Xp Reward In This Game Makes 0 Sense.

15 replies to this topic

#1 Foxfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

I can easily rack up 4-5 kills, 700-800 damage, and 6-8 assists and get ~800 xp then turn around and get 0 kills, ~450 damage, 4 assists and end up with around 900 xp.

Edited by Foxfire, 07 July 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#2 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:50 PM

View PostFoxfire, on 07 July 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

I can easily rack up 4-5 kills, 800+ damage, and yet get ~800 damage, and 8 assists and get ~800 points then turn around and get 0 kills, ~450 damage, 4 assists and end up with around 900 xp.

XP rewards are based on the % of damage you did to the kill. They're not set. You're essentially splitting the 150 xp reward with everyone else that got an assist on that kill.

If you tapped 5 targets with a med laser you may get 5 assist credits but you'll get almost no xp.

Old thread so there may be some changes but it's the most current thing i've seen:

http://mwomercs.com/...-functionality/

Edited by Sug, 07 July 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#3 Foxfire

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

That doesn't make sense because even if I get the maximum amount of xp from damage without killing(aka I did 99% of the damage), that would only give a maximum of 594 xp from assists alone.

I am accounting for win/loss bonuses in my totals.

They seem to place more on survivor kills than actual effort.... which survivor kills have only to do with timing of the kills and not with the amount of effort.

#4 KAT Ayanami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

Why ppl worry SO MUCH about exp and C-bills?? I just play until I get the amount I need. Playing more games to get there is easier if you do not have a farming mentality.,..

#5 WarGanisM

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

XP for conquest makes even less sense, 50xp for a point capture and that's it regardless of how many you take. I know they don't want folk playing farm the cap points in a massive team circle jerk for a massive XP I get it! however it really does hurt the game.

For those few that actually try to get the caps, get no reward what so ever, often when matches end via points you gain less xp, than those who just went off for the jollies as they were 1) enjoying themselves (aka fighting), and 2) get more xp than you because of all the damage they were able to dish out in the time you were sitting there getting 0 xp.

You often see it in conquest games, where everyone rushes for the first native point at the start of the match, for their 1 time only freen 50xp, then it's off for gudfights and to hell with any stratgery or concerning cap points. Yes sometimes your team wins as a result of them killing everyone good. However it totally sucks when you go off to cap points getting 0xp, and your team loses because the majority of the team decided Gudfights to be had, all die, but reap some xp from any assists/kill and damage they did in that time, whilst you got no xp for taking the extra caps, and obviously given the circumstance of less time to do damage, and if in said scenari o they all died, you have less chance of surviving the onslaught headed your way by the enemy team.

#6 Foxfire

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostKAT Ayanami, on 07 July 2014 - 04:19 PM, said:

Why ppl worry SO MUCH about exp and C-bills?? I just play until I get the amount I need. Playing more games to get there is easier if you do not have a farming mentality.,..

Nothing to do with farming and everything to do noticing how they reduced the progression.

not bad in itself except for the fact that it penalizes those who can't play for hours whenever they want to either try out a new build on their mechs or try out new mechs.

*edits to add*

In fact, this is more about anti-farming in that I would like to be able to play the game without feeling handicapped because my opponents have the bonuses unlocked while I have to grind(aka farm) to get to the same baseline they are working from.

Edited by Foxfire, 07 July 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#7 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostFoxfire, on 07 July 2014 - 03:46 PM, said:

I can easily rack up 4-5 kills, 700-800 damage, and 6-8 assists and get ~800 xp then turn around and get 0 kills, ~450 damage, 4 assists and end up with around 900 xp.
are you sure you didn't get a 2x XP bonus on the lesser win?

In my experience - and I do check regularly - my XP rewards are very consistent. I suspect you're just missing something.

Remember, there are LOTS of XP bonuses besides damage, kills and assists. If anything, you get much more XP from everything else! Next time, post screenshots of the relevant XP reward screens, so we can see what's going on.

#8 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

I think you might be misreading savior kills as survivor kills... which should count for more since you're killing an opponent that is firing on a friendly (aka it was a well timed kill that potentially saved a friendly). The only thing that is seriously loopy about EXP reward is that ECM/AMS coverage doesn't give EXP.

Edited by Monky, 07 July 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#9 Foxfire

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:05 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 07 July 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

are you sure you didn't get a 2x XP bonus on the lesser win?

In my experience - and I do check regularly - my XP rewards are very consistent. I suspect you're just missing something.

Remember, there are LOTS of XP bonuses besides damage, kills and assists. If anything, you get much more XP from everything else! Next time, post screenshots of the relevant XP reward screens, so we can see what's going on.

I am sure.

I've paid special attention to this since the clan introduction because it seems that they intentionally lowered the xp and cbill gain yet again without mentioning anything.

For example:

The stat line of:

3 kills
6 Assists
5 Component destruction
5 Spotting Assists
685 Damage

All of this netted a total of 881 xp gain and 125.5k Cbills... with the victory.

Seems like something is entirely off with the system when you can have a much worse game yet score the same or better than a good game based on some arbitrary figure such as 'Savior' kills.

Edited by Foxfire, 07 July 2014 - 05:25 PM.

#10 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

View PostFoxfire, on 07 July 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

That doesn't make sense because even if I get the maximum amount of xp from damage without killing(aka I did 99% of the damage), that would only give a maximum of 594 xp from assists alone.

Can't do the real math without some screen shots : /

I"ll look through mine and see if I have any scores that look way off.

Edit: Anyone know why "XP Earned" and "Subtotal" never seem to match?

Edited by Sug, 07 July 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#11 Foxfire

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

View PostSug, on 07 July 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

Can't do the real math without some screen shots : /

I"ll look through mine and see if I have any scores that look way off.

Yeah.. looking for a place without going to some screenshot dump site to upload.

Anyways.. the maximum you can do is 99% damage without 'killing' a mech so 99% of 150 xp is 148.5 xp. If it is true that the kill and assist xp is split based on % damage done to a mech, then that sets a hard limit to what you can get on pure kill and assist xp.. which doesn't really add up.

Edited by Foxfire, 07 July 2014 - 05:36 PM.

#12 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:44 PM

View PostFoxfire, on 07 July 2014 - 05:34 PM, said:

Anyways.. the maximum you can do is 99% damage without 'killing' a mech so 99% of 150 xp is 148.5 xp. If it is true that the kill and assist xp is split based on % damage done to a mech, then that sets a hard limit to what you can get on pure kill and assist xp.. which doesn't really add up.

Only Assist XP is split. Kills give a flat 50xp. Supposedly.

So if a mech dies after 100 damage caused by 2 opponents who did 50 damage each, the one that got the Kill would get 50xp and the one that got the Assist would get (50 damage done / 100 total damage x 150) 75 XP.

Edit: Man I am finding some messed up score screens from Feb where "Earned" totals are just completely wrong.

Actually, this one is from June 19th...

Posted Image

These are some with similar scores but different XP totals. I only play Skirmish.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Sug, 07 July 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#13 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:52 PM

Keep in mind, rewards differ from game mode to game mode - assault has higher kill rewards than conquest, for example. So, when comparing you need to compare like match types.

I'll check some before and after clan screenshots myself. too

#14 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:54 PM

I would just like to see bonuses added to make light mechs and medium more attractive in comparison than they are currently when looking at heavy and assault mechs. It should be equally easy to earn Cbills and XP in any weight class but the damage portion is not balanced with scouting and flanking.

There should be a Cbill and XP bonus for making first radar contact with a mech and entering an unexplored grid sector. They should be pretty sizeable too such that a few sectors of exploring and 1-2 radar first contacts would equal a mid damage kill.

Similarly to make flanking attractive, add bonuses for back armor damage.

Lastly I would overall tone down the damage percentage and add in a bonus for soaking up damage for the team.

#15 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,629 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostJetfire, on 07 July 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

I would just like to see bonuses added to make light mechs and medium more attractive in comparison than they are currently when looking at heavy and assault mechs.

Isn't being as tall as some heavies and carrying much less firepower and armor while moving only moderately faster enough of a bonus?

Seriously though, different XP trees for each Class would probably help. Removing Speed Tweak and some of the movement bonuses from the Heavy and Assault trees would probably help. Give them a % of damage reduction or something more along the lines of what a bigger mech should be good at.

Edited by Sug, 07 July 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#16 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

Well, I don't have very many player stats screenshots, and often don't click to player stats at the end of battles in videos (it seems rather immodest) but I've got a couple taken early in the year (long before clans) here:
Spoiler

Sadly, before the patch reducing turret health, I'd completely stopped playing assault... as I'm playing Any now, it seems most of my matches end up being assaults, and I've only one screenshot post-clans with player stats:

Spoiler

Hope this helps someone.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users