#301 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:21 AM

View PostTorgun, on 03 July 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

If you want to wait like 15 mins to set up matches, you might just get that. But I seriously doubt most players want that.

Where did you get that number from? Could it at least be attempted?

I recall them saying they can track and adjust the MM in real time now.

Edited by Drasari, 03 July 2014 - 05:22 AM.

#302 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:21 AM

Honestly, last night was the most fun I've had in a long time. Dropped with groups as small as 5 all the way to full 12's. My observations are simply that the in game comms are insufficient. MM is working well, as most matches the scoreboard didn't tell the real story. There were plenty of very hard fought 12-0 matches, fights that didn't start for the first 5 minutes, and no lrmwarrior at all.

The weakness is the comms. The text panel is a pain, slow, and you can't see history on it. The small groups don't understand when someone is typing B, they are saying focus fire on target B. They don't understand that 5-b3 is a warning that 5 mechs are in grid b3.

#303 BoomDog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:31 AM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 09:39 PM, said:

I doubt very much that you read a single one, that or you missed just a little bit of context (hint: a lot).

No one is asking to have a four man against 12 pugs but they do want four on both sides, or fives, sixes etc etc. balance you see. Even number of people in the same drop on the same side in a pre-made in comms.

ROFL....you still don't see it?

The beautiful irony of a premade player who thinks that it's "fair" to be in a match against a team that is mostly against solo players, but it's "not fair" to face a 12 man..... you know, like how a single player has to face a 4 man.

If you truly wanted "balance" then solo players should never face any premade, and 4 mans would be in the group queue, 12 mans in a separate queue.

Oh, and yes, I did read all the posts, and yes there are many premade players crying about facing 12 mans because they lost their easy mode.

#304 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostHeffay, on 02 July 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

Karl Berg made a number of posts about group Elo inflation. So yeah, people who were running 4 mans to get that 2500 Elo will now drop to a more accurate reflection of their actual skill, minus having a group prop them up. This is a very, very good thing.

I know alot of people who had inflated elo elitism attitudes. They only played 4 man meta groups and whenever any little thing went wrong in a match they would say " f'ing pugs ". Well see how they adapt to getting dropped in the group que lmao.

#305 Alwrathandabout42ninjas

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostKutfroat, on 03 July 2014 - 03:31 AM, said:

i give you all the good advices i got whenever i said i don´t want to play against 4 man premades when pugging:

2. play meta or die
3. if you don´t drop in meta you deserve to lose

I agree with everything in your post except these 2. You dont have to play what someone else thinks is " meta " to win. With the Clan launch, more weapon systems are being used than ever before, even in 12 mans.

#306 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:49 AM

I didn't mind hitting a 12 man. I at least knew I would get a fight. We hit 2 last night once in a group of 5or6, which we lost like 12-8, and another with a group of 9, which we won 12-3.

Those were the only 2 matches where we actually had to pay attention and focus damage and movement, which was a nice change of pace in the general queue.

#307 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

All I keep hearing is: "My 2 man group doesn't work well with others." If you are in a 2 man and teamed up with a 10 man... My first move is to let the 10 man team go to work! Chill in the background, watch the flanks, scout for them. I sure as hell am not going to run out in front of them. We had 8 man drops and too often the odd lance out was unwilling to co-operate with our 8 man. In 10 man drops the same applied to the 2 man that got dropped with us. They just ran off on their own and did what ever they wanted.

#308 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:17 AM

"Groups are ruining pugs..."
"12 mans are ruining groups..."

By no means am I a whiteknight. But I feel really bad for PGI right now. I think they made great strides with this MM. I'd say they could put in VoIP so the groups will stop crying, but in all the discussions about VoIP, groups are amongst the loudest to not have it implemented or pre refused to use it.

I guess it will have to be 12v12 only que, sorry about the wait 12 mans, some are too spoiled to compromise.

#309 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

View PostDjPush, on 03 July 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

All I keep hearing is: "My 2 man group doesn't work well with others." If you are in a 2 man and teamed up with a 10 man... My first move is to let the 10 man team go to work! Chill in the background, watch the flanks, scout for them. I sure as hell am not going to run out in front of them. We had 8 man drops and too often the odd lance out was unwilling to co-operate with our 8 man. In 10 man drops the same applied to the 2 man that got dropped with us. They just ran off on their own and did what ever they wanted.

Then you are not listening.

#310 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

This made me laugh. Hard.

The George Four-Man grills are now complaining about being matched with 12's?

Wanna know how many times I've been told I need "moar friends" by 4 DS Victor Poopturd Metanerds? That it's somehow "skilled" just by dropping with 3 other metanerds?

This is akin to a large mouth bass getting dropped into the ocean. Sure a bass swallows all the little fish in its pond, but once it's in the sea, there's bigger fish out there that will easily kill it.

They're finally getting a taste of their own medicine.

#311 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:46 AM

View PostTechorse, on 03 July 2014 - 06:37 AM, said:

This made me laugh. Hard.

The George Four-Man grills are now complaining about being matched with 12's?

Wanna know how many times I've been told I need "moar friends" by 4 DS Victor Poopturd Metanerds? That it's somehow "skilled" just by dropping with 3 other metanerds?

This is akin to a large mouth bass getting dropped into the ocean. Sure a bass swallows all the little fish in its pond, but once it's in the sea, there's bigger fish out there that will easily kill it.

They're finally getting a taste of their own medicine.

You do realize that when a 4 man was on the other team, you had one too?

No worries tho, just avoid it completely.

#312 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostDrasari, on 03 July 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

Yeah I know. But it's still funny to see the four man teams complaining. Also, the four man groups I had during those matches weren't running meta cheese.

#313 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 03 July 2014 - 12:07 AM, said:

No problem. Everyone can just pay for the game, then it's not F2P obviously.

Would be a much higher quality player base if this were the case, I know I'd fully support it.

#314 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:17 AM

Posted Image

#315 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:21 AM

View PostDrasari, on 03 July 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

Actually that was never the case, it could have been 2 premades in one team and all solo players in the other just as well. It's only now that we have equal amount of premades in each team, and even now it could be one 2-mans on one team and a 4-mans on the other.

#316 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

View PostTorgun, on 03 July 2014 - 07:21 AM, said:

Actually that was never the case, it could have been 2 premades in one team and all solo players in the other just as well. It's only now that we have equal amount of premades in each team, and even now it could be one 2-mans on one team and a 4-mans on the other.

I think the group sizes are matched, but even if the aren't it's still an infinitely better system for the solo player.

#317 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

This has been explained MULTIPLE times, Drasari apparently is ignoring it each time.

View PostBilbo, on 03 July 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

I think the group sizes are matched, but even if the aren't it's still an infinitely better system for the solo player.

It TRIES to match group size. Safety valves mean sometimes you might get a 4+(8x1) vs 2+(10x1).

As you said though, infinitely better for solo players.

The food chain statement above is right on...

#318 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

View PostBilbo, on 03 July 2014 - 07:24 AM, said:

I doubt it, they'd have to put whatever sizes the group queue needs first to get a match started since that's by far the hardest puzzle to put together. But my reply was not for our current situation, it was about what was before this last patch. And matched premades before that was not included in the matchmaker at all.

Edited by Torgun, 03 July 2014 - 07:28 AM.

#319 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:31 AM

Oh so that was broken but being a 2 man with other split groups going against a 10-12 is ok, got it.

Either way, I will never be in that situation again.

#320 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 03 July 2014 - 07:31 AM

View PostTorgun, on 03 July 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

I doubt it, they'd have to put whatever sizes the group queue needs first to get a match started since that's by far the hardest puzzle to put together. But my reply was not for our current situation, it was about what was before this last patch. And matched premades before that was not included in the matchmaker at all.

My comment was specific to the solo queue. Many of the small groups are probably going to need time to adjust since they aren't going to have some of the advantages, namely more groups on one side than the other, that they had before.

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users