24 replies to this topic

#1 Damecles

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 55 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta. Canada

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

I been getting this the last few days, which kicks me out of the game at different times.

Fatal Error.
Present returned status DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED this can happen for a number of reasons:
- The underlying hardware is unstable (check voltages etc.)
- The Display driver encountered a bad sate (ensure drivers are up to date with latest fixes)
- The game issued a bad D3D command causing the driver to enter a bad state (log an issue stating the exact steps that resulted in this error occurring)

I updated my drivers, checked my voltages, and am thinking its either the game or my video card.

Anyone have any suggestions?

#2 Voren Higgs

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

I suffer the same problem and after this I had problems with other games and computer during startup....also need help. All drivers, voltage etc. is OK

#3 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

Greetings all,

Checking the voltages for the card may not actually be where the issue is at. Have you checked the actual power supply?

If there was a loss or spike of the 12volt rails to the card it may return this same error.
- Are you running separate dedicated lines and plugs for the cards?
- Are they being split from one line to use double plug-ins?

Is the Vid card overheating? Do you have additional software to increase the fan speeds to cover the initial load up the vid goes through starting the game?

Is this something new and you have not had this issue before?
- Just before the failure are you seeing anything in-game to suggest there may be something about to happen?
~ video image issues, tearing of graphics, other items?

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 30 August 2014 - 01:04 PM.

#4 Adzax

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:17 AM

Greetings, I too suffer this problem. I have been having other graphical issues like tearing and screen flickering and artifacts but fiddling with setting and running the repair tool has cleaned these up, but randomly ( I can play 6 matches no problems then wham same error message. I have put extra cooling in my case, its a brand new computer and has ample power supply, graphics card on its own plugs and its a really good silver level I think supply (700 watt - 85% efficiency). I have recently also had lockups where the game just freezes and locks up. Some nights I can play for hours with no problems, very perplexing.

System is an i7-4790 running an AMD R9 280x, MSI gaming mobo 5 and Samsung SSD, Win8.1, 16gb ram. Just put an extra case fan to vent heat and a hyper 212 evo cooler to replace the stock intel fan. The system is running cooler than before and as far as I can see the R9 280x dosent get much over 63oC under load, runs like 26oC at desktop. Its an Asus direct CUII R9 which has two fans and better heatsink supposedly running 20% cooler.

Running in High settings (going to medium dosen't fix it), dx11, vertical sync on

The error seems to show it in the graphics subsystem someplace but I cant see why. I've also run the repair tool, made sure the 3d settings are set to application controlled as per advice from other threads on the forums. It doesn't seem to matter whether the game is set to medium or high (high is what I play on), have uninstalled the old drivers with Display driver uninstaller an updated to latest AMD drivers. Play LOL and Neverwinter with no dramas at all.

Anyone got any ideas, suggestions or more tests I can do?
Any help appreciated, really annoying getting lockups and this dxi crash.

Edited by Adzax, 01 September 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#5 Derick Cruisaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 247 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:26 PM

My new system is encountering this exact same problem. I am running a Geforce GT640 now. I think it may be a heat issue, but I am not certain of it.

#6 Draven Darkshadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:00 PM

sounds like its a power supply related issue if its happening to all your games and other applications.

disconnect any under used hardware such as dvd/cd rom, extra hds maybe...

but the best solution is getting a 1000+ watt power supply to handle your power needs for your computer

lol and nw doesn't use a lot of gpu processing power like mechwarrior online or even planetside 2 which eats up gpu/cpu like candy

need to run programs that benchmarks like 3dmark or whatever you can find online and do a test and see if the error comes up on that

Edited by Draven Darkshadow, 01 September 2014 - 04:07 PM.

#7 Alianton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:04 PM

TBH i think it's the jump from low duty to heavy duty work, that makes it go. i switched on postAA, and went to geforce to force it to always be on full performance, it hasn't happened yet.

#8 Max Immelmann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:19 PM

i get this error also. it started about 5 weeks ago. have never had this problem before, and it only happens during MWO sessions. i get no warnings of any kind, the game just crashes.

System Information
------------------

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.160611-0600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7922
BIOS: V10.2
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8144MB RAM
Page File: 4311MB used, 5112MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 960
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1401&SUBSYS_32011462&REV_A1
Display Memory: 4013 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1965 MB
Shared Memory: 2048 MB
Current Mode: 1824 x 1026 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

i use a 1000w power supply.

i have researched this a bit. seems people who play crysis and overclock there rigs get this problem. i do neither.

i have run a bench test of my vid card and it runs fine. under full load, it gets up to 70 degrees C. low fps23, high fps 118. according to the bench test, my vid card is running good. updated drivers a few weeks ago.

i am no computer genius by any stretch of the imagination, but for the life of me, i have no idea what is wrong or how to fix it.

the worst part of this is that every time it happens, i get the MWO disco penalty. last night, i got a 20min. penalty because of this problem. just another reason to NOT penalize players who make it back into the game. HINT HINT PGI

Edited by Immelmann, 26 August 2016 - 10:21 PM.

#9 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 August 2016 - 08:47 AM

Current Mode: 1824 x 1026 (32 bit) (60Hz)

That is an odd screen resolution. What brand/model of monitor or TV are you running? Is that the native resolution for the monitor?

#10 Max Immelmann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:54 PM

it is a sanyo 60" lcd. no, that is not the native res. i had to manually change it so my desktop fits the screen. when i go into MWO, it reverts back to 1920 x 1080.

#11 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 05:12 PM

What do you mean your desktop fit? Your graphics card should work just fine set at the TV native resolution of 1920 x 1080.

Guess I am not understanding, why are you having to use 1824 x 1026 if your TV native resolution is 1920 x 1080?

Have you run the Repair tool? What, if any, files are being replaced?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 27 August 2016 - 05:19 PM.

#12 Max Immelmann

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:34 PM

i have no other way to explain my res to you. if you have an nvidia card, then you would know that in the nvidia control panel, you can manually set your desktop res, which i need to do.

yes on repair tool, it does nothing, says every thing is fine.

#13 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:19 AM

Has there been any resolution to this? My laptop is getting this error more and more frequently. I am in a similar boat to Adzax in that some nights I can go for hours and some I am on for two games before the screen goes a solid color and audio starts buzzing. The way I have figured things out is because sometimes I am able to Alt+Tab and see the error. Otherwise it freezes up my computer and I have to do a hard restart.

#14 Gian Di Fauro

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 9 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFort Wayne, Indiana

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:30 AM

I am having an issue with this as well.
It will crash and reset just after I die in a match. It happened 4 times last night, and once this morning; and as of last night, the game was freezing in the Mechlab as well (2 separate times).
Never had a problem with MWO on this system until recently with in the last week or so.
I’ve run the repair tool and tried to check the logs but I am unsure as to what to post to try and help with this.

#15 v4skunk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 174 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:07 AM

I started playing again after a 3 year break...I keep getting this same error, MWO seems to be causing a gpu driver crash that sends the game into a loop. The game is unplayable at the moment, it crashes all the time.
Any solutions? All my software is up to date...

#16 KH Slaine

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:57 PM

I am having this problem as well. I can play for hours sometimes with no prob, other times it will happen 2-4 times within 10 minutes.The error comes so intermittently I can't discern any measurable common event that could be causing it. I get the same error message as the op listed above. Voltages, psu, and drivers are fine and up to date. Started with this card Radeon HD 5830 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express and then I put this card in, EVGA GTX 650 Ti BOOST. Exact same issue with both cards. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

In addition: Getting the penalty when this happens is insult to injury. Is there a way to discern technical difficulty from intentional drop from game? Thanks.

Edited by KH Slaine, 29 December 2016 - 06:36 AM.

#17 Ajantise

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 138 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:32 AM

Dont ALT+TAB. The engine has a problem if you exit the game = low performance, and then return to start = high performance.
If you must ALT+TAB try to do it in "2D" mode, when the serious rendering has not started.

#18 KH Slaine

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:03 AM

In my situation ALT+TAB has no detrimental effect at all Ajantise. Tested.
I've found if I fire up the game and let it run in the background for a while (½ hr. or more.) the problem is minimized. Kinda ironic to the possibility of a heat issue. I run Afterburner for a custom fan profile as well to little effect on the problem.

Again, it would be gracious of PGI to remedy the penalty due to tech prob drop. I always return and never leave a game prior to match end screens.

#19 Sergeant Miles

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 53 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCA

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

This error has become daily.

I feel I have updated and checked all I can check.

I don't know what else to check.

This only happens just as the match is loading and no other time.

HELP!

#20 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

As the match is loading up is when overall the system is stressed the most.
  • Can of compressed air, make sure all heatsinks are clear of dust buildup and fans are actually operating properly.
  • Control Panel, Power Options, set to High Performance
  • Nvidia control panel, 3D, Power Management mode - change from adaptive to Max Performance
  • Do a clean install of GPU drivers.
  • Use either AMD or NVIDIA, or Afterburner and underclock the GPU, primarily for testing. If the GPU is failing but not completely dead, a weak PSU or bios/motherboard not providing consistent voltage, this is one workaround

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users