12 Man's Vs 2-Man Groups?

402 replies to this topic

#21 SRC472

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Are you listening to yourself? 12 man coordinated vs 3 or 4 or even 5 smaller groups seems ok as long as they aren't all assault? Are you kidding me?

The have no chance against a team of 12.

#22 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

View PostModo44, on 02 July 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

Fairer than multiple premades stompin' on solo players. Carry harder.

But what are the odds one team will be made up all small groups while the other made up of all singles? Zero to NONE. You're point is null.

View PostSRC472, on 02 July 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

The have no chance against a team of 12.

EXACTLY

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 01:06 PM.

#23 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 12:51 PM, said:

Bhaahahaah so PGI thinks it's fair for a team of 6 2-man premades to vs one 12man premade?

No, actually, they don't. It was exactly why they didn't want to implement 5-10 person groups. But certain members of the community whined and spammed until it happened.

#24 Kendricke

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

I was in a group of TWO and just had a pug match where other team was 12 man PREMADE. This isn't supposed to happen, correct? If so.. ARE YOU INSANE?

Posted Image

I haven't logged in yet, but based on my reading of the patch notes, I assume you dropped in the group queue instead of the solo queue, yes?

Per the notes I read:
  • Solo players can only drop in the solo queue.
  • Groups of 2-4 can drop in the solo queue OR the group queue.
  • Groups of 2-10 OR full groups of 12 can drop in the group queue.

If you drop in the solo queue, there can be, at maximum, only one group of 2-4 per side (and if there is a group one one side, there must be a group on the other). If you drop in a group queue, then you can be matched against any number of groups per side that make up 12 players. The only size group you can't form is 11, because that means you would need a solo player to add up to 12 and solo players can't join the group queue.

Conclusion: If you're only in a group of 2-4, you should probably join the solo queue.

Edited by Kendricke, 02 July 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#25 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 02 July 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

No, actually, they don't. It was exactly why they didn't want to implement 5-10 person groups. But certain members of the community whined and spammed until it happened.

Listen, they need to change this pronto, because being stomped on is NOT fun and makes my wallet close up TIGHT. I hope they look over their game stats and see how wrong this is.

#26 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

View PostKazma, on 02 July 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

If I'd be in a 12 man I'd rather not play against pugs but meh, and the 4x3 system was already active for 12 man premades long before this patch

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Are you listening to yourself? 12 man coordinated vs 3 or 4 or even 5 smaller groups seems ok as long as they aren't all assault? Are you kidding me?

I'm referring to prior to the 4x3 implementation...and yeah, it could have been worse without that implementation when a 12-man could choose all Dragon Slayers...:) At least now, both sides will be on equal footing with regards to weight, and the only drawback is that not all the small groups on one side are linked on comms where the other 12-man might be, so they might have the benefit of faster intel, but that doesn't improve their piloting skills.

#27 Revorn

• The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

Prems experiencing now Pugs everyday Life? Intresting.

#28 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostKendricke, on 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

I haven't logged in yet, but based on my reading of the patch notes, I assume you dropped in the group queue instead of the solo queue, yes?

Per the notes I read:
  • Solo players can only drop in the solo queue.
  • Groups of 2-4 can drop in the solo queue OR the group queue.
  • Groups of 2-10 OR full groups of 12 can drop in the group queue.
If you drop in the solo queue, there can be, at maximum, only one group of 2-4 per side (and if there is a group one one side, there must be a group on the other). If you drop in a group queue, then you can be matched against any number of groups per side that make up 12 players. The only size group you can't form is 11, because that means you would need a solo player to add up to 12 and solo players can't join the group queue.

Conclusion: If you're only in a group of 2-4, you should probably join the solo queue.

That's how I read the patch notes as well. Seems like everyone else thinks it's working as intended..?

#29 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Listen, they need to change this pronto, because being stomped on is NOT fun and makes my wallet close up TIGHT. I hope they look over their game stats and see how wrong this is.

I'm with you, but please consider a couple things...

* You played the game during quiet hours when there aren't as many groups available to fill out the group queue. If you play during peak hours, statistically, the chance of this happening then are much smaller.

* Just because it's a 12-man doesn't mean you'll get stomped. I've played on and against 12-mans who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. :)

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 02 July 2014 - 01:17 PM.

#30 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

There can't be that many 12-mans that are having a tough time finding other 12-mans to match up against. If you run up against one...wait 5-10 minutes after the match is done before launching again so that you'll hopefully de-sync your timing with that 12-man. Either that, or after your team is dead, exit out of the match early and launch with a new mech right away!

#31 Kendricke

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

That's how I read the patch notes as well. Seems like everyone else thinks it's working as intended..?

If you read my post, then you'd realize it IS working as intended. What part of my post - my interpretation of the notes is not correct per your experience?

Did you drop in the solo queue or the group queue? If you dropped a group of 2-4 in the solo queue and rolled up against a full 12 man, that's a bug. If you dropped a group of 2-4 in the group queue and rolled up against a full 12 man, that's intentional per the patch notes.

So, which queue were you in? Solo or group?

#32 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostSarsaparilla Kid, on 02 July 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

I'm referring to prior to the 4x3 implementation...and yeah, it could have been worse without that implementation when a 12-man could choose all Dragon Slayers... :) At least now, both sides will be on equal footing with regards to weight, and the only drawback is that not all the small groups on one side are linked on comms where the other 12-man might be, so they might have the benefit of faster intel, but that doesn't improve their piloting skills.

Friend, if they are in a 12 man group, they are likely all ADVANCED players that play this game more than on-and-off. Regardless of comms and weight class, the SKILL level will NOT be equal.

#33 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

View PostKendricke, on 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

Your conclusion is faulty...2-4 man groups do not have this choice, the Matchmaker makes that choice for them, depending on where it needs that group to fill holes.

#34 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostRebas Kradd, on 02 July 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

I'm with you, but please consider a couple things...

* You played the game during quiet hours when there aren't as many groups available to fill out the group queue. If you play during peak hours, statistically, the chance of this happening then are much smaller.

* Just because it's a 12-man doesn't mean you'll get stomped. I've played on and against 12-mans who couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. :)

I'm sorry but in North America it is 5pm in the afternoon. School is out baby and this is far from quiet hour.

Statistically, as you say, 12-mans will dominate pugs, 99% of the time (and you might as well be pugging in a 2-man group).

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 02 July 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#35 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

Friend, if they are in a 12 man group, they are likely all ADVANCED players that play this game more than on-and-off. Regardless of comms and weight class, the SKILL level will NOT be equal.

Not always...and so your best defense is to meet up with fellow FRR pilots on the FRR Teamspeak Hub and make your group larger and more competitive. Also, the Matchmaker is still going to try and match Elo...it's not going to match the most elite teams against those that play casually.

#36 Kendricke

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostSarsaparilla Kid, on 02 July 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Your conclusion is faulty...2-4 man groups do not have this choice, the Matchmaker makes that choice for them, depending on where it needs that group to fill holes.

Then that's my misunderstanding of the patch notes. You don't select the queue, the queue selects for you. Got it.

#37 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostKendricke, on 02 July 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

If you read my post, then you'd realize it IS working as intended. What part of my post - my interpretation of the notes is not correct per your experience?

Did you drop in the solo queue or the group queue? If you dropped a group of 2-4 in the solo queue and rolled up against a full 12 man, that's a bug. If you dropped a group of 2-4 in the group queue and rolled up against a full 12 man, that's intentional per the patch notes.

So, which queue were you in? Solo or group?

How would I know what queue I dropped in?

#38 Sarsaparilla Kid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 664 posts
  • LocationGold Country

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:24 PM

View PostKendricke, on 02 July 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

Then that's my misunderstanding of the patch notes. You don't select the queue, the queue selects for you. Got it.

No problem...that's why the OP is having an issue, because he didn't have a choice...:)

#39 Kendricke

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

I'm sorry but in North America it is 5pm in the afternoon. School is out baby and this is far from quiet hour.

5 PM is not prime time. I realize that for a particular demographic, this feels like no one has to work, but the average age of gamers is not 16 anymore. and hasn't been for decades.

It's currently 2:30 Pacific time, by the way. It's still 4:30 or earlier for more than 85% of North America's population.

#40 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 02 July 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

Statistically, as you say, 12-mans will dominate pugs, 99% of the time.

I'm aware school is out. I'm a teacher. :) It doesn't mean working people are home from their jobs. And quit pulling 99% out of your ass, there are PLENTY of teams that are bad.

Quit being pissed for a second and just listen...give it a few more hours and you're likely to start finding better matches for your small group.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users