115 replies to this topic

#61 Pugnax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSometimes Canada

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:34 AM

I've watched this video many-a-time. Still get goosebumps.

#62 Liam Salem

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:05 AM

I think what everyone seems to forget is that the video is THAT person's renditions of battle mechs. Plus, with the animation style, it makes sense with how they would look. I mean, PGI changed the way battle mechs were supposed to look. The Awesome doesn't have the overly large protruding fins going above it's head, now does it? The quickdraw doesn't have the 360 degree cockpit?

Don't waste your time nitpicking the animation style. It fits with the animation style. Also, some mechs could move like that. I mean come on, the Blakists start plugging people INTO their mechs. Literally. There's even people who could make their mechs tip toe or do balle. Remember, MWO doesn't represent how mechs truly move. If anything, it's a horrible representation of what a mech's true movement capabilities are. Hands on a mech were terrifying for a reason in BattleTech lore.

That aside, i hope they get rights to do this. That'd definitely be something to watch. MOAR!

#63 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:54 AM

*Blind to the greatest threat the Inner Sphere has ever seen.

I'm sorry! I have OCD or something!

Looks great, by the way. Some of it (read: A Hunchback would lose its arm if it punched a Mad Cat) wouldn't work. But overall, pretty good.

Physics of Mechwarrior Thread, to help with any canon questions you have related to physical science. Plenty of very nice folks can help you there.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 19 October 2014 - 04:57 AM.

#64 SirDubDub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

Thanks for the discussion and ideas, guys. I really am working on getting a better style of art and animation for the next film, including a noobish foray into 3d modeling and animation. Weight and motion was tricky to pull off effectively in flash and I think the new blender mechs will perform better.

#65 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 19 October 2014 - 04:55 PM

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooo

cool.

#66 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostSirDubDub, on 19 October 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Thanks for the discussion and ideas, guys. I really am working on getting a better style of art and animation for the next film, including a noobish foray into 3d modeling and animation. Weight and motion was tricky to pull off effectively in flash and I think the new blender mechs will perform better.

I would love to see the new style, but I will also state that your current flash style is amazing. I watch that video every time I wanna get pumped up for MW:O and play nothing but IS.

#67 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:07 PM

Nicely done sir!

#68 masCh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 407 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:39 AM

Oh I soo want a Battletech movie. It should ideally start at the storyline period in BattleTech 2 Crescent Hawks Revenge.

I even hatched up my own plot..

#69 Nakamura Takeshi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:49 AM

Great work on this, crowdfund and do this for real!

I like the animation, look and feel of this piece. You did a great job selected the music. Now the hard part is getting good actors (voice talent) and good sound fx and such to go with your visuals, not to mention a good script to go with what you've started here.

My only "very small" critiques are this:

1. Keep in most part with the physics of the 'mechs, the Blackjack jumping from that height and landing without damage seemed odd to me.

2. The font seemed weird, more CGI than Anime, it didn't seem to fit with the images it was placed over.

3. That's it now go make us an awesome Mechwarrior movie.

I have donated to Kickstarter (indiegogo maybe better) and would gladly give money to a project like this (don't forget the incentives!!!).

Please do keep us updated.

#70 SirDubDub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 09:54 AM

Unfortunately the kickstarter idea was shut down by Topps a week before the trailer went live.
I have opted not to pursue other avenues of crowdfunding for the time being. This is partly due to evaluating what I can reasonably produce on a consistent time scale, and generating a fanbase willing to participate for faster updates. It is also, quite honestly, due to the frustration and uncertainty that any type of crowdfunded project bearing the battletech / mechwarrior license entails. It sucked to see six months of work go up in smoke due to legal issues, especially when the feedback was overwhelmingly and enthusiastically positive. Yes. I would rather work on the new movie all day than work a ****** minimum wage job, but at the end of the day I really just want to make cool battletech stuff for people, and if I have to do so on my own time I am fine with that.

#71 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:13 PM

thanks for the update very nice of you to remember this topic thank you
and i under stand after the harmony gold fiasco its made a lot of leagle issues for the ip

#72 Ranger Aodhan

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:42 PM

Hey, I was just thinking back to this and seeing as IGP is out of the picture maybe these guys should try to get the green light from PGI and Microsoft, or maybe just PGI, I'm not sure.

#73 SirDubDub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostAODHAN45, on 18 November 2014 - 11:42 PM, said:

Hey, I was just thinking back to this and seeing as IGP is out of the picture maybe these guys should try to get the green light from PGI and Microsoft, or maybe just PGI, I'm not sure.

PGI always had the license for a mechwarrior computer game. So IGP's involvement is irrelevant. What sucks is that the IP was divvied up into differing production types. PGI/Microsoft can make games, Catalyst owns the tabletop, art, and story production, I think Disney owns the rights to he old cartoon, Paramount owns the rights to a movie (currently in development hell) and Topps owns everything. Its a gorram mess, this IP.

That said. I may be able to fund further comics through Patreon or commissions after the next film is done.

#74 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostSirDubDub, on 23 November 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

....I think Disney owns the rights to he old cartoon....

That would explain why you cannot find it anywhere..

#75 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:54 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 24 November 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

That would explain why you cannot find it anywhere..

Probly in the frekin' disney vault. I'm sad that Battletech is even remotely related to disney, I tell you that company is out to take over the world.

Edited by Mech42Ace, 24 November 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#76 SirDubDub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:12 PM

Anyways. Here are some Work In Progress shots from the next project.

#77 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

Awesome stuff! Love that Hunchback test animation!

#78 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 03:25 PM

nice stuff man

#79 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:02 AM

Do want. Moar plz.

#80 The Blazer of Lasers

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationIn a peaceful meadow on terra pondering the meaning of flamers.

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostAppogee, on 29 June 2014 - 09:15 AM, said:

With all due respect to the artistic talents of the creators, I hope they don't persist with the faux anime look and overwrought anime cliches.

MechWarrior isn't Gundam or Robotech.

As good as it looks I have to agree.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users