• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostWhy Run, on 10 July 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

I've had mostly rolls and very few good matches since the MM update. I have some pretty ridiculous stats as well... It's completely broken...

There are many that would disagree with you though. the 3/3/3/3 system is great and provided fantastic improvements in MM, mech variety, etc.

#122 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

View PostSandpit, on 10 July 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

There are many that would disagree with you though. the 3/3/3/3 system is great and provided fantastic improvements in MM, mech variety, etc.

I PM'd you my statistical proof as I'm not going to get into a stats argument here. It's broken.

#123 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostWhy Run, on 10 July 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

I PM'd you my statistical proof as I'm not going to get into a stats argument here. It's broken.

Can I get a copy as well?

#124 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 10 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostWhy Run, on 10 July 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

I never disagreed with you. I'm pointing out that you have some that are jumping up and down and arguing with me that 3/3/3/3 "fixed" anything. I don't think 3/3/3/3 did ANYthing except divert a lot of time and resources that could have been used to develop something useful

3/3/3/3
didn't "improve" much, if anything. it didn't improve
roflstomps
mech variety
npe experience

don't mistake my pointing out what otehrs are saying as agreeing with them. It's not the same thing.

#125 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

Yes, we are certainly on the same page!

#126 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

way more mech variety. Hundreds of tons less weapons in each match. longer match and ttk on average. Better matches for my lights and mediums.

Changed a lot. If you play by scavenging and riding your teams premades, yeah. Bet a lot is missing for you. Pugging is great now though, teams even better.

#127 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostSandpit, on 10 July 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

respawns won't stop roflstomps, it will just prolong the same outcome.

Full respawn. "Dropship" mode wouldn't fix anything, but full respawn does in fact help.

It's not going to change the win/loss outcome of the game, but with full respawn the game can still be fun to play for 15 minutes. That was by far the most popular way to play in MW4... in fact while I was playing the only time you ever bothered with no-return was in league play. Public games were always played with respawn on and they were generally a hoot as long as you didn't care about your KDR.

View PostWarHippy, on 10 July 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

Can I get a copy as well?

Likewise, please.

#128 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 10 July 2014 - 02:15 PM, said:

Full respawn. "Dropship" mode wouldn't fix anything, but full respawn does in fact help.

It's not going to change the win/loss outcome of the game, but with full respawn the game can still be fun to play for 15 minutes. That was by far the most popular way to play in MW4... in fact while I was playing the only time you ever bothered with no-return was in league play. Public games were always played with respawn on and they were generally a hoot as long as you didn't care about your KDR.

I have played a couple games that had respawn... Just don't see it as something we need/want. I enjoy the finality of One Mech to lose. Respawn has no place in this game.

#129 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 July 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

I have played a couple games that had respawn... Just don't see it as something we need/want. I enjoy the finality of One Mech to lose. Respawn has no place in this game.

Well I didn't say it was needed. Just that without out it you aren't going to eliminate rolls.

#130 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 July 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

Respawn has no place in this game.

Respawn has no place in a competitive team game. That I'll buy.

MWO isn't that. MWO is a giant stompy robots space magic fun time game. Respawn makes perfect sense in MWO.

How is respawn ultimately any different than exiting and immediately starting a new game? MWO is just the same thing over and over and over. Sure, that one thing is fun in its own way, but let's try not to kid ourselves that it's anything other than repetitive. Respawn would just let you play continuously for 15 minutes before having to re-queue for 3 minutes.

#131 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

it is different in that you are still dead in the game you just quit.

#132 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

Heh, respawning in a Dire Wolf in alpine, the fight is on I9... Glad I took this comic book with me so I can read it while the enemy butchers my team up there ;)

#133 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostBilbo, on 10 July 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

Well I didn't say it was needed. Just that without out it you aren't going to eliminate rolls.

Depending on the roll Diet and Exercise will eliminate rolls, but I ate some honey rolls last night that were divine!

#134 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Respawn would belittle the already meager cost and risk of dying. It would be horrible.

#135 Tynan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

Every time I read a thread about "stomps" my eyes glaze over. How do people at this late date still not understand the concept of force multipliers? Once your team is down a few people, there's a much higher chance of your getting rolled *even if you're substantially better than the enemy players*. When there are two mechs shooting at one, one of those two doesn't even have to think about return fire.

Once a match starts tipping, it's likely to slide quickly into a "stomp." That's just how these things work. You generally only get close matches when the teams are very, very close to evenly matched.

#136 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 July 2014 - 02:25 PM, said:

it is different in that you are still dead in the game you just quit.

But there's no point to the game you just quit. Run around, blow stuff up, herd derps. Re-queue, rinse, repeat.

If there were a point to it, then yeah it might make a difference.

But as it stands, no-return just means you waste 30-50% of your time waiting for the next game. Full respawn would let you play for a full 15 minutes before having to re-queue and wait again.

At the very least, why not make it a 4th game mode? Skirmish with respawn. Call it Skirspawn or Remish.

One very interesting aspect to full respawn games is that they tend to self balance. The "winners" generally push closer and closer to the enemy respawn, which means that the "losers" don't have to do as much running to get back into the fight. Since they return to battle faster, it gives them an edge and the tide tends to turn back to the middle.

#137 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

I just think its funny that the guys always putting down pugs seem to always show up in solo que. What is it are they just not good enough for group drops? Maybe not according to how good and expert they are here on the forums.

Still makes me laugh.

#138 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 10 July 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

I just think its funny that the guys always putting down pugs seem to always show up in solo que. What is it are they just not good enough for group drops? Maybe not according to how good and expert they are here on the forums.

Still makes me laugh.

Has nothing to do with being good enough, it has to do with ability to play. Some of us don't have time to wait around for your buddies to get on and play. I fit games in where I have time in my busy life. I'd like to play a competitive game without some extra hurdles.

#139 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 10 July 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

But there's no point to the game you just quit. Run around, blow stuff up, herd derps. Re-queue, rinse, repeat.

If there were a point to it, then yeah it might make a difference.

But as it stands, no-return just means you waste 30-50% of your time waiting for the next game. Full respawn would let you play for a full 15 minutes before having to re-queue and wait again.

At the very least, why not make it a 4th game mode? Skirmish with respawn. Call it Skirspawn or Remish.

One very interesting aspect to full respawn games is that they tend to self balance. The "winners" generally push closer and closer to the enemy respawn, which means that the "losers" don't have to do as much running to get back into the fight. Since they return to battle faster, it gives them an edge and the tide tends to turn back to the middle.

It has no point cause we are not playing the game yet Road. I don't want something added because the Extended Beta has gotten boring.

As to Respawning and competitive... How competitive are we if we want more than one life per match?

#140 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostWhy Run, on 10 July 2014 - 02:49 PM, said:

Some of us don't have time to wait around for your buddies to get on and play. I fit games in where I have time in my busy life.

This. Last time I hooked up (which was the other day), I waited almost 20 minutes to finally start a game with "the group."

I don't have time for that. Many better things to do than to wait around like Proton and Elgar and their gang, who patiently wait to find victims. Watch their twitch channel sometime. You'd be surprised how little or next to nothing some people have to do with their time, other than this circus.

Not I. More important things to do than that.

Edited by Hellen Wheels, 10 July 2014 - 02:55 PM.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users