155 replies to this topic

#101 KinsonRavenlock

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 44 posts
  • LocationCalgary,Alberta

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:14 AM

Heh mudhut with his conspiracy theory about blaming the worlds ills on premades, and finally he gets proof !.
He asks in the new solo queue if the other team is an 8man sync dropping and they admit it !!
Somehow he failed to take a screen shot.... One would think considering how adamant your arguments have been on this issue your print screen button would be nigh well worn out by now....
Never fear I'll take your anecdotal evidence as truth !

#102 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:47 AM

View PostKinsonRavenlock, on 10 July 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

Heh mudhut with his conspiracy theory about blaming the worlds ills on premades, and finally he gets proof !.
He asks in the new solo queue if the other team is an 8man sync dropping and they admit it !!
Somehow he failed to take a screen shot.... One would think considering how adamant your arguments have been on this issue your print screen button would be nigh well worn out by now....
Never fear I'll take your anecdotal evidence as truth !

Would love to have screenshots but since this new computer build they all come blank. My go to fix it guy is out of the country on deployment so I am somewhat screwed for now. No biggie as sooner or later someone will get it. My comp on the boat still does it though but wifi is spotty and I haven't been able to hold a connection. Just built a new antenna so will try this weekend.
For anecdotal evidence I will say that last year the things I posted did in fact occur and were proven over time, Its a forum so I am patient with what goes around comes around.

View PostLynx7725, on 09 July 2014 - 11:39 PM, said:

It's not that. It's that his twitter sort of went back and forth.

https://twitter.com/...338724058669057

Now I'm not even sure which is which.

It seems in the world of PGI no one gets a straight answer and its far better to hide fault in the gray areas. No gray areas then create them by having media contradict each other. Don't know why people don't get that simple fact of propaganda/business today.

#103 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:57 AM

The last tweet of Russ tells me that 2-4 man groups were dropping in the group queue exclusively until the MM was reset and now 2-4 man groupsare put in both queues. Or am I reading it wrong?

#104 Stormyblade

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 187 posts
  • LocationSomewhere around Portland, OR

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:25 AM

You know, coming in to this thread I was sure I would find that somehow groups were somehow still able to "trick" or "cheat" the match-maker and drop groups into the solo queue. It would seem that several here have found there's no way to do this - the most recent patch has improved the match-maker so it doesn't do that anymore -- well, unless you count up to one 4-man group as a dominant force. ;)

I guess I am sheepishly admitting that I was falling for the "damn match-maker is still broken because there are groups dropping into the solo queue" paranoia -- I have to say this thread is quite a relief and my matches since last week have just been due to smart PUG play and not an overwhelming/domineering force.

#105 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:55 AM

According to Sean Lang (AKA Phil) that on the podcast there are only solo's in the solo ques, all groups go into the group que. Of course that does mean people could sync drop, but the last time I tried it with some people it was not very successful, like 1 out of 8 times we got the same people in the same match on the same side. Apparently this change was made after the patch was released.

#106 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:12 AM

View PostStormyblade, on 10 July 2014 - 04:25 AM, said:

I guess I am sheepishly admitting that I was falling for the "damn match-maker is still broken because there are groups dropping into the solo queue" paranoia -- I have to say this thread is quite a relief and my matches since last week have just been due to smart PUG play and not an overwhelming/domineering force.

Just to be clear, yes...groups of 2-4 ARE indeed dropping in both the solo and group queue. Match maker allows up to one group of 2-4 per team...and they aren't always the same size...so you may get a group of 2 on one side and a group of 4 on the other.

The comments about there not being groups in the solo queue are misinformation based on a statement Russ had made that when the new MM launched, they had tightened the valve to favor groups for the group queue because they were afraid there wouldn't be enough groups.

However, they almost immediately loosened that valve hours after launch to allow more groups into the solo queue.

And yes, a group of 4 is more than enough to completely sway the favor of the match. This is what many solo players are complaining about.

Edited by Bhael Fire, 10 July 2014 - 05:14 AM.

#107 SprechenSieSexy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:21 AM

View PostBhael Fire, on 10 July 2014 - 05:12 AM, said:

Just to be clear, yes...groups of 2-4 ARE indeed dropping in both the solo and group queue. Match maker allows up to one group of 2-4 per team...and they aren't always the same size...so you may get a group of 2 on one side and a group of 4 on the other.

The comments about there not being groups in the solo queue are misinformation based on a statement Russ had made that when the new MM launched, they had tightened the valve to favor groups for the group queue because they were afraid there wouldn't be enough groups.

However, they almost immediately loosened that valve hours after launch to allow more groups into the solo queue.

And yes, a group of 4 is more than enough to completely sway the favor of the match. This is what many solo players are complaining about.

But "L2P", join a group, etc.
Or, you know, new players can just jump ship and go to greener pastures.

#108 Ozric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

View PostBhael Fire, on 10 July 2014 - 05:12 AM, said:

I'm afraid you are still wrong about this. The latest NGNG podcast has confirmed that the solo queue is only for solo players right now.

There was some confusion around the time of the first patch when the 'reasons' for the solo queue being solo only were not widely known, and during the brief period when groups started dropping in the solo queue again, but now the queue is back to solo only (which is exactly how it should be).

#109 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:03 AM

View PostKaramarka, on 09 July 2014 - 11:34 PM, said:

Yep, i have the same experience. It doesn't matter how many kills or damage I DO personally, it's a team effort and we aither stomp them or they stomp us. Only some games have been close and fair, well - interesting.

More often than not we will have 2-3 suiciders cause they are new

Yea, bad run for me last night and luck of the draw I guess with solo drop pool. Just not my usual performance and had me wishing for at least one premade I could depend on sticking together to follow. ;) Hahaha.

Probably did not help I was running some of my secondary mechs. Maybe I should have swapped to my shawks or phracts. Dunno if it would have helped really but probably could have done more in those for the team.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 10 July 2014 - 06:03 AM.

#110 Wispsy

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:24 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 10 July 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

It seems in the world of PGI no one gets a straight answer and its far better to hide fault in the gray areas. No gray areas then create them by having media contradict each other. Don't know why people don't get that simple fact of propaganda/business today.

Has been confirmed on reddit...solo is apparently broken...has no groups at all in it.

#111 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:30 AM

This would explain why the game has gotten so damn boring! Toooooo easy.

#112 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:38 AM

View PostOzric, on 10 July 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

I'm afraid you are still wrong about this. The latest NGNG podcast has confirmed that the solo queue is only for solo players right now.

There was some confusion around the time of the first patch when the 'reasons' for the solo queue being solo only were not widely known, and during the brief period when groups started dropping in the solo queue again, but now the queue is back to solo only (which is exactly how it should be).

Yeah..Russ just confirmed it; No groups currently in the Solo queue.

https://twitter.com/...232709329043456

#113 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:26 AM

View PostBhael Fire, on 10 July 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

Yeah..Russ just confirmed it; No groups currently in the Solo queue.

https://twitter.com/...232709329043456

Nice.

#114 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

Too bad!

#115 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:19 AM

Posted Image

lol, mudhut.

Seems you have a serious case of the git guds.

#116 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

Because it's destroyed the fun in PUG matches. It's made it way too easy!

#117 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:26 AM

View PostWhy Run, on 10 July 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

Because it's destroyed the fun in PUG matches. It's made it way too easy!

I'm sorry, but...no...there is too much. I sum up.

Posted Image

#118 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

but but... that screen shot mudhut could have taken would have proved Russ wrong!

#119 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:29 AM

View PostGhogiel, on 10 July 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

but but... that screen shot mudhut could have taken would have proved Russ wrong!

I hate that my camera always malfunctions whenever I see Bigfoot holding a tea party.

#120 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 10 July 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

I hate that my camera always malfunctions whenever I see Bigfoot holding a tea party.

I once saw players say some BS in the game chat and believed it too! wish my prt scrn worked!

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users