• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 354 posts
  • LocationSWMT

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostDreadDjinn, on 22 June 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

As per sarna.net/wiki :

Known Ghost Bear bloodnames are: Gurdel, Snuka, Bekker, Hall, Jorgensson, Tseng, Del Villar, Kabrinsky, Vong, Bourjon, Gilmour, and Devon.

If your surname does not match any of these, you are a freebirth warrior.

In my case, it's a nom de guerre. For someone who doesn't look Amerindian, having a last name of 'Ghost Bear' just looks a bit odd to Spheroids. It also reduces the likelihood of being targeted by Wolfnet. And provides a clever cover to protect from summary Annihilation once the Clans show up.

#162 Csypher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

Csypher Reporting in.

To victory brothers.

#163 _Kodiak_

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBreaching your c-pit hatch

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

I have an Idea ....To find our ilKhan we must have a free for all last 5 standing throw down for ilKhan, Khan ,saKhan , Galaxy Commander 1 and 2 . [ order of death determine rank, first downed mech recieves GC2 rank, next GC1.....]
then have another grinding session to get the last 10 standing to form the keshiek.

Khans of current Galaxies and Trinarys disseminate the the battle strageties to their respective combat teams.

Once all is established , Let the great bear wake from it's slumber and carnage to follow.

Brothers and sisters of the Ghost Bear , time is close we must prepare , we must be organized before the other clans get their chit together.

Reflecting on the past and looking to the present to all the surviving units we did our trials our free-for-alls, we all are the last ones standing. Eventually I would like to see mixed units in drops working together, that will be the biggest , loudest roar .

Clan Ghost Bear is one and moves as one.

Edited by CGB KodiBekker, 07 July 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#164 Diablo48

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationRasalhague Dominion

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Well, it has been a while since I poked my head into these forums so I figured I should come say hi and ask what news we have on how the Clans will be implemented.

#165 Csypher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

from what i've hurd.......... i hope they add clans if not at launch then later just hope they add them at some point. If they dont id be shocked they picked the year they did. :huh:

#166 Shadow Jorgensson

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

For the honor and glory of Clan Ghost Bear. It's been many years since I've played Mechwarrior. My first Mechwarrior game was Mechwarrior 2. Loved it so much, I got all the expansions and every iteration of Mechwarrior there after. My Clan of preference has always been Clan Ghost Bear. Back in the day, I was Star Colonel, Galaxy Commander, and SaKhan in previous Ghost Bear clans. I hope to be just as good as I was before and join the Ghost Bears in the epic clan invasion :)

Edited by Stephen Jorgensson, 10 July 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#167 Csypher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

So in the chat talks with dev's and other staff people making MW:0 we were able to find out that they don't plan on having clans starting off or in the future. So i guess mercenary till something happens ?

Edited by Csypher, 12 July 2012 - 12:27 AM.

#168 _Kodiak_

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBreaching your c-pit hatch

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:39 AM

View PostCsypher, on 12 July 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

So in the chat talks with dev's and other staff people making MW:0 we were able to find out that they don't plan on having clans starting off or in the future. So i guess mercenary till something happens ?

yay

#169 Frigidity

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

View PostCsypher, on 12 July 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

Bear's Dragoons?

#170 Geobaldi Tseng

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

Some things I feel important to remind everyone:

Ghost Bear is a FAMILY. We are the only clan who was founded by a married couple. We form family ties and relationships amongst our warriors. Our warriors fight with their "family" forever.

...and while we might occasionally squabble among ourselves, NO ONE else is allowed to criticize our brothers.

And any man who can survive the Clawing ceremony can be a Ghost Bear warrior. And to lead our brothers, we must not only survive the fortnight in the frigid artic, but to meet and bring back the sacred Bear as a show of their fitness to lead.

(as you can tell, I have spent MUCH time as a Loremaster).

Hail my brothers and sisters.

#171 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hello Ghost Bears!

Seems so formal, calling by your full name all the time. Lets see cubcicles? Nah, people might think you favor ice maps. Invisible ambush bipolar bears? Meh, but might hurt recruiting. Best to merge the best of all synonyms and go with "See through teddies". Please get rid of the bear clawsaw logo and get something hotter:

Posted Image

#172 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

Ghost Brigade :P

Posted Image

#173 Geobaldi Tseng

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

Anyone else getting sick of their (I guess, for lack of a better term) adopted IS houses negative attitudes towards member who might join with the clans if given the chance?

At this point I'm about ready to depopulate my current "house" and go merc, or join House Marik or something.

Is anyone else feeling a bit hard used? Or am I just being a bit overly sensitive. It's OK, you can tell me. :)

#174 Insidious Johnson

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

I'd ride you like a rented mule, Tseng, just 'cuz you'd let me :ph34r:.

#175 Xyph3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 213 posts
  • LocationRight behind you, in his AC/20 Raven

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:42 PM

this thread looks quite dead, so first of all: TONIGHT, DRINKS ARE ON ME, BROTHERS!!!

- now that i (hopefully) have your attention,
i think while we are getting closer to the Open Beta it is time to bring back some life into this thread and start getting used to fight (and afterwards have some more glasses at the bar) alongside our fellow GhostBear brothers, quiaff?

so all of you that are interested, feel free to send me a friend invite.

#176 Yolan

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

YAY Clan Ghost Bear!

Hey you guys recruiting? Website? Trying to find a home. I <3 Clan Ghost Bear and Kodiaks :P.

#177 qultar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

long time fan of the clan (have the old books next to me)
how are we forming till there is a true clan to join saw some in FRR
but there is a lot of hate there with little logic
(i am big on lore so of a group needs a loremaster let me know)

#178 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

The 304th Assault Cluster, or as the IS will know us for a year, Ghost Brigade Merc Corp are active MWLL, and have been for over a year now and soon to be MWO, though founder members are starting to get organized for it. Feel free to check us out. Our den is friendly and inviting. I am going to be trying to update the page over the next few weeks to get ready for MWO better.

I know there is a German Clan Ghost Bear that are re-forming that are often around. A simple Outrech recruiting section search should find it easy.

I think there was one other CGB based unit hibernating around here somewhere.

Drawing strength from each other, they survived;

Tseng and Jorgensson emerged from the snow,

And forged a Clan in the ghost bear's mold:

Unity of purpose and strength of spirit,

No task undertaken lightly or left half-done.

To these ideals we hold true until we all shall fall.

-- The Remembrance, Passage 45, Verse 6, Lines 13-18

Posted Image

Edited by CoffiNail, 08 August 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#179 Xyph3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 213 posts
  • LocationRight behind you, in his AC/20 Raven

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

and for all those too lazy to search for the GCGB thread,
here´s a link to our Homepage :rolleyes: :
http://www.geisterbaeren.de/

Edited by Xyph3r, 08 August 2012 - 09:49 PM.

#180 Hidran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 131 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

I like ghost bears for the name and the insignia. I cant say I know enough about them to really be a fan. :/
poor me haven't played mechwarrior 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users