115 replies to this topic

#61 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

I run 5 MGs, and 6 CERMLs, works pretty well just protect the left arm as long as you can.

#62 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:58 AM

At the moment running 12 sl and an ac2 with about 250 shots or so. absolute ninja this one.

Last game I hopped over a atlas killing him midair and as I landed I cored a Awesome in the space of about 2 secs.

I have a new game just go for the legs and most mechs after 2 shots have their legs blown off so many just after one 6 laser burst.
Best mech ever but I really do think they will do something about it...feels like cheating :).

#63 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:56 AM

View PostBoymonkey, on 27 June 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

At the moment running 12 sl and an ac2 with about 250 shots or so. absolute ninja this one.

Last game I hopped over a atlas killing him midair and as I landed I cored a Awesome in the space of about 2 secs.

I have a new game just go for the legs and most mechs after 2 shots have their legs blown off so many just after one 6 laser burst.
Best mech ever but I really do think they will do something about it...feels like cheating :P.

the thing is, it seems balanced to me because of the range of the weapons. out of all the clan and even IS weapons, the C-SLs are still one of the shortest range weapons there are. there are A LOT of chance to get arm'd or killed well before you get into range.

#64 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:14 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 27 June 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

the thing is, it seems balanced to me because of the range of the weapons. out of all the clan and even IS weapons, the C-SLs are still one of the shortest range weapons there are. there are A LOT of chance to get arm'd or killed well before you get into range.

Yeah true but you just stay with some bigger fellas and everyone ignores you :P.

#65 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

View PostBoymonkey, on 27 June 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Yeah true but you just stay with some bigger fellas and everyone ignores you :).

well yea.... but you still need to get in their faces to fight back...and maybe in time, players will learn which is the bigger threat. their loss is our gain.

#66 Saiyajin12

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Just came back from trying the 12ersl 4mg build, and after two games of crashing and burning (since I'm kinda used to play assaults and heavies ;P), it's really starting to kick alot of metal behinds. As long as you stay with the main group and manage to sneak into range, stuff is gonna melt beneath those red beams.

It's very tempting to keep staring down the opposition once in range, but making use of the jumpjets and twisting is still needed to survive, as the ct is pretty large on the nova. In theory the build is hardcountered by anything faster than it with longer ranged weapons, but it rarely ever comes to that.

All in all a very fun mech to play with, just kinda slow for a medium, considering it shares the same speed as the current clan heavies.

Although I have not gotten alpine yet, it's pretty obvious that it's gonna suck to drop there with only 180m weaponry :). If only they'd implement a choice between two builds or something once you actually see which map it is.

#67 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

alpine isn't too bad actually but you need to hug the hills and stay out of the open for as long as possible and either hope the enemy comes to you or they get distracted.

now if the enemy team is up on the hill and not coming down, there isn't a whole lot you can do which is why I went with 12SL,1 ML, 23 DHS so at least I could still attempt to contribute if I can't get in range of the SL. Could probably ditch some DHS and get a LL in there as well.

you can still get 12 SL and 1 LL with 20 DHS on there with the "B" RT

I am not sure how much 3 DHS matter in the long run...I have'nt tried the 1LL yet.

Edited by Bigbacon, 30 June 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#68 focuspark

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

I like the 2x cERPPC + 4x cMG combo

NVA-PRIME

Stay meta as long as you can, by the time they close use those MGs on the open areas.

#69 storm0545

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:22 AM

Someone else posted this build somewhere but I've been using it and love it http://mwo.smurfy-ne...657f493ae3f8352

Edited by storm0545, 02 July 2014 - 05:23 AM.

#70 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:53 AM

know what is weird...that speed tweak on this thing actually makes it seem so much faster even though it only bumps it like what 9k/hr? doesn't seem so lumbering along now.

#71 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

With the new patch notes, people should reconsider Small Lasers (Range -> 200m and 4 damages) and Medium Pulse Lasers, there is some small improvements.

With the damage reduction small lasers looks less interesting, i think =/

I was thinking about this loadout for an interesting Nova : i call him "Crits seeker bad boy"

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d4057e7fdb1998b

The LB/5X and U-AC/5 are the only "big" balistic weapons wich allow you to put some lazors... I mean more than two lazors on that beast.

Maybe you can remove machine guns and put six Medium laser, but this guy isn't going to be a good crit seeker anymore.

Edited by Aleski, 02 July 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#72 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

NVA-S

#73 Stickjock

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

Don't know... going to wait until I can play my Nova Prime (currently 12xERSL) equip'd with a Mk IV TC... will judge after a few drops how the damage reduction but increased range (and benefits of the TC) play out...

#74 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

so us 12SL folks got a damage decrease but a range increase!

48 damage now vs 60 but we get 200m and more if you want to try out the targeting computers at the cost of DHS,

tempted to try MPL now with the lowered duration but I still probably stick with the 12SL for now. the amount of damage you can pump out is still really high.

Edited by Bigbacon, 02 July 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#75 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

Im having odd success with this NVA-B

Spend most of the early match popping with a ER PPC.
Touch any lights that is spotting for LRM with the MPL, slap them with a few LBX if they prove reluctant to leave.
Mid game when the frontline collided, move in and support with everything.

I have yet to die to head shot in this Nova.

#76 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

i dont have a nova but id assume would blow peoples minds when they see 16 weapons melded into one chassis

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...64c2736f7831a19

#77 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

The Nova is so good, I'm pretty much looking to sell every other non-phoenix/hero medium I own. There's no point in having them. I'll buy the Stormcrow when it's released for c-bills - but the Nova on it's own can do it all. Great mid-long range firepower, insane close quarters firepower and decent agility.

#78 Red Line Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:35 AM

It is like two HBK 4P's in one XD

Edited by Red Line Pilot, 06 July 2014 - 04:35 AM.

#79 Rattler85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

Any suggestions for the Nova-B. I am currently running erll, uac5 (2 tons ammo), 2mg and erml.

#80 qki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

View PostRattler85, on 12 July 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Any suggestions for the Nova-B. I am currently running erll, uac5 (2 tons ammo), 2mg and erml.

try dumping the erll, taking 4 erml and 4 mg (with 2 tons of ammo) - a pretty versatile build.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users