#281 Grifthin

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:07 AM

As per this thread:

[–]ScarcerClan Wolf 2 points 9 hours ago

They didn't nail it. Half the games are large groups vs pugs.
  • pgi_kbergSenior Systems Engineer 9 points 4 hours ago

Please if you ever encounter this, then take a screenshot of your scoreboard and report the game to our support team. What you describe (groups 4+) playing against pugs (non-grouped players) should be completely impossible.

http://www.reddit.co...the_matchmaker/

So yeah - People complaining be wrong yo.

Edited by Grifthin, 03 July 2014 - 02:08 AM.

#282 Vercinaigh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 325 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:33 AM

View PostGrifthin, on 03 July 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

As per this thread:

[–]ScarcerClan Wolf 2 points 9 hours ago

They didn't nail it. Half the games are large groups vs pugs.
  • pgi_kbergSenior Systems Engineer 9 points 4 hours ago

Please if you ever encounter this, then take a screenshot of your scoreboard and report the game to our support team. What you describe (groups 4+) playing against pugs (non-grouped players) should be completely impossible.

http://www.reddit.co...the_matchmaker/

So yeah - People complaining be wrong yo.

It's not, it's groups of 2+ fighting 12's sometimes, as intended.

#283 Razimir

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

We had 7 to 10 player drops yesterday. It was good, we didn't had many stomps. One premade group of parrots kicked our butt 0-12, but the rest were pretty close games. I think, we only won one stomp match.

With this patch ELO can not put you in lose streak, games feels more balanced and less retarted. Good work PGI! The best patch for a long time.

-Raz

#284 alVolVloLy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:08 AM

View PostRallog, on 02 July 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

No one should be punished. Right now small groups are seriously punished. There are only two groups happy right now, 10+ and solo. Thats it. This implementation is horrible. I don't see how people are saying its so wonderful can be happy. Its no challenge, or practice, to slap a bunch of 2 mans around in your 12 man. If there are more than 3 groups in the enemy team, and you have a 12 man and you lose more than 2 or 3 mechs you did something wrong. How is that fun for anyone? You should be acknowledging that there is a problem and asking for a solution. Do you want other people to not have fun? Other games have pulled off a very successful matchmaker in a similar game while still providing for groups, small groups, and solo. Why can't they make it good for everyone?

I ran in groups sized 6-8 last night, and we were all happy (just to get that out of the way). It was a mixed bag of drops, some nailbiters, some major comebacks from the opposing team, some rolls. Pretty much the same thing I've always seen, except that we weren't required to split the guys that were online and playing.

Seems good so far and should only get better as time goes on and matchmaker gets further tweaks.

#285 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:14 AM

View PostXxEDGExX, on 02 July 2014 - 12:54 PM, said:

lol just launched a 2 man group and got pitted against a team of 12 clan wolf although we killed some but a coordinated 12 man group is gonna win 95% of the time

Where did you get your data? Since the new queue system is less than 24 hours old, I'm surprised you ran 100 matches already.

While yes, a 2-man can get pitted against a 12-man, you still have 10 other players on your team. I suggest actually communicating with them.

I played in some 10-mans last night and none of our added 2-mans ever said a goddamn word to communicate. The advantage of 12-mans is greater communication.

#286 Von Falkenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 563 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:20 AM

Ingame incentive for players to group up that we longed for for a long time? Check.

Group up, form teams, get better!

Good job PGI. This game needed a reminder why it's a "team based" game.

#287 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:25 AM

So I ran some games last night. Here is how it worked out for me...

During the day I solo pugged, as is normal for me. Had a lot of fun. No big ROFL rolls either way. Good balanced games. At night though I got on with my group....

First we started small, a 3 man group. Went alright, hit some of the solo group que and it was fairly balanced, but we'd occasionally hit the group que and get rolled because a built 12 man is ALWAYS better than a couple of smaller groups thrown together..

Then, we started adding people. After we got over 4 things went down hill. We would consistently run into full 12 man teams running full comp based decks. We'd get rolled over every time. You simply won't have a chance against a comp based 12 man deck unless you are running another comp based deck, and have your 12 man on coms and working together. Even when we got up to 8 people we would still get rolled over by the meta decks. Even worse was the juvenile attitude of the 12 man teams thinking they were awesome because they rolled over a non comp build multiple group team with their double strike meta deck.

So long story short:

Solo is good, 4 man is okay, anything more bring out your big guns, and run 12s, because the other side will. Try not to be a jerk to the poor group you have to run into in the group que that isn't a 12 man group, because you'll hit them as much as another 12 man.

#288 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:27 AM

View PostVon Falkenstein, on 03 July 2014 - 03:20 AM, said:

Ingame incentive for players to group up that we longed for for a long time? Check.

Group up, form teams, get better!

Good job PGI. This game needed a reminder why it's a "team based" game.

I agree, but those teams need to be balanced by pre-made numbers.

#289 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:31 AM

View PostDrasari, on 03 July 2014 - 03:27 AM, said:

I agree, but those teams need to be balanced by pre-made numbers.

If you want to wait like 15 mins to set up matches, you might just get that. But I seriously doubt most players want that.

#290 Kutfroat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 228 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:31 AM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

That is not is champ. But nice trolling. Friends list is well populated.

Sometimes I just want to be in a 2-4 group and I think that I should not be put against a 12 man in comms together.

Learn to read, troll less.

i give you all the good advices i got whenever i said i don´t want to play against 4 man premades when pugging:

1. l2p
2. play meta or die
3. if you don´t drop in meta you deserve to lose
4. get some (more in your case) friends
5. grow some balls
6. deal with it
7. play different game

i think every group 3+ should be forced into the group queue and. 2 player groups can be put into soloqueue to fill up teams.

this is especially pathetic: "Sometimes I just want to be in a 2-4 group and I think that I should not be put against a 12 man in comms together."

i think, if i and everyone else who does, drop solo, i should not be put against a 4 man in comms together...that was´nt a valid point, suddenly if "they" are on the recieving end it is...

Edited by Kutfroat, 03 July 2014 - 03:35 AM.

#291 Spawnsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:59 AM

Spoiler

Mmmm tears so delicious and salty I need to drink extra water to stave off dehydration!

This is, apart from just desserts, a big advert for in-game VOIP as hey, who would have guessed that a side with 12 players in voice communications has a distinct advantage in co-ordination and reaction time over a team made of smaller groups?

Hell, I might even play the game for the first time in a while...

#292 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:17 AM

What are you going to do when CW comes and you have to face 12 mans with your pug group? Will you be QQing then to?

#293 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:25 AM

Ha - thx for the advices - when i will drop against 12men premade teams - i will try to challenge some of them personally...
if they don't dare to face me 1 on 1 - i will make a screenshot - and come back to the forum to destroy them and there unit - :P

name and shame will remove my postings - but you can't stop the signal ;)

Edited by Karl Streiger, 03 July 2014 - 04:25 AM.

#294 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:25 AM

View PostTheFuzzyBunny, on 03 July 2014 - 03:25 AM, said:

So I ran some games last night. Here is how it worked out for me...

During the day I solo pugged, as is normal for me. Had a lot of fun. No big ROFL rolls either way. Good balanced games. At night though I got on with my group....

First we started small, a 3 man group. Went alright, hit some of the solo group que and it was fairly balanced, but we'd occasionally hit the group que and get rolled because a built 12 man is ALWAYS better than a couple of smaller groups thrown together..

Then, we started adding people. After we got over 4 things went down hill. We would consistently run into full 12 man teams running full comp based decks. We'd get rolled over every time. You simply won't have a chance against a comp based 12 man deck unless you are running another comp based deck, and have your 12 man on coms and working together. Even when we got up to 8 people we would still get rolled over by the meta decks. Even worse was the juvenile attitude of the 12 man teams thinking they were awesome because they rolled over a non comp build multiple group team with their double strike meta deck.

So long story short:

Solo is good, 4 man is okay, anything more bring out your big guns, and run 12s, because the other side will. Try not to be a jerk to the poor group you have to run into in the group que that isn't a 12 man group, because you'll hit them as much as another 12 man.

This was always my worry by doing a group queue like this.

I haven't had a chance to play post-patch, but I'm curious to see if this is accurate.

#295 Danish Fury

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 48 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:37 AM

So, people who are used to roflstomping people in their premade groups aren't having fun playing with their friends anymore because they are being stomped by larger premade groups....

You poor, poor, things....

#296 Spawnsalot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:39 AM

View PostZolaz, on 03 July 2014 - 04:17 AM, said:

What are you going to do when CW comes and you have to face 12 mans with your pug group? Will you be QQing then to?

Care to find a dev post with that in? Do you honestly think that will happen if/when CW comes out? That PGI will just undo all of their MM changes and drop 12-mans against 12 solos?

#297 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:41 AM

View PostDanish Fury, on 03 July 2014 - 04:37 AM, said:

So, people who are used to roflstomping people in their premade groups aren't having fun playing with their friends anymore because they are being stomped by larger premade groups....

You poor, poor, things....

You're so adorable....

No, that isn't the issue at all. The issue is a 12 man deck, with comp based builds is > than a group of groups with a regular variety of builds. Which really isn't a surprise to anyone, or shouldn't be. The lesson learned is that if you're going to run a group, and be in the group mode, you better be as close to a 12 man as possible, and run your comp based builds and tactics.

#298 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:46 AM

I did several 8-12 man drops last night. The MM seemed to do a pretty good job, I don't remember the exact numbers but I think we had close to a 50/50 W/L ratio. Most of the time there was a large group on the other team. We weren't running a specific drop deck, we just had people playing the mechs they wanted that would fit into the 4x3 rules. Seemed to be fine.

Edited by Lostdragon, 03 July 2014 - 04:47 AM.

#299 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:17 AM

View PostTheFuzzyBunny, on 03 July 2014 - 04:41 AM, said:

You're so adorable....

No, that isn't the issue at all. The issue is a 12 man deck, with comp based builds is > than a group of groups with a regular variety of builds. Which really isn't a surprise to anyone, or shouldn't be. The lesson learned is that if you're going to run a group, and be in the group mode, you better be as close to a 12 man as possible, and run your comp based builds and tactics.

To be fair you should always run your tactics, regardless of what mechs you should be doing coordinated movements. The basics man, you know positioning, focus firing, cover and concealment, counter movements, firing lines, etc... As far as the build though, as long as you have a over all theme and you guys select mechs and builds that compliment each other then things are better off. Think of it as a Infantry platoon, you have rifleman, machine gunners, guy with maybe a m203, designated marksman, etc. In MWO you should have a main force consisting of either some Close to mid range force (Or you can do main force long range), with maybe 2-3 support units such as dakka, LRM's, or Snipers if you are running a brawling comp. Followed up by maybe 2-3 lights to give you scouting reports and to harass enemy backs when the fight goes CQB. You let your guys run what they want but you give them a job such as you are going to be a frontline brawler, so please bring your best brawler blah blah so on and so forth. If you are running smaller groups then make sure your guys take as many of the bigger mechs first before you fill in with mediums and lights.

#300 TheFuzzyBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 446 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:19 AM

Yup, that's pretty much what I said.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users