Dev Vlog #5

151 replies to this topic

#121 Teela Zain Elmes

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationNear planet Huntress

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:45 PM

Nice, love it how you implemented the clan chassis! But strange to drop with IS and Clan Mechs in one team ...

#122 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:54 PM

Have to agree even as a Loyalist. Well done PGI!

#123 Flawed

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:25 AM

i would really like premium time to only be active in-game time, not real time

#124 Slar

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

Are we getting close to an 'automatic resupply consumables' check box?

Please and thank you!

#125 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostSlar, on 01 July 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

Are we getting close to an 'automatic resupply consumables' check box?

Please and thank you!

Yes, it was on the recent Feature Suggestions poll.

#126 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 01 July 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Yes, it was on the recent Feature Suggestions poll.

Did you see all those features that had potential to be worked on? That list made my day.

#127 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 01 July 2014 - 10:07 AM, said:

Did you see all those features broken mechanics that's been left over for months if not years that had potential to be worked on is totally overdue to be bug stompped? That list made my day should've been dealt with over a year ago. but we're minimally viable stooge outfit here have a list and believe we're building stuffs.

FTFY

#128 MATADOR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRussia, Moscow, RDL

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:12 AM

Hello. I want to ask two questions to the developers team. Can I do it in that topic?

1st question is about saving configurations of mechs in mechlab for quick switching between different configs in the list by one click. Of them. Is it possible to release and when it will be in the game? Is it possible to save (export) configs in file and add (import) it back to the game (or add configs to specific folder to add it manually)?

2nd question is about unit and players decals (images) on the mechs (torso, arms and legs). Is it possible to release and when it will be in the game? Is it possible to add (import) it to the game (or add decals to specific folder to add it manually)?

Edited by MATADOR, 02 July 2014 - 01:13 AM.

#129 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:46 AM

View PostSmudge504, on 15 June 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

I really want that Battlemaster T-Shirt!!!

Would love one if its going to look like the old Battletech version they can keep the MWO design, I hide mine under old blankets I'm that ashamed of owning them.

#130 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:41 AM

View PostKoniving, on 17 June 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

Waiting? Want to see stuff?

Dire Wolf ballistics, first public test.

Image is a screenshot taken by Lordred from the action in the second video here.

Dire Wolf ballistics and Warhawk, second public test

Image taken by Lordred of my Warhawk.

The Lucky Madcat; Kon's mixed rig. 777 damage.

Hitbox test. Commando beats Thor/Summoner repeatedly! Photoshoot.

All screens by Lordred.

All ways love your running commentary, though tinkering with the Direwolf reminded me of Burt and Ernie for some reason :D

#131 phongbong

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

Seems pretty cool!

#132 LiegeOfThePit

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

What happened to community warfare and will it be implemented into MWO anytime soon?

#133 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

View PostLiegeOfThePit, on 05 July 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

What happened to community warfare and will it be implemented into MWO anytime soon?

:huh:

#134 Knight Lightning

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

I know I'm several weeks late on this! But when are they going to fix UI 2.0?! It completely broke the MechLab and the Store! It is impossible to know what you are buying in the Store now because you can't see any stats! You have to go to Smurfy's to find out what you are buying, and that is ridiculous. With the old UI all you had to do was mouse over the 'Mech you wanted to look at and you could see it's stats. And the same goes for the MechLab, it was so much easier to modify and prefect your 'Mech.

Does anyone know if they going to fix that disaster they call UI 2.0?

Knight Lightning.

#135 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

View PostKnight Lightning, on 08 July 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

I know I'm several weeks late on this! But when are they going to fix UI 2.0?! It completely broke the MechLab and the Store! It is impossible to know what you are buying in the Store now because you can't see any stats! You have to go to Smurfy's to find out what you are buying, and that is ridiculous. With the old UI all you had to do was mouse over the 'Mech you wanted to look at and you could see it's stats. And the same goes for the MechLab, it was so much easier to modify and prefect your 'Mech.

Does anyone know if they going to fix that disaster they call UI 2.0?

Knight Lightning.

They made quite a few improvements to it in the last patch, and they are working on it. Patience. padawan.

#136 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:30 AM

No talk of stock mode still, which would help this game in more ways than PGI even realizes.

No talk of actual canon Jump Jets and directional Jumping, Jenners jumping 150m instead of 20m, etc. Bah.

#137 Whitefang70

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for the blog! it was very promising and I pleased to hear that the first stage of CW is coming out this summer Mr.Russ.

But one thing that I am begging you PGI to do is graphical optimization.

As everyone know this game is CPU bound (poorly optimized) and sucks the whole energy out of CPUs and apparently there is no CPU that handles the serious fps drops while steam coming out of the mech when overheating and forces people to turn the particles to low and particles make a huge difference when it comes to beauty of game (especially firing the PPCs and other visual effects in my opinion). I am begging you PGI to do something about the particles and some optimizations in order to make it available for people like some of my friends that they love playing mwo, but since the game is demanding so much power that it's almost unplayable for them.

I appreciate that you are working on adding contents to mw, but I rather have a smooth and beautiful game "first" than have more contents.
I know people with GTX Titan black and a very powerful intel CPU as well and they have yet to lower the particles, so they don't get the sudden fps drop while overheating.

I have been waiting for a major blog towards optimization for months maybe since beta.

There are many people that are suffering from poor optimization and probably they quit the game.

My Alien-ware runs every game that I know of on Ultra high 1080P with 60 fps like Battlefield 4, Tom-raider, Wolfenstain and so on.

Mr.Russ, I understand that you are very focused on CW at the moment, but please give everyone some ETA. Me personally LOVE this game more than any other game that I have them in my laptop.

#138 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

First-world problem, lol. Regardless, 99% of the players do not use that high of settings, and it is much more important to get CW and other content-related things done before making the game look "prettier".

Oh, and wrong thread, btw - this is for the VLOG from last month. The new one is #6

Edited by Cimarb, 13 July 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#139 Whitefang70

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

View PostCimarb, on 13 July 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

First-world problem, lol. Regardless, 99% of the players do not use that high of settings, and it is much more important to get CW and other content-related things done before making the game look "prettier".

Oh, and wrong thread, btw - this is for the VLOG from last month. The new one is #6

I thought I replied to the new then. Thanks for pointing out!

View PostCimarb, on 13 July 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

And I forgot to say on my first reply. Optimizing the game will make the available almost for everyone. That was my main point. Optimizing the game brings more players to play, and more players means more money. Maybe I should have said that as well

Edited by Whitefang70, 13 July 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#140 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

Question.
In the table top, when using Jump Jets did the impact harm the mech in question in the legs?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users