#41 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

View PostCimarb, on 07 June 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

I am still hoping these changes are just tests to see if they can balance different manufacturer variants of the weapons. THAT is what I want out of CW - real weapons variants that depend on what planets you hold.

You and me both.

#42 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

View PostKhobai, on 07 June 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

You just have to think of it like 2 CERPPCs = 3 ISPPCs and then its fine.

Except, Ghost Heat.

#43 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:03 PM

Except, Ghost Heat.

Yeah but the CERPPCs also do 10 splash damage.

So its like firing two PPCs into one location then firing a third PPC a half second later and hitting a different spot.

Its similar I mean.

#44 EgoSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

Clan Mechs better get true DHS then because ERPPC's are DOA and don't have an alternative. They are way too hot to use now on the IS mechs, and with a 5 point spread mechanic it kills the benefits of the extra 5 damage since it will often be waste/lost damage (not on target -e.g. CT shot hits LT/RT, or on dead component). Or they need to drop the heat down to 11 or 12. 15 heat with nerfed MWO heat scales/DHS means every stock Clan ERPPC mech is DOA.

Good for the IS mechs, I guess many of the pundits were right - Clan mechs are nerfed to the point where the IS Franken mechs are going to out hit and out DPS the clans.

And before the "But Clan DHS only takes up two slots" come in, so what? How many builds are slot limited? It still weighs a ton - look at the stock configs, it's not like you can just add 5 or 10 DHS cuz they have the space...

Edited by EgoSlayer, 07 June 2014 - 10:06 PM.

#45 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

The ENTIRE Balance Crew (minus Roland) hanging around waiting to pounce on Paul's numbers. Do you guys have jobs? Or do you perhaps work for Google? <3 (I would say "oh wait, it's Saturday night, but why do I feel like you'd be here regardless? Just joshin' ya.)

View PostKoniving, on 07 June 2014 - 08:55 PM, said:

So, ultimately every concept, every idea, everything ever spouted about ways to help reduce pinpoint damage and de-meta the game for the Inner sphere to develop a fun experience for all... has been applied exclusively to the Clans.

Between that and UI2.0 feedback, I'm seeing a pattern: feedback isn't ignored, it's just delayed for 8-12 months before it reappears on their docket.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 07 June 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#46 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 07 June 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

Unfortunately we have not had the time to get this fully working for the Clan launch.

Why not?

Vague statements like that lead to speculation like this: http://4x.reddit.com..._update/ci20nfp

I know this writeups are time-consuming, and I know that you're not exactly responsible to combat community silliness, but more details really help idle speculation like the above.

#47 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:11 PM

So, ultimately every concept, every idea, everything ever spouted about ways to help reduce pinpoint damage and de-meta the game for the Inner sphere to develop a fun experience for all... has been applied exclusively to the Clans.

I wouldnt say every concept/idea. But burst fire ACs and arcing damage PPCs have gained a lot of popularity on the forums in recent months, just because those ideas made sense, and were fairly easy for PGI to implement. Ive also been saying for a while theyd have to limit gauss somehow, so its not surprising to see the charge limit of 2. Its just something that had to happen for the Daishi to not completely break the game.

feedback isn't ignored,

feedback is selectively ignored. ecm still hasnt been fixed for example :P

Edited by Khobai, 07 June 2014 - 10:17 PM.

#48 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

Do I understand correctly? Are burst-fire autocannons being implemented in the game after all? OMG OMG OMG :P

The day may not be too far when we see same treatment with IS cannons too, with different models of same rating having same DPS but firing a different number of slugs in a burst? I'm very excited! :D

#49 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:18 PM

View PostKhobai, on 07 June 2014 - 10:11 PM, said:

feedback is selectively ignored. ecm still hasnt been fixed for example :P

It did get the hard counters we wanted, though.

#50 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:21 PM

It did get the hard counters we wanted, though.

yeah but when you need 6 hard counters (ecm, bap, tag, narc, ppc, uav) to keep an item in check, its probably a good indication its overpowered :P

#51 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:22 PM

Wait...they haven't said a thing about lasers!

How will Clan tech affect my WubBHawk?!

This level of information...is

Posted Image

Will we learn the increased burn time for pulse lasers before the 17th?

#52 Prc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 189 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires - Argentina

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

I hope you guys decide to do the same with the IS ppc would help a LOT

#53 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:25 PM

Will we learn the increased burn time for pulse lasers before the 17th?

I hope its only 0.25 seconds longer for normal lasers. And maybe 0.15 longer for pulses.

Wait...they haven't said a thing about lasers!

yeah or if clan heavy lasers are being included. heavy lasers are a game changer. its like being able to slot two large lasers into a single hardpoint for half the tonnage, and only slightly more heat.

EDIT: i just checked and theyre 3059. for some reason i thought they were 3050 tech.

Edited by Khobai, 07 June 2014 - 10:39 PM.

#54 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

View PostKhobai, on 07 June 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

You just have to think of it like 2 CERPPCs = 3 ISPPCs and then its fine.

Problem is, using the Adder as an example, you get the heat of 3 PPCs but not the damage (splash damage to two diffrent nearby location and 20 to the target area does not really equal 30 damage pinpoint IS ERPPC).

And regarding the lore, yes as I said, I think they need to recognize WHY it was like it was in the TT and then modify it (like they have done with so much else in the game, 1.4 DHS anyone?) to be viable. If Clans would have 2 DHS efficiency, then it would work, but they will most likely not have that since it would unbalance a lot of other builds.

Neither of us have played these weapons, so of course we dont know how it will actually work once in game, but I belive (based on my testing a Jenner built as an Adder prime with 2 ERPPCs) that it will not be "balanced". I could of course be wrong /shrug.

(Edit: Oh btw, what happened to the Clan HUD info? Did I miss it?)

Edited by Cavendish, 07 June 2014 - 10:34 PM.

#55 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:37 PM

Problem is, using the Adder as an example, you get the heat of 3 PPCs but not the damage (splash damage to two diffrent nearby location and 20 to the target area does not really equal 30 damage pinpoint IS ERPPC).

It does if you have to fire the PPCs 2/1 because of ghost heat. Then they do 20+10 damage. Which is what the CERPPCs do. So the damage pattern is actually very similar.

#56 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

This made me a very happy clanner. Though I see why clans will not become the Meta, I am very much looking forward to playing those shiny Mechs.

#57 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

Wow more good information! Where ever you have buried the old pgi don't tell me, keep it secret forever.

#58 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

Can't wait to own in my gold TimberCat :P

#59 Cavendish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 410 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

View PostKhobai, on 07 June 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

It does if you have to fire the PPCs 2/1 because of ghost heat. Then they do 20+10 damage. Which is what the CERPPCs do. So the damage pattern is actually very similar.

Edit: missread your post, my appologies.

My issue is that some clan mechs are loaded for special builds (2xCERPPC for example) yet will not be able to preform with that build. If they did what they are supposed to do it would be overpowered as you pointed out (50% better damage, lighter and less crits? Wont work), so I would have wanted to see an increase in hardpoints availible on the omnipod (in this case 2/2 energy for example) so I got the choise to replace the non-effective 30 heat prime build with something (4 x ER medium laser?) that would be useful.

Edited by Cavendish, 07 June 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#60 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

View PostKhobai, on 07 June 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

Except most of the time you're going to lose at least 2.5 points of damge on the Clan ERPPCs - arm or leg hits are automatic damage reduction of 2.5 points because there is only one adjacent section. Torso hits with missing adjacent sections are going to be the same thing. CT shots on Zombie mechs likely get 5 damage reduction from Clan ERPPCs unless it does down spread to the legs but the message here indicates RT/LT are the adjacent sections for CT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users