#81 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostCorbenik, on 10 June 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

Btw I dont know if anyone noticed but if you hover over a Clanpack you can see what the hanging items look like :(Posted Image

Hmmm mine does not show all that...

Edit: Nevermind!

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 10 June 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#82 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostAkagami, on 10 June 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

I'm not gonna look forward to hearing those obnoxious sounds being wailed every 30 seconds.

I just realized that!!!, my word. :( There will be no end.

#83 Jehdin

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

I just don't think I'll ever understand the thought process behind some of this stuff. How does such an awesome concept make it out the gate ending up like this? Who is designing this and thinking to themselves "Yes, this is what I would think a warhorn would sound and look like as I'm piloting a 100 ton machine of death"?? Is there anyone there that is taking a second look and saying "Umm, what is this??" I mean seriously....

I just don't get it. I really don't.

The Isobaric and Yardsale sound ok I guess but do the speakers really need to look like something out of the 60-70's?

Edited by Jehdin, 10 June 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#84 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 10 June 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

-snip-

Here is the direct link
Posted Image
Also I reached out to Russ to ask about the hanging cockpit items. They will in fact change depending on the votes recived.

http://twitter.com/r...503352952774656

#85 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

Clan wolf mug :(

#86 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

Soo Pleasure Chamber is going to be the classic 'OHH Yeah!!'. ? :(
  • Speed Retention - DOA.
  • Shock Absorbance - Looks like a good to buy for me since I use lights a lot. Not sure how will this work out with dynamic fall damage though. Could be useful or meaningless.
  • Radar Deprivation - Must buy for lights. A good Foff against the abundance of auto guided missile spammers nowadays.
  • AMS Overload - Looks like something I should get for Firestarter S... Double AMS, 3 Tons of AMS ammo, AMS range module and now AMS Overload... Good to love watching LRMers cry foul.
  • Enhance NARC - Looks like something 3Ls and Jenner K's should get for their spotting roles. This help LRMers.. Booo !

#87 Mister Dubis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

I like the Isobaric because it kind of reminds me of Godzilla and I love Godzilla.... the rest are kinda meh...

#88 Xoxim SC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 453 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:00 PM

These "war horns" are dumb as hell.

Edited by Todd Lightbringer, 10 June 2014 - 07:36 PM.

#89 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:18 PM

Won't sugar-coat it -- these sounds are awful. Like the idea, but this sounds like junk I'd pull off on a casio keyboard when I was 10. Definitely not the creepy, ominous sounds I'd expect to hear out of a clan mech. I think the "look" for the items is equally bad. Cheesy, garish... Not what you'd expect to see in a battlemech.

#90 SodaFizz

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

Wow....really underwhelmed here, I was excited to blast out an air raid siren, or hockey game type goal blasts, but wub wub wub, and the noises they picked are really quite....annoying and terrifyingly lame.

#91 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 10 June 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

Clan wolf mug :(

Far as I am aware there are only 3 mugs.

One for Founders
One for Pheonix
One for the Social Reward (which has the PGI MWO logo)

Having a Wolf mug would be cool though.

Edit: wrong logo for the social mug

Edited by Shar Wolf, 10 June 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#92 DrXitomatl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 138 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

Frankly (and I'm a big supporter of MWO and Piranha), these Warhorns are a big disappointment.

These horns look downright silly, childish, and toylike. I could accept that in a joke of a 'mech like the Locust, but not in any Clan 'mech. Just look at these and try to tell me you see the trinkets of a caste society based on Warfare:

Posted Image

And the sound? I literally thought it was a joke at first. A couple of them are kinda cool, but some of them just sound like clips of some generic dubstep music, or in the case of Surat, a robotic cat being strangled. I even like dubstep, but these are Warhorns, not dubstep loudspeakers, and when I'm in a match I want to feel like I'm in a battle, not a rave. If we don't have the ability to toggle hearing other people's warhorns, immersion will be seriously damaged.

I'm sure it's both too late to change and not a big enough deal to change, but I am disappointed.

Edited by WM Xitomatl, 10 June 2014 - 05:32 PM.

#93 Cev Lost

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 34 posts
  • LocationDS: Command

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostBilbo, on 10 June 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

You lost me. What is missing, exacly?

I think I figured it out

Mod 5 the Anti lock mod will be issued with Gold mechs

#94 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

Would be nice if we could use those Titles/Badges as Forum things like the Founder or Phoenix Icons people have :|

#95 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

What the ****, PGI?

#96 AgroAlba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 365 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:00 PM

Toggle please! :C I really don't want the immersion of this game ruined by these damned things at least 12 times per game.

Edited by AgroAntirrhopus, 10 June 2014 - 06:03 PM.

#97 Duncan Aravain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 416 posts
  • LocationBehind you with a sharp tool...er,mech

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

Just wonderful; all the people craving attention they don't get in real life will be out in force trying to be noticed in MWO. Just a modern day MMO version of rolling down your windows and cranking up the bass so everyone "sees" you. You want it in your cockpit and you hear it, no problem. Having 12+ on a battlefield sounding off breaks any immersion, yet alone makes it sound like a modern day Spike Jones is loose and running around. Horn mute button,please.

Edited by Duncan Aravain, 10 June 2014 - 06:10 PM.

#98 Randodan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostMister Dubis, on 10 June 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

I like the Isobaric because it kind of reminds me of Godzilla and I love Godzilla.... the rest are kinda meh...

I love Isobaric because it reminds me of the War of the World tripod warhorns:

Sadly, the coolest sounding warhorn comes with the most tacky looking cockpit item... :(

#99 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

Feedback on the War Horns later (stupid work computers aren't compatible with soundcloud, and I want to comment on both the in-cockpit items and the sounds together) ...

About the modules ...

Speed Retention ... no thanks.
- only useful when you're legged ...

Shock Absorbance ... wait and see.
- very interesting that it is so heavily weighted to help light 'mechs, and also interesting that it's coming out at the same time as fall damage changes ... no decision, until we have more details on new fall damage (but I doubt it will replace my current module load, even on a JR7-K).

Radar Deprivation ... superior for solo players who hate LRMs, possibly a life saver for scouts.
- this will be a tough choice for PUGing poptarts (it won't replace a strike, but could be an alternative for target info gathering or seismic sensor) ... it's interesting that it completely counters both normal target decay and the advanced target decay module (you'd think it wouldn't be a complete counter to the module, but OK).

AMS Overload ... probably not that useful.
- a 10% semi-buff (you'll run out of ammo faster, too) isn't that exciting.

Enhanced NARC ... very cool, not particularly useful, but interesting.
- 10s (+33%) duration increase, very cool ... 100 m/s (+20%) speed boost, cool ... I don't know if NARC (+ LRM support) will ever become "meta", but it could be fun in PUGs.

Overall, interesting additions to the module selection (much more than the weapon modules).

#100 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

Warhorns.. good idea but horrible sound choises!

Who actually thinks these sounds are good? Was the person chosing the sounds deaf or what?
I was hoping for animal sounds (for the clans) and cool music like fanfares or ride of the valkyries.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users