• The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:22 PM

View PostTimberWolf87, on 18 June 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

Especially when it goes after your very own "trouser snake"... Posted Image

Yeah... I think the writers were venting. Evidently, they were trying to get rid of the Nova Cats through tournaments that would influence the lore, but the Nova Cat players kept winning. So they said screw it and just did all sorts of awful to them in lore just to spite the Clan. :\

#242 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:55 AM

Just a heads up:

In case some of you have been wondering, CNCI does not generally do Invasion matches, but more often can be found in Scouting drops. The quicker pace, and focus on individual pilot skill is simply much more pleasurable. Plus, it is not as if we can take planets anyways. We were a reserve clan, after all. If you see me on and want in on a scouting drop, don't hesitate to poke me.

Edit: That said, I believe Kanajashi prefers Invasion more than Scouting.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 27 June 2017 - 05:57 AM.

#243 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:21 AM

I do not even know where to begin with the CNC faction logo PGI is giving us. It looks... disturbing as hell. What is going on with its eyes? Why does it look like a constipated bat?!

Further, I do not understand why they would need to redesign it at all. They already had the logo in the game from the decal system. Why did they not simply copy that for the faction emblem?

Please, would appreciate any additional spotlight from our fellow clansmen regarding this. Unlike the big four, we Nova Cats alone do not have the numbers to make sufficient noise. :\

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5825470

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 15 July 2017 - 07:23 AM.

#244 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

Lol yup, pretty ugly.

#245 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:31 PM

I'll make a poll for that. It does look disturbing.
Update: Poll made for anyone interested in turning Clan Nova "Bat" into Clan Nova Cat.
Posted Image
https://mwomercs.com...-nova-cat-logo/

Edited by Will9761, 15 July 2017 - 05:16 PM.

#246 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:19 AM

As of 8:35 PM EST last night, Clan Nova Cat International finally flipped the switch to Clan Nova Cat loyalist. 6 years after the creation of this thread. XD

#247 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:26 AM

Nice, congrats.

#248 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:28 AM

Now PGI needs to work on the forum avatars for them and things will be set.

#249 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:26 AM

View PostWill9761, on 19 July 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

Now PGI needs to work on the forum avatars for them and things will be set.

Forum avatar and the score screen. Missing in both.

#250 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:42 PM

Now that Clan Nova Cat is in this game, let this thread become as it should, a campfire for Nova Cats. Under the nation anthem of the Nova Cat, Seyla.

#251 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

Hotfix Inbound:
https://mwomercs.com...d-for-20jul2017

#252 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:53 PM

07 To the Nova Cats. Are there any solid Nova Cat units functioning yet?

#253 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 04:31 AM

Solid? There was a solid one about two years ago. Clan Nova Cat International used to have a sizable force, of around 30-40 members. However now, while not dead, it suffered player attrition of members due to game stagnation, and the difficulty in replenishing ranks due to both being a smaller Clan and not having official forum support to basically get free advertisement.

I saw quite a few more Nova Cats logging back in for the first time in ages, however, since the patch. We nearly had two lances in game for the first time in ages! I have no intention of revitalizing the unit, however. I already helped rebuild it, once, and I simply do not have the time or energy to herd cats at this time. I recently did recruit and re-invite a few people, but we are not tying RP aspects into it, or anything. Ranks are superficial, etc. The good old days were pretty awesome, though. We were few in number, but at least half of our players were good enough to compete competitively if they so wanted. Few in number, but high in skill.

There was another, smaller, Nova Cat unit, but they were only made up of about a half dozen members. Extremely exclusive group. Not bad, but they were not recruiting at the time, and I doubt they still exist. Outside of that, I do not believe any units are active.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 22 July 2017 - 04:32 AM.

#254 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:58 AM

This is from punakettu who did some exceptional work on BT faction logos.

http://punakettu.dev...t-Logo-97712446

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 22 July 2017 - 06:59 AM.

#255 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:44 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 22 July 2017 - 06:58 AM, said:

This is from punakettu who did some exceptional work on BT faction logos.

http://punakettu.dev...t-Logo-97712446

His was basically the old standard. Just cleaned up. Nothing was particularly altered, aside from removing the clutter that was that stained glass effect.

#256 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

OK cool. Well at least you don't have to look at a deranged nova cat. Posted Image

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 24 July 2017 - 03:23 PM.

#257 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

You guys should come together and represent Clan Nova Cat in the NetBattleTech league about to start up...

https://www.netbattletech.com

#258 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:14 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 24 July 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

You guys should come together and represent Clan Nova Cat in the NetBattleTech league about to start up...

https://www.netbattletech.com

I would love to take the Nova Cats into NBT.  The problem is, there are still too few of us back, and, even if we all miraculously reappeared, I am fairly certain none of us want to take the game seriously enough to get into a league.  Those of us who were involved in leagues before, myself included, got burned badly.  

Not by the league, mind you.  By our own members, and by the burnout caused as a result.  For example,  when we had around 35 active members, we had a comp team of 10 players, all solid on their own right.  We had our own way of doing things, and we did them well on the field.  However, in the end, only five of us ever did drops.  Every league drop, it was four of us five.  Every single one.  The others never showed up!  Got exhausting, and the absolute lack of drive to practice or participate by half of the comp team made things worse.

Honestly, if I could do it all over again, I'd be a hell of a lot more selective in our members.  While we offered and encouraged training to improve our pilots' skill, and some did take full advantage of that to their benefit (Kanajashi's tutorial videos actually started as training aids tailor made for Nova Cat warriors), most just wanted to play more casually.  Problem is, it became too casual, and when it came time for leagues, we had people who were, quite frankly, full on potato stomping their feet and being pissy that they were not invited for it.  Despite refusing to put in the effort or having the minimal skill required to perform at a level above "embarrassing."

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 24 July 2017 - 06:20 PM.

#259 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 24 July 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

Despite refusing to put in the effort or having the minimal skill required to perform at a level above "embarrassing."

This is a major root cause for alot of teams. Folks think they can just show up and drop and do well in comp settings. Reality is, the reason teams like SJR, EMP, Oz, D5 can play "casually" is because they have in their past, put in the thousands of game hours to prep and now they move/fight/shoot like it's second nature because it is indeed muscle memory for them.

And so it's frustrating if you're "new" to the comp scene, but the reality is, we all have to pay our dues to compete at that kind of level. We had to have the same "come to grips" conversations and divide our talent into different level teams to accomplish much of this.

#260 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 24 July 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

This is a major root cause for alot of teams. Folks think they can just show up and drop and do well in comp settings. Reality is, the reason teams like SJR, EMP, Oz, D5 can play "casually" is because they have in their past, put in the thousands of game hours to prep and now they move/fight/shoot like it's second nature because it is indeed muscle memory for them.

And so it's frustrating if you're "new" to the comp scene, but the reality is, we all have to pay our dues to compete at that kind of level. We had to have the same "come to grips" conversations and divide our talent into different level teams to accomplish much of this.

Very true. And very predictable. Hell, we did predict it. Had we started with a more uniform skill level, the skill level gap would have been much tighter, and there would be far less striation of skill. Everyone would have been valid for league, had they desired, and there would have been far less friction between the good players and the bad.

Again, though. I didn't start CNCI. I merely spent the majority of the time doing proactive damage control and dealing with clan structuring issues. Predicting what would happen and solving internal problems before they cropped up.

All our command staff got burned out in much the same way. Thus, we are all super casual now. Casual, but still extremely capable players.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 24 July 2017 - 06:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users