402 replies to this topic

#141 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

View PostSoHxPaladin, on 02 July 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

the same 6 folks are bitching, the others are not. on top of that, i distinctly remember forums posts about increasing group size so that units can play together. well here it is, and the solo and 2 man group folks are bitching, like always. and no, the teams that stomp your face don't always run the meta, unless you always face the same teams, then blame MM lol. i can read just fine, and i haven't ever seen your name in game so our ELO's don't match up. God forbid you drop against us and actually pay attention to our loadouts, our builds aint meta, neither are the widowmakers, or the skye rangers, or 1FSAC, or many other units out there. Play in more group matches than just your bullshit 2 mans that ***** about everything this game adds to it.

Take the blinders off dude, you aren't comprehending what we are saying. If you were you would stop saying the same thing over and over and either go away or start looking for a more constructive way of relaying your point. We know you are tired of playing the same 12 man over and over, we get that. Me and mine just don't want to have to play against you either. Just because you are having fun PUG stomping the **** out of people, doesn't mean they are. For the record if you are in a 12 man against pug and you don't win, try learning to use voice comms or maybe learning to aim. There is not one good reason a 12 man shouldn't rofl stomp any non 12 man they come across, not EVER.

Edited by XPH Aku, 02 July 2014 - 07:17 PM.

#142 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

View PostXPH Aku, on 02 July 2014 - 07:11 PM, said:

Yea, but I don't want to wait 6 months for PGI to get around to it.

Yes, and if it does, player numbers will go bye-bye faster than a commando with speed tweak! :unsure:

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 03 July 2014 - 04:43 AM.

#143 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

That's fine, I agree with grouping up and fighting hard, but I shouldn't have to be FORCED to have to group up. Why don't you understand this? I should have a choice. I don't want to have to play competitively everytime I log in. If that's the case, I can kiss goodbye to half my mechs that I love dropping with, including my mando's, hunchy's, treb's, simply because they can't compete anymore.

You are so wrong and so tunnel visioned, there is no reasoning with you man.

you have the choice of dropping in groups, but there is a caveat to it. get over the fact that you might get rick rolled because the MM screws you without the common courtesy of giving you the reach around! they (PGI) are for once trying to get the group play queue's so that the use for private lobby is for community led league play, or private duels, etc. people want to earn cbills so they can purchase things as they come out for free, or tweak builds constantly.

btw, this is also some ground work for the CW module they want to implement and they are getting test numbers for some base info to go from. they want CW to be easy to drop into and out of in game.

keep raging but realize they are actually trying to make this game viable for everyone....for once (i cant believe i am saying that)

#144 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

View PostSoHxPaladin, on 02 July 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

you have the choice of dropping in groups, but there is a caveat to it. get over the fact that you might get rick rolled because the MM screws you without the common courtesy of giving you the reach around! they (PGI) are for once trying to get the group play queue's so that the use for private lobby is for community led league play, or private duels, etc. people want to earn cbills so they can purchase things as they come out for free, or tweak builds constantly.

btw, this is also some ground work for the CW module they want to implement and they are getting test numbers for some base info to go from. they want CW to be easy to drop into and out of in game.

keep raging but realize they are actually trying to make this game viable for everyone....for once (i cant believe i am saying that)

Here is the issue, if you are in fact right there will be no one to play CW with. If the game isn't fun it does not matter. What you aren't getting is we are upset because the GAME IS NOT FUN, do I need to put it in bold for you? If the GAME IS NOT FUN no one will play it. If the GAME IS NOT FUN you will never see CW because the game will fail. No amount of you telling us we are ******* for not wanting to play against big groups is going to change the fact that these new MM changes make the GAME NOT FUN. I want viable changes as much as the next guy, but the facts still stand if the GAME IS NOT FUN none of us will play it and neither will the vast majority of players. Just because you get your rocks off by stomping pugs to death doesn't mean they enjoy it as well. Get over your **** you are wrong and every single other person who doesn't drop in 12 mans agrees with me.

#145 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

View PostXPH Aku, on 02 July 2014 - 07:15 PM, said:

Take the blinders off dude, you aren't comprehending what we are saying. If you were you would stop saying the same thing over and over and either go away or start looking for a more constructive way of relaying your point. We know you are tired of playing the same 12 man over and over, we get that. Me and mine just don't want to have to play against you either. Just because you are having fun PUG stomping the **** out of people, doesn't mean they are. For the record if you are in a 12 man against pug and you don't win, try learning to use voice comms or maybe learning to aim. There is not one good reason a 12 man shouldn't rofl stomp any non 12 man they come across, not EVER.

my blinders are off, i have played over 10k matches in the system before now, not counting the matches from closed beta, i have seen all the grouping errors that have been made, and this one sucks if you aint the 12, yea, it will suck if you aint goin against the 12 but those 2 4mans are stacked with hella good players and your pugs get outflanked, lrm'd, meta'd to death. yall will still ***** cuz a 4 man of meta humpers ***** your mechs cuz it's the meta. i remember trying to solo drop in the 8mans that were 8vs pugs, and most of those matches ended 8-0 for the premade. If 12 mechs cant even take out atleast a lance on the other side, your team sucked it up, those rounds happen.
and yea, you take a 12man that ahs to conform to the 4x3 against a team with 6 heavies 3 assaults and a few lights and the sheer firepower semi competent players will put onto a coordinated team can overcome the teamwork, but those fights should still be close as hell. btw, that is taking into count that this isn't the uber comp 12man guys, just the guys that run together for fun in the giant stompy robot game. if an uber comp team like House of Lords ever gets beat by an outtonned force i wouldnt be surprised, it can happen, and SHOULD happen from time to time.

oh, btw, those solo drops today have been fun, my aim isn't terrible, doing my normal damage and kills, and i see pugs doing what they do against 12 mans, with the same results, why does it matter then if some 2mans get into a match against a 12, do they not have a better chance since they can work with a buddy to help their team? why not? oh because you might have to actually move and flank and pick your fights and play smart against opponents that aint chasing the squirrels? shame, we can't use our brains cuz we are too afraid of the 12man stomp that doesnt have to happen if you play smart, and even try to help your team. hey, there is a command tool in game you can give some simple directions, i have seen it work, ask Mister Blastman, the dude puts up a waypoint and says, "Go there, KILL **** WIN" every match i see him, and most o the time, when his team follows, his team wins...amazing how some simple directions in this broken command function gets wins with unorganized people...i have seen it work against sync drops of decent teams as well... your crying just feeds the trolls, and this one came out to tell your sorry hides that this will be tweaked but it doesn't deserve the mass hysteria it is getting because it was input before the patch that groups of 2 or more can end up facing a 12 man because it has to have a way to fill all slots in the matchmaker. you do not have to play this game cuz the group options piss you off, just like you dont have to play this game cuz of the meta tards, or the arty strike only users, or the constant uac screenshake users, or the lrmageddon folks of doom everyone loves to hate. you choose to continue playing with those things that piss you off cuz you enjoy shooting big stompy robots, that hasnt changed just what you see as fair, which was never fair to begin with with the MM instructions that are used anyway.

#146 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:48 PM

IF THE GAME IS NOT FUN WHY WERE YOU PLAYING TO BEGIN WITH? why are you here showing you care about where the game is, when you weren't having fun? God forbid you have to fight an organized group! sync drops happened before, continue to happen, and now they have the option to not hide it, but say "come at me bro." You can surely leave, PGI is still making money, as a friend of mine saw them putting in that sweet new hot tube and new office equipment and so on, your small sums you have spent *yes they are small compared to what the mass of people are spending/have spent* won't impact them, haven't impacted them. if they had been impacted, they went and found the reason and got rid of it, like firing devs that were hampering progress or not working with the team to get the players engaged. go group with your buddies, you might get a twelve, chalk that fight up for whatever ends up happening like you do that awful roflstomp in the normal drops before the patch and watch out for the tears, they might drown you

#147 Wraith0177

• PipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 34 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

The problem, as I see it, is that our choices are reduced to A> Solo Pug, B> Small Groups and get stomped regularly, C> Drop in larger groups.

A> This is a team game, right? If this is what I've got to do for a fair shake at winning the match, why am I playing? For some people, PUGing it solo is fine. I'm not one of those people. The people hurt the worst by this dynamic are the small to medium sized units who cannot easily field a 12-man group. Solo PUGers aren't going to see anything different.

B> Getting stomped most of the time is NOT fun. I started this day more or less even on the W/L ratio. Out of eight group drops for the day, we lost seven before all of us got tired of it and quit/went solo. Considering I almost never drop unless I'm in a unit group, that suggests we're normally at about 1:1. That's with comms, BTW. Comms aren't quite the advantage they're made out to be, but they do make for more fun. Even with comms, you're still at the mercy of those you drop with and their choices.

C> My unit rarely has the body count for anything greater than 6-8 man teams. So what do I do? Leave the friends I've made, move on to another unit so I can be something other than 1/4 or 1/3 or 1/2 of a punching bag? That makes as much sense as using a kitchen mixer to treat constipation. I like where I am just fine, and my unit is one of the best groups of people in MWO. You may kiss my behind right in the ditch before I'm going to leave them without a very good reason.

Our in game communications system is pathetic, lacking, inadequate, outdated, and otherwise depressing. We should have a ping system at the bare minimum; for simple commands and communications like Form on me, attack my target, Help me I'm under attack, etc at lance and company level. Without this very basic type of communication, it's unreasonable to expect 2 different groups to function as a unified team, comms for both or not. To expect that of 3-6 groups? Please get me the number for your dealer so I can have some of what you're having.

The fact of the matter is we have a team game here where in order to communicate with each other we have to stop playing the game. Until that aspect of the game is addressed and fixed, 12-mans have no business up against anything other than a 12 man. Until that communication issue can be bridged, sending a 12 man against anything else is offering up those other groups as a punching bag.

Look, I'm not the best player in this game and I know it. I'm also not the worst player in this game, and I know that too. I don't expect to win every match. I do, on the other hand, expect to get a fair shake, and with my friends, If I can't have that, I don't need to be here.

Edited by Wraith0177, 02 July 2014 - 08:11 PM.

#148 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

8 pages in, complete lack of screen shots.

STOP POSTING YOUR WHINING ALREADY!

#149 Wraith0177

• PipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 34 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

If the game is not fun why were you playing to begin with?

I think the point is at this stage that with this change, it's not fun for us anymore.

#150 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:09 PM

Ok, I have to say this thread is comedy gold.

As a PUG lifer, I cant help but laugh my ass off hearing premades talk about getting stomped by 12mans.

Yeah, guess what, that was life for the vast majority of us since day 1. I would love to go back through the post history of a number of people in this thread and see how many told PUGs to suck it.

Basically, PGI took this game from stupidly broken ( pugs vs 12 man potentially ), to mostly broken ( small groups vs 12man potentially ). At the end of the day, that's an improvement in my eyes.

All that said, now that private match maker exists, 12mans should exist only in that world. Not going to happen any times soon though.

#151 Krell Kroenen

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

So far tonight, me and my friend in a 2 man group have fought the same 12 man Davion company 2 times in a row already, on the bright side they aren't that good. But still it seems wonky and does take away the fun factor some.

Edited by Krell Kroenen, 02 July 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#152 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

So far this matchmaker:
FINDS MATCHES!
Creates team with similar weight/class mechs
Makes playing solo better than it ever was

So what if you get stomped every now and then by a 12 man? Elo will sort that out!

#153 Hillslam

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:31 PM

Guess what?

Solos outnumber groups
2 mans outnumber 4s
4s outnumber 8s
etc etc etc

Stop with the "get a bigger group" responses. Its pedantic, condescending, flippant, cavalier, smug, and disingenuous.

It also muddies the waters for what PGI needs to do if they want to continue to exist as a solvent company.

#154 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

The matchmaking changes in this patch, including reorganization of the queues, is one of the best things PGI has done in the history of this game.

#155 AgroAlba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 365 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

I have to say, my experience playing tonight with my husband in a humble little two man was not enjoyable. I don't like going up against these giant groups and getting stomped.

We lost plenty of times in the PUG queue, but not like this. This felt like just being fodder.

I sincerely hope that PGI goes back and puts small 2 man groups back into the pug queue.

#156 Modo44

• Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

But what are the odds one team will be made up all small groups while the other made up of all singles? Zero to NONE.

That was the point of the matchmaker rewrite. Multiple groups vs a grup and solo players used to happen on a regular basis before.

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

You're point is null.

My point stands. Your grammar is ****.

#157 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

the games i had yesterday after the patch were much closer and better than before the patch. we played as a 4 man then 5 then 7 man premade and the games were really challanging. Something it is better so lets not rush into hazardous affirmations and keep an eye.

#158 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:07 PM

I had fun tonight! Dropped with fellow FRR peeps in a group that ranged in size throughout the night from 3 to 10. We came out maybe 1 or 2 wins ahead of our losses, some of the matches were really close and some not so close. Never ran into a 12-man on the opposite side, so I don't know where they were hiding. I guess timing is everything (9-12pm PST).

#159 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

I'm not sure what to say in this thread... as it's mostly complaining... and not in a good way.

While I kinda understand the want to play just other small 2-4 premades (it's likely desirable, just like a true solo PUG queue), I've never seen so many people FEAR working together.

Posted Image

In in a 4-man, working with an 8-man... vs some 6-man and 5-man (I'm pretty sure that one guy belongs to either one group by design). I don't think we're a great group... but we were on coms, and did our part. That's all that matters in group play.

The fact is... some of you seem so scarred from the older days... where certain premades would mean certain doom/loss or win (if they were on your side).

I honestly think people never seem to want to take the opportunity to LEARN from the experience... or WANT TO GET BETTER (and you don't even have to do it in an ultra serious competitive sense either). Why is it so terrifying to be "that small group" that makes the difference between winning or losing?

If you're "honestly" looking at "fearing" the big group queue... well, you're not being "honest" with yourself. The "solo" queue has deteriorated greatly in that there's a lot of BAD solo players in that queue. If anything... you could shepherd them to victory. They simply need a leader to get them over the hump (unless, they haven't figured out to use the 'r' button). To stuff 2-4 man premades into the solo queue if anything... is a sin.

The level of play in the big group queue is a lot more exemplary (there's still some bad premades, but they are often shuffled into the solo queue I imagine). People know how to take a loss... and take it upon themselves to get better. If you are going to even being competitive (higher Elo), you can NEVER expect to stay casual as you win. The game/MM won't let you.

If you don't look at learning or practicing with 8, 9, 10-man groups as a small premade, then as far as the MM/people are concerned, you are probably "tapped out" skillwise. It's not fair when the solo queue is ripe to get an easy stat padding place... while the group queue is "the place where learning to be a good group/team player" is treated as "big bad bullies", when MORE OFTEN THAN NOT is the case.

#160 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:42 PM

This new matchmaker is great! We had 5 to 10 players from our regiment on TS yesterday and we could all play together, just like in closed beta! We fought in all kinds of matches and even won against some 12-mans while being in a 8+4 or 9+3 team.

I also had great success while playing solo. Those matches are now very uncoordinated, with very little focus fire. A perfect opportunity to unlock pilot skills for those Atlases I have bought at half price!

Edited by Kmieciu, 02 July 2014 - 11:42 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users