402 replies to this topic

#101 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

PGI's absolute worst decision yet. Yes, its broken. Broken intentionally, but still broken.

#102 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,975 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

The new crapshoot that the 2-4 man groups find themselves in is the exact same crapshoot that solo players have been dropping into for the last eighteen months or so. I seem to recall many group players providing excellent advice to the PuG players in the form of 'find more friends', if they didn't like it. It is a team based game. Hey, hop on TeamSpeak and find more players!

Posted Image

#103 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostSoHxPaladin, on 02 July 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

The Community wanted better group play in the PUG matches!

they put in a contingency for small groups to be in both queue's so that their player pool is not effected horribly so drop times are faster.

I am sorry you decided to run a small group knowing that could happen, i am sorry that you got rofl stomped since you didnt have anyone step up and have the nuts to fight the twelve man by calling the drop, well **** happens. It happened to me earlier before my guys got enough on, our 4 man and 2 other 4 mans against a 12.

If you don't want the bigger groups, then don't group it seems, do i think a group of 2 needs to be in 12s? NO, but, when their numbers show that the group play for pugs is 2 man groups, then they HAVE to put them in a group queue or they will have limited player pools for the groups of 3 or higher.

Grow a sack of juevos and and play the matches to the best you can, you can still beat any 12 man you come across if you play well enough as a TEAM.

suck less cry more

+daedalos, we have played in groups before big guy, you weren't that bitchy in teamspeak.... :)+

Stop being dumb, I don't want to drop in a 12 man group. I don't want to be forced to play meta BS. PGI stated they would make it available to small groups that they would have the option to drop against 12 mans if they wanted but if they didn't want to they didn't have to. You are saying the only way to play this game anymore is to only play in 12 man groups without your friends or die in a hail of meta BS. Eat a PPC. The community never asked to play against 12 mans in 3 man groups, you might have but it is because you want something other than fun from this game.

#104 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 02 July 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

The new crapshoot that the 2-4 man groups find themselves in is the exact same crapshoot that solo players have been dropping into for the last eighteen months or so. I seem to recall many group players providing excellent advice to the PuG players in the form of 'find more friends', if they didn't like it. It is a team based game. Hey, hop on TeamSpeak and find more players!

Posted Image

Buddy, it's one thing to drop against a few small premades, it's a total other thing to drop against a 12man, 10man and even 8man group.

Besides, you are now even WORSE off than before, so what's your point?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 06:40 PM.

#105 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 02 July 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

I PUG solo plenty. Having a single four man team in a pug match, where there is almost always another group is not the same.
Not everyone in the team may be on voice comms, BUT NEITHER IS THE OTHER TEAM. Not the same comparison. Don't tell me dog**** is apples.
Might as well just drop 12 man teams vs all pugs. Same results, I would be just as irritated over that.

#106 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostMc JR, on 02 July 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

12 mans need to drop against 12 mans. Just played a match with 2, 2 man groups one of which i was in and then a 6 man group and 4 singles vs a 12 man group. It wasn't even a fight it was a one way ass whooping. Now I'm all for the bigger groups but for those of us that play under 4 man groups, give us the option just like you gave the solo dopers to not play against 12 mans. Let us pick to fight against solo and groups 4 and below and that would solve a lot of problems for you and make the game more enjoyable for those of us that like to drop together but not drop in large groups.

See...this is a bug if you dropped with 4 singles on your team against a premade 12-man, but then again, your math isn't adding up...2x2 + 6 + 4x1 = 14? Singles are not supposed to be in the group queue. Report it if you see it again, though I'd make sure they are truly singles, as not all friends in a group carry the same faction tag, and some random people are known to group up on one of the public Teamspeak servers.

#107 Felbombling

• 2,975 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:17 PM

Give me a break. News flash for you two... sync drops have happened in the past. I didn't see groups up in arms over the fact it was/could happen, either. Instead, what the solo players got was what I said... 'Find more friends.' 'Join a group.'

#108 CG Chicken Kn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationSt. Catharines, Ontario

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

https://mwolobby.com

1 v 1 through 12 v 12 league games or just for fun. Bid matches on tonnage, weapons, map, etc.

Pretty much like CZ was on the Zone. No uneven teams.

Perhaps with this mixed queue thing, more people will be interested in having even matches. One can only hope.

* yes you still need one premium account per side for full private match options.

** Lines spaced for easy quote trolling, your welcome.

#109 Wraith0177

• PipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 34 posts
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

I don't PUG solo because I enjoy the company of the Merc Unit I play with. My Merc unit doesn't always have enough people on to drop 12-mans. So, now, my choices are A> Drop alone, which defeats most of the point of playing the game for me or B> leave my Merc unit full of friends for a bigger unit to drop with. My, what tasty choices....

The 12-mans need to be separated out. The in-game communication system *insert sarcastic cackle here* cannot handle coordination of two people, much less 12. To communicate you have to stop fighting. To seriously fight, you can't communicate. Having comms is virtually a requirement of playing with two or more people.

PGI, both of these areas need to be addressed.

Edited by Wraith0177, 02 July 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#110 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

I'm sorry but you don't make sense. You're saying I can't drop with a friend and have fun but that's my fault because I'm not in a 12man?

What kind of game would promote itself like that? Good thing you don't work in PGI's PR department.

Ya I used to play 12 mans.. but I explained earlier on why I stopped. These last 10 games since the patch brought memories of my 12manning days.. didn't like it. Game is more enjoyable pugging or small-grouping it.

no i am saying that you should be playing in bigger groups, or understand that some drops with your 2 man group will be against bigger groups, stop your bitching over something they will definately be tweaked soonish.

the people that want to run twelve mans should not be gimped by the player pool so completely as PGI has done since the inception of their seperate queue creation. i do remember the days of the 8 v 8 matches, and know thatno matter how many groups make up the max player limit per team, it all comes down to skill and teamplay. Teamplay OP yo, i am glad they are trying to reinforce that for once, and i wholeheartedly believe you should be grouping up in a TEAMPLAY ORIENTED GAME! the pug queue as it has been has negated a ton of teamplay because grouping up really did not effect the matches you were in, most of the time.

i am glad i don't work for PGI either, because this "thinkng man's shooter" would still feel that way, and the teamplay aspect would be rewarded constantly in matches to encourage grouping and using strats/tactics instead of pure "go to the same spot and hope you outdamage them cuz you can't rely on your pugs"

#111 PiemasterXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 556 posts
  • LocationThe deep-south, cookin' Moonshine.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

I remember 4 mans steamrolling in pug matches, damn those were the glory days.

#112 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 02 July 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

Give me a break. News flash for you two... sync drops have happened in the past. I didn't see groups up in arms over the fact it was/could happen, either. Instead, what the solo players got was what I said... 'Find more friends.' 'Join a group.'

You should recommend that to PGI as their new slogan. 'Want to play our cool robot game? Sign right up, it's free! All you need are 5-8 friends minimum to be available to group up with you whenever you want to play if you want to have a good time (or any chance of winning).'

Do you see how ridiculous that is?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 05:37 PM.

#113 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:26 PM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 02 July 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

Actually, the game was changed in numerous attempts to fix that (somewhat successfully). Check facts.

#114 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostSoHxPaladin, on 02 July 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

no i am saying that you should be playing in bigger groups, or understand that some drops with your 2 man group will be against bigger groups, stop your bitching over something they will definately be tweaked soonish.

the people that want to run twelve mans should not be gimped by the player pool so completely as PGI has done since the inception of their seperate queue creation. i do remember the days of the 8 v 8 matches, and know thatno matter how many groups make up the max player limit per team, it all comes down to skill and teamplay. Teamplay OP yo, i am glad they are trying to reinforce that for once, and i wholeheartedly believe you should be grouping up in a TEAMPLAY ORIENTED GAME! the pug queue as it has been has negated a ton of teamplay because grouping up really did not effect the matches you were in, most of the time.

i am glad i don't work for PGI either, because this "thinkng man's shooter" would still feel that way, and the teamplay aspect would be rewarded constantly in matches to encourage grouping and using strats/tactics instead of pure "go to the same spot and hope you outdamage them cuz you can't rely on your pugs"

Stop calling it bitching and qq'ing just because you don't agree. At least half the posts here seem to agree with me.

Call me a whiny whatever but what is wrong with giving us the choice of how to drop? Teamplay is great, but I shouldn't be forced to 12man everytime I want to play (and not get stomped). Besides what respectable 12 man team would want to go up against 3 4-mans? I mean come on..

Also, I enjoy the more intimate 2 or 3 man drops. That's when you get to know the people you are playing with, NOT in 8 to 12 man groups.

Meeting people from all over the world is half the fun of this game.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#115 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostSoHxPaladin, on 02 July 2014 - 05:23 PM, said:

So you are saying the only way to not gimp 12 man groups is by making 2+ man groups no fun to play? Shouldn't there be more than one answer to this question? What about making a lobby that 12 man groups can find each other? Maybe they could just remove 12 man groups in every thing other than private lobbies? No single or small group should EVER go against a large group. As for the sync drop thing PGI did a really good job stopping that from happening, so go eat a PPC.

#116 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

You should recommend that to PGI as their new slogan. 'Want to play our cool robot game? Sign right up, it's free! All you need are 5-8 friends minimum to be available to group up with you whenever you want to play if you want to have a good time (or any chance of winning).'

Do you see how ridiculous that is?

hmmm, team vs team, yea you can play solo, but the best experience is the teamplay with people you are communicating with and having fun fighting others that are doing the same. this game is meant to have strats and tactics involved with the builds you take on these giant ******* robots, So go pound sand.

From XPH Aku: So you are saying the only way to not gimp 12 man groups is by making 2+ man groups no fun to play? Shouldn't there be more than one answer to this question? What about making a lobby that 12 man groups can find each other? Maybe they could just remove 12 man groups in every thing other than private lobbies? No single or small group should EVER go against a large group. As for the sync drop thing PGI did a really good job stopping that from happening, so go eat a PPC.

What about 12mans never finding teams cuz there is no damn point in trying to drop pub twelves because there are very few teams made? should 3 4 mans be against a 12? sure! should 6 2mans, no there shouldnt be that much disadvantage for them, but if that is the last choice the MM has, so be it....those matches happened before this patch, why the rage now? I will eat a PPC when the People wanting group play will realize that group play should include all groups, period. but soem tweaks will/should be made to it. I am very happy we have groups wanting to even run as groups still, cuz before this patch, it wasn't worth it half the time.

#117 Catho Sharn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAmerica's Crossroads!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 02 July 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

Please send us the details of this match so that we can look up the game records and see if an issue in matchmaking had taken place. Cheers!

What's the best way to report details on a match?

#118 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

View PostSoHxPaladin, on 02 July 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

What about 12mans never finding teams cuz there is no damn point in trying to drop pub twelves because there are very few teams made? should 3 4 mans be against a 12? sure! should 6 2mans, no there shouldnt be that much disadvantage for them, but if that is the last choice the MM has, so be it....those matches happened before this patch, why the rage now? I will eat a PPC when the People wanting group play will realize that group play should include all groups, period. but soem tweaks will/should be made to it. I am very happy we have groups wanting to even run as groups still, cuz before this patch, it wasn't worth it half the time.

But what respectable 12-man would want to drop against 3 or 4 smaller premades just for the sake of dropping in a 12-man? What's the frackin point then? So you can stomp them? Then what, you will feel proud of that win and brag about it back at base camp? That's not what the 12man team I remember was like.

That is what lobby is for. 8 to 12 mans should be played and organized within the lobby system.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#119 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

View PostCatho Sharn, on 02 July 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

What's the best way to report details on a match?

support@mwomercs.com

#120 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostSoHxPaladin, on 02 July 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

hmmm, team vs team, yea you can play solo, but the best experience is the teamplay with people you are communicating with and having fun fighting others that are doing the same. this game is meant to have strats and tactics involved with the builds you take on these giant ******* robots, So go pound sand.

From XPH Aku: So you are saying the only way to not gimp 12 man groups is by making 2+ man groups no fun to play? Shouldn't there be more than one answer to this question? What about making a lobby that 12 man groups can find each other? Maybe they could just remove 12 man groups in every thing other than private lobbies? No single or small group should EVER go against a large group. As for the sync drop thing PGI did a really good job stopping that from happening, so go eat a PPC.

At what time did a 12 man ever go against a 2 man before the patch? Shouldn't they address why there are no 12 man teams instead of making playing 3 and 4 man teams no fun to play? Why should I be forced to play in games that aren't fun just so you and 11 other guys have some one to drop against?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users