#101 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

View PostKyle Wright, on 02 July 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

CAN I LIKE THIS A BILLION TIMES.... ITS A TEAM GAME DEAL WITH IT OR GO CREATE SOLARIS!!!

As 84% of people mostly solo, should THEY ALL LEAVE AND YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH NO GAME AT ALL due to lack of funding ?

I can use upper case as well, and it doesn't make me look clever either

#102 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

Did anyone honestly thing PGI would get it right? I mean it is PGI after all...........they'll roll this MM back and we will all go back to the games of 7+ assaults on each team and we will like it.

PGI must continue to cater to their 1337 players, what better way to build their confidence than to allow them to drop their metawolfs against pugs?

Another game will come along sooner or later using this IP and maybe they'll do it better......until then, if you want to play anything even remotely like Battletech you have to play it their way.

#103 Star Col Nicolai Malthus

Rookie

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

Sync Drops work everytime!!! :)

#104 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostCathy, on 02 July 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

As 84% of people mostly solo, should THEY ALL LEAVE AND YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH NO GAME AT ALL due to lack of funding ?

I can use upper case as well, and it doesn't make me look clever either

There is no group bigger than 4 dropping in SOLO QUEUES. This is a competitive game. Go play Hello Kitty Adventure Land if you cant deal with fighting better players.

OP was referring to getting his butt kicked in the GROUP QUEUE...

Edited by Kyle Wright, 02 July 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#105 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

Like being the 12 solo players or 8 pugs plus a casual 4 man vs a sync dropped tryhard didnt sck. We were told to suck it up and drop with teams or get rolled. So much irony here. Glorious.

#106 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostR Razor, on 02 July 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

Did anyone honestly thing PGI would get it right? I mean it is PGI after all...........they'll roll this MM back and we will all go back to the games of 7+ assaults on each team and we will like it.

PGI must continue to cater to their 1337 players, what better way to build their confidence than to allow them to drop their metawolfs against pugs?

Another game will come along sooner or later using this IP and maybe they'll do it better......until then, if you want to play anything even remotely like Battletech you have to play it their way.

Clan tech is fine.

View PostKyle Wright, on 02 July 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

There is no group bigger than 4 dropping in SOLO QUEUES. This is a competitive game. Go play Hello Kitty Adventure Land if you cant deal with fighting better players.

OP was referring to getting his butt kicked in the GROUP QUEUE...

Seems you have it wrong.

I do not want to go up against a 10-12 in my 2-4. I want to go up against another 2-4, or two of them even.

#107 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

View PostR Razor, on 02 July 2014 - 02:58 PM, said:

But I'll be 60 then and far to old for pc games :)

Simple fact of all this is that which ever way PGI go, people will get butt hurt and people will stop playing.

If and only if PGI had kept to their orginal time scale for the developement of this game then they could have afford to say well we win some we lose some, but now after being over a year late and a dollar short, even losing a thusand or so hurts them hard.

so they dither and try to do the fools evand of trying to please al lthe people all the time.

They like the player base have to stick to a course and whatever happen take it win or lose and make choices from that

My own choice if I had any control in the matter would been to have just kept solos and twos in a seperate group, and allow the biggest group that isn't a 12 be a 8 man but they can't or the 10 man groups would never get a drop

There is no perfect option to groups and match maker

Edited by Cathy, 02 July 2014 - 03:15 PM.

#108 WhiteRabbit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 377 posts
  • Locationover there

View PostKyle Wright, on 02 July 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

....and the thread is groups of 4-2 complaining that they can drop against bigger groups in the group queue (with a little side-whine of 2 mans being matched against 4mans in the solo queue)...which is really funny to watch for me :)

#109 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

Clan tech is fine.

Not so much a shot at Clan Tech as it is at those 12 man comp teams that live and die by the meta and have a new shiny that is arguably better than the DS so they field it more often than not.........

End result is the same, PGI would prefer to cater to them and keep them happy than implement any sort of game play that would appeal to the broader audience...........at least that's the impression one tends to gain over time after watching lame attempt after lame attempt at "balance" anyway.

#110 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

Leave if you dont like it.

But the OP of this whole thing, man you are way off. 12 mans don't pug stomp when the solo players can NEVER be in the same game with them.

What a dumb, dumb post.

#111 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostHans Von Lohman, on 02 July 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Leave if you dont like it.

But the OP of this whole thing, man you are way off. 12 mans don't pug stomp when the solo players can NEVER be in the same game with them.

What a dumb, dumb post.

You're a rocket scientist aren't you? Keep telling folks to leave and see how long you have a game to play. Drasari is many things (including Canadian ewww and a Test Tube lover) but what it isn't is a complainer or dumb....

#112 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostDrasari, on 02 July 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

Clan tech is fine.

Seems you have it wrong.

I do not want to go up against a 10-12 in my 2-4. I want to go up against another 2-4, or two of them even.

I agree, 2-4 mans should be able to just drop 1 group in solo queue. YOu should have that option as a smaller group

#113 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

This game has always had groups/teams using their numbers and VOIP software in order to gain advantage and in a lot of cases farm solo players. Groups have also tried various ways to drop sync to gain greater advantages at the expense of solo players.

Now you cannot drop sync to play against solo players and at best you will be playing against your other group. BUT, you can team up together and drop against other groups of co-ordinated (assumed) players for greater tactical challenges. It will NO LONGER be farming though.

We need to give new players to MWO a chance to learn the game by playing solo without getting stomped by organised teams who just want to farm them. If new players stay, they will become more confident and skilled and may eventually start forming teams, or joining established teams. This means that MWO continues to grow/survive.

I would say that generally Teams with VOIP enjoyed stomping unorganised (PUGS) opposition because everyone loves to win. If such teams have to now face groups (or 1 group of 12) then skill up, communicate and view it as a challenge.

If you think it is unfair to lose games, possibly even get stomped, maybe even lower your precious K/D rate (for some people this is important) remember that you were doing the same to other people.

PGI has brought in these changes because there was a need to try to give a lot of players more chances and opportunities to play this game. Generally groups now get to play against other groups. What is wrong with this.

Isn't this what we are progressing towards when Clan Warfare gets implemented anyhow? A lot of players are looking forward to Clan Warfare because they can organise and drop as groups and play hard ball in the taking/defending of planets...

Skill up and have fun no matter whether you are winning or losing.

Cheers!
Eboli

Edited by Eboli, 02 July 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#114 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

Well, I haven't dropped in the group que yet. My (incorrect) understanding, prior to today's patch, was that 2-4's would be given the option to go pug (as things were yesterday) or go into the group que. Going into the group que you get what you pay for (as it were). The problem for PGI's wallet will be those mom-n-pop pairs, father-son, buddy-buddy pairs trio's and quads that are more casual than us addicts. Without the choice to get away from arty/air spamming, meta on comms groups, those casuals aren't going to have a pleasant experience.

I imagine in NA evening things will be a little more even with more 12's to face each other, and a greater population equalizing Elo for those smaller groups. I've been lobbying for this change, so I have nothing to cry about. I also have a unit behind me to start ramping-up more participation without the odd-man-out problems.

I can understand where a majority of the casual population trying to "small-group" are going to get sent to the meat-grinder though. And *that* will lose PGI/IGP money. Might not want to let that get out of hand!

#115 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

View PostHeffay, on 02 July 2014 - 01:59 PM, said:

Because even small group (2-4) have inflated Elos. Now they will have Elos that more accurately reflect their skill levels, playing against other people whose Elos more accurately reflect their skill levels, in better balanced matches. Everybody wins. Except the people who ran 4 man meta groups exclusively to get that 90% win rate. That wasn't an accurate reflection of their skill. It was them taking advantage of the system.

Then why allow small groups in the solo queue at all? Why not just consign them to the group queue and be done with it? Wouldn't that make their Elo ratings even more accurate?

If you're going to allow them in both queues, shouldn't the player get to choose?

My issue is not which queue you put small groups in. My issue is with the player not having a choice in the matter.

If your concern is that allowing small groups in the solo queue leads to inflated Elo ratings, then why allow them into that queue at all?

#116 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 02 July 2014 - 03:20 PM, said:

Then why allow small groups in the solo queue at all? Why not just consign them to the group queue and be done with it? Wouldn't that make their Elo ratings even more accurate?

If you're going to allow them in both queues, shouldn't the player get to choose?

My issue is not which queue you put small groups in. My issue is with the player not having a choice in the matter.

If your concern is that allowing small groups in the solo queue leads to inflated Elo ratings, then why allow them into that queue at all?

Because generally speaking there are probably not enough groups to maintain a large enough population. That would be my guess anyway.

#117 Veranova

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 542 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:26 PM

Well this is what we get for self-important numpties in the community demanding 5+ size groups.
They sure as hell aren't going to put large groups in the solo queue again, so they're GOING to create a group queue as it's the next logical thing.

Yep guess what, your 5-man group is now buggered vs. an 8-man group.
Would have been better just to go to a 2 & 3 group and drop in the pug queue right?
But nope. Now you've ruined it for everyone who can't field a large team.

Still i'd rather group players get hurt than solo players. Solo players do not deserve to be facing large premades.

#118 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

I generally agree that small groups will have to suck it up and deal with unevenness, just like the pugs have done for years.

That having been said, I actually agree with the OP. In a perfect world, a 10 man would get pitted against another 10 man every time. Just like there is one team per side in the solo queue now.

The problem with that is PGI has to balance that 'fairness' against long wait times. ESPECIALLY upon initial implementation. And especially during off hours.

No system is going to be perfect, and the simple fact is that during Asia-Pac and Euro prime time the population is just not big enough.

PGI can always tighten up the group queue to look for better matches, but they have to be careful or everyone will be bitching about waiting 5 min for a match.

View PostVeranova, on 02 July 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Well this is what we get for self-important numpties in the community demanding 5+ size groups.
They sure as hell aren't going to put large groups in the solo queue again, so they're GOING to create a group queue as it's the next logical thing.

Yep guess what, your 5-man group is now buggered vs. an 8-man group.
Would have been better just to go to a 2 & 3 group and drop in the pug queue right?
But nope. Now you've ruined it for everyone who can't field a large team.

Still i'd rather group players get hurt than solo players. Solo players do not deserve to be facing large premades.

5+2+3+4 vs 8+2+2 is not that bad.

8+4 vs 5+3+2+2 on the other hand is tough.

One can hope that somewhere in the MM it looks at total number of teams and tries to get them within 1. At least initially.

#119 xCico

• WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

You people suck so much

First you asked for larger que and when is here, you cant deal with it. How are you going to balance matches if MWO doesnt really have big player base and it has matcmaking based on ELO, it was expected we will drop 10 vs 6, 11 vs 7 etc. Btw had match versus 10 man CW, we smashed them just cause of coordination, playing in 5+ man groups is even more fun, if you guys think you can win every match while pugging or in 4 man group? BIG NOPE. Stop whining how you lose and find yourselve a team and carry God damn team if its needed, and learn to use tactic, cause there is no magic that can win match for ya if there is a competitive team on enemy side.
About 12 mans vs pugs, that should be solved soon i guess? Just like last time.

Edited by Almighty Cico, 02 July 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#120 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

In this thread:

WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!! My 2-4 man ROFLstomp group with a pumped up ELO is getting ROFLstomped by bigger groups!!! PGI PLOX NERF TEAMWORK NAO!!!

The game needs VOIP. Typing in information while taking fire doesn't work. Every shooter out there now that requires teamwork to win has VOIP as a requirement. Even the dreaded COD, where 12 year old kids that scream obscenities constantly can at least tell you where the sniper is, and where an ambush is set.

Protip--Go here: http://mwomercs.com/...s-inner-sphere/
or here: http://mwomercs.com/...factions-clans/

Try out some groups, and find one that fits your playstyle and hours. Make more friends, get on teamspeak. ROFLstomp others in your new larger group.

Edited by Big Tin Man, 02 July 2014 - 03:44 PM.

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users