Falcon will be tolerable, if they will chose to take me as bondsman, I would honor such procedure, but no way I would join voluntary.

View PostCrusadiar, on 31 May 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

I would Seppuku as well, If I was forced to mingle with some questionable people.

Clan Diamond Shark with out a doubt.

I think it would be wise to demand your Clan captors to allow the ritual of Bondsref, that is if you don't wish to dishonor your house by dishonoring yourself in front of the enemy. -_-

#35 Lucur

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:10 AM

Easy one. Omnimechs are superior to battlemechs. Inventor of the omnimechs is Clan Coyote.
Besides the Coyotes were the powerhouse of wardens and one of the clans who knew how to deal with the trial of refusal -_-

www.clan-coyote.de is where it's at :rolleyes:

#36 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:24 AM

View PostHarathan, on 30 May 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Star Adder. They're the most sensible of the bunch, and they play proper football. Some people - ignorant, sad people - call it soccer.

EDIT - Oh, and we have the best mechs and best weapons, if you want to get into that.

Blood Asp? Check!
Heavy Lasers? Check!
Only Clan other than the Jade Falcons to win during the Trial of Refusal? Check!
Not giant douchebags like Jade Falcon? Check!
Not one of the Big 4 that everyone and their dog chooses? Check!

I'll second this wholeheartedly.

#37 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

View PostLukoi, on 30 May 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

Theta Galaxy has a position for you Harathan, lol!

I'm spoken for, but I appreciate the gesture.

#38 Shell Game

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

None :P. I would uninstall my client before being forced to choose. They all smell the same to me. I would however, consider loaning out my services to a house faction that specializes with anti-clan warfare. As far as the omni-mechs go, I would pilot them just for the sake of gaining some knowledge of the common clan enemy. Long live House Liao and the Inner Sphere forever!!!

Edited by EpicWarlord, 31 May 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#39 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:52 AM

View PostEpicWarlord, on 31 May 2014 - 06:51 PM, said:

None. They all smell the same to me.

While I appreciate that the Clans aren't everyones cup of tea, the idea that they are all the same is a little laughable.

#40 Shell Game

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

View PostHarathan, on 02 June 2014 - 06:52 AM, said:

While I appreciate that the Clans aren't everyones cup of tea, the idea that they are all the same is a little laughable.

Let me expand my thoughts on this so that it appears to be less laughable. One of my main dislikes of the clans are their societal structures that feature a Caste system with their fixations on Trials and Bloodnames.

Secondly, as an avid table top Battletech player, the game mech design content from the 3025 technical readouts and the 3050 technical readouts, minus the clan content of course, was second to none. The game design was well balanced as well as fun to play. While the clan fiction literature serves at best as interesting reading, the 3050 clan component of the game with future clan updates were not enjoyable table top content. This was largely because the new rules of clan mech design were clearly overpowered and out of balance with inner sphere designs. This never caught on with my core group of players as we always set out to create fair even matches. We never took these clan mechs seriously as they constituted “cheating” on a large scale in our eyes.

The new clan mech designs that we will see later this month will have all sorts of advantages when compared to the current, in game, inner sphere models. The magnitude of these changes will upset the current balance of the game. The live version of this game will basically become a beta testing session. An eventual attempt at balancing may come with the introduction of more advanced inner sphere models which are currently not even being talked about.

I’m proud to be part of the House Liao Faction, as this the house in the battletech universe that is historically used to doing more with less. The Cataphract and the Vindicator mechs fine are examples of this. I personally don’t believe that I need to pilot the best mech available to effective in this game. Give me a mech with a big gun or two and I’m ready to roll. I look forward to the challenge of taking down the new clan technology every night when I log on to MWO. Especially in the first few weeks of the CW launch.

Lastly, I believe that the rest of the competent pilots of the inner sphere and I will effectively stand up to these game breaking clan threats that we are about to face.

House Liao Proud!
EW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users