148 replies to this topic

#41 Diranar

• Pip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSchleswig-Holstein, Germany

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

This Post does not tell me anything besides giving Tips which are nonsense...

#42 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

Wasn't meant to! This is ATTN: - you want advice, go elsewhere! The intent of this thread is to stem the tide of screeching angermonkeys all screaming PEE TWO DOUBLEYOU at the tippiest-top of their tippy-top lungs, and also to have some laughs! Either laugh or shut your clap - those are your options in ATTN!

#43 Diranar

• Pip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSchleswig-Holstein, Germany

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

i can't follow...you are writing rubbish and your opinion isn't relevant to me at all, i just listed what is really p2w and that the company is the "enemy", not other players.
btw...i have more than just 2 options, i have like millions of them.

And for your Sentence "The same stuff has been done for the Phoenix packages too, but no one cried P2W back then when those packages hit."

-thats simply false - The Forum was full of massive complaining and flamming there, but it got deleted from the forums by The Piranha Scam Cleaning Group :D

Edited by Diranar, 22 June 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#44 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

View PostDiranar, on 22 June 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

There is one thing PGI could do to get rid of all the Pay to Win Threads with some little simple steps :
- Mechs at Release for MC OR Credits , no waittime for "free to players"
- If i can Buy Credits for MC , why no MC for Credits ?
- If i buy a Hero Mech i have to pay MC, but can sell it for Ingame Credits - WtF...?
- Some fair Package Prices would be ok like 10 Bucks per Mech, but 30 ? Are you kidding, i get a whole game for that (a Game that is "Final" ...btw), and a single "a la kak" Mech for over 50 bucks ? for sure...we are all Millionaires out here XD
-some of the "Game" that you promised since early Beta.
At the moment , its a high overprised Mech Skirmish Game... nothing more

And now to these Trolls that will say : "... He isnt a real Player , hes got not even a Phoenix Packet or is a Founder..."
- No iam not, cause i can also smell a stinking fish, if i see one (and i am not a Millionaire, but a german guy, so please ignore my bad english if you find it offending ) :D

Then why bother putting out a package you pay for at all...? That is a terrible business plan...who on earth would pay for something they could get for free the same day? No one.

Because MC can buy hero mechs, the 2 have an exchange rate and it is not a 2 way rate.

That mech is worth currency in game, you cannot get MC back for something you paid MC for, that would create 2 separate economies...microeconomics 101 stuff guy.

Clan package = 24 mechs x $10 each = $240...what was your point again? Plus 90 days premium time...

You smell a stinking fish because it is under the seat of your car, that has nothing to do with this game.

Edited by Gyrok, 22 June 2014 - 07:47 PM.

#45 Powder Puff Pew Pew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts
  • LocationI live in a Mech Hangar

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

I just wana say F--- you to anyone who didnt buy a clan package and who is now whining their eyes out. Get the F--- out, uninstall the game cuz I hate Whiney pu$$y players who have nothing better to do than try and force dev's to nerf something I love. I play MWO with a 1700-1800 MS ping and I still manage to get kills and average 400 dmg per match and no I'm not a LRM noob either. If I'm able to do that, and I'm a chick and I'm kicking your ass's whats that say about you guys? I would kill someones mom in front of them for a ping in the triple digits. Clan mechs are under nerfed I think, it is such a rip off they dont have upgraded armor capabilities. However I still play my IS mechs too and still kick you whiners ass back to your mech hanger. I laugh so hard, when I see some whiney noob get pumeled with a ping in the double digits. Seriously? How can people get killed or not even get kills with pings in the 30's?

This whiney thread is pathetic, ya I'm whining about you guys whining. So sad really. Grow up!

#46 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

But that all they come here to the forums to do. THIS IS OP (lurms, clans, AC's, 4-mans, whatever)

After all. What they want is dumbwarrior. Where they are godly and everybody else is there just for them to kill. That's just fair, right??

#47 Powder Puff Pew Pew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts
  • LocationI live in a Mech Hangar

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostBartholomew bartholomew, on 22 June 2014 - 08:28 PM, said:

But that all they come here to the forums to do. THIS IS OP (lurms, clans, AC's, 4-mans, whatever)

After all. What they want is dumbwarrior. Where they are godly and everybody else is there just for them to kill. That's just fair, right??

Pretty much, ya lol. Dumb noobs want dumb or less than equal players to kill. So why not try and make everyone else on here dumb with their useless dribble on what weapons are too OP or make you believe theyre idiocy.

#48 Martis Gradivus

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationBusy taking DC planets

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

Whiners will still find something to complain about clans still being OP.

I say we deport them all.............I hear Mogadishu is nice this time of year.....

Edited by Martis Gradivus, 22 June 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#49 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:04 AM

View PostDiranar, on 22 June 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

There is one thing PGI could do to get rid of all the Pay to Win Threads with some little simple steps :
- Mechs at Release for MC OR Credits , no waittime for "free to players"
- If i can Buy Credits for MC , why no MC for Credits ?
- If i buy a Hero Mech i have to pay MC, but can sell it for Ingame Credits - WtF...?
- Some fair Package Prices would be ok like 10 Bucks per Mech, but 30 ? Are you kidding, i get a whole game for that (a Game that is "Final" ...btw), and a single "a la kak" Mech for over 50 bucks ? for sure...we are all Millionaires out here XD
-some of the "Game" that you promised since early Beta.
At the moment , its a high overprised Mech Skirmish Game... nothing more

And now to these Trolls that will say : "... He isnt a real Player , hes got not even a Phoenix Packet or is a Founder..."
- No iam not, cause i can also smell a stinking fish, if i see one (and i am not a Millionaire, but a german guy, so please ignore my bad english if you find it offending ) :D

I actually agree with most of this.

The only reasons I can find for them not making these package mechs available immediately are as follows:
1- Smaller sample to deal with if things are broken, and allows them to finalize fixes before full release
2- Reward the players that paid with early access.

That's it.

Other than that, mostly solid, however, the MC for C-bills bit will pretty much destroy their income. 90% of it comes from premium time and small scale MC purchases.

View PostPowder Puff Pew Pew, on 22 June 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

I just wana say F--- you to anyone who didnt buy a clan package and who is now whining their eyes out. Get the F--- out, uninstall the game cuz I hate Whiney pu$$y players who have nothing better to do than try and force dev's to nerf something I love. I play MWO with a 1700-1800 MS ping and I still manage to get kills and average 400 dmg per match and no I'm not a LRM noob either. If I'm able to do that, and I'm a chick and I'm kicking your ass's whats that say about you guys? I would kill someones mom in front of them for a ping in the triple digits. Clan mechs are under nerfed I think, it is such a rip off they dont have upgraded armor capabilities. However I still play my IS mechs too and still kick you whiners ass back to your mech hanger. I laugh so hard, when I see some whiney noob get pumeled with a ping in the double digits. Seriously? How can people get killed or not even get kills with pings in the 30's?

This whiney thread is pathetic, ya I'm whining about you guys whining. So sad really. Grow up!

You're awesome. I like you. High five, and thank you for saying this.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 23 June 2014 - 12:12 AM.

#50 Gambino87

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:37 AM

View PostBy Dysentery, on 20 June 2014 - 04:40 PM, said:

And again:

Clam tech can be OP as much as it wants.
I want a gameplay nerf.

10 clammers vs 12 IS ones.
Plus objectives.

Then you can all pet your superior control sticks for 200$ and feel good about it, while normal players have fun too.

Posted Image

Edited by Gambino87, 23 June 2014 - 01:38 AM.

#51 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:04 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 21 June 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

The T-wolf pods don't need to be nerfed. The two mechs operate in completely different ways, and should remain as they are pod-wise.

Imho, no, the timberwolf S should at least have its JJ's fixed.

Edited by Lily from animove, 23 June 2014 - 02:04 AM.

#52 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 23 June 2014 - 02:04 AM, said:

Imho, no, the timberwolf S should at least have its JJ's fixed.

That, I can work with. Much better than a full pod nerf

#53 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:26 AM

i think the biggest problem in MWO is not balance,its selecting a mech before you know the map.if you knew you were dropping on alpine you wouldnt bring your close range mech,or your energy alpha mech to terra therma.dropping in a match now is like an episode of lost in space.

#54 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:41 AM

View PostPowder Puff Pew Pew, on 22 June 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Methinks ya misread me, Powderpuff! I'm trying to get those people to shaddap, not encouraging them. Started this thread so I could have a ready-made, hot-linkable 'QUIETATE THYSELF' whenever I spotted a new "Cl@ns OP, Prana plz nerf" thread. Not my fault they come in here and argue with me instead of doing the sensible thing and shutting their claps!

#55 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

Its always the same. Doesn't matter what it is, any new thing is *always* accompanied by cries of OP! And if its for sale for real money, its P2W.

See: every new thing added to the game, ever.

And always before anyone has had time to adjust.

#56 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 24 June 2014 - 05:50 PM, said:

Its always the same. Doesn't matter what it is, any new thing is *always* accompanied by cries of OP! And if its for sale for real money, its P2W.

See: every new thing added to the game, ever.

Usually comes from people having a hard time wrapping their heads around the idea of adapting. They want things to stay stagnant, as that requires little to no thought. However, once new tech comes in, and it's different. Those that don't think will start crying OP.

See, even the players that actually think and consider everything and still say clan tech needs tweaks don't say it's OP or P2W. They say it's in a good place, could use a couple of tweaks. Tweaks, not NERF PLZZZ

#57 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 24 June 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

Usually comes from people having a hard time wrapping their heads around the idea of adapting. They want things to stay stagnant, as that requires little to no thought. However, once new tech comes in, and it's different. Those that don't think will start crying OP.

See, even the players that actually think and consider everything and still say clan tech needs tweaks don't say it's OP or P2W. They say it's in a good place, could use a couple of tweaks. Tweaks, not NERF PLZZZ

Exactly. I love the C-ERSL to death, but even I'll admit it could stand to generate more heat than it does and still be good. Conversely, the CSPL is an abortion and needs to be completely redone. As do all Clan pulsebeams, really. The C-ERML is in a good spot, but I agree with Bishop - the IS ML could use a few friendly adjustments now that we're seeing lasers which are actually useful in-game as a stick to measure against.

Honestly? I almost want to suggest a .1s or .2s cut to IS beam durations mostly across the board rather than upset the applecart for Clan beams. Clan beams feel good, they feel right. The IS beams feel more anemic than ever in comparison.

Edited by 1453 R, 24 June 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#58 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

View Post1453 R, on 24 June 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

Honestly? I almost want to suggest a .1s or .2s cut to IS beam durations mostly across the board rather than upset the applecart for Clan beams. Clan beams feel good, they feel right. The IS beams feel more anemic than ever in comparison.

Indeed. Mind you, this is just highlighting a pre-existing issue - even before Clans, lasers were very lackluster weapons generally only useful to very light mechs without better options, particularly the venerable Medium Laser.

View PostIraqiWalker, on 24 June 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

Sadly, these are the people who can't or won't actually learn things. They copy whatever the current "meta" is (or what they read it is), whatever is currently "best". They then do that, and get really, really bent out of shape when whatever that is no longer works.

However, being lazy/bad, they are uninterested in actually learning the hows and whys, and instead just cry on the forums for a while. This is particularly noticable when they cannot just start using whatever the new imagined "meta" is (such as with clan mechs now) ... Even if the solution to their problems isn't game changes, but rather just play style changes.

#59 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

View Post1453 R, on 24 June 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

Exactly. I love the C-ERSL to death, but even I'll admit it could stand to generate more heat than it does and still be good. Conversely, the CSPL is an abortion and needs to be completely redone. As do all Clan pulsebeams, really. The C-ERML is in a good spot, but I agree with Bishop - the IS ML could use a few friendly adjustments now that we're seeing lasers which are actually useful in-game as a stick to measure against.

It's very simple. IS SL needs to go back down to 2 heat instead of 3.

IS ML needs to go back to 4 heat instead of 5.

C-ERSL needs to go up 1 heat.

The others are fine.

Also, clan pulse lasers were always this way. Even in TT. They were never meant to be better than regular lasers, mostly because clan scientists neglected upgrading them, unlike regular lasers.

I like the pulse lasers the way they are. They are almost perfect, even when compared to the TT version.

#60 Atheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 826 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

View PostPowder Puff Pew Pew, on 22 June 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

Pretty much, ya lol. Dumb noobs want dumb or less than equal players to kill. So why not try and make everyone else on here dumb with their useless dribble on what weapons are too OP or make you believe theyre idiocy.

Is this your submission for most condescending post on the internet award? It's a pretty strong entry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users