148 replies to this topic

#1 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

Okay. Thought experiment.

Let’s assume for a moment that all of you get just exactly what you want.

Clan lasers gain 60% increased heat over current levels, the CERSL gets bumped down to 3 damage, and their beam times are drawn out to 1.5s for the CERSL, 2s for the ERML and 3S for the ERLL. 1.3s for the CSPL, 1.8s for the CMPL and 2.8s for the CLPL, just to ensure that there’s no option anywhere whatsoever for short-duration Clan lasers, and also they generate more heat than C-ERPPCs.

Except we also add 5 heat to the already brutal 15 of the C-ERPPC, making it 20 heat per shot and ensuring only one can ever be fired at a time, and also cutting 5 damage out of the pinpoint section of the shot and thusly making it 5 impact and 5 arcing damage.

The charge delay for the C-gauss is doubled over the IS Gauss, and the C-Gauss deals 3x the explosion damage of the IS Gauss, ignoring the Clans’ integrated CASE.

Clan missile ammunition per ton is cut in half, and Clan missiles themselves lose half their missile HP, rendering them twice as vulnerable to AMS even before streaming effects. Clan Streak launcher cycle times are increased to a flat 10s per launcher, regardless of tube counts, and also gain the jam chance Paul had initially mentioned way back in the day.

Clan UACs jam on every single double shot, period, bar none, and gain double the burst count they have now, but at no actual increase to burst speed, meaning the effective ‘burn time’ for Clan autocannons is doubled. No additional ammunition is added to account for the increased burst size, effectively halving all CUAC and CAC autocannon ammo counts.

Clan LBX autocannons now fire in bursts, with their burst counts identical to the current C-UAC burst counts of the same cannon grade, save that each shell in the burst is still a shotgun-style spread shot.

Clan machine guns are removed from the game altogether, and any ‘Mech that equips them in its stock configuration gets empty space/weight where those machine guns used to be. The ballistic hardpoints these M-guns used to offer are removed from their respective omnipods.

Clan ‘Mechs are isolated from the IS ‘Mechs in the queue and are dropped 5v12, a single Star vs. an Inner Sphere company, and start the match in the center of any given map, with the IS lances surrounding them on three sides. As well, 3/3/3/3 doesn’t apply to matches against Clan ‘Mechs – there are no tonnage or weight class restrictions against the Clans.

Clan pilots are also struck with steep C-bill penalties for not adhering to Zellbrigen during matches – fight like an Inner Sphere pilot and even if you win, your match earnings are down below 50k C-bills due to violation penalties for not engaging strictly in a series of honor duels, one-on-however-many-IS-pilots-think-you-have-a-pretty-mouth.

Let’s assume for a moment that all of this happens, that every single terrible idea, rage-fueled spazzout, and panic-stricken PGI PLZ NERF posted in the last week makes it into the game. What does this do to MWO, what does this do to the players, and what does it do to the Commodity warfare Everyone© is so incredibly eager for them to put out? Where do we go, after The Community (except for the N.O.P.E. guys, who don’t care because they want the entire game to fail anyways) makes absolutely sure that the evil, looming phantasm of PEE TWO DOUBLEYOU has been thoroughly eradicated from their beloved game?

Hmm…wait. Are those accusations of hyperbole and grandstanding I hear?

FUNNY HOW THAT SOUNDS, INNIT?

All hyperbole and grandstanding aside…shut your blasted claps for a month and wait. See how things shake out, see what sort of builds and tactics develop. Metas don’t mutate overnight, answers aren’t found in an hour. This is the biggest single features release since the game became playable – did you really think it wasn’t going to be a wild ride? Either sit down, strap in, and enjoy the rumble, or take a damn break already!

Edited by 1453 R, 20 June 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#2 Hypocrisy

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

This, all of this.

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

View Post1453 R, on 20 June 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

Let’s assume for a moment that all of you get just exactly what you want.

Clan lasers gain 60% increased heat over current levels, the CERSL gets bumped down to 3 damage, and their beam times are drawn out to 1.5s for the CERSL, 2s for the ERML and 3S for the ERLL. 1.3s for the CSPL, 1.8s for the CMPL and 2.8s for the CLPL, just to ensure that there’s no option anywhere whatsoever for short-duration Clan lasers, and also they generate more heat than C-ERPPCs.

Except we also add 5 heat to the already brutal 15 of the C-ERPPC, making it 20 heat per shot and ensuring only one can ever be fired at a time, and also cutting 5 damage out of the pinpoint section of the shot and thusly making it 5 impact and 5 arcing damage.

The charge delay for the C-gauss is doubled over the IS Gauss, and the C-Gauss deals 3x the explosion damage of the IS Gauss, ignoring the Clans’ integrated CASE.

Clan missile ammunition per ton is cut in half, and Clan missiles themselves lose half their missile HP, rendering them twice as vulnerable to AMS even before streaming effects. Clan Streak launcher cycle times are increased to a flat 10s per launcher, regardless of tube counts, and also gain the jam chance Paul had initially mentioned way back in the day.

Clan UACs jam on every single double shot, period, bar none, and gain double the burst count they have now, but at no actual increase to burst speed, meaning the effective ‘burn time’ for Clan autocannons is doubled. No additional ammunition is added to account for the increased burst size, effectively halving all CUAC and CAC autocannon ammo counts.

Clan LBX autocannons now fire in bursts, with their burst counts identical to the current C-UAC burst counts of the same cannon grade, save that each shell in the burst is still a shotgun-style spread shot.

Clan machine guns are removed from the game altogether, and any ‘Mech that equips them in its stock configuration gets empty space/weight where those machine guns used to be. The ballistic hardpoints these M-guns used to offer are removed from their respective omnipods.

Clan ‘Mechs are isolated from the IS ‘Mechs in the queue and are dropped 5v12, a single Star vs. an Inner Sphere company, and start the match in the center of any given map, with the IS lances surrounding them on three sides. As well, 3/3/3/3 doesn’t apply to matches against Clan ‘Mechs – there are no tonnage or weight class restrictions against the Clans.

Clan pilots are also struck with steep C-bill penalties for not adhering to Zellbrigen during matches – fight like an Inner Sphere pilot and even if you win, your match earnings are down below 50k C-bills due to violation penalties for not engaging strictly in a series of honor duels, one-on-however-many-IS-pilots-think-you-have-a-pretty-mouth.

Let’s assume for a moment that all of this happens, that every single terrible idea, rage-fueled spazzout, and panic-stricken PGI PLZ NERF posted in the last week makes it into the game. What does this do to MWO, what does this do to the players, and what does it do to the Commodity warfare Everyone© is so incredibly eager for them to put out? Where do we go, after The Community (except for the N.O.P.E. guys, who don’t care because they want the entire game to fail anyways) makes absolutely sure that the evil, looming phantasm of PEE TWO DOUBLEYOU has been thoroughly eradicated from their beloved game?

Hmm…wait. Are those accusations of hyperbole and grandstanding I hear?

FUNNY HOW THAT SOUNDS, INNIT?

All hyperbole and grandstanding aside…shut your blasted claps for a month and wait. See how things shake out, see what sort of builds and tactics develop. Metas don’t mutate overnight, answers aren’t found in an hour. This is the biggest single features release since the game became playable – did you really think it wasn’t going to be a wild ride? Either sit down, strap in, and enjoy the rumble, or take a damn break already!

I would do this to the DEVs (go to 17 seconds)

#4 By Dysentery

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

And again:

Clam tech can be OP as much as it wants.
I want a gameplay nerf.

10 clammers vs 12 IS ones.
Plus objectives.

Then you can all pet your superior control sticks for 200$ and feel good about it, while normal players have fun too.

Edited by By Dysentery, 20 June 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#5 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

Hypocrisy... Dysentery... They are a few of my favorite things! ;)

#6 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

View PostBy Dysentery, on 20 June 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

And again:

I want a gameplay nerf.

Plus objectives.

Then you can all pet your superior control sticks for 200$ and feel good about it, while normal players have fun too.

Hey.

Hey, hey.

Heeeeeeeyyyyy.

Hey buddy.

…I see your clap is, in fact, still open.

Please refer to original post, paragraph 15, line 1.

You may return in one month’s time to renew this subject of discussion, provided the rest of the playerbase hasn’t solved your problem for you.

EDIT: I s'pose I should expect a bunch of crap from a guy named Dysentery, eh Joe? ;)

Edited by 1453 R, 20 June 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#7 Corbenik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:47 PM

Teamwork is OP lets Nerf that some more D:

#8 By Dysentery

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

View Post1453 R, on 20 June 2014 - 04:44 PM, said:

Hey.

Hey, hey.

Heeeeeeeyyyyy.

Hey buddy.

…I see your clap is, in fact, still open.

Please refer to original post, paragraph 15, line 1.

You may return in one month’s time to renew this subject of discussion, provided the rest of the playerbase hasn’t solved your problem for you.

EDIT: I s'pose I should expect a bunch of crap from a guy named Dysentery, eh Joe? ;)

I admire your class and ability to make a point. You are an asset to this community.

Edited by By Dysentery, 20 June 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#9 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostCorbenik, on 20 June 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

Inoryte? Gotta make sure we get that targeting system, too. R key OP, Prana plz nerf.

View PostBy Dysentery, on 20 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I admire your class and ability to make a point.

I’ve been practicing. Does it show?

Edited by 1453 R, 20 June 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#10 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

View PostBy Dysentery, on 20 June 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

And again:

I want a gameplay nerf.

Plus objectives.

Clams are not OP... If anything, Prawn are.

#11 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

View PostSephlock, on 20 June 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

Clams are not OP... If anything, Prawn are.

Remember, clams have to face grains of sand for the full burn time of their pearl-making process in order to produce jewelry. It takes guts and skill. or just guts. Generally irritated guts. Which could translated to irritated bowels.

I feel another Dysentery joke coming on. Think I'll click 'Post' before it gets all the way through.

#12 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

View PostBy Dysentery, on 20 June 2014 - 04:48 PM, said:

I admire your class and ability to make a point. You are an asset to this community.

ass-et? Is that another dysentery joke?

#13 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

I really enjoy this thread. Makes a good point. Most people in here aren't busy flaming each other. Seems like a great place to be in.

#14 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

View Post1453 R, on 20 June 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

Naw, no need to nerf everything into oblivion. Just make clan players bind one hand behind their back and make steering wheels (or the power glove) a requirement. ;)

#15 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

View PostExilyth, on 20 June 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

Naw, no need to nerf everything into oblivion. Just make clan players bind one hand behind their back and make steering wheels (or the power glove) a requirement. ;)

WHOOOOAAAAAAH there, buddy. Now you just hold on a cotton-pickin' minute there!

You keep the Power Glove outta this!

#16 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:15 PM

View Post1453 R, on 20 June 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

You keep the Power Glove outta this!

I would love to... but it's too late:

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostCorbenik, on 20 June 2014 - 04:47 PM, said:

Two man teams max per group?

#18 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 20 June 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Two man teams max per group?

Yeah, who uses lances anyways?

#19 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

Aren't those the things the 'Mech cosplayers use in those weird alpha-strike contests at the Renaissance Fair?

Posted Image

#20 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

View Post1453 R, on 20 June 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

Aren't those the things the 'Mech cosplayers use in those weird alpha-strike contests at the Renaissance Fair?

Posted Image

FTFY.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users