Using Xbox 360 controller with MWO / suport?

62 replies to this topic

#41 xenoglyph

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

Oh hell no, I already pug with joystick users, I don't want to pug with gamepad users too.

:P

#42 Zanzerroth

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

i found the problem to be the way a pc maps the trigger sticks, it sees them as a Z-axis which means you cnat use them the way most people ant to use them, as a trigger. If you can use one stick for pitch and turning and use the other for torso twist it would work nicely. you could use the d-pad for weapon modes,zoom modes, and module activation. Use one of the face buttons or target select and power. to put it simply there are ways to make it work, the only problem is how it is seen. as for the argument of which is better, neither and both. My problem stems from the fact that i play on a laptop with a blue laser mouse and the uneven surfaces coupled with sensitivity causes me to over shoot the target, not to mention im used to console controllers by now.

#43 xenoglyph

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostZanzerroth, on 11 December 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

i found the problem to be the way a pc maps the trigger sticks, it sees them as a Z-axis which means you cnat use them the way most people ant to use them, as a trigger. If you can use one stick for pitch and turning and use the other for torso twist it would work nicely. you could use the d-pad for weapon modes,zoom modes, and module activation. Use one of the face buttons or target select and power. to put it simply there are ways to make it work, the only problem is how it is seen. as for the argument of which is better, neither and both. My problem stems from the fact that i play on a laptop with a blue laser mouse and the uneven surfaces coupled with sensitivity causes me to over shoot the target, not to mention im used to console controllers by now.

I highly recommend you do some crimes until you can afford a proper setup.

#44 Death Toll

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostLightdragon, on 19 July 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

console users should stick to consoles...

Wow talk about being elitist. you need to get over yourself. i have had plenty of PC victories in various games by using my Xbox controller.

#45 Aznpersuasion89

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 614 posts
  • Locationca

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

i may have mentioned this before, but most console FPS have some sort of small amount of auto target which is really nice for a game pad. but i dont think MWO has this implemented so aiming precisely and quickly may be difficult. i think that keyboard and mouse will still reign supreme in this game. but ive never used a joystick so i dont really know

#46 Avoll

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationOttumwa, IA - USA

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Honestly I dont care about being the best, or supreme. I just would like to be able to use the xbox controller to play MWO. Until that happens I will just continue to ignore the fact that I spent 80 dollars on a game I don’t even play. I still fully support MWO, but I sincerely wish they would add xbox controller support.

#47 Aiden Gestort

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBelleville, Michigan

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

I would also like to see this implemented. I grew up playing on consoles, the only games I've ever really played on the pc are Mechwarrior, RTS's, and MMORPG games like WoW, EVE, and SWTOR. So I am far more comfortable with a gamepad. And playing this on my laptop is difficult enough. You can go shove that elitist build a better system crap to yourself. If I had the money I would gladly do it but I have other priorities than building a custom PC just for recreation. Anyways, I digress. My laptop runs the game smoothly enough at low settings. I am a huge fan of this series and I think I'd actually be able to compete if I was using input devices I'm more comfortable gaming with.

Edited by Aiden Gestort, 21 January 2013 - 12:26 AM.

#48 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

I want to be able to use my HDMI output, LED TV and my COUCH to play this game using a gamepad. I have a very nice COUCH that I want to sit on, lean back, have a beer, and blow the sh*t out of some people....even if I dont do well, I want to do it from my couch.

#49 Havok1978

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 371 posts
  • LocationTexaz!!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostSICk Nick, on 14 February 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

I want to be able to use my HDMI output, LED TV and my COUCH to play this game using a gamepad. I have a very nice COUCH that I want to sit on, lean back, have a beer, and blow the sh*t out of some people....even if I dont do well, I want to do it from my couch.

I game on a 47" HDLCD tv with wireless KB/M and either a ps3 or 360 controller depending on the game. i use motininjoy.
I can NOT agree sick nick more...

for the rest of you whining about being kb/m purists, exactly who do you people think you are? you have no right to tell other people how to play a game they enjoy in a manner they enjoy it in. I have seen more elitist behaviour in this game as to what is or isnt proper when no one has that right, but they will badger people about it.
ALL of us waited a very long time for this game, do not dictate other peoples choices that dont affect you. if you get killed in a PUG group, it aint cuz of them using a joystick. you can either aim, or you cant. you either compensate for your input device or you dont.. OR, and i do stress OR... you can sit around and whine about how unfair life is and that everyone around you doesnt play by your own personal rules.. moral of the story, get in where you fit in.

#50 Aiden Gestort

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBelleville, Michigan

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostHavok1978, on 14 February 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

I game on a 47" HDLCD tv with wireless KB/M and either a ps3 or 360 controller depending on the game. i use motininjoy.
I can NOT agree sick nick more...

for the rest of you whining about being kb/m purists, exactly who do you people think you are? you have no right to tell other people how to play a game they enjoy in a manner they enjoy it in. I have seen more elitist behaviour in this game as to what is or isnt proper when no one has that right, but they will badger people about it.
ALL of us waited a very long time for this game, do not dictate other peoples choices that dont affect you. if you get killed in a PUG group, it aint cuz of them using a joystick. you can either aim, or you cant. you either compensate for your input device or you dont.. OR, and i do stress OR... you can sit around and whine about how unfair life is and that everyone around you doesnt play by your own personal rules.. moral of the story, get in where you fit in.

This guy right here knows what's up. I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you, my good man.

#51 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

What is this "motininjoy"?

#52 Havok1978

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 371 posts
  • LocationTexaz!!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

allows use of ps3 controllers or the like instead of just microscraps bulky 360 controller.. I would reccomend google.

#53 Matthew Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 176 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Hey anyone got some word on this? I'd certainly like to use my Xbox 360 controller on this. The game is certainly simple enough to do it... why not?

#54 WhiteIronWolf

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

i own the wireless usb adapter for the xbox 360 to PC. and i'm running a windows 7 pc. any luck with this and mwo?

#55 CDT Tk

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationToronto, CA

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

try this? http://pinnaclegamep...hwarrior-online

#56 DEEPFRYER671

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

I also want Xbox and joystick support. Stick is my preference but each to their own. Does any one remember a stick from the MW3/MW4 era that you could twist it left and right to turn your torso? Also, Jammers that is the coolest control setup I have ever seen!

#57 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro is what I currently use for a JS. Nostromo n52 for the left hand.

#58 wickedares

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostCDT Tk, on 10 April 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

this is a good profile but im having problems with it cause of the built in key bindings in the game are detecting the controller input along with pinnacles input. if i had a way to clear the games joystick commands out completely i would be golden i think. im using a wireless xbox 360 controller btw

#59 trynemyne

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

View PostCalgorac, on 25 November 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

logitech f310 for pc controller same size and layout as an xbox 360

That's what I have.

#60 trynemyne

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostAznpersuasion89, on 17 January 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

i may have mentioned this before, but most console FPS have some sort of small amount of auto target which is really nice for a game pad. but i dont think MWO has this implemented so aiming precisely and quickly may be difficult. i think that keyboard and mouse will still reign supreme in this game. but ive never used a joystick so i dont really know

The fact of the matter is, I play most games that support gamepads WITHOUT aim assist, so I'm used to it already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users