• LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

Greetings!

Please let us know your feedback on the latest news from Russ on Clan Logos
http://mwomercs.com/...213-clan-logos/
http://mwomercs.com/...an-logo-update/

View PostRuss Bullock, on 06 June 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Clan Logos

While I had hoped to be doing a poll by today, here is what the latest plan is: Our great UI artist Charla has stepped in to design each of the Clan logos again under this "Mild Refresh" mentality and I think they are quite close to what we need.

However I did learn that Dennis, our fearless Art Director, is back in the office on Monday. I do want to show him the respect he deserves to see these new logos before they are presented to you.

So please give us another business day or two early next week to allow Dennis to view them and make sure he can put his final touches on them, this will also ensure they really do match up well with the current IS logos as he created those.

Thats it for now, thanks for standing by.

#2 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

Yay, the wait is over!!!.... oh wait, no it's not...

While I really appreciate his stance, and I know overriding a department head is bad manners, why did we have to wait for a command chair post for this?...

Edited by Cimarb, 06 June 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#3 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

On a different note, the other two command chair posts don't have feedback threads - was that intentional or just not implemented yet?

#4 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for the update Russ! Personally I'm in no hurry to get them; I'd rather they be done right than rushed. But the fast response time to this issue is impressive. ;)

#5 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

Explaining precisely why it's delayed a couple days... that's exactly what you should do for every delay, no matter how slight.

Good job, guys.

#6 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

Does the Art Director not have email access? I have never had vacation where I couldn't take 5 minutes to make my customers happy.

I'm fine with the current logos, personally, but it would have been amazing to have the poll up over the weekend.

Edit: Has anyone discussed having both parade and "high contrast" versions at the same time? Selecting the Ghost Bear faction, for instance, would show the fancy parade icon we currently have on the forums, but show a simplified, high contrast version that would work better on mechs and the in game icons.

Edited by Cimarb, 06 June 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#7 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

I'm kind of torn between the upcoming choices here ... I generally like the minimalist style of the IS faction logos, and generally like the additional detail of the clan logos.

I guess what I like the most is that you're working as fast as reasonable to addressing fan feedback, and keeping us informed about it ... keep it up!

#8 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

Wait.... what's wrong with the Logos? They look awesome!

#9 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

Though not a clanner I would like to say I liked the new logos. But also did notice the difference in styles between the IS vs Clan. whichever wins I hope people enjoy, and the other can become a cockpit item or a clan logo/decal on the mech. Find some way both can be used some where in game.

#10 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:50 AM

Okay. Here's my primary question -

Is someone else writing these posts for Russ, or did Mr. Bullock attend some communication classes?

I mean this in a very positive way. They're all well written, professional and project humility via support of the staff involved. Customers eat that **** up with a spoon. They contain enough details to convey the point effectively without data-dumping. They're sufficiently personal to project familiarity with the subject and imply a connection with the reader without being inappropriate.

All good stuff, all well presented. These are all good ideas - well considered and with what seem likely to be positive results. That's been done before though and prompted 100 pages of rage. Presentation is critical, ask any chef. These ideas are not just good ideas but are presented very well, making them very palatable. Concerns raised by them are sporadic and mild. Criticisms so polite that it made me double-check what forum I was on.

The ideas are all great. Happy to see how they play out in game. The presentation however, the timber of the communications, absolutely spot on. We've had command chair posts from Russ and Paul plus steady communication here and in announcements (and elsewhere) from other staff members (like Alexander, Kyle and Matthew) along with the omni-present Mr. Lubkiewicz and they've all been good. So good that it's really worth a separate accolade and note of appreciation. They've all come across as 'communications from PGI', very professional and unified. If you hired PR support, they earned their money. If you just doubled-down on better communication, even more props.

It's a good culture change. Much appreciated and adds value to everything else you do here. Thank you.

#11 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

I like the new Clan Logos.

#12 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

I also like the new logos, HOWEVER, i can see adjusting them to be more of a middle ground between current and classic. Like the eye on clan wolf, might be a little too much considering the classic just has black space where the eye should be.

When looking at these logos, I hope they just simplify them slightly, not do reworks. i think thats all they need to fit in better with BT cannon.

#13 Methuselah Honeysuckle

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 81 posts
  • LocationSammich Isles

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hope we can see both Charla's unedited versions and Dennis' final touch versions.

#14 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

Thank you! Awesome work.

#15 TamerSA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 144 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

I personally think the outcry to change the clan logos were a bit silly... the logos look good imo.
PGI are making some positive changes in their approach and the way they communicate with the community.

Maybe the community should start doing the same and not complain about every small detail.
I'm not saying PGI do not have a bad track record... but was it really necessary to change the logos?

#16 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

Much appreciated update!

#17 Primetimex

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

Leave the Clan logos as is - they are fine the way they are - I like it - good update on the old designs while still keeping to classic designs.

#18 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

I always back showing respect to your employees. Thanks for the update.

#19 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:33 AM

I prefer the style of the existing IS logos with gradual color changes over the (constant) color gradients you have in the Clan logos, e.g. CGB arms/head, CSJ blue thingies. It looks very flat and mainly not so good.

Oh, you might want to have a good look at the in-game thumbnails; these look like pixel soup with a full logo in such a small space (I know, not top priority :P )

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 08 June 2014 - 01:34 AM.

#20 Natasha Radick

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationLurking in the Periphery...

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:30 AM

Fine and dandy. But what about logos for clans that were also in the invasion that I haven't seen mentioned once? Clan Goliath Scorpion? Clan Nova Cat? Clan Coyote? Clan Hell's Horses? Clan Diamond Shark? Clan Cloud Cobra? Clan Star Adder? And obviously many more. Not all of us are simply Falcon, Wolf, Bear or Jaguar. I would especially like to see Clan Nova Cat brought to the table as they played a major part.

Edited by Natasha Radick, 08 June 2014 - 03:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users