Is Solo Que Broken?

155 replies to this topic

#121 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:34 AM

Remove groups from the PUG made the que too easy, whats so hard to understand about that?

#122 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

actually removing groups from the solo queue entirely is exactly what they did (but not what the patch notes advertised)

Edited by Redshift2k5, 10 July 2014 - 08:36 AM.

#123 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

View PostWhy Run, on 10 July 2014 - 08:34 AM, said:

Remove groups from the PUG made the que too easy, whats so hard to understand about that?

There is a solution to your particular problem. Find a friend and you'll never have to drop solo again. You don't even have to like the fellow(s). Just use em for some drops now and again.

#124 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostBilbo, on 10 July 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

There is a solution to your particular problem. Find a friend and you'll never have to drop solo again. You don't even have to like the fellow(s). Just use em for some drops now and again.

Hehehe. Solo queue has groups removed.

Solo player: It's too easy now!
Premade player: Doesn't give a **** because he's still dropping with friends, and could care less if they took away the "premade pug-stomping boogeymen."

If groups were added BACK into solo queue?

Solo player: The Premade Boogeyman make this queue suck!
Premade player: Still doesn't really care, but gets to laugh about occasionally wrecking a team with zero coordination, and wonders if there was any premade on the other team at all.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 10 July 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#125 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

Premads are gone from solo queue = peace and quiet. Now we can point at the bads and laugh in the solo one.

#126 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

This is how it should have been from the beginning. That way PGI could have focused on making the group elements of the game were better. Instead of spending a ton of time on a mixed queue with seriously skewed results depending on pre-made compositions.

#127 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

Group que is working just fine. If someone cannot take a minute to create a group and inv just one person to get into it, they have no business being there.

Solo drops complained to no end about how groups ruined the game, well it works both ways. There is no reason for just any random person to be wandering around mudding up the water in group ques. I understand some will say "oh, but I have the right mindset for the que". Well, there isn't a "oh I know what I am doing" button to sort it out.

Bed made, lay down.

#128 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 06 July 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

I seriously doubt that after 10k matches. I am pretty sure by now i know when a team is on comms and one match they admitted they were an 8 man when asked. This is much different gameplay then after the patch almost like it was before.

Why I am asking as thats my understanding.

What is happening is that there are players who will speak to other pugs at the beginning of a match and thrash out a plan. Ive done this and effectively turned a solo group into a 12 man several times. Mostly its impossible but if you have either a 2 man premade or a few individuals buy in.. Well, the rest can be history, pretty fast.. Teamwork = Victory.

Edited by Nick86, 10 July 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#129 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:38 AM

I do play with friends, but I play at random times and infrequently, so I generally play alone (limited time, gotta maximize in game time). It's become far too easy in the PUG que without groups. I suppose this is a side effect of my own schedule, but it just isn't that fun...

#130 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

View PostNick86, on 10 July 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

What is happening is that there are players who will speak to other pugs at the beginning of a match and thrash out a plan. Ive done this and effectively turned a solo group into a 12 man several times. Mostly its impossible but if you have either a 2 man premade or a few individuals buy in.. Well, the rest can be history, pretty fast.. Teamwork = Victory.

Agreed but with experience its not very hard to see who is on comms. Stuff just doesn;t happen in solo matches that does when communication is instant. A big one is when you see a mech get narced and it moves into ecm or almost instantly before any missile leaves the tube. Watch three or four do that in a match and odds are they are on comms. Takes a good 20 seconds before it gets typed and never mind read so reaction is much slower for pugs. Add in any group reaction on the fly along with that. Sure pugs and experienced players can move like that but there is always some lag as its follow the leader or one or two lag on reading chat and it turns into an elephant walk instead. Crisp flanking is super rare in pug matches.

These things are simple with some common sense applied. Sure there are coincidences but not so repeatable over and over in one match.

#131 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 10 July 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

Agreed but with experience its not very hard to see who is on comms. Stuff just doesn;t happen in solo matches that does when communication is instant. A big one is when you see a mech get narced and it moves into ecm or almost instantly before any missile leaves the tube. Watch three or four do that in a match and odds are they are on comms. Takes a good 20 seconds before it gets typed and never mind read so reaction is much slower for pugs. Add in any group reaction on the fly along with that. Sure pugs and experienced players can move like that but there is always some lag as its follow the leader or one or two lag on reading chat and it turns into an elephant walk instead. Crisp flanking is super rare in pug matches.

These things are simple with some common sense applied. Sure there are coincidences but not so repeatable over and over in one match.

But there are no groups in the solo drops.

#132 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 10 July 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:

But there are no groups in the solo drops.

Just to be clear.

#133 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 10 July 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

Just to be clear.

not true

it's very obviously untrue because there's a conspiracy theory to drop premades into the solo queue. I mean that's the only reason stomps could happen right? :P

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 10 July 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

This is how it should have been from the beginning. That way PGI could have focused on making the group elements of the game were better. Instead of spending a ton of time on a mixed queue with seriously skewed results depending on pre-made compositions.

^this

View PostBhael Fire, on 10 July 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

Yeah..Russ just confirmed it; No groups currently in the Solo queue.

https://twitter.com/...232709329043456

no way, that means some of the ones complaining about getting roflstomped because of premades in the solo queue are *gasp* either lying or wrong???? Pshaw you say!

#134 Mainerd

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Locationon a reclining chair so don't ask me to type

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

I think some of the problem is a 2-man going up against a 4-man.

If the matchmaker doesn't alternate dropping people into groups it would be easy to get 8 people on a team through synch dropping.

Edited by Mainerd, 10 July 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#135 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

This thread went from epic lol to priceless.

Let's thank our premade boogeyman overlords sync drop masters new underhive newbie happy-solo "overlords" for showing the solo queue a great time.

#136 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

Mudhut: "After seeing premade bogeymen destroying the pug queue for 10,000 matches, I continue to see premade bogeymen destroying pug matches everywhere. I know they're there, even when they can't be. They're everywhere!"

Do you realize your posts all sound like a conspiracy theorist's ranting? Any sign of teamwork, and it must be premade bogeymen sync dropping on voice comms? Teamwork, even crisp flanking attacks, can be done by competent players in pug matches by just watching the minimap.

#137 Piney II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

Mud,

Have you ever considered that there are good players in solo who have (gasp!) played together a lot? Maybe even in "PREMADES!

These guys don't need TS or groups.They know the maps and can steer their teams through chat or just their actions.

Getting stomped in solo now is just flat out being out-played.

It happens.....

#138 Wispsy

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 2,007 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

So...I remember discussing this kind of thing with you a very long time ago Mudhutwarrior...it seems that perhaps, you are not all that capable of telling if the other team is on comms or not...perhaps it is as I said and you just need to try improving at this game if you want to win more...instead of blaming it on imaginary 10mans and large scale permanently successful sync drops....

Edited by Wispsy, 10 July 2014 - 07:54 PM.

#139 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

I think once they tighten up Elo matching on the 15th, many of the "Phantom Premade" stories will start to fade away into the nether.

My guess is that the disparity between Elo scores on each side is very frequently too large, leading some players to think that they were up against a premade.

It's tricky, because the symptoms are very similar between a premade and a few experienced solo players using nothing but team chat to organize and form up a plan.

#140 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

View PostBhael Fire, on 10 July 2014 - 08:24 PM, said:

I think once they tighten up Elo matching on the 15th, many of the "Phantom Premade" stories will start to fade away into the nether.

My guess is that the disparity between Elo scores on each side is very frequently too large, leading some players to think that they were up against a premade.

It's tricky, because the symptoms are very similar between a premade and a few experienced solo players using nothing but team chat to organize and form up a plan.

Nah, those saying it now will continue saying it. We said the same thing when they announced group limits
they said the same thing then

then when they removed the groups from the solo queue
they say the same thing now

then after your suggestion
they'll say the same thing then

Really it's just mud doing what he does except this time I think he was fishing to test the waters and see how much support he would still get in the "anti-premade" camps

60 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 60 guests, 0 anonymous users