• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostAbisha, on 31 May 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

again wrong man
i am 33, work like 12 years already *you know working is for winners?* losers are jobless.
i have a reasonable job, earn enough coin to spend around 40 a 50 euro's on MWO online, why because i can.

OK, so you only ACT 14. Must be an internet thing.
Posted Image

#82 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

^ spilled my drink. Damn you Bishop!

View PostAbisha, on 31 May 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

if you have a KDR of 0.47 then you have a lot to learn about MWO.
also EPeen whatever you like to call it??..

so if a champion in F1 wins, he have a HUGH EPEEN??, makes zero sens man none at all.
this game is PVP orientated to be Competitive, meaning a sport.
and people who play sport play to win.

O and btw by the gods ELO do not place you with my pug Group, the horror.

No, if an F1 driver wins the championship they have proven in a controlled environment that they are the best driver in the best car on the grid. There are, however, no rewards for their teammate who stalled the championship rivals on the opening laps so the eventual champion could get away. Ala Barichello and Schumacher in the glory days of Ferrari.
Much like there are no statistical rewards in MWO for providing your team with effective ECM cover, good scouting intel or "tanking" so your squishier mechs can get into position.

I stated that ONE of my mechs has a low KDR. In fact, quite a few have negative KDR's for a number of reasons (me being crap at piloting assaults, for example). I have other mechs that, using Adiuvo's earlier example, would be enough to at least try out for HoL twice. Those mechs are the ones that suit me and geared for pinpoint damage with minimal return fire.

Elo is not known to anyone other than PGI. Who's to say that I am not lucky not to have you in my drops?

Edited by Lunatech, 31 May 2014 - 12:47 PM.

#83 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostDymlos2003, on 31 May 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

Have you noticed that people who play in groups most of the time are they pilot in the higher elo and complain about the meta when they play solo(even with a group)? It's because the stat padding. It's a double edge sword. Playing in a group makes your stats better than they should be. I have gone through this in the closed beta and open beta when I was part of a group. Playing solo changed all that.

It's pretty damn close. I would say if their stats are 1.5 ish in KDR and yet play only solo. That would indicate a great pilot but a 3.0 always grouped pilot I would be wary.

This brings up a good question. What is a "good" KDR? What is poor? Can it be defined?

More specifically: What KDR is "good" for a player that only solo random drops and probably has very nearly a 50/50 w/l ratio due to random dropping? (and things like not caring or leaving or having to afk or dumb deaths or builds will certainly make it a bit lower)

#84 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:40 PM

and how exactly do a Grampa act then?.
likely even more childish, people tend to become worse the more they age.

but don't mind me, I keep on winning.

#85 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

Also what is a good medium laser accuracy? Or any of that stuff? Right now is kindof a good time to judge this stuff since the stat reset.

#86 Harmatia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 434 posts
  • LocationRed Deer, AB

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 31 May 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

I wish stats were public. It would indeed make things easier when trying to determine someone's credentials as a player.

However, if stats were to go live, I'd prefer that they list more detailed stats. For example:

Elo Score
Assists
Component Destructions
Savior Kills
Mechs Spotted
etc.

This would help get a better picture of the player's play-style.

Agreed. Maybe combine all the necessary/desired stats into a rating that is visible to other players....

#87 Poppaukko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 236 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostAbisha, on 31 May 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

and how exactly do a Grampa act then?.
likely even more childish, people tend to become worse the more they age.

but don't mind me, I keep on winning.

Maybe you should stop posting. Just... stop.

#88 Abisha

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostPoppaukko, on 31 May 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

Maybe you should stop posting. Just... stop.

why i come up for my rights, and my opinions.
and like to point out facts in the face.

also wanna add, it's obvious many people are bothered with the stats, because they have bad numbers.
other they will likely not post about it on the forums, or just ignore it all gatherer.

Edited by Abisha, 31 May 2014 - 01:21 PM.

#89 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostLunatech, on 31 May 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

I have other mechs that, using Adiuvo's earlier example, would be enough to at least try out for HoL twice.

I didn't say those were our recruitment standards -_-

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 31 May 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

This brings up a good question. What is a "good" KDR? What is poor? Can it be defined?

More specifically: What KDR is "good" for a player that only solo random drops and probably has very nearly a 50/50 w/l ratio due to random dropping? (and things like not caring or leaving or having to afk or dumb deaths or builds will certainly make it a bit lower)

1 is eh, 2 good, 3 is great.

#90 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 31 May 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

I didn't say those were our recruitment standards :rolleyes:

does one also have to be able to post "GGClose" in a condescending manner? -_-

#91 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 31 May 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

Average damage per match is the main one that's important with consideration paid to weight class. W/L is also a major thing along with KDR. Play time is also pretty important.

For the record, average damage per match can be skewed depending on weapon loadouts (missiles vs direct fire for instance).

I'm sure you're not going exclusively stats, but putting context into the numbers is relatively important.

If a team isn't looking to train new people then there needs to be some filtering done by stats. This filtering isn't really strenuous. Some of the top teams just require you to have at least a 2.0KDR for them to consider you and put you in a few drops. Recruiting would take entirely too much time otherwise. In any case, if you don't have at least a 2.0KDR you don't belong on a top team, flat out, no matter what mech or 'role' you play.

Well, I guess I'll never be part of such a group. I'm still hovering at about the same K-D ratio before the stats reset/archival (which is good I guess), and at this rate I'm sure to disappoint.

I know that having good shooting is important, but there's always an intelligence factor that will not be self-revealing based on the stats alone.

Context makes the entire discussion more important, as #s inevitably never tell the whole story. It takes a nice story... but it can be skewed so many different ways...

#92 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 May 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

Only after you configure your VPN and aimbots.

#93 xMintaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 882 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 31 May 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

I didn't say those were our recruitment standards :rolleyes:

I misread. But you said "top teams", you've literally just proven that yourselves and SJR are the top teams (that made it into the tournament). So my point stands, even if my example is off.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 31 May 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

I think the more important question is what KDR you are required to have before you can type "ggclose" in all chat. :huh:

Edited by Lunatech, 31 May 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#94 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostLunatech, on 31 May 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

I misread. But you said "top teams", you've literally just proven that yourselves and SJR are the top teams (that made it into the tournament). So my point stands, even if my example is off.

I think the more important question is what KDR you are required to have before you can type "ggclose" in all chat. -_-

or call yourself LORD Lunatech? I got a good laugh out of the lad who youtubed when he was trolling the LORDs lance and watching the one LORD get all nerd-rage. When people take a game THAT seriously, it's time for mom and dad to step in and give somebody a time out.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 31 May 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#95 Poppaukko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 236 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostAbisha, on 31 May 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

and like to point out facts in the face.

also wanna add, it's obvious many people are bothered with the stats, because they have bad numbers.
other they will likely not post about it on the forums, or just ignore it all gatherer.

I don't consider my stats bad. Most of this is from pugging.

Posted Image

Also, use grammar to make your text more readable.

#96 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

Something to consider in this discussion....epeening on the internet existed well before stats were available in pvp games (it was more rampant in Asherons call, both EQs, UO, DAOC and Shadowbane than its ever been here imo) and will continue to be a common symptom in any gaming environment on the web. Internet anonymity is what engenders bullying behavior, overinflated egos and being a genereal douche not stats.

Stats have a value to some and are an unhealthy fixation for others. Deleting them will not eliminate or even reduce the epeening behavior of people associated with the latter. People who are jerks will always find some way to lord over others the minor bs they feel defines them, as it is integral to their inflated self evaluation.

So why punish those who use the information for its value and judiciously? Deleting them saves you no heartburn whatsoever.

P.s. if the internet trolls are riling you up, complain to MWO so maybe someday they institute some ingame ignore features and in the meantime...you should toughen up a bit.

#97 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:05 PM

View PostAbisha, on 31 May 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

You don't have rights here. Or on any corporate sponsored message board. The sponsor can deny you a voice any time they wish, for any reason or lack thereof. BAM! You're banned. Why? The moderator saw something orange and it put him in a bad mood? Maybe? Who knows? Any one of us could be IP banned in under 3 minutes. And there is nothing illegal or immoral about it, hell, we all agreed to it. Scope the Code of Conduct and Terms of Service.

#98 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostAsakara, on 31 May 2014 - 12:32 PM, said:

Posted on 22 November 2012 at 03:37 PM:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__1474777

Soon™.

#99 Splitpin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationNoo Zeelund

Posted 31 May 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 31 May 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

Soon™.

Well that was their position at the time.

#100 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

View PostLTGear, on 31 May 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

how come we cannot peek on other players battle stats, it does help recruit faster. we must have the option to share or make it private should we not?

Sometimes I see people glancing at me when I am pissing in a urinal.... I prefer this not happen on these forums as well.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users