Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

View PostCev Lost, on 10 June 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

Everyone is worried bout war horns, but has anyone noticed that the mods listed don't include the 5th? Yet front page of this post reads as ALL. Did we miss something in posts some where and updating the buy it page? Or is this bait and switch tactics?

It's probably the bonus module that comes with the Gold mechs.

#62 JDH4mm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

View PostBull Frog, on 10 June 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

Seriously ? Warhorns will broadcast those annoying sounds to everyone in hearing range ? It wasn't so bad when it was restricted to one fairly expensive Hero mech. Brace yourselves for warhorn spam :(

I'm trying to find something constructive to say here...

Here goes, if I choose to mount those things in my cockpit, I would be the only one to have to deal with them.

Good thing im deaf then =D

#63 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostCHH Badkarma, on 10 June 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Funny how one sounds like the tripods from war of the worlds....

All we need now is an Ares to put it in.

#64 Sam Hall

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

This is the warhorn i want / would use:

#65 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

The "legged" module (Speed Retention) is useless. If it were to at least remove the "stunlock" (15kph speed when hit), you'd at least have something of use.

Completely useless for faster mechs... it has minimal use for Assaults/Heavies.

Everyone who has a clue will be picking up the "Radar Deprivation" module. New mandatory module since the original release of the Seismic Module.

Enhanced (logo has it spelled "Enchanced" at the moment") NARC doesn't seem that nifty (it's pretty good as is... when it hits).

It's hard to quantify the Shock Absorbance module when we don't have the falling damage revamp in play. It will be useless til then (well, maybe not so much for lights...).

I'm not sure how much use the AMS Overload module will get, but it will depend on the skill of the player. Those relying on dual AMS may benefit a lot more, but really, it's not that much of a buff outside of reducing the "ammo explosion" payload.

Also, +1 for the mute Warhorn/Heavy Metal option please.

Edited by Deathlike, 10 June 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#66 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

View PostBarHaid, on 10 June 2014 - 01:47 PM, said:

Um, "Preasure Chamber"? :( You Clanners are some weird cats.

You mean... ..pleasure chamber... :D

I want to know what the deal is with the sonic boom, sounds more like dubsteb lol.

Wuuuub wub wub wuuub wuuuub wubb!

Posted Image

Edited by White Bear 84, 10 June 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#67 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

AMS increased by 10%.... uh, does that even make a difference?

Also, I know you'll add more warhorns but 0 reason why the iconic animal sounds weren't put in.

Edited by Ghost Bear, 10 June 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#68 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

Btw I dont know if anyone noticed but if you hover over a Clanpack you can see what the hanging items look like :(Posted Image

#69 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

The Radar Deprivation module is a BAD idea. Its going to become essential and therefore required, not balanced against the benefits of other modules.

#70 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Warhorns that would have made more sense:

Clan Wolf -----------------> Wolf Howl
Clan Jade Falcon -------> Falcon Scream
Clan Smoke Jaguar ----> Jaguar snarl/growl
Clan Ghost Bear --------> Bear Roar

Save the oddity/comical stuff for later, perhaps?

#71 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 10 June 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

I'm not sure how much use the AMS Overload module will get, but it will depend on the skill of the player. Those relying on dual AMS may benefit a lot more, but really, it's not that much of a buff outside of reducing the "ammo explosion" payload.

AMS fire rate x number of missles hit / increased range + lrm velocity = lolwut?

Idk, there is some fancy equation out there that could calculate how much more effective it would be for various volley e.g. 5/10/15/20. But it is not in my head. 10% could have a significant impact if you consider the number of shots fire, number of incoming lrms and the speed/time it takes the lrms to traverse that 10% range...

#72 Clideb50

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 194 posts
  • LocationMaine, United States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

Isobaric and yardsale are the two I like. Rest are kinda meh in my opinion. Personally I would've loved something like this:
http://youtu.be/CJyvm_lzevs?t=10s

Edited by Regulus1990, 10 June 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#73 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

looks like we don't get the radar drop module in the masakari package.

#74 Corbenik

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 10 June 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

looks like we don't get the radar drop module in the masakari package.

Probably Gold Mechs do

#75 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

so dose this mean the bonus module in the gold khan package is the radar deprivation?

#76 Aidan Pendragon

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 10 June 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

The Radar Deprivation module is a BAD idea. Its going to become essential and therefore required, not balanced against the benefits of other modules.

Totally agree. Was thinking this AM that one of the few weapons that can match Clans in range/damage is LRMs...now that will go right out the window, because Clan pilots will have this module. You think "poptarts" are bad now. I really think it'd be best to lay off playing this game for a few months until the massive imbalance of the Clans gets a little righted. PGI's track record with adding new elements in a balanced way is not great. They've had almost two years and are still futzing with AC ranges...imagine the Clans.

View PostAidan Pendragon, on 10 June 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

You think "poptarts" are bad now.

What, won't it let you write "popt@rds" on these forums? Le grand frère, PGI? Tres weak.

Edited by Aidan Pendragon, 10 June 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#77 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 10 June 2014 - 03:54 PM, said:

AMS increased by 10%.... uh, does that even make a difference?

Also, I know you'll add more warhorns but 0 reason why the iconic animal sounds weren't put in.

Add the 10% module with the AMS range one (level 5 version when it comes out) on a dual AMS mech, and you're going to be having a pretty good day strolling around in the open.

#78 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. Lunch truck is the only warhorn that interests me... reminds me of Solaris to much to pass up.

As for the mods, looking forward to the narc one :(

Edited by Dracol, 10 June 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#79 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

I think the Heavy Metal sounder works because it has two version...So even if you are near one and it get's two kills close together, you're not hearing the same thing all the time. I'd say it might be even rarer to hear it 3 or more times as the battlefield is fluid and often times you're not next to the HM the whole time....

IE, it works cuz there's two sounders. I think if warhorns came with more than one single sound they wouldn't become tiresome. And honestly, since they will be more prevalent (IE EVERY Mech can now do it), it might be worth considering 3 to 4 variations on each warhorn theme....

PS, I'm gonna need a roaring tiger sounder...thanks...xD

Edited by TygerLily, 10 June 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#80 F R A N C I S

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

I've paid my money, so have many others... the warhorns unfortunately are pretty pathetic. Considering that they were only available in the more expensive packs.

It really feels like you have missed an opportunity here to engage with the players. I know it's no longer BETA, but honestly that doesn't mean you guys can't put it out there. Even have a competition for Warhorns... you still can do this.

But honestly after hearing these warhorns, they sound like those crappy wav files we used to play to annoy the teacher in primary school on our apple plus personal computers. It looks like another half-baked product. Who;s idea was it to think these were cool? or would add to the experience? I really hope the in cockpit representations don't get in the way...

on the upside, although it's taken you guys WAY to long to reveal these (should have been within the first two months pre-order was made available), it seems like the incent "what do they do?!!!" has gotten through. Oh, but you still haven't revealed what are these "cosmetic" differences for the pre-order modules.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users