#61 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostAgent of Change, on 02 July 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

And then once you know someone NARC'd on you, you may then cheese it from the fuzz (missiles) and then go find that snitch and give him stitches.

Everyone is now happy. Go team. /thread

Agreed on all counts. There should also be a "Snitches get stitches" achievement for killing a mech that NARCed you while the NARC is still active.

#62 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:54 PM

asdf

View PostScratx, on 01 July 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

The only thing NARC needs is for the NARC'ed target to have a HUD indicator telling him he's got a NARC painting a bull's eye on his mech.

Then it's perfectly fine. :)

Yes. This.

Betty screams bloody murder if there are incoming missiles, but is completely clueless when there's a missile stuck to my cockpit glass broadcasting a homing signal???

#63 Karmen Baric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSarna

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:55 PM

NARC is overpowered. If your team doesn't have ECM and many PUG matches don't, you either all die horribly quickly or you stay at base .

#64 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

View PostKarmen Baric, on 02 July 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

NARC is overpowered. If your team doesn't have ECM and many PUG matches don't, you either all die horribly quickly or you stay at base .

OR you could... stand behind something.

#65 ebea51

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

I love the buffs to NARC - its FINALLY useful... but I do think it is a bit powerful.

The duration, the fact you cant knock it off anymore or that it will broadcast through any amount of ECM isn't what makes it overly powerful... its the fact that you have NO COCKPIT WARNING that you have been NARCd.

I understand why you wouldn't get a 'NARC beacon detected' warning... but I think I needs it.

Getting NARCd in a premade isn't a problem because you are instantly told about it. But getting NARCd in pugs can be devastating because pugs don't communicate well at the best of times.
If you don't get any typed warning... there is no way that the massive LRM volleys that are coming your way isn't buffed due to the NARC.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users