#61 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostGeneral Rabbit, on 02 July 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

This is an absolute insolence. 12 teams against 1, 2 or 3 small teams. There is a very high probability to play against Meta 12 team gamers. What is simply unthinkable for normal players. The metagame is rather boring for me and I do not have the time for Metagaming.
3333 is very good but if I have to play against 12 teams even more I am really disappointed and pissed to investet so much money in the game. wor on that matchmaking system. Please.

I stopped dropping 12-mans with my clan because it got boring, FAST. Most games you either rolled (boring), got stomped (frustrating), or stood there for 13.5 minutes waiting for the other 12 man to make a move (waste of time). Getting stomped these past few games brought back memories of 12man dropping with my clan (even tho we won our fair share).

What PGI has done now is mix regular pug-dropping, wanna-have-fun and shoot some lasers video-gamers, with the more DEDICATED and COMPETITIVE players of MWO.

PGI you must keep separate these two market-shares. Mixing them together is a recipe for disaster. The 12-mans in the last few games have said stomping pugs is BORING and they would rather NOT do it. Pugs getting stomped is FRUSTRATING to say the least and anyway this goes without saying.

Keeping the status-quo will likely hurt your bottom line.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#62 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostStormwolfe13, on 02 July 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

Thanks for the info Sarsparilla.... not exactly what I wanted to here... but thanks :)

So PGI is deciding for me what queue I want my 2 - 4 man group drops in? That's just great! Does PGI actually go out of the way to ruin the game... seems like every time they give us some feature we ask for it is ALWAYS accompanied by a slap in the face... I assume for having the temerity to ask for features. Every patch pushes me closer to the exit door.

Apparently, others had already asked for premades to mostly be separate from the solo queue, and 12-mans couldn't find opponents, so that's what PGI implemented after listening to the customers. Look at it this way...now we don't have to try and sync a couple 3 or 4 mans...just group them all up!

Edited by Sarsaparilla Kid, 02 July 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#63 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

10 man and a 2 man vs a 12, not so bad or two 6 man groups.

Just let 2-4 man opt out of the group queue, and then allow solo players(which should be set by default) to not play against any group, then the group players can sit there and wait longer.

View PostSarsaparilla Kid, on 02 July 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

Apparently, others had already asked for premades to mostly be separate from the solo queue, and 12-mans couldn't find opponents, so that's what PGI implemented after listening to the customers.

Uh the community demanded they do something for 5-10 man groups and were very adamant about it, we as a whole demanded this to happen.

Edited by shad0w4life, 02 July 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#64 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostBOWMANGR, on 02 July 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

I just enjoy the screaming from smaller premades getting a taste of their own medicine because they got their bottoms kicked by larger premades for once instead of roflstomping defenseless PUGs for a change. It's hilarious, keep it up!

You may be right, but PGI can't expect all of us to join in groups of 6 or larger EVERY TIME we want to play competitively and have a good time. It can't go on like this.

View Postshad0w4life, on 02 July 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

10 man and a 2 man vs a 12, not so bad or two 6 man groups.

Just let 2-4 man opt out of the group queue, and then allow solo players(which should be set by default) to not play against any group.

YES, a voice of reason. I wanted to suggest this myself but I was waiting for a fellow supporter to do it!

ATTENTION HERE PGI:

Just imagine: Two teams ALL made up of either pugs, OR ALL made up of 2-to-4 man groups! That would be heaven and it doesn't get much fairer than that!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#65 General Rabbit

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:34 PM

I just enjoy the screaming from smaller premades getting a taste of their own medicine because they got their bottoms kicked by larger premades for once instead of roflstomping defenseless PUGs for a change. It's hilarious, keep it up!

what ist the problem with matching groups on groups? a 12 Group of good players sitting in their own Teamspeak is only makeabel by another 12 group with the same requirements. Its like a High school klass againt many different kindergarten groups.

#66 Amaron Madrone

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:36 PM

Sorry, i play causal with my friends.

We play only in small groups 2-4, and more just for fun, no meta build, no hardcore communication.

We are also loose games with 4 Player Premade in the old system vs other PUGs.

Now we are most in the group queue and stomped. 6 Player disappointed with group system and the 240$ Clan invests...

Not every small Premade are Progamers !

#67 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostAmaron Madrone, on 02 July 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

Sorry, i play causal with my friends.

We play only in small groups 2-4, and more just for fun, no meta build, no hardcore communication.

We are also loose games with 4 Player Premade in the old system vs other PUGs.

Now we are most in the group queue and stomped. 6 Player disappointed with group system and the 240$ Clan invests...

Not every small Premade are Progamers !

DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE PGI?

DO YOU SEE THE ERRORS OF YOUR WAYS?

We are trying to help you here.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#68 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 02:33 PM, said:

You may be right, but PGI can't expect all of us to join in groups of 6 or larger EVERY TIME we want to play competitively and have a good time. It can't go on like this.

YES, a voice of reason. I wanted to suggest this myself but I was waiting for a fellow supporter to do it!

Hang on..you want to play competitively but you don't want to play against competitive players at the same time...wait..what?

Team game, designed around 12 people working as a unit against 12 other people working as a unit so that only the better team with the better skills, tactics and teamwork wins...remember?

I've never gotten this whole 'but I don't want to play against teams' thing I've seen all along, why the hell are you playing a TEAM game if you don't want the TEAM thing? Seriously, what in all the hells is that?

#69 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

Major Q: Did you use the "T/Y/U" chat buttons to TALK TO YOUR TEAM at any point of the match?

#70 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

View PostKristov Kerensky, on 02 July 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

Hang on..you want to play competitively but you don't want to play against competitive players at the same time...wait..what?

Team game, designed around 12 people working as a unit against 12 other people working as a unit so that only the better team with the better skills, tactics and teamwork wins...remember?

I've never gotten this whole 'but I don't want to play against teams' thing I've seen all along, why the hell are you playing a TEAM game if you don't want the TEAM thing? Seriously, what in all the hells is that?

Well by 'competitively' I mean with a chance of winning and NOT getting stomped.
I don't play because it's a team game, I play because it's a GIANT ROBOT SHOOTING LASERS game. Besides you can still play as a team if you pug drop.

Again, PGI CANNOT rely on players dropping in large groups every time they want to play and have fun. People won't pay money for this. They want to be able to login, have a fun @#*$^ time shooting lasers, and log off. How often do you have time to organize a group of 8-12 just to play a game? People want instant gratification..

Besides all we're asking is that competitive and casual players NOT BE MIXED unless they want to be. What's wrong with that?

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 02:51 PM.

#71 General Rabbit

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:51 PM

View PostFiona Marshe, on 02 July 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

Major Q: Did you use the "T/Y/U" chat buttons to TALK TO YOUR TEAM at any point of the match?

thank you! you saved my evening . I laughed so loud that my neighbor fallen out of their beds. Chats in FPS Game against Voice over IP...

Edited by General Rabbit, 02 July 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#72 Amaron Madrone

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

Majority of players don't read forums.
Majority of players 85%+ or so (PGI Info) play this Game in random Pugs. So, yes it is a Team Game (designed), but if the majority play this Game just for fun (solo or small groups), then the money comes primary from this peoples. This game will dying fast, if only the hardcore Meta Premades will play and pay this Game.

So every one can have there Opinion. Peace

#73 Duncan Aravain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 416 posts
  • LocationBehind you with a sharp tool...er,mech

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

With the player population so low, PGI is forced to put low number teams wherever they are needed to fill a match. It's that, or have you wait so long to fill a match you would think that waiting for CW to be implemented hasn't been too long.

#74 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostAmaron Madrone, on 02 July 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

Majority of players 85%+ or so (PGI Info) play this Game in random Pugs. So, yes it is a Team Game (designed), but if the majority play this Game just for fun (solo or small groups), then the money comes primary from this peoples. This game will dying fast, if only the hardcore Meta Premades will play and pay this Game.

But the money can come from BOTH 'people.' All they have to do is keep the two game player types SEPARATE.

It's not rocket science.

Peace.

View PostDuncan Aravain, on 02 July 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

With the player population so low, PGI is forced to put low number teams wherever they are needed to fill a match. It's that, or have you wait so long to fill a match you would think that waiting for CW to be implemented hasn't been too long.

That's what I am fearing. But numbers will only dwindle lower if things stay the way they are. I've never STOPPED playing the game out of mere frustration before today. Honestly.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 03:05 PM.

#75 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

View Postshad0w4life, on 02 July 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

Uh the community demanded they do something for 5-10 man groups and were very adamant about it, we as a whole demanded this to happen.

Exactly what I was explaining to my friend, who stated he did not ask for such a thing, so I pointed out that others did in his/our place. I'm not complaining, though really I didn't have a vote anyway as this is not a democracy. It's PGI's show to dictate, so I am just along for the ride, however bumpy it may be at times.

#76 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

Do people READ the patch notes?

This is working AS INTENDED. There is no more 12s queue. Group queue is 5-10, which incidentally is what some people have been crying for, HAHA.

Group size of 2-4 can be dropped into 2 types of games, the Solo/single lance queue OR the F-you-in-the-rear 2-12s queue (they call it the GROUP queue). It's a crap shoot if you drop in 2-4.

Again, READ the patch notes.

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

I was in a group of TWO and just had a pug match where other team was 12 man PREMADE. This isn't supposed to happen, correct? If so.. ARE YOU INSANE?

Posted Image

#77 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

View Postknightsljx, on 02 July 2014 - 03:08 PM, said:

Do people READ the patch notes?

This is working AS INTENDED. There is no more 12s queue. Group queue is 5-10, which incidentally is what some people have been crying for, HAHA.

Group size of 2-4 can be dropped into 2 types of games, the Solo/single lance queue OR the F-you-in-the-rear 2-12s queue (they call it the GROUP queue). It's a crap shoot if you drop in 2-4.

Again, READ the patch notes.

DO YOU READ THE REPLIES? We are so beyond whether it is working as intended. This forum is moving fast so try to keep up. We are at the point of "is this how it should be working.'

The question now is: will it be more fair and will the wait times be so unbearable if the matching system keeps separate pug droppers and 2-4 man groups from 6 man group and up.

These are feedback forums and that is what we're doing, providing (valuable) feedback.

Again, READ the replies and contribute more productively.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 03:22 PM.

#78 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostAmaron Madrone, on 02 July 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

We do not have access to the numbers, but I'd be willing to bet that the average hardcore/competitive player spends more money on this game than the average casual player, and the average casual player is also more likely to leave MWO and move on to a different game sooner than the hardcore/competitive player.

Note that the statistic we were previously given was that 85% of the pilots hitting the launch button were launching solo, not even in a 2-man group. With the way that the solo and group queues are split up now, the 85% that solo-pug are not going to notice a big difference in their matches...actually, their matches should run better as only 1 small premade will be on their team instead of the 2 or 3 that we were seeing prior to this.

#79 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

not my problem if you guys go off topic. The OP posted about how matchmaker is not working properly, which it is. If you want to provide feedback on how it SHOULD be working, start a new thread or post it in Features Suggestion.

Currently, the matchmaker is NOT broken

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

DO YOU READ THE REPLIES? We are so beyond whether it is working as intended. This forum is moving fast so try to keep up. We are at the point of "is this how it should be working.' These are feedback forums and that is what we're doing, providing (valuable) feedback.

Again, READ the replies and contribute more productively.

#80 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,630 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

View Postknightsljx, on 02 July 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

not my problem if you guys go off topic. The OP posted about how matchmaker is not working properly, which it is. If you want to provide feedback on how it SHOULD be working, start a new thread or post it in Features Suggestion.

Currently, the matchmaker is NOT broken

You really thought 75 replies in, we wouldn't have that answer yet?

I hate to be mean but your arrogance forces me to.. thanks again for contributing nothing.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 03:28 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users