44 replies to this topic

#1 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:21 AM

I'm talking of course of the colors (or camos) painted on the Clan forces used in Operation Revival. A few players have requested this information for myself or others, so I thought it would be a good idea to post it up. Of course these paint schemes were canonized either by any of the official source material or offically sanctioned to CSO by the Battletech game developers. Additionally this will provide a resource of which units of which clans were used during the Invasion (as dictated by canon).

Clan Wolf OOB

When not using appropriate camo or designated scheme, Wolf units paint their equipment in flat grays.

Clan Command

Golden Keshik (Accenting their machines and armor in gold is the Keshik's only nod to special colors)
Clan Wolf Naval Reserve (mid-gray color scheme)

Alpha Galaxy

Alpha uses a brown or reddish-brown paint scheme, with dark accents.

(Golden Keshik)
13th Wolf Guards Cluster
328th Assault Cluster
4th Wolf Guards Cluster
279th Battle Cluster

Beta Galaxy

Beta Galaxy uses primarily white and gray paint

Silver Keshik (The Silver Keshik displays a distinct paint scheme from the rest of Beta Galaxy. A brown base color is decorated in a subtle rippled effect of lighter and darker browns. Olive green panels and silver highlights complete the scheme.)
341st Assault Cluster
352nd Assault Cluster
3rd Battle Cluster

Gamma Galaxy

Gamma Galaxy employs a green scheme that fades to brown at the feet.

Bronze Keshik (The Bronze Keshik uses gray base with 2-tone mottled green camo pattern. Selected panels on the torso, lower arms and lower legs are painted bronze.)
7th Battle Cluster
16th Battle Cluster
11th Battle Cluster

Delta Galaxy

Delta Galaxy paints their machines in a lowland camouflage. The bottom half of their units are predominantly gray with black accents; the remaining top half is a medium brown with random black triangles.

Red Keshik (The Red Keshik paints its machines dark grey, which blends into red-brown highlights on the upper surfaces and select panels.)
11th Wolf Guards Cluster
37th Striker Cluster
4th Striker Cluster

Epsilon Galaxy

I have no information on Epsilon Galaxy's overall paint scheme. (Just as well as Comstar lost track of them in 3054)

Green Keshik (The Green Keshik employs the colors of Terra's North American Grey Wolf. Light grey on the upper half of Mechs (front of aero/vehicles) and white for the lower half of Mechs (rear of aero/vehicles). Red highlights are added for contrast at the warrior's discretion.)
Nega Garrison Cluster
Choyer Garrison Cluster
Gurbeng Garrison Cluster
Dorbeng Garrison Cluster

Clan Jade Falcon OOB

The Generic Jade Falcon Paint Scheme is a Jade Green with Yellow Highlights, also the key scheme for Delta Galaxy

Clan Command

Turkina Keshik (The Turkina Keshik tends to paint brightly colored turquise and lime green mechs often times with murals of Falcons on the mechs torso, some of the more esoteric warriors will go so far as to weave synthetic feathers across the torso and back of thier mechs)
Clan Jade Falcon Naval Reserve (A dark falcon-green base color is used, with lighter green and bronze highlights. The color is often used in a stylized feather pattern around the bows)

Jade Falcon Galaxy

Gamma (Jade Falcon) Galaxy uses appropriate camouflage. Clusters trim their machines and equipment with jade, except the 9th Talon, which has blue trim.

Galaxy Command Star
Jade Falcon Guards
3rd Falcon Talon Cluster
7th Falcon Regulars Cluster
9th Talon Cluster (Has blue trim)
12th Falcon Regulars
Jade Eyrie Cluster
Jade Solahma Cluster

Gyrfalcon Galaxy

The machines of Delta (Gyrfalcon) Galaxy are painted in a bright green with yellow highlights.

Galaxy Command Star
1st Falcon Striker Cluster
2nd Falcon Jaegers Cluster
5th Battle Cluster
305th Assault Cluster
Gyrfalcon Eyrie Cluster
Gyrfalcon Solahma Cluster

Peregrine Galaxy

Vau (Peregrine) Galaxy uses a simple scheme of gray with blood red highlights. Bloodnamed warriors may trim their equipment with gold.

Galaxy Command Star
1st Falcon Velites
4th Falcon Talon Cluster
4th Falcon Velites
8th Falcon Regulars Cluster
89th Falcon Striker Cluster
94th Striker Cluster
124th Striker Cluster
Peregrine Eyrie Cluster
Peregrine Solahma

Clan Ghost Bear OOB

Ghost Bear BattleMechs and armored vehicles are most often painted in a winter camouflage scheme of grays and whites, unless terrain conditions mandate other colors. In front-line units, 'Mechs are trimmed with blue accents

Clan Command

Ourse Keshik (The Ourse Keshik paints its equipment in mottled light blues, with light and/or dark gray highlights.)
Clan Ghost Bear Naval Reserve (Ever pragmatic, the Bears use a solid slate gray scheme)

Alpha Galaxy

Alpha Galaxy uses shaded charcoal greys, blended with a blue/grey camo pattern and white dotting. The dotting is outlined in crescent moon-style black trimming.

Silveroot Keshik (The Silverroot Keshik's 'Mechs are pure white with bloody triple-claw marks on each forearm, upper leg, and each side torso (extending from the front to each respective shoulder.))
1st Bear Guards
3rd Bear Guards
50th Striker Cluster

Beta Galaxy

Beta Galaxy usually paints its machines in arctic camouflage. For parade, a dark blue with white and slate gray trim is used. A pattern of white and slate gray resembling cracked ice encircles the waist and arms of 'Mechs, the body of vehicles, and the wings of aerospace fighters.

Shrill Keshik
18th Bear Chevaliers
304th Assault Cluster
332nd Assault Cluster
14th Battle Cluster

Delta Galaxy

Delta Galaxy uses shades of light and dark grays painted in a faded pattern. They accent their 'Mechs and Battle Armor with light blue highlights

Jorgensson's Keshik
8th Bear Cuirassiers
73rd Battle Cluster
68th Striker Cluster
115th Striker Cluster
140th Striker Cluster

Clan Smoke Jaguar OOB

Clan Smoke Jaguar's generic paint scheme is grey. However it is traditional to have jaguar spot camo.

Clan Command

Jaguar's Den Command Trinary (The Jaguars' Den paints their 'Mechs a dark smoky grey with blue smoky grey highlights and heavy gold panelling.)
Shroud Keshik Command Trinary
Clan Smoke Jaguar Naval Reserve (uses a basic gray mottle color scheme with prominent areas of the super-structure highlighted with a light or dark gray. Less prominent sections of the hull are often painted in a dark tan.)

Alpha Galaxy

Alpha Galaxy uses a flat gray scheme with jaguar spots on the upper surfaces of 'Mechs and vehicles.

Jaguar's Spirit Keshik
Jaguar Grenadiers
5th Jaguar Regulars
6th Jaguar Dragoons
7th Jaguar Dragoons
122nd Striker Cluster

Beta Galaxy

Beta Galaxy paints its 'Mechs in a multilayered grey camouflage consisting of horizontal streaks, meant to represent a mist. Bloodnamed warriors paint large felid eyes on the torso of their 'Mechs, and may even add other felid features as well. Kills are marked by smaller pairs of eyes placed randomly on the 'Mech, though some warriors have taken to placing them near the weapons which delivered the final blow. The Elementals of Beta Galaxy have been seen in both this scheme and the traditional jaguar spot camo.

Swath Keshik
1st Jaguar Guards
3rd Attack Cluster
214th Jaguar Dragoons
225th Jaguar Battle Cluster
362nd Assault Cluster

Delta Galaxy

Delta Galaxy's color scheme is a medium and dark gray mottle with yellow highlights.

Skyriders Keshik
1st Striker Cluster
3rd Jaguar Cavaliers
4th Jaguar Dragoons
19th Striker Cluster

Clan Nova Cat OOB

Clan Nova Cat in it's entirety overwhelmingly favors applicable camouflage, paint schemes is normally used for Parade and Shock Operations

Clan Command

CLAN COMBINED COMMAND
Nova Cat Keshik
Clan Nova Cat Naval Reserve

Alpha Galaxy

Alpha Galaxy sometimes uses a scheme of black with a stream of blue stars, painted along the center chest of 'Mechs and Battle Armor and along the fuselage of aerospace fighters.

Vision Keshik
4th Nova Cat Guards
448th Assault Cluster
489th Assault Cluster

Sigma Galaxy

I have no information on Sigma Galaxy's overall paint scheme.

178th Striker Cluster
44th Nova Cat Cavaliers
Nova Cat Lancers

Clan Steel Viper OOB

Clan Steel Viper has two "Generic" Paint Schemes. The first is SLDF OD Green with Iridescent Green Snakeskin patterns on large flat sections on the equipment. The second is Steel Toned bottoms with a Black center and unique highlights on arms, wings, etc

Clan Command

Triasch Keshik
Steel Viper Naval Reserve

Alpha Galaxy

Alpha Galaxy warriors display a bold steel-grey and blood-red striped scheme on their equipment.

1st Viper Guards
2nd Viper Guards
4th Viper Guards
400th Assault

Beta Galaxy

Beta Galaxy uses a burnt steel paint scheme with metallic green accents and panels of a dark green snake scale pattern.

Viper Fusiliers
126th Striker
195th Striker

Gamma Galaxy

Gamma painted its machines a gun metal blue-grey with a Steel Viper snake skin covering many of the surfaces. Once the invasion was underway, the warriors of Gamma Galaxy changed their scheme to use the serpents of Terra.

51st Battle Cluster
57th Striker Cluster
94th Battle Cluster
423rd Assault Cluster
428th Assault Cluster

Zeta Galaxy

The machines of Zeta Galaxy are usually left a bright silver

First Fang
Second Fang
Thirty-eighth Phalanx
Seventy-first Phalanx

Clan Diamond Shark OOB

Clan Diamond Shark's overall paint scheme is a mix of greens and blues.

Clan Command

Diamond Keshik
Diamond Shark Naval Reserve

Alpha Galaxy

Alpha Galaxy warriors paint their 'Mechs dark blue with black trim.

(Diamond Keshik)
19th Heavy Cluster
39th Strike Cluster

Gamma Galaxy

Gamma Galaxy employs a dark green color scheme with blue and silver accenting.

222nd Assault
369th Striker

Omega Galaxy

The Galaxy employs a color scheme of dark green with blood-red accents

3rd Shark Regulars

If I am in error or missing something that you have a source to refer to let me know so I can add it here. However I wish not for it to become a debate, so please have a source material that is canon and not "on sarna"

Notes:
  • I am aware of SaKhan Posavatz's retinue and a Star of 'Mechs from Clan Goliath Scorpion. I would assume that they would use either the standard paint scheme for CGS's Beta Galaxy (sandy beige or gold with black accents.) or which ever camo the CSV unit they were with was using at the time. Given that was the only part of the Scorpions that went the Inner Sphere, I could see it as quite feasible that he recruited his retinue from across the scorpions. (and thus many other paint schemes)
  • I wanted to fact check on if Clan Wolf's Gamma, Delta, and Epsilon Galaxies and the different Keshiks prior to the split were the same colors as they are post. I would assume they would be, but that's just assumed based on information I haven't found yet.
  • Also a large quantity of the Clans Fleets were reservists from Clan Snow Raven, whose Fleet Assets employ Pure White. Though on board aerospace fighters may be painted in the Galaxy colors that the ship is assigned to.
References:

Tabletop Battletech Super Nerd JPArbiter (Listen to his podcast on ourbattletech.com)
http://www.camospecs.com/
FM Warden Clans
FM Crusader Clans
Invading Clans Sourcebook
Jade Falcon Sourcebook
Wolf Sourcebook
AeroTech 2 Revised Edition
Era Report: 3052

Correction Posts:

CyclonerM's Reminder of Clan Wolf's different colors
Will9761's Filling in Clan Ghost Bear's generic colors
Will9761's Filling in Clan Smoke Jaguar's generic colors

Edited by Deadfire, 08 June 2014 - 12:18 PM.

#2 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

I am quite sure that the "Clan Wolf" section of CamoSpecs refers to the Crusader Wolves after the split, while the Wolves-in-Exile retained the paint schemes of the original Clan Wolf.

#3 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:17 AM

^^ Afaik this is correct

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostZerberus, on 08 June 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

^^ Afaik this is correct

And that Crusader Clans sourcebook listed as source for the CW camos first gave me something to think about.. :P

#5 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

Clan Ghost Bear Colors:
"Ghost Bear BattleMechs and armored vehicles are most often painted in a winter camouflage scheme of grays and whites, unless terrain conditions mandate other colors. In front-line units, 'Mechs are trimmed with blue accents."

- Field Manual: Warden Clans
Page.85, Clan Ghost Bear

These colors appear in different Galaxy patterns on camospecs.
http://camospecs.com/Faction.asp?ID=35

#6 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:33 AM

So if I'm a diamond shark warrior I can rock a green and blue Camo pattern?

also aren't those all ceremony colors. I thought the clans paint mechs depending on the battle area. So basically all black or all white if on snowy planet

#7 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:56 AM

So if I'm a diamond shark warrior I can rock a green and blue Camo pattern?

also aren't those all ceremony colors. I thought the clans paint mechs depending on the battle area. So basically all black or all white if on snowy planet

#8 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:33 AM

The generic color for Clan Smoke Jaguar is gray.
http://camospecs.com...tion.asp?ID=172

Edited by Will9761, 08 June 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#9 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 08 June 2014 - 05:55 AM, said:

I am quite sure that the "Clan Wolf" section of CamoSpecs refers to the Crusader Wolves after the split, while the Wolves-in-Exile retained the paint schemes of the original Clan Wolf.

View PostCyclonerM, on 08 June 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

And that Crusader Clans sourcebook listed as source for the CW camos first gave me something to think about.. :P

Aff, It was late when I made the post and was meaning to go back and correct this. I wanted to fact check on if Gamma, Delta, and Epsilon Galaxies and the different Keshiks prior to the split were the same colors as they are post. I would assume they would be, but that's just assumed based on information I haven't found yet. For now I have changed Alpha, Beta, and the Golden Keshik color information.

The new Clan Wolf has kept all the old wolf standards, Galaxy insignias and uniforms, partly because we abhor waste and partly to stay connected to our history and identity. Khan Ward, however has cast asidethe different rituals once held dear by each front-line Galaxy. As the Galaxies have been created anew, so have the rites that bind them

-FM: Crusader Clans, page 140

Proud of their heritage, the exiled Wolves have kept their Clan's standards [...]

-FM: Warden Clans, page 158

View PostWill9761, on 08 June 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

Clan Ghost Bear Colors:
"Ghost Bear BattleMechs and armored vehicles are most often painted in a winter camouflage scheme of grays and whites, unless terrain conditions mandate other colors. In front-line units, 'Mechs are trimmed with blue accents."

- Field Manual: Warden Clans
Page.85, Clan Ghost Bear

These colors appear in different Galaxy patterns on camospecs.
http://camospecs.com/Faction.asp?ID=35

View PostWill9761, on 08 June 2014 - 09:33 AM, said:

The generic color for Clan Smoke Jaguar is gray.
http://camospecs.com...tion.asp?ID=172

Aff, again a victim of posting so late in the evening. I did mean to go back and correct, alas thank you and they have been corrected :P

#10 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

You're welcome, one question though. What does OOB mean?

Edited by Will9761, 08 June 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#11 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

Light green or any shades of green are common colors of the Jade Falcon Clan.
http://camospecs.com/Faction.asp?ID=39

Edited by Will9761, 08 June 2014 - 12:36 PM.

#12 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostWill9761, on 08 June 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

You're welcome, one question though. What does OOB mean?

It means Order of Battle, I use that as the Clans did not commit all their active Touman during the Operation.

In addition I have made many more edits as my good friend James (other wise known as Tabletop Battletech Super Nerd JPArbiter) helped fill in a few things and corrected a few others. (You all really should listen to his podcast on www.ourbattletech.com he does really good work with it, and filled with tons of lore for us BT nerds)

Edited by Deadfire, 08 June 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#13 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:34 AM

Wait, so what Clan do these belong to again? Posted Image

#14 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

View Post101011, on 09 June 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

Clan Piranha

#15 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:50 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 09 June 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

Clan Piranha

They're good generic colours that could be used as highlights or bases in the camo schemes of other clans, but together they are a mishmash of ugly nonsense.

#16 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 09 June 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

They're good generic colours that could be used as highlights or bases in the camo schemes of other clans, but together they are a mishmash of ugly nonsense.

I feel it would have been better to offer a choice of different Clan color schemes, and purchasers could choose one to unlock.

#17 Raigner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 132 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

Clan Smoke Jaguar Omega Galaxy is Black with the standard smoke Jaguar spotted camo ether in gray or white.

View Post101011, on 09 June 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

Take a good long look at the colors of the ghost bear ring. Otherwise I am betting clan Spaniel

Edited by Raigner, 09 June 2014 - 10:28 AM.

#18 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

Orange- Clan Wolf
Lime Green- Clan Jade Falcon
Black- Clan Smoke Jaguar

#19 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

View PostRaigner, on 09 June 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

Clan Smoke Jaguar Omega Galaxy is Black with the standard smoke Jaguar spotted camo ether in gray or white.

Take a good long look at the colors of the ghost bear ring.

Posted Image
Okay...?

View PostWill9761, on 09 June 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

Orange- Clan Wolf
Lime Green- Clan Jade Falcon
Black- Clan Smoke Jaguar

Clan Wolf is brown and red, and Smoke Jaguar is grey. Lime is the only color there that makes much sense. Besides, where is Clan Ghost Bear in there? If they had wanted to represent the Big 4, why not just unlock 4 colors, one representing each faction?

#20 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:43 AM

View Post101011, on 09 June 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

Clan Wolf is brown and red, and Smoke Jaguar is grey. Lime is the only color there that makes much sense. Besides, where is Clan Ghost Bear in there? If they had wanted to represent the Big 4, why not just unlock 4 colors, one representing each faction?

Even though red and brown are common colors of Clan Wolf, orange has also been known as a favorite color as well.

Edited by Will9761, 09 June 2014 - 12:42 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users