- - - - -

Upcoming Patch - Feedback

394 replies to this topic

#41 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostMuonNeutrino, on 23 June 2014 - 10:57 AM, said:

Ugh. I know I am going to be in the distinct minority here, but this absolutely royally sucks balls. I DO NOT WANT TO GET DRAGGED INTO THE 12 QUEUE JUST BECAUSE I WANT TO PLAY WITH A BUDDY! If me and my buddy are screwing around in silly mechs like (gasp!) assaults that aren't victors or heavies that aren't cataphracts/timber wolves, I do not want to become the 2-man filler in a 10v12 tryhard match! Please, please, please give 2-4 groups the change to opt out of being dragged into the 'groups' queue. If this goes in, I will never be playing in a group again; it just won't be worth it.

I need to agree!

#42 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostBilbo, on 23 June 2014 - 11:23 AM, said:

No way to know right now but if I were doing it, I'd be trying to fill teams in the group queue first, then push them into the solo queue.

Premades getting outpremaded by larger premades? You might think something that premades love to tell solo players would be useful here too: Get more friends!

#43 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

Thank you!

#44 Sprouticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

View PostTorgun, on 23 June 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Premades getting outpremaded by larger premades? You might think something that premades love to tell solo players would be useful here too: Get more friends!

This made me laugh.

#45 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

This is all kinds of awesome!

Where is Roadbeer?

#46 Pygar

• Knight Errant
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

OMG PUGSTOMP TIEM?!? SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!1!

Edited by Pygar, 23 June 2014 - 11:32 AM.

#47 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostTorgun, on 23 June 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

I quit trying to play 12-mans regularly because of the difficulty involved in actually getting a match. Not to mention keeping the 12-man together long enough to get it. This solves one of those problems quite nicely. Still to be seen whether finding a match would happen on a more regular basis. I personally wouldn't care if I occasionally filled up an 11-man group, but others probably don't want anything to do with it.

#48 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

View PostNRP, on 23 June 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

This is all kinds of awesome!

Where is Roadbeer?

I'd love to see him answer the players who think this is a bad idea.

He always thinks that PGI is the enemy and never considers that part of the community might agree with them.

#49 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

I am drooling at MWO news for the first time in a long time. This is very encouraging.

#50 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

I want to make something clear to everyone here:

WE asked for a lot of these features and PGI listened implemented them

If they don't work.... it is our fault not theirs.

That being said... LARGE GROUPS YEEHAW. Though I would like a option for 2-4 mans to be able to opt out of the large group queue. Though maybe it won't be so bad

Edited by cSand, 23 June 2014 - 11:36 AM.

#51 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

Sounds pretty neat, but does this take Elo into account for the group queue? I would assume the solo queue would use it, but the group queue would be significantly trickier to match by Elo. Sounds like a good start, and having tuning ***** is always a great idea.

edit: apparently [redacted]. is a swear LOLOL

edit2: ROFL double redacted! Whoops

Edited by Rizzelbizzeg, 23 June 2014 - 12:56 PM.
and going against the word filter is a rule violation ;-)

#52 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

So, this is what I'm getting.

Solo players will never be in games with groups in excess of 4 players, and will have only ONE premade per team.

2-4 man premades MIGHT get to stomp in solo queue...but also might get dragged into a queue that includes ALL sizes of groups.

5-10 man premades will ALWAYS be in the queue with groups of all sizes.

12 mans will be placed with OTHER 12 mans as a priority, but might also get to pugstomp varying sizes of groups of 2-10.

So...no more dedicated 12-man queue? Guessing that 'private matches' are reserved for that now.

#53 P4riah1

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

View PostSprouticus, on 23 June 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

This made me laugh.

Problem is, the pro premades only run 4-mans now because the 12 man queue only matches against 12 mans, and those are harder to set up, and 4 is the other max group size. What will happen is the pro groups will run however many of them are on at once, probably 6-8 man groups. So they will grow in avg size. And here will be me and my brother in our little two man pair, FORCED to match up against these people.

I had hoped that 3/3/3/3, 1 group per game in the solo queue, and more group queue options would have helped give the various communities the ability to better play the way they all want to with like minded people. I could play less against the competitive players, and they could have more options for playing against each other outside of the solo queue. I was even planning on dumping more money on MC as a reward to PGI once 3/3/3/3 came out and the game got 10x more fun like the 3/3/3/3 public test. Now, I'm not sure if the game will retain what fun it has if I have no choice but to play 100% solo or be forced even closer to the competitive players.

#54 vortmax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNorman, OK

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

Does median or mean ELO factor into whether a 2-4 man group is placed against a high-ELO 12-man? If so, then that should solve the issue of casual groups going against "pro" 12-mans.

I like what I'm hearing and I hope it works as planned!

#55 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

View PostP4riah1, on 23 June 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

I had hoped that 3/3/3/3, 1 group per game in the solo queue, and more group queue options would have helped give the various communities the ability to better play the way they all want to with like minded people.

I wish it could too, but they can only create so many queues before the wait times go bazookers.

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 23 June 2014 - 11:37 AM.

#56 turbofirefox

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 65 posts
  • LocationIDAHO

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

I consider myself to be a casual player of MWO. I play "competitive" adult co-ed soccer where teams are broken down into levels 1 to 7 (7 being the true beginners, 1 being the most competitive teams), I play in the 3-5 range. I don't want to play against a group of level 1's or level 7's... in those "games" either we get schooled, or we school them. Nobody really gets a chance to "practice", because the lower level team just can't win the ball. Those "games" will typically end up being a waste of everyone's time.

Another solution that I would favor (instead of my son and me being dropped with a 10 man group against a 12-man competitive team and getting ROFL-stomped) would be to allow the 12-mans to choose an "only drop us against another 12-man" checkbox. They get to really "practice", and the casual players get to keep the fun.

#57 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:39 AM

Whoot I've ran all my builds with TC already just so I was ready mwahah

Edited by shad0w4life, 23 June 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#58 MuonNeutrino

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 23 June 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

I wish it could too, but they can only create so many queues before the wait times go bazookers.

They don't even need to create any more queues to fix this, is the thing. Just give 2-4 man groups the ability to choose which of the two queues they get put in, instead of leaving it up to the matchmaker. That way I can drop only in the solo queue with my buddy in our joke builds and not have to worry about being the filler in a 22-poptart match, and the 4-man of comp players can drop only in the group queue and have fun while not having to worry about us casuals. Same two queues that are already in their proposed system, just add one more checkbox for which of the two queues (or both) a 2-4 man wants to get dropped in.

#59 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostP4riah1, on 23 June 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

Problem is, the pro premades only run 4-mans now because the 12 man queue only matches against 12 mans, and those are harder to set up, and 4 is the other max group size. What will happen is the pro groups will run however many of them are on at once, probably 6-8 man groups. So they will grow in avg size. And here will be me and my brother in our little two man pair, FORCED to match up against these people.

I had hoped that 3/3/3/3, 1 group per game in the solo queue, and more group queue options would have helped give the various communities the ability to better play the way they all want to with like minded people. I could play less against the competitive players, and they could have more options for playing against each other outside of the solo queue. I was even planning on dumping more money on MC as a reward to PGI once 3/3/3/3 came out and the game got 10x more fun like the 3/3/3/3 public test. Now, I'm not sure if the game will retain what fun it has if I have no choice but to play 100% solo or be forced even closer to the competitive players.

But you won't have solo players, either.

If you're part of a 2-man that's drug into the larger group queue, then you might also be with a 10-man. Or a 4-man, and a 6-man.

Meaning that your teammates will be COORDINATING. You won't get nearly as much solo derp derp...and that is PRICELESS.

#60 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

View Postturbofirefox, on 23 June 2014 - 11:38 AM, said:

I consider myself to be a casual player of MWO. I play "competitive" adult co-ed soccer where teams are broken down into levels 1 to 7 (7 being the true beginners, 1 being the most competitive teams), I play in the 3-5 range. I don't want to play against a group of level 1's or level 7's... in those "games" either we get schooled, or we school them. Nobody really gets a chance to "practice", because the lower level team just can't win the ball. Those "games" will typically end up being a waste of everyone's time.

Another solution that I would favor (instead of my son and me being dropped with a 10 man group against a 12-man competitive team and getting ROFL-stomped) would be to allow the 12-mans to choose an "only drop us against another 12-man" checkbox. They get to really "practice", and the casual players get to keep the fun.

Why do you think it would be a roflstomp?

Assuming that Elo and 4x3 are still taken into account, 10+2 vs 12 would be a pretty good match IMO. If you are the '2', then stick with the group or simply say 'hey, brawler here, who should I follow?'

Seems pretty striaght forward to me.

Now...a 4+2+2+2+2 vs 12 is another story, and a legitimate concern IMO.

Edited by Sprouticus, 23 June 2014 - 11:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users