#81 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

View PostSarsaparilla Kid, on 02 July 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

We do not have access to the numbers, but I'd be willing to bet that the average hardcore/competitive player spends more money on this game than the average casual player, and the average casual player is also more likely to leave MWO and move on to a different game sooner than the hardcore/competitive player.

Note that the statistic we were previously given was that 85% of the pilots hitting the launch button were launching solo, not even in a 2-man group. With the way that the solo and group queues are split up now, the 85% that solo-pug are not going to notice a big difference in their matches...actually, their matches should run better as only 1 small premade will be on their team instead of the 2 or 3 that we were seeing prior to this.

Sorry I saw a huge difference right off the bat in my first 10 games. I never wanted to stop playing so much before. I will see if 2 man dropping continues to put me in large premades and if I continue to support this game.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 03:43 PM.

#82 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostRevorn, on 02 July 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

Prems experiencing now Pugs everyday Life? Intresting.

I was in a two-man premade.. might as well be puggin, no?

#83 General Rabbit

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Groups of 2 to 4: Groups of 2 to 4 will be matched up in the Solo players queue or the group queue. When they are placed in a Solo queue there will be a group of 2 to 4 on the opposing team. When matched in the Group queue they will be playing with groups of various compositions.

if 2-4 groups could decide whether they queue in the queue or groups in the simple. that would be nice

In other Games is there no problem witht the group matching.

I know that it is difficult. Mechwarrior is simply not played by enough people. But if that (the situation) is not regulated, there are now less .... much less. Pugs and small groups have a high probability to have run into a large group. Pugs are the bulk. PGI: causual player finance you. This is after all, no e sports game (thank God)

Edit: Groups against groups with the limitation of 4. And an extra Big group quene.
I have no problem to play matches in one 4 Group and maybe one 2 group and pugs against three 4 groups. For exemple

Edited by General Rabbit, 02 July 2014 - 03:47 PM.

#84 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Sorry I saw a huge difference right off the bat in my first 10 games. I never wanted to stop playing so much before. I will see if 2 man dropping continues to put me in large premades.

I'd give it time...hard to say what it will look like without each pilot getting in a few hundred drops. PGI will also be monitoring the situation and they seem to be pretty good at tweaking things based on their telemetry.

#85 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:45 PM

Perhaps you should play ten games in a row. Take screen shots. Prove that there is a problem.

#86 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

View PostSarsaparilla Kid, on 02 July 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

I'd give it time...hard to say what it will look like without each pilot getting in a few hundred drops. PGI will also be monitoring the situation and they seem to be pretty good at tweaking things based on their telemetry.

I will do just that, give it some time. This game is progressing, slowly but surely. But I really don't see how mixing competitive players with casual will EVER work out? Will it mean we will have to endure a stomp 2 out of 10 games? 3 out of 10 games? FIVE! out of ten games? What is the acceptable marker before you start to lose players?

Give us control of how we drop. Competitive players are more dedicated and in this for the long haul, they will endure a bit longer wait times to connect than the casual player. You cannot lose the casuals and besides, 12-man's DON"T WANT TO PLAY AGAINST PUGS or SMALLER GROUP TEAMS!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#87 General Rabbit

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

Groups against groups with the limitation of 4. And an extra Big group quene. I have no problem to play matches in one 4 Group and maybe one 2 group and pugs against three 4 groups. For exemple

Edited by General Rabbit, 02 July 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#88 IM Bullwinkle

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostVandruis, on 02 July 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

So what this tells me is this:

Play solo or

Play in 10-12 man groups. Got it.

Yep. group of 2 rounding out a 10 man drop sucks. Groups of groups of 2's 3's or 4's going up against 12 man drops suck.

At least provide the opportunity to not queue in the big group drops.

Of course the 12 man drops will claim all as well because they aren't dropping against another 12 man as much.

Edited by IM Bullwinkle, 02 July 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#89 Mc JR

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

12 mans need to drop against 12 mans. Just played a match with 2, 2 man groups one of which i was in and then a 6 man group and 4 singles vs a 12 man group. It wasn't even a fight it was a one way ass whooping. Now I'm all for the bigger groups but for those of us that play under 4 man groups, give us the option just like you gave the solo dopers to not play against 12 mans. Let us pick to fight against solo and groups 4 and below and that would solve a lot of problems for you and make the game more enjoyable for those of us that like to drop together but not drop in large groups.

View PostIM Bullwinkle, on 02 July 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

Yep. group of 2 rounding out a 10 man drop sucks. Groups of groups of 2's 3's or 4's going up against 12 man drops suck.

At least provide the opportunity to not queue in the big group drops.

Of course the 12 man drops will claim all as well because they aren't dropping against another 12 man as much.

This ^^^^^^

****EDIT*** Sorry for the poor spelling. So pissed my fingers are moving faster than my brain.

Edited by Mc JR, 02 July 2014 - 04:26 PM.

#90 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts
  • LocationSleipnir Cameron

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

there is not a single thing fair about any game that allows grouped up players to be playing together on comms against people that are not on comms in a group.
now, as far as group play goes, groups should always fight groups, and if a group decides to take 12 they should still be fighting aginst other groups, of any size, because this game is about TEAMPLAY.

NOTHING IS FAIR IN WAR, but they can change the ELO a bit to help groups get paired with better people to fight against...maybe i am wrong.

but, my main gripe about group play is playing with people dropping solo, so the team play concept is out the window. Groups vs Groups is wonderful, and to the people complaining, bring more people in your group, join a Teamspeak Hub that has people grouped together so you increase your chances of success, and fun (as it is a game for entertainment, your main goal should be having fun, win lose or draw), or hell, join a Mech unit and have fun with a little roleplay or merc it up!

Edited by SoHxPaladin, 02 July 2014 - 04:04 PM.

#91 IM Bullwinkle

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

So if I want to drop with my daughter (never played before) in a group of 2 and we consistently go up against 12 groups, that's going to be sufficiently fun fer her to ever want to play again?

Just got dropped against Paladin, match was over in about three minutes. Well done. That was fun. For them. The 12 man drop.

#92 Mc JR

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

View PostSoHxPaladin, on 02 July 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

there is not a single thing fair about any game that allows grouped up players to be playing together on comms against people that are not on comms in a group. now, as far as group play goes, groups should always fight groups, and if a group decides to take 12 they should still be fighting aginst other groups, of any size, because this game is about TEAMPLAY. NOTHING IS FAIR IN WAR, but they can change the ELO a bit to help groups get paired with better people to fight against...maybe i am wrong. but, my main gripe about group play is playing with people dropping solo, so the team play concept is out the window. Groups vs Groups is wonderful, and to the people complaining, bring more people in your group, join a Teamspeak Hub that has people grouped together so you increase your chances of success, and fun (as it is a game for entertainment, your main goal should be having fun, win lose or draw), or hell, join a Mech unit and have fun with a little roleplay or merc it up!

Sir i just played you in a 12 man. That was not fun for us playing small mixed groups with our largest group being a 4 man. the total fight went for less than 4:00 Min. But you say to come in go find other people, what about those of us that are playing with just family or like running small groups of close friends. What do we do Just go find random people so we can try not to get stomped. There are those of us that have been turned off by large groups or units due to real life events/the people in the unit. If a solo player gets to pick weather or not he/she gets thrown in the 12 man the -3 man group?

BTW: i drop with my father as a family thing, we don't want to drop anymore due to this problem.

#93 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostSoHxPaladin, on 02 July 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

there is not a single thing fair about any game that allows grouped up players to be playing together on comms against people that are not on comms in a group.
now, as far as group play goes, groups should always fight groups, and if a group decides to take 12 they should still be fighting aginst other groups, of any size, because this game is about TEAMPLAY.

NOTHING IS FAIR IN WAR, but they can change the ELO a bit to help groups get paired with better people to fight against...maybe i am wrong.

but, my main gripe about group play is playing with people dropping solo, so the team play concept is out the window. Groups vs Groups is wonderful, and to the people complaining, bring more people in your group, join a Teamspeak Hub that has people grouped together so you increase your chances of success, and fun (as it is a game for entertainment, your main goal should be having fun, win lose or draw), or hell, join a Mech unit and have fun with a little roleplay or merc it up!

As I asked a previous person, you really, TRULY think that a 12 man group, working as a hive, loaded to the brim with ARTY/AIR STRIKES, dropping against six 2-mans, four 3-mans, or any combination of smaller groups is fair, as long as we are all in 'groups?' You think that is fair and enjoyable? 1 team on comms and the other with 3 or 4 or 5 different little groups doing their own thing? Because let's face it, all it takes is ONE LANCE TO DO THEIR OWN THING, to mess any chance of winning.

This is why you must keep competitive players separate from casuals, and only mix at pugs' or small 2-4 man groups, discretion.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 04:39 PM.

#94 Stormwolfe13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 120 posts
  • LocationJersey Strong

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostFiona Marshe, on 02 July 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

Major Q: Did you use the "T/Y/U" chat buttons to TALK TO YOUR TEAM at any point of the match?

Every time I try to chat in game my mech stops dead in its tracks.. so no that is not an option... I know lots of other players that this happens to during chat as well...

#95 Commissar Aku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

I just dropped in a 3 man group and landed in a match with 9 pug and my 3 man versus a 12 man pre-made. **** you PGI that is some bull ****, fix your ******* match maker so I don't get rofl stomped every ******* match because you make it hard to for 12 man groups.

#96 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

View PostIM Bullwinkle, on 02 July 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

So if I want to drop with my daughter (never played before) in a group of 2 and we consistently go up against 12 groups, that's going to be sufficiently fun fer her to ever want to play again?

Just got dropped against Paladin, match was over in about three minutes. Well done. That was fun. For them. The 12 man drop.

I don't see why everyone is not understanding? It's so simple and they are making it more complicated than it needs to be.

Keep casual gamers separate from competitive more dedicated players. Keep it up to the discretion of the small groups (2 to 4) whether they want to go up against bigger groups.

Until now it was fun going online to have some fun shooting lasers with a friend. Now unless you are in a group of 6 or more, fun is out the cockpit window.

View PostMc JR, on 02 July 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

Sir i just played you in a 12 man. That was not fun for us playing small mixed groups with our largest group being a 4 man. the total fight went for less than 4:00 Min. But you say to come in go find other people, what about those of us that are playing with just family or like running small groups of close friends. What do we do Just go find random people so we can try not to get stomped. There are those of us that have been turned off by large groups or units due to real life events/the people in the unit. If a solo player gets to pick weather or not he/she gets thrown in the 12 man the -3 man group?

BTW: i drop with my father as a family thing, we don't want to drop anymore due to this problem.

ARE YOU LISTENING PGI?

Please don't hate me, I am trying to help! I love this game!

View PostStormwolfe13, on 02 July 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Every time I try to chat in game my mech stops dead in its tracks.. so no that is not an option... I know lots of other players that this happens to during chat as well...

That's another thing.. some games the mech will keep walking on cruise-control while you type chat or view the battlemap, and other times it will stop dead in its' tracks whenever I try to chat. Why PGI?

Guess that's a topic for another thread..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#97 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

The Community wanted better group play in the PUG matches!

they put in a contingency for small groups to be in both queue's so that their player pool is not effected horribly so drop times are faster.

I am sorry you decided to run a small group knowing that could happen, i am sorry that you got rofl stomped since you didnt have anyone step up and have the nuts to fight the twelve man by calling the drop, well **** happens. It happened to me earlier before my guys got enough on, our 4 man and 2 other 4 mans against a 12.

If you don't want the bigger groups, then don't group it seems, do i think a group of 2 needs to be in 12s? NO, but, when their numbers show that the group play for pugs is 2 man groups, then they HAVE to put them in a group queue or they will have limited player pools for the groups of 3 or higher.

Grow a sack of juevos and and play the matches to the best you can, you can still beat any 12 man you come across if you play well enough as a TEAM.

suck less cry more

+daedalos, we have played in groups before big guy, you weren't that bitchy in teamspeak.... :)+

#98 SoHxPaladin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:46 PM

Clan Hub Teamspeak (aka Strana Mechty) info is 184.82.141.207 StranaMechty is password i believe
House Davion Teamspeak info is 50.22.145.234:7345
LCAF Teamspeak info is ts1.housesteiner.com
FRR Teamspeak Hub info is 162.243.239.158:9725
Comstar NA Teamspeak Hub info is na1.mech-connect.net password is WordofBlake
NGNG Outreach Teamspeak info is voip01.n1585.hypernia.net:9992
Mercstar Alliance teamspeak info is ts52.gameservers.com:9315

go there group up and kill groups, quit bitchin

Edited by SoHxPaladin, 02 July 2014 - 04:58 PM.

#99 clanwolf3050

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

While I am happy to be able to group up with up to 10 friends, and not have to sinc drop, and hope for the best. I am unhappy about running into 12 mans, in any group. Now 5+ groups should now be playing against solo drops. The same is true for 3 to 6 groups should not be in the same match as a 12 man. While it looks good on paper, in practice it can have the same effect as 4 man group in then 8 vs 8 matches. I played on a 4 man durning the 8 vs 8 time it was and is to much power for one side to have.

Edited by clanwolf3050, 02 July 2014 - 04:53 PM.

#100 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostSoHxPaladin, on 02 July 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

The Community wanted better group play in the PUG matches!

they put in a contingency for small groups to be in both queue's so that their player pool is not effected horribly so drop times are faster.

I am sorry you decided to run a small group knowing that could happen, i am sorry that you got rofl stomped since you didnt have anyone step up and have the nuts to fight the twelve man by calling the drop, well **** happens. It happened to me earlier before my guys got enough on, our 4 man and 2 other 4 mans against a 12.

If you don't want the bigger groups, then don't group it seems, do i think a group of 2 needs to be in 12s? NO, but, when their numbers show that the group play for pugs is 2 man groups, then they HAVE to put them in a group queue or they will have limited player pools for the groups of 3 or higher.

Grow a sack of juevos and and play the matches to the best you can, you can still beat any 12 man you come across if you play well enough as a TEAM.

suck less cry more

+daedalos, we have played in groups before big guy, you weren't that bitchy in teamspeak.... :)+

I'm sorry but you don't make sense. You're saying I can't drop with a friend and have fun but that's my fault because I'm not in a 12man?

What kind of game would promote itself like that? Good thing you don't work in PGI's PR department.

Ya I used to play 12 mans.. but I explained earlier on why I stopped. These last 10 games since the patch brought memories of my 12manning days.. didn't like it. Game is more enjoyable pugging or small-grouping it.

Here's another thought.. how am I supposed to introduce this game to new players if we can't 2man drop? I mean sure we can technically drop but what kind of experience is the 'noob' going to have on the battlefield for the first time? They won't play this game ever again! It's so wrong on so many levels.

Don't confuse this as QQ'ing, because people that don't agree with an argument always default to calling it QQ'ing. This is feedback for PGI and they really have to listen to our concerns.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 05:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users