• Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:34 PM

View PostBrenden, on 14 July 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

Question.
In the table top, when using Jump Jets did the impact harm the mech in question in the legs?

Not usually. The only time it did is when doing a death from above or similar move, or under certain other special circumstances.

#142 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

On the other hand (to my limited knowledge) TT did not include falling damage outside of DFA at all, right?

#143 WoPoS

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

Hi! Can make efficiency single heatsinks in engine do the same efficiency double heatsinks?

#144 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:26 PM

Would be nice if it didn't include fall damage when using Jump Jets. Accidentally blew my legs out in a Summoner.

#145 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostShar Wolf, on 14 July 2014 - 09:24 PM, said:

On the other hand (to my limited knowledge) TT did not include falling damage outside of DFA at all, right?

Directly, yes, but if you jumped on top of a building and it could to hold your weight, it would damage your legs as it caved in (and you would likely be prone afterwards too), or if you failed your piloting skill roll while jumping (due to damage or whatever), etc. like I said, special circumstances, and usually as a result of something OTHER than just jumping, but it was possible.

View PostWoPoS, on 14 July 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

Hi! Can make efficiency single heatsinks in engine do the same efficiency double heatsinks?

There are ways to make single heat sinks more useful, but that is not one of them. The best way would be to have single heat sinks improve heat capacity more, and doubles not increase capacity but dramatically increase dissipation instead.

View PostBrenden, on 14 July 2014 - 10:26 PM, said:

Would be nice if it didn't include fall damage when using Jump Jets. Accidentally blew my legs out in a Summoner.

I bet jump snipers would love that, but it would not be good for the game.

#146 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

In TT you had to have a minimum of 3 JJets and you always used a minimum of 3 even if you jumped only to the next hex field.
This is because you need to rise, move and then feather (and land savely).

You could also fall and take fall damage by: falling off cliffs, getting knocked down by 20+ damage or a failed ramming or kicking attack.
If you imagine your mech falling and taking damage, the fall damage we have now is quite low in comparison :D

#147 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:33 AM

View PostCimarb, on 15 July 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

Directly, yes, but if you jumped on top of a building and it could to hold your weight, it would damage your legs as it caved in (and you would likely be prone afterwards too), or if you failed your piloting skill roll while jumping (due to damage or whatever), etc. like I said, special circumstances, and usually as a result of something OTHER than just jumping, but it was possible.

That would be more the building damaging your legs, rather than the jump, no? :D
Trip and slide into a building and the same thing happens (if to different parts)

#148 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 15 July 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

That would be more the building damaging your legs, rather than the jump, no? :D
Trip and slide into a building and the same thing happens (if to different parts)

Yes, but I did not want the response to my "no" to then be followed by a bunch of people saying, "well if you do this there is, or that, or double somersault backflip triple gainer....", so I figured I would cover my bases with a disclaimer that certain situations involving jumping CAN cause it, even if indirectly.

#149 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:55 AM

flooded canyon,that was my idea )

#150 WoPoS

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:55 PM

When changes are introduced heat sinks? This step can provide a lot of new configurations and options! Thanks for answers.

#151 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:10 AM

View PostWoPoS, on 16 July 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

When changes are introduced heat sinks? This step can provide a lot of new configurations and options! Thanks for answers.

Please refrase your question.
Do you mean "when are heatsinks getting changed to do XYZ" ?
Without more details your question leaves too much room to answer.

#152 Cest7

• Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

Still not a fan of the VLOG, boring, drawn out. Seems more like advertisement and a publicity stunt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users