- - - - -

Upcoming Patch - Feedback

394 replies to this topic

#21 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

I foresee a lot of guys that just want to play with their 9-10 friends to have fun, (not to have a huge edge against the opponents, of course not!), will suddenly gladly play separately in a couple 3-4 man premades instead.

#22 Kalam Mehkar

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

Sounds well done to me. Nice balancing of the large group issues. In a perfect world it would probably be nice to allow 2-4 person groups elect to be in the "Large Groups" queue or just the "PUG" queue.

Also, nice work on choosing not to institute multiple JJ nerfs in the same patch. Letting things settle again and get an idea of how much impact the leg damage update does to current playstyles is a surprising change of pace. :D

Looking forward to July!

#23 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

Can't wait to give it a try!

#24 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

View PostTorgun, on 23 June 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

I foresee a lot of guys that just want to play with their 9-10 friends to have fun, (not to have a huge edge against the opponents, of course not!), will suddenly gladly play separately in a couple 3-4 man premades instead.

Where they are apparently just as likely to end up in the group queue as not. Something tells me they'd prefer to part of the larger group than the smaller one.

#25 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

Lets just hope the matchmaker will sort most of the concerns out.. and place 12 man vs 12 man first then look for a 10+2 and any smaller groups would be 5+7 vs 4+8 and so on down to 4+2+3+3 vs 4+4+2+2.

#26 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

Who are you? And what did you do with PGI?

I am anxious to see what happens with the larger groups, but I am not going to throw everything into it yet, as I am concerned about the queue size for 5-10 groups.

Looking forward to the leg damage scalar, sad that the Jumpjet heat will not be there, but I sincerely hope that Jump Jets will have a significant thrust output, for a short duration rather than be the anti-gravity drives they are currently. (I want to feel as though my mechwarrior has been thrown into the back of his seat for the duration of lift-off.) A true JUMP jet, would be most welcome.

#27 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Guess the JJ meta game COW you gotta buy into to win this meta fest has fallen over dead, and no longer will all variants of poptarts sell faster than hotcakes........This only makes sense. after all we knew this problem existed to hamper our fun factor and sell META chassis for almost 2 YEARS now.

#28 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

This will be interesting for groups of 2 droping with 10 against a 12 man or a 5, 5, 2.

Instead of having 2-10 maybe keep even numbers over 4.

Just having 6, 8, 10. this depends on the pool of teams playing though.

#29 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Everything sounds good although i do have some questions about the fall damage/jumpjet topic. WIll Highlanders receive bonus perks to reduce fall damage as they were designed to crush mechs (Death From Above) manuevers?

#30 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostSable, on 23 June 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Everything sounds good although i do have some questions about the fall damage/jumpjet topic. WIll Highlanders receive bonus perks to reduce fall damage as they were designed to crush mechs (Death From Above) manuevers?

I suspect not, at least not until they implement knockdowns and DFAs.. if they do at all.

#31 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:17 AM

"Groups of 2-4 will either be placed into the “Solo Public Queue” or the “Group Queue”. Players choosing to play in groups of 5-10 or 12 will ALWAYS be placed into the “Group Queue”."

To those that are complaining about being thrown up against groups while soloing. Nothing will change. It's still gonna be the same as you have now. Deal with it.

groups playing in a 5-10 man group will be placed against other people in that size of groups or so.

Yeah so what "casual" 5-10 or 12 might be pit up against hardcore competitive groups....so what? You either get beat or win...move on to the next game and hopefully learn something from getting your face stomped. No one learns anything from winning all the time.

I for one am looking forward to this change.

Edited by Kibble, 23 June 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#32 TygerLily

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

JJ changes: THANK GOD!

As far as 11-mans: let them drop!
1) It'd be better to have them playing!
2) 11-coordinated is magnitudes above a 4 and 8 man, separately coordinated. They'll be just fine...the only time they will see trouble is versus a full 12-man. But then...disconnects have left us fighting 11 v 12 before. Nothing we haven't seen or overcome.

#33 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostBilbo, on 23 June 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

Where they are apparently just as likely to end up in the group queue as not. Something tells me they'd prefer to part of the larger group than the smaller one.

Depends on how often you drop in group only queue or not in 2-4 premade, I think the odds are you'll end up escaping the group only queue more often than not since there seems to be more solo players than not.

Edited by Torgun, 23 June 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#34 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

View PostKibble, on 23 June 2014 - 11:17 AM, said:

"Groups of 2-4 will either be placed into the “Solo Public Queue” or the “Group Queue”. Players choosing to play in groups of 5-10 or 12 will ALWAYS be placed into the “Group Queue”."

To those that are complaining about being thrown up against groups while soloing. Nothing will change. It's still gonna be the same as you have now. Deal with it.

No it actually won't. There will only be one group on either side. Not the case at the moment.

#35 P4riah1

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

If this is how it will work, I'll never play in a group again. Which might mean I'll stop playing this game.

I play sometimes solo, most of the time in a 2-man with my brother, and sometimes in a 4-man on NGNG streams. One of the major downsides of MWO for me is that the more casual community (such as myself) and the trytards have no way of naturally separating themselves from each other and playing in our own little corners with like minded people like happens in most games. Since I have a high ELO (which I hate), I am forced to have a chance to match with/against competitive players. When that happens, chances are I will have a not fun match. Their style of play and their universally ****** attitudes do not make a fun game for me personally.

And if grouping means I will be matched up with these people even more frequently by being FORCED into the group queue, then I will not group. Which means I will no longer play with my brother. Or join in on the NGNG stream lances. Which combined is ~80% of my playtime.

Give 2-4 mans the option of choosing which queue to use, and I will be happy. The various players can separate out their communities of like-minded people with all sorts of perfectly legitimate ways of enjoying the game and being happy. But if I'm to be forced even more to share matches with people who make the game unenjoyable for me to play, then I'll have to say goodbye.

#36 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

Absolutely extraordinary work and great decisions, Mr. Bullock and PGI. Well-done, indeed. :D

#37 Cpt Zaepp

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 88 posts
  • LocationOn Alpine, Hamburger Hill, watching my team spreading out like a cheap prostitute on Solaris VII...

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

Great news!

Could it made possible to queue up with a mech and all its variants instead just with one variant and select the variant we want to play while readying up?

With this feature we would be able to adapt to the current map, team-composition and game-mode instead of picking a jack-of-all-trades cookie-cutter build to avoid dropping on alpine with a brawler for example.

#38 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostTorgun, on 23 June 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Depends on how often you drop in group only queue or not in 2-4 premade, I think the odds are you'll end up escaping the group only queue more often than not since there seems to be more solo players than not.

No way to know right now but if I were doing it, I'd be trying to fill teams in the group queue first, then push them into the solo queue.

#39 DEN_Ninja

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,097 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:24 AM

Major downside is the opinions of 2-4 player groups vs 5-10's

There are tons of small groups that only want to play with small groups. Give the opt out choice to the the solo and 2-4 groups.

#40 Sirgrant

• PipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSan DIego Area (Vista, CA)

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

Hey Russ,

EXCELLENT feedback on the JJ heat exclusion, not just "put on hold" but an actual reason which makes sense. Thank You Sir!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users