thanks for the updates.

#22 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

Yay its Karl!

Also wearing a Dalek shirt, this guy is awesome.

Edited by ICEFANG13, 15 June 2014 - 11:34 AM.

#23 Avimimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

Anyone notice the concept art for a few additional maps (forest mountain etc.) and the additional mech concept art on the far right at the end of the video?

#24 jd7710

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 79 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationmid atlantic

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

Anyone notice the concept art for a few additional maps (forest mountain etc.) and the additional mech concept art on the far right at the end of the video?

Kinda looked like a degoba type of map. Maybe Yoda and the spirit of Obi Wan will be there

#25 Leigus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSierra, Free Worlds League

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostMystere, on 15 June 2014 - 10:20 AM, said:

What? Did I hear Paul correctly? They are adding more imaginary "force fields" to protect the cockpit? Really?

Maybe they should just remove the cockpit altogether and make all mechs remotely piloted drones. :huh:

Rage!
Rage!
Rage!

<I'm glad that's now out of my system.>

If arty/air shells are scoring headshots, why not make shells inflict less than 33dmg? (Max armor + int. structure health) Because it'd make too much sense? :(

#26 binolo03

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 68 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

6.23 its a community warfare?

#27 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the idea that there will be a module that will eliminate the effectiveness of Basic and Advanced Targeting Decay. For my part, I think these should be split into levels, and based more on a player's skill than on a use/cancel effect. I ground out a lot of C-Bills to get my Advanced, and feel like I'm about to be scheister'd.

Otherwise, the concept art for new maps, the changes being made to improve the game -I might even use SRMs, and I typically hate the things, even on the tabletop-, and the preliminary work we saw on the CW interface -at least, I assume it was the CW preliminary- is all welcome work.

AU begins active recruitment this coming week, and it's very nice to continue seeing development move along, even if at a snail's pace.

Also, I want that T-Shirt Karl's wearing... I'm presuming he got that from ThinkGeek and, if not, where did he get it from, hehe?

#28 johntherussian

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but when they were talking about teamwork at a little after 6:50, there is a Hunchback that shoots its Atlas teammate in the back.

#29 Tastian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLayton, UT USA

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

View PostSmudge504, on 15 June 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

I really want that Battlemaster T-Shirt!!!

This is exactly what I was thinking. Can you PLEASE make Tshirts available to order?

#30 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostSmudge504, on 15 June 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

I really want that Battlemaster T-Shirt!!!

Yeah seriously thats the only thing i could think of when she was talking and a battlemaster? she could not have chosen better, the mech just look badass.

#31 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

View PostDusk Relban, on 15 June 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

I'm just wondering what's going to happen to the Kit Fox. I have been pumped for it for over half a year now, looking at it's awesome concept art. It is the ONLY reason I have spendt money on preordering the clanmechs. Sadly it doesn't look like the concept art at all, and now I have a got the sour feeling of being scamed. PGI has done a great job at modeling the other clanmechs, so why would.... **** it, I'm done. I love the game and will definetly keep playing it, but this scarred me. The Kit Fox made spend over 200 dollars on preordering clanmechs. And sadly it is impossible to refund. I'm hurt :(

Kit Fox is a nice mech as was just playing around in it. Use the ECM/3AMS arms needless to say. :huh:

#32 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

View Postjohntherussian, on 15 June 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

when they were talking about teamwork at a little after 6:50, there is a Hunchback that shoots its Atlas teammate in the back.

Yeah, he was just working for the other team.

#33 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

My notes and first impressions ... only 8:11 ... short, but is it sweet?

Clan Intro ... cool.

Lisa, Clan Cockpits ... nice that they have a different look

Karl, Match Maker ... Elo, Group Size, Weight Class and Age? Age? As in it will be less likely that I (a member since Aug '12) will drop against new players? Sweet! July 1st can't come fast enough.

Alex, Storm Crow ... looks like an attack chopper.

Ricky, Nova ... sixteen weapons.

Paul, SRMs ... "Buckton Fix" in for June 17th. YAY!

Paul, Strikes ... looking into reducing head damage (finally).

Paul, Clans ... feel very powerful, but you're going to have to bring your skill.

Final pan of the art tour on the Inner Sphere 3050 map ... nice.

Edit: on second thought, "age" probably means the amount of time you've been in the queue ... "group size", though ... does that mean more than 4 is being looked at?

Edited by Kageru Ikazuchi, 15 June 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#34 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

View Postbinolo03, on 15 June 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

6.23 its a community warfare?

Whoo! "contested planet" on the right side of the screen. Fun :huh:

#35 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

I love the intro with the passage from the Remembrance! :huh:

#36 tucsonspeed6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 408 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 15 June 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

LOL @ 5:15. Someone at PGI saw Victor Morson's endless griping about Paul's last innocent misspeak on a Vlog.

Well, at least we now have evidence that CW has been coded.

I think it's just concept art for the UI. If you watch again, it looked like it was open in an image viewer. But still nice to see something getting done at all.

#37 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostDusk Relban, on 15 June 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

I'm just wondering what's going to happen to the Kit Fox. I have been pumped for it for over half a year now, looking at it's awesome concept art. It is the ONLY reason I have spendt money on preordering the clanmechs. Sadly it doesn't look like the concept art at all, and now I have a got the sour feeling of being scamed. PGI has done a great job at modeling the other clanmechs, so why would.... **** it, I'm done. I love the game and will definetly keep playing it, but this scarred me. The Kit Fox made spend over 200 dollars on preordering clanmechs. And sadly it is impossible to refund. I'm hurt :huh:

You act like they didn't release screenshots of it well before the deadline... and if that is the ONLY mech you were looking for, why not just buy it ala carte for $55?... Me thinks you just want an excuse to be upset.

#38 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

View PostCimarb, on 15 June 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

You act like they didn't release screenshots of it well before the deadline... and if that is the ONLY mech you were looking for, why not just buy it ala carte for $55?... Me thinks you just want an excuse to be upset.

Or the $30 package with just the kit fox?

#39 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostLeigus, on 15 June 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

if arty/air shells are scoring headshots, why not make shells inflict less than 33dmg? (Max armor + int. structure health) Because it'd make too much sense? ;)

Well, I am of the the mind that:
  • cockpits should not get any special treatment compared to any other mech part
  • a 250mm/10inch artillery shell should obliterate any cockpit it lands a direct hit on

Edited by Mystere, 15 June 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#40 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

Please stop the background music when people are talking in the video. I had hard time hearing them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users