372 replies to this topic

#61 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

You are grouped.

You play with groups.

This is how other games do it.

Frankly, you are lucky you ever get to play against solo players. Most games only allow ungrouped players into that queue.

#62 Dolph Hoskins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 499 posts
  • LocationThe Machine

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

FFS...

Here is the MM part from the patch notes. I would figure that if there are any real deviations from what is written here they will address them.

"Solo Players: Solo players are matched in the Solo queue and can select their preferred game mode. Players can also use the matchmaking queue status for each weight class to reduce wait times. There can also be one group of 2 to 4 per team.

Groups of 2 to 4: Groups of 2 to 4 will be matched up in the Solo players queue or the group queue. When they are placed in a Solo queue there will be a group of 2 to 4 on the opposing team. When matched in the Group queue they will be playing with groups of various compositions. Keeping an eye on the matchmaking queue status for each weight class will reduce wait times

Groups 5 to 10 and 12: Larger groups now will be dropping in the group queue (formerly the 12 player queue). Teams will need to respect the 4x3 weight composition in order to launch and will be matched against other grouped players. The group UI has added information and functionality to help players configure their team composition and refill consumables after a match.
  • There are two types of matchmaking requests, determined by group size:
    • Solo players up to groups of four are considered valid candidates for Solo queue games.
    • Groups of 2 to 12 – (except 11) are considered valid candidates for ‘Group’ games.
  • The matchmaker will attempt to match based on both Elo and weight class composition (3’s)
  • Over time, the matchmaker will relax both Elo and weight class composition constraints. In the case of weight class composition, the matchmaker guarantees both teams end up matching.
  • Here are some hard guarantees the matchmaker makes with default configs. Currently:
    • A solo player should never be put into a game with a group of 5+
    • A solo player should never be put into a game that has more than one premade on a team
    • Both teams must have the same mix of lights / mediums / heavies / assaults to launch
    • Both teams must be full to launch
    • A group of 11 is never allowed into the queue, the matchmaker must refuse the request
    • Teams must conform to the 3’s rule, otherwise the matchmaker must refuse the request"
Continue to freak the **** out now.

Edited by The Ripper13, 02 July 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#63 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted Image

You all asked for group ques. Our group ran a CW 9-man and we feel slightly bad for the beatings we were dishing out. They just need to tighten up the elo for groups. Wont get into the fact we have coms and you guys didnt.

#64 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

View PostHeffay, on 02 July 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Because even small group (2-4) have inflated Elos. Now they will have Elos that more accurately reflect their skill levels, playing against other people whose Elos more accurately reflect their skill levels, in better balanced matches. Everybody wins. Except the people who ran 4 man meta groups exclusively to get that 90% win rate. That wasn't an accurate reflection of their skill. It was them taking advantage of the system.

So those 4 man meta guys never dropped solo? I'm assuming if they did, they'd get smoked (like gangbangers without their homies).

If anything, I'm guessing solo drops will be easier competition for some (like myself). I look forward to testing this out tonight.

#65 Quick n Fast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationKahnawake

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

@Drasari

The title of your post has nothing to do about wat ur bitchin about...

"12 Mans Rofl Stomping Pugs Again"

the term "Pug" means "Pick up grp".. u cant be in a grp and pick up grps to make a grp... that's not "Pug".
but if ur a solo dropper and u join a grp then yes that is a pick up grp.. "Pug"

Ur title is misleading when ppl read that they'll assume you mean 12mans are in the solo drop que when they're not..
the last time we had " 12 Mans Rofl Stomping Pugs Again " was when they were in the solo que. that's why they got their own 12man que..

plz rename ur title to " 2-4grp should not face 12man premades"

#66 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

I have popcorn and beer

#67 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

This is what Piranha has to do in order to allow players to run in groups of more than 4.

Groups of 4 should have the option of not playing in the group queue though. Because a four man put together with other four mans or a bunch of two mans isnt balanced against a 12 man.

#68 Screech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

So MM is working correctly and it is just the farmers that are freaking?

If so, I couldn't be more pleased. Will lead to average group size slowly increasing, which is a good thing.

#69 Zaggeron

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostHBizzle, on 02 July 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

This should expose how big an issue not having in game VOIP is.

This.

They have said they are working on in-game VOIP and once that is in place a lot of this should smooth out -- or at least there won't be as big of an excuse when getting pummeled by a 12 man. 2 mans might still have it a bit rough, but 4x 4-mans vs a 12-man shouldn't be an issue when all have full team voice communication available.

#70 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 02 July 2014 - 02:03 PM, said:

So those 4 man meta guys never dropped solo? I'm assuming if they did, they'd get smoked (like gangbangers without their homies).

If anything, I'm guessing solo drops will be easier competition for some (like myself). I look forward to testing this out tonight.

They did, but not in the weight class they competed at. 4 man Victor groups (and Highlanders before that) all night long. If they wanted to solo drop, they did very limited numbers or used the other 3 weight classes to run with the steering wheel underhive (of which they were probably properly included in). :)

#71 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostKhobai, on 02 July 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

Groups of 4 should have the option of not playing in the group queue though. Because a four man put together with other four mans or a bunch of two mans isnt balanced against a 12 man.

And solo players should have the option of not playing with premades. But we can't all get what we want.

#72 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

View PostKhobai, on 02 July 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

You are talking like there's always going to be a 12-man against your 4-man. Nope. 12-mans are quite rare actually (excluding prime time) and you'll probably just be going against other groups of varied size most of the time.

#73 BARBAR0SSA

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Oh man this is beyond Epic!

Before group players said: "If you don't like it play in a group as well, make some friends and drop in a lance"

Now: "Wahh our 3 pre made lances got wiped, we should be playing against the solo players!"

There was so much bitching for a group queue, it was delivered and now it's hated bwahahaha.

What's the correct response now, l2p? Make more Friends? Don't piss and moan about something without understanding the end result?

But I will say they should allow 2-4 mans to opt out of being in group queue, along with allowing solos to opt out of playing against any group.

Then you'd end up with a bunch of pissed off 2-4 mans waiting forever, and then bitching about MM not working.

Edited by shad0w4life, 02 July 2014 - 02:12 PM.

#74 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

That is not what is happening at all. Groups of 2+ can be used to make up a rag-tag group to take on the 12 in comms together.

Well learn how to follow the 10-mans

#75 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

Sometimes I just want to be in a 2-4 group and I think that I should not be put against a 12 man in comms together.

Learn to read, troll less.

"Sometimes I just want to stomp PUGs with my l337 crew. Now I'm whining, because I actually have to put some effort into the game."

Learn to play, troll less.

#76 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

View Postugrakarma, on 02 July 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Too often this was not the case. 2-man groups put against two full 4-mans etc. MM was far from perfect even then.

Also you have to take the tonnage into consideration. While the 12-man group is strictly restricted to 3/3/3/3, the 3 4-man groups are likely not. So you could have matches like 6 heavies, 2 assaults, 3 medium, 1 light against 3/3/3/3 12-man company. That means that the opposite team has the advantage by tonnage and if they are somewhat able players, they will take down the 12-man group. Just like the days 12-man queue leaked into PUGs. We won many 12-mans then just because of our tonnage advantage. (Based on experience, we dropped 10-man and the 2-man who was added to our team was not following the 3/3/3/3 rule).

Not perfect but now it's exasperated by the changes.

#77 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

View PostHeffay, on 02 July 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

They did, but not in the weight class they competed at. 4 man Victor groups (and Highlanders before that) all night long. If they wanted to solo drop, they did very limited numbers or used the other 3 weight classes to run with the steering wheel underhive (of which they were probably properly included in). :)

Wow...that's crazy. Only specializing in one weight class? I can't even play one mech (regardless of how well I'm doing in it) for a few drops in a row without wanting to switch it up.

I guess you gotta do some extreme stuff if you want to be elite at anything in this world.

#78 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

View PostScreech, on 02 July 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

So MM is working correctly and it is just the farmers that are freaking?

If so, I couldn't be more pleased. Will lead to average group size slowly increasing, which is a good thing.

Somebody finally got the REAL kicker.

People will band up and form larger and larger groups, and possibly even loose units.

That usually leads to an overall increase in general population.

That is a good thing for everyone at all levels of play. More people for your unit, more Pugs for you to stomp, and more friends to have.

#79 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 12:50 PM, said:

This sure won't piss anyone off at all....

Solo players cannot drop with 12-mans or groups of 5+

Edited by Bhael Fire, 02 July 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#80 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

View PostRasc4l, on 02 July 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

"Sometimes I just want to stomp PUGs with my l337 crew. Now I'm whining, because I actually have to put some effort into the game."

Learn to play, troll less.

Yeah, type things completely different then what I am saying to make no point what so ever.

My 2-4 man groups against other 2-4 man groups. Not multiple groups of 2-4 against a 12. Simple.

54 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 54 guests, 0 anonymous users