168 replies to this topic

#21 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 06 June 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Fall damage, JJ heat, MM fixes AND now SRM fixes - YOU GUYS!!!! ;)

What a pleasant surprise to wake up to today, great work! Very excited for the next two patches, not just since I get my full suite of clan mechs, but some much awaited and welcome fixes/changes! Love it. :D

I can dust off my brawler ON1-P since it's SRMs have been languishing in mediocrity. I've had *some* success with my Shadow Hawks, but my ON1-P and HGN-733C have been problematic and I really hate wasting those hardpoints for high burst potential.

If the fix is good, might even finally get around to picking up a CTF-2X. ;)

Edited by ShadowWolf Kell, 06 June 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#22 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

Can we keep the 2.15 Damage for awhile?

Please?

Cheers.

#23 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaawwwwwwwww!

#24 Little Details

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 172 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO, USA

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

please god reduce the damage. you increased it multiple times to make for the fact they'd register 20-60% of the time. we don't need a splat cat return + all the other mechs you've released since then that boat srms.

#25 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

This finally will make SRM boats reliable again.

I can't wait.

#26 ManDaisy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationKing Of Flower Beds

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

Honestly, without self splash damage (less then 90m), its going to get a little out of hand with the face hugging. Expect big numbers and lots of complaints from those who can't adjust..

I think damage should be kept at 2.0 as in battletech lore, but damage to self needs to be added under 90m. An Srm will true be an SRM then.

Edited by ManDaisy, 06 June 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#27 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostLT Satisfactory, on 06 June 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

please god reduce the damage. you increased it multiple times to make for the fact they'd register 20-60% of the time. we don't need a splat cat return + all the other mechs you've released since then that boat srms.

Keep in mind that back during the heydey of the splatcat, SRMs were doing 2.5 damage per missile base PLUS buggy broken splash damage that could lead to a single missile doing 2 or even 3 times its proper damage, and SRM ghost heat didn't exist. Even if this fix makes SRMs have true, 100% accurate hitreg, they will still be nowhere *near* as powerful as they were in their prime. Let's not make panic-induced preemptive nerfs before we actually know that there's a problem.

#28 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

This is great news.

I'm really liking the short and sweet CC posts ... what else are you guys working on?

#29 bossclan

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIndiana United States

Thank you MWO for this much needed fix !

#30 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted Image

#31 ShadowWolf Kell

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostManDaisy, on 06 June 2014 - 06:00 PM, said:

Honestly, without self splash damage (less then 90m), its going to get a little out of hand with the face hugging. Expect big numbers and lots of complaints from those who can't adjust..

I think damage should be kept at 2.0 as in battletech lore, but damage to self needs to be added under 90m. An Srm will true be an SRM then.

My face hugger SHD-2H is decided to do just that... hug your face and unload SRMs and MGs into your naughty bits to see if you turn red.

Working as intended. ;)

#32 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

Sweet Monkey Jesus its a Miracle! Now all we need is the ForumWarriors to complain about the fix! HUZZAH!

#33 Tarzilman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

That sounds great! All this news! It's like Christmas! So please let it feel like that and not like Helloween. ;-)
Was waiting so long for the SRM-fix. I'm very curious about the upcoming patch!

Now, if you would have a look at the Awesome, that would be so nice. If you're able to make it a viable mech, that means another hitbox-tuning with bigger arms and smaller CT or even a complete overhaul of the chassis and also give im a quirk so that he's able to fire maybe 3 PPC or LL without ghost heat (since the 9m got 3 ERs stock and most awesomes are predestined to be driven as energy boats), short after the clan patch, I promise I will buy the Masakari package instantly!

While this might be unrealistic, please have a look at this beautiful mech though. You can have good matches with it, but most times you have to play it far away from its role as an assault. Don't let it rust in players mechbays, neglected like it is. Could you please save it? Save the awesome (and maybe the Quickdraw,too?)? Pwetty pwease?
Posted Image

Edited by Tarzilman, 06 June 2014 - 06:25 PM.

#34 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

My SRM22 2D2, SRM24 KTO-19, and ASRM24 ON1-VA will let you know on June 17. I will withhold my congratulations until that time but if true it is great news. It does beg the question... what does this fix break? ;p

#35 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

This is the exact opposite of walking in on your wife sleeping with Jar-Jar Binks.

#36 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 481 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

Great mech god almighty! Yes, yes, yes - a thosand times YES! No longer will my already wussy srm lights feel a cry of victory die on the wind when 3 srm6 volleys hit a cherry red intenal, only to explode and make a red flash but no damage to the hit location or ANY other nearby location that an unseen torso twist or Hsr adjustment could concievably have decided was the real target hit.

As much as this hurt brawling heavies, it also hurt ambush lights and bombers like the oxide who had to resort to streaks even to have a chance at hit registry. Jenner D's, K's may as well have run noo missiles or NARC for all the good SRMs were doing when it really counted.

#37 Helmer

• Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 06 June 2014 - 06:08 PM, said:

This is great news.

I'm really liking the short and sweet CC posts ... what else are you guys working on?

I heard they are working on some silly looking new Clam 'mechs or something.

Cheers.

#38 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 609 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

Was running my splatcat just last night in hopes that SRM hit detection would soon be fixed! Maybe I can turn up the kills!!!!!!!

#39 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

Alright - if the SRM fix fully works like we all want, I'm calling this one officially -

Ambushing poptarts/LRM boats/snipers with an SRM boat fast striker medium/light/fast heavy will be dubbed 'The Buckington maneuver'. Also applicable as 'Who wants to come with me for a Buckington?' which means fast SRM mechs flanking for a brutal brawling strike.

Nice update, simple and to the point with credit given to the hardworking folks who made it happen (thank you all!) and giving us news we've wanted for a while.

Just hotfix it in tomorrow ;)

#40 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

However, due to all these awesome things happening on June 17, Clan Mechs have been delayed to June 17..... 2015

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users