12 Mans Rofl Stomping Pugs Again

Balance

372 replies to this topic

#141 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

My crew hasn't returned yet to play as a large group, but I can say without question that playing in the solo queue as a solo player seems FAR better.

So this, coupled with being able to play with as many of my friends as are on at any given time? Yes, this is a dramatic improvement.

#142 Fatal25

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

I have played eight matches since the patch in a two man group. Five of those eight matches have been a 10-12 man stompfest against us. The last game on Canyon I noticed the entire opposing team was all of one clan. I told my buddy we wouldn't last 60 seconds. We didn't. If this is working as designed then I can, with all certainty, say the game will lose a good deal of casual gamers who support the game with purchases to play with a couple of friends and have a good time. If the hardcore gamers are happy with the matchmaker now that is great for them. The casual players will just end up leaving since I know some of us just want to unwind for a few hours after work playing a game we at least have a chance of winning. If the last eight matches show me anything, it was not enjoyable.

#143 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

Yeah, 10-12 man groups should be paired against other 10-12 man groups. 1 4man premade+puggies vs 12man.....yeah, sounds like a curb stomp just waiting to happen.

#144 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

View PostKahnawake MechMaster Prime, on 02 July 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

OMG this misleading titled post is still going??? lmao...

Q-myself-FT

I see what you mean but it might as well be full pug when its comprised of 2-4's against a 10-12 all in the same comms. Teamwork is OP in this game, as it should be. Comms helps that (still a good thing) but a pre-made 10 should be against another 10.

#145 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

1 4man premade+puggies vs 12man.....yeah, sounds like a curb stomp just waiting to happen.

This does not happen...

solo droppers(Pugs and/or puggies) will never face a 12man premade

Edited by Warblood, 02 July 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#146 Daneel Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 173 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:14 PM

It'll even out; calm down.

#147 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 02 July 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

Yeah, 10-12 man groups should be paired against other 10-12 man groups. 1 4man premade+puggies vs 12man.....yeah, sounds like a curb stomp just waiting to happen.

WHAT YOU DESCRIBE CAN LITERALLY NEVER HAPPEN.
UNDERSTAND THE SYSTEM BEFORE YOU MAKE STUPID COMPLAINTS.

#148 Firemage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 120 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:24 PM

Dropping with 1 friend most of the night seems we keep getting matched vs huge steamroller teams 8+ mechs of the same group.

#149 Kyynele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 973 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 02 July 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

The amount of misinformation in this thread is astounding. No solo players have to play against 12 mans.

What people are crying about here is that any group DOES have a chance to end up playing against a 12 man. With other small groups. So, the end result could be like 12 vs 2+3+3+4. And it will be a complete stomp, worse than anything seen in public queue before. And this is as intended, according to patch notes.

I played with a 8-12 man group tonight, and we won EVERY SINGLE MATCH, most with a huge margin. In 20+ games, I died twice, and the other one of those was from friendly fire, team members getting too greedy about getting kills.

At the moment, to me it looks like if you want to maximize your chances of winning, you either play solo and try to take advantage of nobody doing anything smart, or you play in as big of a team you can get into. Playing with 1 friend is pretty much the worst thing you can do, even in best case scenario, you gimp your solo queue team by bringing the smallest allowed premade, while the opposition can and likely will have a larger one.

#150 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

I have to agree there is a problem with sticking small groups together against 10-12 man that is and most likely has been playing together. There won't be anywhere near the same level of coordination between the small groups as the big one. Too many of the group matches have been totally one sided. It is against the CoC, but I totally understand why people are dropping from those matches. For many people the aggravation quotient hit the roof and the fun factor hit the floor. :unsure:

#151 Capt Sternn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

I will never Understand why the match maker just can't do this:
Single que: Take 24 single que people and put them in a match
small group: 2-3-4, make up 2 teams equalling 12 per side
Large group: 8-10-12 finds another 8-10-12 team and matches you up with no fill in.
why is this so hard.

Edited by Capt Sternn, 02 July 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#152 Quick n Fast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationKahnawake

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

I will never Understand why the match maker just can't do this:
Single que: Take 24 single que people and put them in a match
small group: 2-3-4, make up 2 teams equalling 12 per side
Large group: 8-10-12 finds another 8-10-12 team and matches you up with no fill in.
why is this so hard.

clearly math isn't ur strong point...

if you have a 8 or 10 man on each team.... how are u gonna find a 2 or 4 man to make it 12ppl for each team??

*facepalm*

#153 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostKahnawake MechMaster Prime, on 02 July 2014 - 06:07 PM, said:

clearly math isn't ur strong point...

if you have a 8 or 10 man on each team.... how are u gonna find a 2 or 4 man to make it 12ppl for each team??

*facepalm*

He was basically saying make like groups match together.

#154 Quick n Fast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationKahnawake

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

He was basically saying make like groups match together.

which the MM alry does

only grps of 2-4 will be placed wth the solo queues an grp q's

#155 Mavairo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

Seemed to work fairly well, tested as a 4 man, and as a 8-12.

Didn't get stuck against or with any window lickers. (most likely they are more or less all in the solo que)

#156 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostKahnawake MechMaster Prime, on 02 July 2014 - 06:12 PM, said:

which the MM alry does

only grps of 2-4 will be placed wth the solo queues an grp q's

It also mixes 3 or 4 small groups against 10-12 man groups that are well practiced together. Those mixed groups are steamrolled pretty easily by comparison.

#157 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:24 PM

12-mans play other 12-mans,
10-mans+2-man play 10-man+2-man,
8-man+4-man play 8-man+4-man,
Ect ect.

At no point does the MM take a bunch of 2-4 mans and place them against a single large group, ie a 12-man.
I'm sorry PGI took your crutch away and actually sorted Match making, but solo players have had it rough for quite some time, its quite even now from what i can tell.
Played solo tonight, won some , lost some, played in a group that went from 6, to 8 to a 12-man, won some, got stomped some.
But for once that MM actually seems fair with low wait times.

PS. Kudos to you Mr Berg.

Edited by KHETTI, 02 July 2014 - 06:26 PM.

#158 Drasari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostKHETTI, on 02 July 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

Ect ect.

At no point does the MM take a bunch of 2-4 mans and place them against a single large group, ie a 12-man.
I'm sorry PGI took your crutch away and actually sorted Match making, but solo players have had it rough for quite some time, its quite even now from what i can tell.
Played solo tonight, won some , lost some, played in a group that went from 6, to 8 to a 12-man, won some, got stomped some.

Yes it does do that.

#159 Haipyng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 593 posts
  • LocationIn Transit

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:29 PM

View PostKHETTI, on 02 July 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

Ect ect.

PS. Kudos to you Mr Berg.

Yes it does do that. Even that patch notes say so.

#160 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:32 PM

The problem with the group matchmaker is already wait times. It's not just balancing numbers - it's balancing tonnage/mech class and Elo along with it. This makes more criteria on team makeup even more complex and slows mm resolution time.

Ideally you'd have a max difference in total teams per side - say, 2. So if one side as 2 teams (be that 10 and 2 or 6 and 6) the other side can't be made of more than 4 teams. A 12man can't go against a team comprised of more than 3 teams (8,2,2 or 6, 4,2, etc).

Currently though it's a new thing and will take a little settling out.

I'd love to pug in it. Absolutely I would. Follow along, do what the group does, hold my point in the line. I do alright with that - I've played 12mans with no voip plenty of times.

For now though...

The irony. The delicious, delicious irony.

38 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users