• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 101 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

• radar deprivation
  • Clan gauss and ER PPCs(some spread?)
  • Clan targeting computer
More pin point pop tart meta on the way?

ether way we will see next week.

Edited by Shaio, 10 June 2014 - 06:28 PM.

#102 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

From the urban dictionary:
"pay-to-win
Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying"

Come June 17th, we have gear that is better and uniquely available to those who pay. Sounds like pay2win to me. I'd love to have an official explanation on how this in not pay2win.

Edited by Jonathan Paine, 10 June 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#103 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

View PostJonathan Paine, on 10 June 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

A website less reliable than wikipedia.

Try an actual dictionary.

Edit: I am not dissing (or at least not trying to) your attempt there (though I disagree with it) but if you want support you are going to want a more reliable source

Edited by Shar Wolf, 10 June 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#104 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

Ok... so badges are shown.

what are the titles?

#105 Valdemaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

View PostJonathan Paine, on 10 June 2014 - 06:26 PM, said:

"pay-to-win
Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying"

Come June 17th, we have gear that is better and uniquely available to those who pay. Sounds like pay2win to me. I'd love to have an official explanation on how this in not pay2win.

The Clan Pack is as 'Pay to Win' the same as the Phoenix pack was. Everything is available for those who pay with real money now and available later for everyone else to purchase with in game currency. So, not really 'Pay to Win' but more 'Pay for Early Advantage' It's not that difficult to understand really although I guess P2W is a better acronym than PfEA.

#106 Abaddonis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

These sounds are broadcast in the match? Ever been in a match with 2-3 Heavy Metal? Metal rifts aplenty. Now with a bunch of Clown....er Clan mechs, it's going to be ridiculous.

Bad idea, PGI. Par for the course for you guys, but bad idea.

#107 Grimm Peaper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 175 posts
  • LocationEnjoys long walks with Assault mechs

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

The radar deprivation module is obviously OP. Please rework it before you release it.
The war-horn sounds are awful. A falcon scream, wolf howl, etc would have been much better.
The graphics for the warhorns look really out of place in a mech cockpit. I hope you have an option for no graphic.

I normally like what you guys do, but these are either awful or OMG OP (i.e. radar deprivation module). Please try again.

#108 Devayner

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • Locationcolorado

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

I loved the horn in the factory in Mercs.

#109 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Yeah I STRONGLY suggest a Warhorn Sounds Off option in the options>sounds; After a few hours of hearing some of the dumber ones i'll hurt someone.

#110 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

View PostValdemaar, on 10 June 2014 - 06:55 PM, said:

I guess P2W is a better acronym than PfEA.

P2GEA?

#111 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

So.. where the hell is LAMS?

"Researched first by Clan Wolf in 3045, (in production by 3048) and by the Federated Commonwealth in 3054 (in production by 3059), the Laser Anti-Missile System (LAMS) is an advanced variation of the standard Anti-Missile Systems fielded by both Inner Sphere and Clan militaries.

While the standard system utilizes a machine gun linked to specialized tracking systems, the LAMS uses a Small Pulse Laser, ensuring that the system never runs out of ammunition. It still has the same effect of reducing the roll on the cluster table by 4, however a laser system destroys the entire incoming volley on a net result of 1 or less.

While solving the frequent lament of the ammunition dependent standard system, the disadvantage is that even with the strength of each laser pulse reduced to the minimum required to destroy missiles, the heat build-up is much more significant.

The LAMS can be mounted both on BattleMechs and vehicles. As its heat build-up is high, the unit with an LAMS must carry enough heat sinks to counter the higher output it produces (5 heat points for Clan, 7 for Inner Sphere)."

http://www.sarna.net...-Missile_System

#112 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostIron Harlequin, on 10 June 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

So.. where the hell is LAMS?

I don't know - but when they re-built Phelan's Wolfhound into the Wolfhound 2C they told him they didn't have one to put on it.

IE: They wanted to put an AMS on it - but since they did not want to put an ammunition based system on an ammunition free design
They may have been making them in this time period - but that doesn't mean it was actually in production.

Edit: typo

Sorry for the awkward phrasing

Edited by Shar Wolf, 10 June 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#113 Metafox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't have a dixie horn warhorn.

#114 CarnageINC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

I really hope PGI implements a toggle to eliminate the warhorns. They sound horrible and in my opinion the clanners are not into dub step garbage horn tooting.

For those of you who haven't seen this video on OutreachHPG posted by AveDominusNox, take a look at the future....

#115 KreepyKrawly

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 66 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

The warhorns sound pathetic, I was hoping for something like this...

#116 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostCarnageINC, on 10 June 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

I really hope PGI implements a toggle to eliminate the warhorns. They sound horrible and in my opinion the clanners are not into dub step garbage horn tooting.

For those of you who haven't seen this video on OutreachHPG posted by AveDominusNox, take a look at the future....

I saw this video before I saw this thread... I thought it was hilarious then I realized that was what the horns are actually gonna do.

The Heavy Metal was not as bad cause it was unique and rarely heard... I hope I can mute the clan horns and not the heavy metal, or something. I also think the Heavy Metal should override the clan horns

Edited by cSand, 10 June 2014 - 07:50 PM.

#117 Lostdragon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

I hope for the love of all that is holy there is a way to disable warhorn sounds.

#118 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:58 PM

View PostWM Xitomatl, on 10 June 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

These horns look downright silly, childish, and toylike. I could accept that in a joke of a 'mech like the Locust, but not in any Clan 'mech.

But you miss the point. The people who want to use warhorns -are- silly, childish, and want toys. They want a big noise when they achieve a kill, like it's a sporting event or a cartoon. In actuality, no Clan mech would have any warhorn, as it would be seen as the mark of a warrior with an inferiority complex. Also, blaring a sound every time you crushed an insect with your mech's feet would be a very quick way to tell the enemy where you are. And that would lead to a Trial of Grievance against the warhorn-using pilot, removing them from their Star as a threat to the warriors around them.

So, it makes perfect sense to have warhorns be stupid and silly. That is what they are for. Anyone who is looking for serious combat will have alot of more important things to listen for than a special effect only designed to distract the pilot.

Edited by Jakob Knight, 10 June 2014 - 08:02 PM.

#119 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

I don't like the idea of Warhorns because they're going to be immersion-breakers for me. They're not well thought out and integrated with the setting they've created.

For example, 3PV drones are the perfect example of how much they cared for consistency in their game. It solves both a gameplay and an immersion problem at the same time, while fitting into a Battletech setting.

Warhorns, not much. It's like they didn't sit down and think "Ok, if Clans really used these things in BT, what would they play?". The obvious choices would probably the be the sounds of the animals of the Clans they were fighting for. This would be more immersive and reinforce the idea of people actually fighting for their clans. What do we have instead? Just a bunch of random sounds you'd expect in a "teenage" game like LoL, or like someone else in this thread said "Sounds you'd expect to hear in an Arcade."

Forcing these on players will annoy some purely because of the way they sound, and annoy some purely because they're immersion-breakers.

It'd have been best if they just played the sound where it belongs, in cockpit. Heavy Metal gets a free-ticket because it's unique in a sense that it exists in lore, has external speakers and is extremely rare on the battlefield.

If they really want people to show off their "swag", then give the option to disable these Warhorn sounds for those who don't want to hear this childish BS.

Edited by Tahribator, 10 June 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#120 unFearing

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

Important question: will the leg module allow faster movement than 15 kph while under fire? or just when not under fire?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users