King Crab Versus Dire Wolf + Lots Of Tabletop.

203 replies to this topic

#41 Zack Esseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 248 posts
  • LocationRith Essa

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:05 PM

Reading these made me actualy start playing megamek. Can't believe I have had that things for 3 months and not played it. The Bots are kinda dumb though and get stuck. Anyone willing to spend some time helping me learn the thing? Also, I never played true table top. I got into MechWarrior through the Klix game and got pretty adicted to that (have my flak suit on, ready for incoming shrapnel for liking the terrible game).

#42 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

View PostVanguard319, on 04 June 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

Been playing around with different units myself, and I seem to do okay with mechs and infantry. (Haven't figured out how to carry battlearmor on omnis yet though.) Still trying to figure out how to use Aerospace fighters on a groundmap. (been mostly crashing so far)

Right click.

View PostShar Wolf, on 04 June 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

oookay - didn't show my edit :angry:

Lost your TS info

Sent to your IM.

Btw, anyone wanting to join us at some point, I'll send a Zhizhu teamspeak info to you.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 04 June 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

That had me at the edge of my seat. Especially with the headshots! Dayum.

I was totally screwed. We had an ambush setup and it was perfect. Then the surprise of Clan BAP screwed us royally. Didn't even know mechs had independent radars. Funny thing. Radars don't work well within cities. :D

The tripping was pretty cool.

#43 Danghen Woolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Romulus, Outreach

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:16 AM

I love floating criticals, one of the best optional rules in the game I think. LBX Cluster rounds really hit their prime when they can find a small weakness in armor and detonate some ammo or foul up an actuator. Great battle, have to love the bell-curve. I was running a Clan Invasion campaign with my game and faced off a heavy and light lance against a medium star of equal BV and all base pilots, they had a Mad Dog C, double gauss... First turn and he charges up onto a level 2, dumps a round into my lance commander's Grasshopper, hits, rolls 12,... Second turn stays up there and targets my Catapult, hits, rolls 12... I did manage to scuff his armor with some LRMs at least. Two turns in and I am down two heavies and haven't even been able to effectively return fire. I ended the match with one crippled Firestarter running from the field. He lost a Kit Fox and a Firemoth when the MASC failed out in the open... That is how Clans do...

Edit for unnecessary censorship by forum.

Edited by Danghen Woolf, 05 June 2014 - 05:18 AM.

#44 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

Figured out how to get the plane to move without stalling, Every time I try to use maneuvers though, I stall or just crash outright.

Practiced with a Sabre on some infantry

Spoiler

Edited by Vanguard319, 05 June 2014 - 08:52 AM.

#45 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

I definitely want in on this. I WILL SHOW YOU ALL THE POWER OF THE BIG BLUE FIST!

And also probably of the jewel encrusted sea predator, maybe.

#46 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:08 AM

You can also try King Crab versus Annihilator in my Roguemek game :P (via custom battle, but sorry no clan tech yet).

My first game I played as the KC, got killed by a headshot with a critical on my cockpit before I could close within medium range of the AC20s :P

My second game I played as Annihilator vs KC. Seems I need to fix something with movement when you only have 1AP... can't even go into or out of level 1 water :( So avoid the water for now. But I did win, maybe because those AC10's just tear up since you have more chances to hit with 4xAC10s than with 2xAC20s.

My third game, my KC got killed by the Annihilator again, this time I took 10 damage to the head but that didn't kill me, rather I failed the piloting skill, fell to the ground, took 5 damage to the Head which finished me off :( DOH!

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 06 June 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#47 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

I played two games of Mektek so far...

First I used two crabs. Second I used two crabs and a King Crab.
First one, I lost a crab by slipping on pavement... ran into a building and was pummeled to death with "2 damage from hitting building" "Building can't support the weight. Collapes. 2 damage" "Ran into building." "2 damage from building"... till there was no crab left. I was epxecting to fall down, maybe slide a hex. Nope. Somehow I slid through three hexes of a building, suffered damage for every hex I "ran" though, and then suffered each building falling down on my mech several times...
Second match. First round of shooting. King Crab took 20+ damage and had to do a piloting check. Failed. Falls down. Deal (like 5) damage to side torso. Armor left. Crit suffered. LRM launcher destroyed. AC20 ammo hit, explodes. Good Bye King Crab...

Meanwhile, in those same matches, my enemy can fall over 5-10 times in a single match, take some damage, and continue to try and get up. Me? I fall over once, and instantly die each time. I think the computer cheated... ;)

Edit: PS: Mektek is not what I recall it being from before... They dropped the persistent world where I had to save and earn c-bills to buy new mechs? Or is this just the version I installed... (Use to only have one version, and everyone was their own team trying to fight to earn money. I believe it was just PvP... I'm talking a long time back though. Lost the program till someone mentioned it in here.)

Edited by Tesunie, 06 June 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#48 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:30 PM

View PostTesunie, on 06 June 2014 - 04:28 PM, said:

I was epxecting to fall down, maybe slide a hex. Nope. Somehow I slid through three hexes of a building, suffered damage for every hex I "ran" though, and then suffered each building falling down on my mech several times...

Shoulda brought an urbie ;)

#49 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 06 June 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

Shoulda brought an urbie ;)

I like me CRABS! I can't wait to have a Crab in this game. I want to stick to stock on it for the most part. 2 PPCs and probably (for MWO) 2 med lasers... (maybe even the med and small laser instead). I also would hope that one could have 6 med lasers in the arms as a more custom version... (I also can't wait for the King Crab, even if assaults isn't my favorite mech class. Dual AC20s and LRMs...)

I still say the game was cheating... ;)

#50 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

Can I get that TS info Koniving?

#51 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

Sent.

#52 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

Another bit of training on my part. I'm getting better at using fighters for strafing and bombing (I made it a little easier for me to use maneuvers by upping the piloting skill.) I still can't seem to load infantry on a vehicle though.

Spoiler

#53 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

"Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye."

That test bot wasn't happy and felt pretty cheated.

#54 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Beat Lordred three times in a row. JUST SAYIN'.

Actually it was some pretty fun games and a lot of them were pretty close or determined by lucky shots.

Match 1:
Hunchback-4J (LoPan) vs Hatchetman (Lordred)

Lordered covered his approach by burning down a line of trees between us, keeping my LRMs from coming into play, then he used his superior mobility and a ton of good initiative rolls to stay in my rear arc as he chased me around the map. I ended up winning by putting my back to a building too weak for him to jump on top of and letting him have it with six lasers a turn. I ended up finishing him off, but was so overheated I almost died of an ammunition explosion after killing him.

Match 2: Thunderbolt & Panther (Lopan) vs Marauder-1R and Merlyn(?) (Lordred)

His light, which I think was a Merlyn, charged in close, planning on taking out the Panther in close range, but a lucky shot from my Thud's large laser legged it in one shot. While his Marauder stayed back taking pot shots my Panther and Thunderbolt walked up and kicked his light to death on turn two. It was brutal. I then ran the Panther around his right flank while I charged him head on with the Thunderbolt and got into a slugging match. Despite being within his minimum range the Thud was outmatched thanks to the heavy kicks from the Marauder, but Lordred flipped his PPC's inhibitors off and fired them both off at once. Unfortunately both of them had catastrophic overloads and the Marauder all but killed itself. Then the Thunderbolt and Panther finished it off over the course of three more turns while it lay basically helpless on the ground.

Match 3: Flea (LoPan) vs Locust-1E (Lordred)

Shifting walls, crazy Solaris match. Lordred was counting on superior speed, firepower and armor to win the fight for him. I was counting on one large laser. My first shot blew one of his arms off. His first shot knocked out two of my heat sinks. What followed was an awesome game of cat and mouse as the walls shifted around, blocking line of sight to each other. Since we were playing double blind it was all about trying to find the other light without exposing your back to him. With my range advantage and one big gun I had the upper hand during a fight like this, but by now I was down to just 7 heat sinks so I couldn't handle a prolonged fight at close quarters. Eventually I blew out the Locust's gyro, got in close and vaporized the pilot with a barrage of lasers.

Good matches and really fun. I can't wait to do it again!

#55 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:43 PM

Well, water is definitely not my friend. Lost half my lance to hull breaches T_T.

Spoiler

#56 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

View PostVanguard319, on 29 June 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:

Well, water is definitely not my friend. Lost half my lance to hull breaches T_T.

Spoiler

I wanted to like that, but it was just sad.

#57 LoPanShui

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 456 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

If anybody ever wants another game send me a message on the forums! I still can't get my own servers to work due to port forwarding issues with my router, so I gotta connect to you.

#58 GreyGriffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • LocationQuatre Belle (originally from Lum)

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:44 PM

Is there a CBT/Megamek campaign in the goings on? I don't know all the advanced rules from tacops so I will probably blow up, but I would like to get in on the action.

#59 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

View PostGreyGriffin, on 09 July 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

Is there a CBT/Megamek campaign in the goings on? I don't know all the advanced rules from tacops so I will probably blow up, but I would like to get in on the action.

Megamek handles the rules for us and makes it pretty easy to understand.

We do not have one going on currently due in part to our planned Solaris Arena in this coming week. Speaking of which I need to make a post advertising it officially since we're going to use it to re-introduce ourselves to the MWO community and increase Zhizhu even more for this and other games. A good turnout would also make for some interesting variety for filming.

O.o;
Spoiler

We'll be filming and doing an audio over with one of our more energetic guys as an announcer.

#60 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:51 AM

View PostKoniving, on 09 July 2014 - 10:34 PM, said:

We do not have one going on currently due in part to our planned Solaris Arena in this coming week. Speaking of which I need to make a post advertising it officially since we're going to use it to re-introduce ourselves to the MWO community and increase Zhizhu even more for this and other games. A good turnout would also make for some interesting variety for filming.
We'll be filming and doing an audio over with one of our more energetic guys as an announcer.

;)

So looking forward to this. Reminds me, that we urgently need a spectator mode. I would even take a day off just for spectating this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users